[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>nuke goes off nearby >emp bricks all your shit what do you do?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 11

File: 1499589459559.png (284KB, 497x512px) Image search: [Google]
1499589459559.png
284KB, 497x512px
>nuke goes off nearby
>emp bricks all your shit
what do you do?
>>
>>61845500
I live 20 miles outside chicago which is a possible target, but according to map I've seen, chicago is right on the very edge of best korea's current range, so they might not try to get it so far because longer it flies, bigger chance it is taken down some how.
>>
move back to the country side and learn farming I guess
>>
get REALLY pissed because I just finished compiling my kernel
>>
>>61845500
no one take away my vidya. not even two scoop drumpf
>>
>>61845515
you should be more worried about the chimps coming for you in the ensuing chaos.
>>
File: 1490762110073.png (19KB, 528x530px) Image search: [Google]
1490762110073.png
19KB, 528x530px
>>61845515
Tfw I live in DC
>>
nothing because I don't live in a movie

maybe unplug my shit from the power grid but the inductance at safe distance will be minor compared to the flash, vibration and fallout.
>>
I guess grab my go bag, pop some potassium iodine, out on my gas mask and find the nearest recruitment station. BYOG mother fuckers
>>
File: 1499250101652.jpg (37KB, 365x545px) Image search: [Google]
1499250101652.jpg
37KB, 365x545px
>Implying the norks will do anything at all
Their empty threats has been a convinient scapegoat for a shitload of crimes of the western block, they're going to be around until (((they))) come up with a bigger boogeyman

I can't believe people here even buys the media kool-aid, next you'll tell me Microsoft is filled with capable engineers which deliver a proper product which doesn't spy on you at all and that Google has everyone's best interests in mind
>>
>>61845500
Celebrate my new-found freedom.
Then start worrying about where I'm going to get clean drinking water and food.
>>
>>61845500
what the fuck, i hate hiroshima now?
>>
Don't think anyone really believes the last two, but let's face it, NK has declared war many times, killed a US citizen, and continues the threaten the security of every other nation on the planet except all 3 of their allies. It's time they go bye bye. I saw we steam roll their asses. USA USA USA!
>>
>>61845500
>>emp bricks all your shit
fuck you Drumpf, I have a surge protector
>>
>>61845602
/pol/fugees not welcome
>>
>>61845500
Continue supplying food and grass to my chickens, and living undisturbed.

>mfw people live in the cities and there will be stampedes and panic
>>
You do realize a surge protector won't prevent an EMP from hurting your electronics right? The best way to protect them is to have some sort of EM sheilding.
>>
>>61845601
>leaves house
>gets shot and looted

FTFY dumb larper
>>
File: I have a thought.gif (2MB, 470x350px) Image search: [Google]
I have a thought.gif
2MB, 470x350px
If any country is smart they will detonate a nuclear warhead around the lagrange point effectively neutralizing the entire global position system thus causing all future nuclear warheads to be unable to reach their destination, but only after they have fired their own MIRV's which will rain hellfire upon their nation-state target, leaving them with no retaliatory ability with their own MIRV's making the MAD doctrine obsolete and the person initiating the first strike victorious
>>
>>61845638
Stampedes in the city will result in people flocking to the country to look for food. You're going to need to shoot a lot of people. Do you have enough ammo?
>>
>>61845500
I have a stash in my garden bunker.
A laptop that has EMP and shock resistant case, with solar panels.

The bunker itself is lead walled too, I think that already would protect any electronics inside it.

I don't even live anywhere near a nuclear target, just my own house and land and I got bored one day.
>>
>>61845677
You do realize why nuclear warheads are so inefficient at targeting (off easily by a mile or two) to this day when military GPS can pinpoint in a few feet radius? It's because they don't use GPS you idiot.
>>
>>61845784
what do they use
>>
>>61845804
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZe5J8SVCYQ
>>
>>61845784
http://makezine.com/2011/07/25/gps-units-disable-themselves-if-they-go-faster-than-1200-mph/
>>
>>61845822
This seems daft, surely any power with enough resources to drum up an entire ICBM can make their own GPS module?
>>
>>61845808
>the missile knows where it is at all times because it knows where it isnt; by subtracting where it is by where it isnt or where it isnt from where it is, whichever is greater it obtains a difference, or deviatiation. the guidance subsystem generates different commands to generate subsystems to guide the missile from a posiiton where it is to a position where it isnt and arriving at a position where it wasnt to where it now is; consequently the position where it now is is the position where it wasnt and it follows where the position where it was is now the position that it isnt
>in the event that position that it is in is not the position that it wasnt the system has acquired a variation; the variation being the difference between where the missile is and where it wasnt

holy shit anon. that is so fucking technical i just dont even
>>
>>61845842
It's to keep the powers that don't have state-level resources from creating effective missiles. Ruling classes protect each other and spare no expense to their own people in doing so.
>>
File: funny.webm (3MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
funny.webm
3MB, 800x450px
>>61845855
>>61845808
>by understanding where it is it knows where it isnt and by where it isnt it can direct where it is but only if it knows where it isnt
holy shit that is so technical it is beyond my understanding
>>
>>61845842
You can purchase missiles from Russia or Middle Eastern shitholes easily but you'll have to drum up a command center and guiding system yourself.
>>
>>61845842
GPS relies on external signals to guide itself. External signals controlled by satellites.
External signals easily spoofed, since the satellite signal is weak. External signals controlled by weak computers in range of anyone with missiles.

Look up how GPS works.
>>
>>61845842
>>61845874
Ah yes, now that I've looked at the limits they seem to apply to regular missiles too, not just ICBMs. From glancing at the numbers I thought they were higher than that.

>>61845894
I am aware of this, I was asking about the purpose of (seemingly) counter-ICBM measures being installed in the GPS modules themselves, which, if you've already built the missiles and the warheads, doesn't seem like it would be much of a stumbling block. Please actually read what I was responding to next time.
>>
>>61845914
>I was asking about the purpose of (seemingly) counter-ICBM measures being installed in the GPS modules
Look up the history of GPS. It's always been military paranoia. There are actually two GPS signals coming from GPS satellites, one is a military only one. It really pissed the pentagon off when people developed technology that allowed them to get accurate GPS from the 'civilian' signals.
The GPS signal blocker probably isn't for nuclear missiles but regular ones. Like saddam's scuds. (RIP)
>>
>>61845974
Will this be a viable means of first strike?
>>61845677
>>
i hate electricity so ill be glad to get a chance to live without it
>>
>>61846007
Well no since nuclear missiles don't use GPS.
>>
Run for dear fucking life, and swim to Cuba, It isn't that far from here. Fuck that shit I'm not in the mood to be nuked
>>
>>61846014
/g/ - Technology
>>
>>61846026
granted GPS is a specific 'brand' of satellites, dont they all use some sort of satellite guided positioning?

and the real question at hand is if a nuke detonates in space and the emp disables all of the guidance satellites, wont it disable the guidance ability of nuclear warheads?
>>
>>61845867
smoke another bowl and it will become clear, grasshopper

>>61845974
Selective Availability has been off for years now, and DoD doesn't "intend" to turn it back on any time soon. Russian ICBMs are probably going to use GLONASS anyway, so why bother.
>>
If a nuke goes off nearby i will most likely be dead
>>
>>61846115
'nearby' is relative.
>>
>>61846115
I live downwind of or near to way too many of the top 500 targets. I should move. Cuba sounds nice this time of year.
>>
File: 1501635820941.jpg (532KB, 1632x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1501635820941.jpg
532KB, 1632x1080px
>>61845808
>>
>>61846115
>>61846115
you are safe after about a mile.
>>
>>61846171
'safe' is relative.
>>
>>61845855
Rocket science at his finest KEKS'S
>>
>>61846175
yes, relative to the nuclear explosion.

most modern nuclear warheards are smaller than they were in wwii. a mile should be enough to be alive for 10-20 years after detonation
>>
Having all your tech go dead is the least of your problems when your immediate concern is actually not dying of hunger the next winter.
Although a genocide in the cities will help the hungry mouth problem, contaminated farmland will not.
>>
>>61845500
cry tears of happiness that all nearby proprietary software has been destroyed
>>
>>61845763
Lead lining is unnecessary, a Faraday cage is sufficient
>>
look down and close my eyes and open my mouth so my ear drums don't explode
>>
File: Untitled.png (451KB, 623x425px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
451KB, 623x425px
a lot of people seem to think of ground strikes for some reason.

an EMP strike would occur 300 miles above the ground, so no fallout. the electromagnetic pulse is what kills the electronics. radiations are of little concern here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_electromagnetic_pulse
>>
>>61846105
for fuck's sake, they're not using satellite/gps guidance
they have telemetry on board indicating their heading and velocity
since they know where the fuck they were when they launched, they can easily calculate where they are and any adjustments that need to be made to get where they are going

and they don't need to be pinpoint accurate, they're fucking nukes
even if they were an entire mile off, they would still decimate any population center large enough to be targeted
>>
>>61845630
racist
>>
Kill myseld
>>
>>61845500
If something bricked my shit, I'd shit bricks.
>>
Joke's on North Korea. My house is painted using 100% lead paint.
>>
>>61845500
Can an EMP even affect my optical media which I use for crucial backups? Anyway, if a nuke goes off nearby and I'm affected by the EMP I'm pretty sure radiation has affected me as well. I make a last fap and kys myself instead of living like a mutant.
>>
Celebrate I'm finally free
>>
>>61846105
Nuclear missiles are just running on good old newtonian ballistics. They're not very accurate. But they don't have to be.
Now, those super, fancy tactical missiles do run on GPS (probably, I mean we're talking about military secrets here) so you'd disable those, maybe.
>>
>>61847682
If it's strong enough, sure. Haven't you ever stuck a CD in the microwave?
> I make a last fap
>Not going out to join the rape gangs
Where's your sense of fun
>>
>>61845500
I'm 20 miles outside of Faslane, so I'd probably be dead
>>
It's amazing that the fear of a nuclear war has returned in so little time
>>
>>61845500
Nothing. If an EMP from a nuke reaches me, the actual explosion and radiation is only a few seconds behind. I'm dead.
>>
>>61846279
Kek, the government probably has a copy of every single proprietary and free code ever made in a shielded bunker somewhere, I could download everything a nation needs if you gave me fast internet for a week.
>>
File: Untitled2.jpg (179KB, 1036x760px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled2.jpg
179KB, 1036x760px
Paint the windows white and hide under a pillow
>>
File: 5859b173711f64423aa5e050.png (67KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
5859b173711f64423aa5e050.png
67KB, 1280x1280px
>>61845500
>tfw Nova Scotia
>not in the nuke zone
feeling pretty comfy now
>>
>>61848504
This. We should just get it over with. Once nk nukes us and us literally turns nk and probably unintentionally china into a nuclear wasteland no one will have the stomach again and we can all get rid of nukes.
>>
>>61845500
does wrapping my shit in aluminum foil shield it from emp?
>>
die because a nuke went off near me?
are you retarded?
>>
I decided a while ago that I would immediately make cup of coffee. Might be the last one I get to quietly enjoy.

Chances are that a "nearby" EMP affecting my shit would be a distant high altitude burst. Those are way more efficient. So my electronics will be ruined but I'll probably have time for coffee before ground weapons hit.
>>
>>61848835
A more likeky scenario
>NK nukes Guam or some other no name island
>the US nukes Pyongyang and then starts a ground invasion of the country
>China washes their hands or outright helps America
>the first so called nuclear war in history turns out to be an incredible disappointment
>>
Holy shit you faggots ICBMs don't run off GPS, get that fucking idea out of your head.
>>
>>61848957
That would be shitty
>>
>>61848957
160k US citizens in guam
>>
>Not living inside a faraday cage
>>
>>61845808
https://soundcloud.com/user-237406180/missilesknowthings
>>
>>61849024
>living inside a faraday echo chamber
>>
>>61849023
I know, sucks for them. However, it's still an island in the middle of the Pacific far away from the US mainland, so the overall consequences for America would be fairly limited if the gooks decide to strike there. The biggest loss would be some military hardware stationed there
>>
File: jerry.jpg (16KB, 291x287px) Image search: [Google]
jerry.jpg
16KB, 291x287px
>>61845500
>EMP
I'm willing to bet EMP is just an urban legend. How many years has it been since the last surface nuclear test anywhere? Were integrated circuits even produced back then?
>>
>>61845500
does that work if the device is unpowered?
>>
>nuke goes off nearby
>emp bricks all your shit
>what do you do?

Die from the blast and other effects, I guess
>>
>>61845630
He's not wrong. The Norks do this on a fucking regular basis and nothing happens. Didn't this exact same thing happen like in the spring and nothing came of it? It's false panic over a non-threat.
>>
>>61845808
I kinda understand this, do I have autism? Please answer me /g/uys.
>>
>>61849309
You can produce EMP weapons without nukes, and you can test these on modern electronics, based on test data recorded from the last nuclear test.
Thread posts: 86
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.