[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Friend's sister wants a MBP

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: 1501170187557.jpg (25KB, 301x321px) Image search: [Google]
1501170187557.jpg
25KB, 301x321px
13" 3.1GHZModel for $1,699 after school rebate
And I'm just baka about paying about twice what she should pay.

I know there are some serious general disadvantages like you can't run anything Windows without dualbooting but what are some model specific issues that I could succinctly list for her to attempt to convince her?

Now she's imo just being somewhat of a hipster but if she needs it then she has to get a mac. I haven't stayed up to date on the differences the past five or so years so I'm not sure. She's doing some fashion industry stuff so she needs to be able to use certain programs like photoshop and for some reason the video editing software not sure which

Now I know in the past there were certain programs that only worked on mac and on top of this required peripherals that only worked on mac and on top of THAT it was for some reason necessary to have a thunderbolt plug

But as of today, can't she just dualboot macos on a Windows pc? They've been using Intel cpus forever, is running macos on a PC normal and feasible? Would it run too slow to be worth it?

I know there are some programs that can just be run from Windows just fine like Photoshop but are there any that still need macos and do you need a thunderbolt plug?

I know that there are no PCs with thunderbolt so if she needs this to plugin some stupid peripheral key to use some stupid mac only program then she has no choice

Sorry for my cancerous post I just can't be arsed to keep up with a herpes infested company like Apple
>>
Balls
>>
File: 1487290090483.jpg (2MB, 1800x4500px) Image search: [Google]
1487290090483.jpg
2MB, 1800x4500px
>>61857381

>2006-2015
>trackpad impossible to click near upper edge
>extremely loose near bottom edge
>overall flimsy diving board piece of shit
>even applel admitted it's shit and went back to solid non-click touchpads
>still has no real buttons
>relies on pressure sensitive gimmick bullshit
>if you press too lightly or too hard it does something completely different than what you intended
>shit tier 1mm travel chiclet kb
>OSX is a steaming pile of shit with horrendous battery management
>applel's solution is to cram in a massive heavy 95WHr battery to make up for it
>even XXXTREME GAMER cancer like razer blade with 4X the CPU/GPU power and 70WHr battery matches it in battery life in same tasks
>gets BTFO by 55WHr Yoga 2 in battery life in same tasks
>the battery takes up the space where a cooling system would've been in a laptop not designed by the world's thinnest and lightest gay hipsters
>overheats constantly from abysmal crippled cooling system
>throttles to 800mhz due to chronic overheating problems
>retina meme for "pros" have have <70% aRGB
>gloss mirror coating impossible to use with overhead lighting
>blurry as shit retina meme scaling
>shitbook air even worse with glossy 1366x768 TN eye cancer
>systemic battery explosion problems for over a decade

>2016+
https://9to5mac.com/2016/11/03/2016-macbook-pro-thunderbolt-compatibility-issues
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYVjIjBMx6o
>can't use any existing TB3 devices
>can't use USB and wifi at the same time
>ultra shit tier zero travel kb
>keyboard louder than WWII cricket
>memetouch emojibar
>no USB-A
>no escape
>soldered ram
>soldered SSD
>tamper tape on battery screws
>applel falls for their own thin meme and uses 54WH battery
>2 hour battery life

http://www.howtogeek.com/198043/how-to-merge-folders-on-mac-os-x-without-losing-all-your-files-seriously
>it's 2017 and moving folders around in finder will STILL cause massive data loss

>macshit is good
Can we finally put an end to this meme?
>>
>my friend's sister
top cuck
>>
>>61857381

>Friend's sister
>And I'm just baka about paying about twice what she should pay

What? This has nothing to do with you.

You should know that when women buy anything, it's not about functionality, quality, or value - it's about groupthink, fitting in, and being fashionable.

She has her values and she's acting to fulfill them. It's her money and her laptop - It's not going to affect you; you're not going to be using it.

So just let her get her rubbish so she can fit in with her friends.
Again, it has nothing to do with you.
>>
>>61858523
It's actually not her money it's her mom's and her mom is currently upset over having to spend so much when she just got a laptop a few years ago but you're right but given it isn't her money her values aren't the only factor in making the decision
>>
>>61857381
let this imaginary person do what they want, what kind of fucking faggot are you for trying to force your opinions on other people?

fuck off kid
>>
File: 1501045273070.jpg (312KB, 1802x960px) Image search: [Google]
1501045273070.jpg
312KB, 1802x960px
>>61860167
>It's actually not her money it's her mom's
>She's doing some fashion industry stuff
lmao

>>61857381
>what are some model specific issues that I could succinctly list for her to attempt to convince her?
Being 5x more expensive and 50% slower.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.