[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alternatives to LastPass

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 4

File: b_1_q_0_p_0.jpg (17KB, 580x386px) Image search: [Google]
b_1_q_0_p_0.jpg
17KB, 580x386px
Getting acquired by publicly listed LogMeIn was a red flag, but we are all lazy when something works OK. (See the Google thread, though finally made my move there as well)

>Considered
Bitwarden
KeePass
LessPass / masterpassword (declined, nice concept but other issues)

Anything else? What is the best way to keep KeePass secured and sync'ed across machines / devices?
>>
>>61837499
>Getting acquired by publicly listed LogMeIn was a red flag
Why was that a read flag? Didn't that happen a few years ago?
The best reason to dump LastPass is because they haven't bothered with significant improvements in years.
>>
Stop storing your passwords in the cloud. Use keepass. If you have to upload it to the cloud encrypt the database file.
>>
You can use whatever to keep you keepass files synced since they're encrypted
>>
>>61837542
Yes, they (literally) sold out in 2015.

So KeePass is the best option I suppose?
>>
>>61837553
>Stop storing your passwords in the cloud. Use keepass. If you have to upload it to the cloud encrypt the database file.
LastPass already does this dumbass. It encrypts/decrypts locally.
>>
>>61837599
Enjoy having your passwords disappear when lastpass goes out of business. Dumbass.
>>
use keepass, you can also use KeeWeb, it features system-wide auto-type both on linux and winders, no need for extension
>>
>>61837655
Keeweb is basically a cloud-oriented KeePass client, with an web-app and a ""desktop"" app built with electron
>>
>>61837677
That's the problem, so many options for KeePass. Which one to use? The official one is focused on Windows? KeePassXC + sync?
>>
Are you people that use digital password managers using them on network-connected machines?

I use pen and paper.
>>
>>61837553
This, except don't upload anything to "the cloud", there are great mobile apps.
>>
File: file.png (33KB, 1000x700px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
33KB, 1000x700px
>>61837721
I use keeweb, it works on both linux and windows in the exact same way, it supports synchronization with most popular cloud services, it's auto-type is pretty good, it looks good and is actively developed.
If you're not an autistic that rages whenever he lays eyes on an electron software, I would recommend keeweb.

There's no problem with uploading to the cloud, since keepass encryption is phenomenal
>>
Chrome has this shit built in...
>>
>>61837634
>implying
>>
>>61837634
>What is LastPass pocket.
You can completely work offline with Lastpass lmao
>>
Enpass
>>
>>61838332
Why is it any different than the other options?
>>
https://www.passwordstore.org/
>>
>>61838377
because first of all, the native client isn't cancer. It's a beautiful qt5 client which works on win, linux as well as mac. secondly you can choose whether you want to be completely offline, sync with enpass or sync wiht one of the big cloud hosters (integrated)
>>
>>61838446
Thanks anon, and why should I trust these fags more than the other providers?
>>
>>61838512
because you can turn off online syncrhonization? It's turned off by default. If you want to sync with Enpass online, you'll have to create an account.
>>
>>61837599
Did they tell you that and then do a pink promise?
>>
>>61838667
Prove otherwise.
Protip: you can't.
>>
>>61838332
>Proprietary password manager
No, thanks.
>>
>>61839459
lmfao.. the enpass database is a regularly encrypted SQL database, which basically is open source. Only the frontend is propietary.
>>
KeepassXC + syncthing
ez and cross platform
>>
>>61839547
>only the frontend is potentially leaking your passwords
that makes it so much better.
>>
>>61839599
LMFAO the truth is, you're a virgin weebfaggot who cries every day about never ever having kissed, let alone fucked a girl. In order to compensate being a miserable ugly failure, you fell for the freetard meme. The funny thing is, after you've died, you won't have gained a single thing from using this freetard shit you call KeePass or in fact any other free software.

God bless proprietary software.
>>
>>61839639
so i guess you have no argument left then. i rest my case.
>>
>>61839696
I just gave you an argument. It's an ecrypted SQL database. You claim the GUI leaks data but after having checked it with Wireshark, I can't find anything that indicates such a behaviour. Lmfao you have no proof except for your own paranoia you fucking loli pedo.
>>
>>61839793
I stopped reading your other post after the first insult because I didn't expect any useful content anymore. Obviously, if it was leaking your passwords, it wouldn't be so obvious. It might through some hoops save passwords or the key to your database somewhere else. But only if certain criteria are met. Or it might have a backdoor. Or anything, really. You can never know for sure. Why would you use something like that if better alternatives are readily available.
>>
>>61839931
Are you using Keepass or KeepassX?
>>
Keepass, don't trust anyone but you.
>>
>>61840096
funny, because Keepass requires .NET which is not only proprietaty but from Microsoft. You freefags are so fucking funny, you are worse than cancer.
>>
My strategy is storing a Keepass database on my Pi encrypted with a key and a long password. the key is on my pc and the long password is on a yubikey. seems like a relatively secure solution, does /g/ have any suggestions or reason why this is bad? genuinely curious.
>>
>>61837499
>but we are all lazy when something works OK
maybe you are, but that acquisition was what made me move everything over to keepass. then subsequently moved over to pass. not missing lastpass whatsoever 2bh, like self-hosting my shit too.
>>
Why is everybody so hung up about them being acquired?
>before: for-profit company
>after: for-profit owned by another company
I don't see how this would change anything, but the fact is LastPass was shit way before they were acquired. The only reason I stick with them is because they have the best multi-platform support I can find.
>>
>>61839236
what is burden of proof?
>>
>>61841266
>injects legalese
>doesn't understand what it means
good job
>>
>>61837499
Store your passwords in a file in your encrypted drive like a normal person or use something like PBKDF2 to derive a key from your master password.
>>
>>61841593
>like a normal person
lmfao. normal people arent autistic
>>
>>61837499
Anyone interested in getting together and coding our own alternative? I'm down if we use discord to communicate.
>>
>>61837499
Invisible ink on a used piece of paper, stick the passwords in a diagram or some shit. Failing that, write it down normally and store until you've memorized it, then burn it.
>>
>>61841593
But what if the drive fails, gets damaged or the data gets corrupted? You'd be totally fucked.
>>
>>61842166
Use RAID and have backups?
You can also upload your encrypted file system to the cloud.
>>
>>61840174
isn't that the windows version though? linux keepass2 is open and free
>>
>>61842059
I'll get started on the logo!
>>
>>61840174
>Keepass requires .NET
Only the 2.x version. You can still download the older 1.3.x version, AKA KeePass Classic, which doesn't use .NET.
>>
File: 1472450459057.png (214KB, 498x538px) Image search: [Google]
1472450459057.png
214KB, 498x538px
>>61840174
>what is keepassx
>what is keepassxc
There is even a shitty electron keepass.
>>
>>61841266
https://github.com/lastpass/lastpass-cli/blob/master/cmd-login.c
>>
>Not tattooing your passwords on the wall of your asscrack.

Rip OP
>>
Just made this shitty little deterministic script in bash

#!/bin/bash
#change the salt, idiot.
salt=zGNn4KnVVzHc6t3xzBICERKtjSJfFPETxxR2atpriimMzrUV0a7wSR51ByLI4Atu
read -p "Key: " i
rawkey=$(echo -n $i$salt | openssl dgst -sha512 -binary | xxd -ps -u -c2 | while read e; do echo $e | xxd -ps -r | openssl dgst -sha512 -binary; done | openssl aes-256-cbc -nosalt -k $i$salt | tr -cd [:graph:])
upr=$(echo -n $rawkey | tr -cd [:upper:] | head -c4)
low=$(echo -n $rawkey | tr -cd [:lower:] | head -c4)
spc=$(echo -n $rawkey | tr -d [:alnum:] | head -c4)
num=$(echo -n $rawkey | tr -cd [:digit:] | head -c4)
echo -n $upr$low$spc$num | fold -w1 | shuf --random-source=<(echo -n $salt) | tr -d '\n'; echo
>>
>>61837754
this
>>
>>61837754
>pen and paper
>have to either take it with you everywhere you go
>or cannot login to anywhere if not at home
>prone to getting lost or stolen either way
>>
>>61837499
>we are all lazy when something works okay
Speak for yourself faggot. Anyway I recommend password store. It is basically just a script that stores your passwords in encrypted gpg files. Plus there are plenty of front ends available for it on all platforms. gpg/pgp isn't going anywhere so there's no worry about support being dropped.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.