[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

LG 75" 75UJ657A

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: image457846.jpg (47KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
image457846.jpg
47KB, 680x680px
Shopping for a 4K and really like the 75" size.

Do you have any experience with LG or what is the best brand / best cost for this size Ultra smart TV?

>The model above is avail now for $1,799.99
>>
>>61855281
What do you plan on watching? Virtually all available "4k" video is 1080p RGB with 4k greyscale
>>
>>61855808
How2spot real 4k?
>>61855281
Get an OLED unless you're poor or enjoy eating shit.
>>
>>61855281
my friend has this TV.
it's fucking amazing and if I had the money I would buy this thing.
Would reccomend purchasing.
>>
>>61856000
Use a magnifying loop
>>
>>61856148
No LCD ever made is amazing. Eyelets need to leave.
>>
>>61855808
>Virtually all available "4k" video is 1080p RGB with 4k greyscale
What did he mean by this? Chroma sub-sampling?
>>
LG OLEDB7 or C7. Or B6 if you want a real bargain
>>
> tfw not enough money for Sony 65 A1
>>
>>61855808
I don't get why people whine about this, most 1080p content uses subsampling as well so you're only getting 540p RGB which is dramatically worse. At least UHD Blurays have the option for 4:2:2, all Blurays are 4:2:0 no matter what.
>>
>>61855808
so the specs say for this specific model:

Resolution: 3840 x 2160
Active HDR

I'm not a gearhead when it comes to TVs and this looks great in the store.

And its 75" - which is huge on my wall.
>>
>>61857546
Everything looks good in the store, anon. It's when you come home and turn off the lights you see how shit it really is.
>>
My LG TV is pretty good

I don't know if it's a thing with all smart TVs, but I love that it can tell when you turn a device on and gives you the option to go straight to it. For instance, when I turn my ps4 on it gives an option saying GAME is detected do you want to use this device and I just press ok, no hitting input 5 times to get to the input that has the ps4.

The menus can be a bit of a pain to navigate at times but once it's set up how often do you really use them?
>>
>>61857546
>Active HDR
What does this even mean?
Like Whole wheat flour instead of whole grain?

Total bullshit, not HDR, not Dolby Vision.
Junk, shit, cunt. Fuck buying a tv in 20 seventeen without HDR.
>>
>>61855281
I've had an LG that I bought on sale at microcenter like 6 years ago. Works great, never had an issue.
>>
>>61856000
OLED is very impressive.

But so much more expensive for the same size 75"

I realize the OLED is the latest, greatest - but to some degree - isn't that just marketing.

I mean really - are most people going to really notice a difference once it's in their family room..

When you see them side by side at the store - both playing the same content - you can tell a slight difference.

But remove one from the store and put it into your room - and its really hard to see where the extra money is at.

I think this specific model has been down as far as $1,599.00 with a coupon. And it will likely go down during BlackFriday. But we need a set now.

I can go to Walmart and get a great 55" or 65" for well under $900. - $1000.

Frys has a Silo 65" brand for $529.00!

Yikes. WTF.

But they don't have webOS 3.5 latest software, Magic Remote, Active HDR, IPS Technology, etc.
>>
>>61855281
is there any other set out there - currently avail - same size, similar features, that is under $1,800.00?

any deals?
>>
>>61855281
Since all the bullshit quality control issues with LG phones I had (Nexus 5, G4), I swore I'd never buy another product from them. I'm in Aus and like Hisense (inb4 Chinese botnet meme), mainly for the 3 year on-site warranty
>>
>>61857806
>isn't that just marketing
Nope. I'd say the problem with OLED is that it's hard to market to the masses. People are already immune to buzzwords like infinite contrast and shit like that cause they've had it shovelled down their throats for years when it was merely lies. 4K sells. HDR probably sells, I don't know. Superior picture quality for a lot more money doesn't sell, only to enthusiasts.
>are most people going to really notice a difference once it's in their family room
They certainly should. I mean, most people probably don't have a fucking clue about shit that comes in contact with their brain, but if you point out the shortcomings of an LCD screen, I'm sure a majority would be able to see them.
>But remove one from the store and put it into your room - and its really hard to see where the extra money is at.
It really isn't. If you're just watching football and the news, then yeah, it won't make any fucking difference. Put on a movie and dim the lights and you'll see why LCD sucks balls. Full array local dimming displays would be the exception but they still don't reach OLED levels.

I can see how it would be hard for someone to justify dropping the money needed for a 75" OLED. It's undeniably a superior product though.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.