[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't understand the Linux meme. There's nothing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1500599920040.jpg (42KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
1500599920040.jpg
42KB, 900x600px
I don't understand the Linux meme. There's nothing that Linux can do that Windows can't. All free counterparts to proprietary Windows software is inferior in every way. If there is a non-free software that you liked to use in Windows, you can be guaranteed that the Linux version of that software isn't being maintained, is shittier, or doesn't even exist. Why use Linux besides muh botnet?
>>
>>61842194
It's free
The entire operating system is under your control
No annoying mandatory update system
Tons of not licensed freeware for home projects
>>
>>61842194
You don't need to pay to use Linux and you have a lot more flexibility in general.

DESU though I just use Solus for my Facebook machine because of how weak the PC is and how smooth Solus runs compared to other operating systems I've tried.

If you want more though there's Fedora, Debian, Arch, and all their derivatives.
>>
>>61842194
Every time I go to use windows it's a huge pain in the ass. When I use linux, it only does the stuff I have it set to do. Windows is also slow as shit on low spec hardware.
>>
It's mostly a thing for Eastern Europeans who post their 1366×768 screens with 4GB of ram in screen fetch threads.
>>
It's personal preference that's it.

Sure somethings are easier on one than the other, but at the end of the day you can probably find a way to get the job done on Windows. It's just some people find they have a better workflow in Unix Clones and so use them.
>>
>>61842194
If you're a serious programmer, the tools available on unix-like operating systems FAR surpass those available on Windows.
>>
>>61842596
>>61842354
/thread
>>
>>61842194
I guess it's kinda unusual to hear but for me Linux kinda just werks. It's easier to maintain (zypper up) and just nicer to use because I feel like I know what my system is doing at every moment.
But the main selling point of Linux is free software that respects your freedoms, right for privacy, etc. If you don't care about that stuff and think that it's alright for corporarions to lead us into a comfy 1984 like future - use W10. As a consumer product (ethics aside) it's a lot better.
>>
>Install Windows
>try to install Firefox
>download not_a_virus.exe instead
>start .exe
>Computer start lagging
>suddently restarts
>log in
>"Your files got encrypted ;-D"
>>
>>61842968
You're fault for being retarded.
>>
>>61843015
>being so bad at computers that you install gentoo
yeah
>>
>>61842194
F L E X I B I L I T Y
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.