[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any of you guys got any home automation devices, such as lights,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: jm_homeautomation_web1.jpg (673KB, 2126x1159px) Image search: [Google]
jm_homeautomation_web1.jpg
673KB, 2126x1159px
Any of you guys got any home automation devices, such as lights, door locks, switches etc?
>>
no. I don't want the botnet to lock me out of my house.
>>
>>61844769
>Iot
lol enjoy ransomware shutting down your access to your own house
>>
>>61844769
Why would I want to setup surveillance camera at my own apt?
>>
I just made a remote door lock for my bedroom using an RPI zero w and an sg90, use a macro on my keyboard to send a command over SSH to run a python script to turn the servo to slide the bolt back and forth, works really well for masturbating and such
>>
>>61844769
I have a motion sensor set up opposite my door as an automatic doorbell. It plays a sound on a speaker when it detects motion.

Also, I bought a couple of amazon dash buttons when they were a dollar a piece for prime day, but I haven't figured out what to do with them yet.
>>
this >>61844808

it's just fodder for botnets
>>
>>61844769
Ceiling fan, AC and several lights, controlled by Alexa on a Pi 3 with custom scripts.
>>
At my front door is a switch to turn on lighting in hallway, kitchen and living rooms. I also setup a private system to manage my spa bath and shower but haven't really used it to it's fullest potential yet. I plan on having everything as convenient as possible on my private network, you can only connect if you're within radius and know ID, password and your device is whitelisted. I plan on making a saferoom with a tunnel to the back fence, really want to make one of my own.

My garage door currently opens from scanning a barcode I've embedded into the upper tinted part of my windscreen. It works most of the time unless it's dark and raining.
>>
Fhem
>>
>>61844769
no really - I have played around with the esp8266 a bit, it's kinda fun
>>
Nope
>>
>>61844769
>.2 BTC to open my front door
>.1 BTC to turn on my lights
>.5 BTC to turn the heat off during the summer
INTERNET OF FUCKING GARBAGE WAS A MISTAKE
OH NO I'M TOO FUCKING LAZY TO WALK TO THE THERMOSTAT
>>
>>61844769
I've got a pringles tube filled with sponge and lined with latex taped under my desk to automate fapping.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.