[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Git repo hosting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: 1 7HpNPipvf7O_92JrJYOmcA.png (29KB, 550x251px) Image search: [Google]
1 7HpNPipvf7O_92JrJYOmcA.png
29KB, 550x251px
Which one do you prefer and why?
>>
Github because it just werks and I like the UI.
>>
Gitlab, out of the box integrated CI.
>>
>>61848378
when i need private repo i use bitbucket, when i need public i use github
>>
>>61848378
Out of those, I've used bit bucket, and I liked it.

But most of "my" project are on a local repository at work.

My own projects I don't really source control...
>>
Gitlab > Github >>>>> Bitbucket is pure garbage.
>>
>github
pathetic sjw swamp, they are now parody of themselves (vide electronconf)

>bitbucket
no free public repos

>gitlab
ooops i accidentally deleted our production database and there's no backup, oh well
>>
>>61848541
what about bitbucket is garbage exactly?
>>
>open source and free software
Morons
>>
>>61848655
Not the guy you're responding to, but I find the bitbucket interface and the Atlassian ads to be absolutely unbearable.
>>
>>61848681
https://opensource.apple.com
https://opensource.microsoft.com
>>
>>61848378
At work?
Whatever the workplace say we should use
For personal use?
We had to make a github account back in the university, and I have nothing against it so I have stuck with it
>>
>github
Enjoy getting pull requests because you've offended someone's feelings.

>gitlab
Enjoy the 99% downtime.

>bitbucket
Try searching for a line of code. You can't.

Bitbucket is the real choice though. You get mercurial thrown in and for professional teams the features are much more useful e.g. pipelines.
>>
>>61848946
you don't worry that they'll remove your repo for using derogatory variable names?

also i hope you use only dynamic typing, object have right to decide their type for themselves during runtime
abolish classes
>>
>>61848378
notabug
>>
gitlab for all my personal projects
github for published public projects and projects I just don't care about anymore
bitbucket lul
>>
>>61849005
what?
And no, I use normal variable and method names(at least in projects I publish)
>>
Should I use Gitlab or Bitbucket for private repos?
>>
>>61849630
I'd suggest Gitlab
>free public and private repos
>integrated CI options
>clear interface
>>
Github because they hate white people
>>
>>61849682
only white cis males
>>
What about gitgud
>>
>>61848988
Bitbucket also has jira integration, big plus for Enterprise
>>
File: 2.png (107KB, 1015x762px) Image search: [Google]
2.png
107KB, 1015x762px
>>61848378
I like self hosted gogs. It's pretty fast even on the shittiests servers, so you have no excuse to not move your fizzbuzzs there
https://gogs.io/
>>
what's wrong with just git and ssh keys? baka.
>>
>>61848549

>there's no backup
It's git you idiot, you have a backup on your own computer. You obviously don't know even the most basic things about the things your'e discussing. You're just adding your epic memes and myth you saw other spread.
Fucking idiot.
>>
>>61849005

see >>61850805
>>
>>61848988
>implying getting pull requests because you've offended someone's feelings isn't fun

>>61848378
github for public repos
bitbucket for private repos
gitlab for private hackerman repos
>>
>>61850805
if you'd follow gitlab's case you'd know that it was about issues and pull requests database

fucking ignorant
>>
>>61850922

Only the bug tracking can be lost. The merge requests can just be submitted again.
No one is forcing you to use their issue tracker. You can use a different one.
>>
>>61848378
team foundation server
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.