[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who says more than 64GB of RAM is a meme on a desktop? Lookie

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

Who says more than 64GB of RAM is a meme on a desktop?

Lookie here, I use all of it. I wish my board supported 128GB :^(
>>
>>61831587
>I wish my board supported 128GB :^(
>>
>>61831678
wew
what do you use it for?
>>
>>61831697
virtualization obviously. just finished setting up hyper converged storage.
>>
>>61831719
For personal fucking around with?
Show full list of instances?

Also specs plz
>>
>>61831754
lurk moar. he posts that shit quite regularly.
>>
>>61831678
>VM machine

meh, OP here, I use this for actual work not gay ass VM.
>>
>>61831587
The list of precesses shows that you are using your gay of a computer as a workstation, not as a regular desktop. It also shows that you're a not a techie but a humanistic faggot.
>>
>>61831754
>Show full list of instances?
Of VMs?

>Also specs plz
Two hosts, one has dual E5-2660v2s, 160GB RAM, 8x 4TB HGST enterprise class HDDs, 4x 480GB Seagate enterprise class SSDs, 4x 10GbE NICs, GTX 980, 28 port 12gig SAS RAID card.

The other has dual E5-2650, 128GB RAM, 8x 4TB Seagate enterprise class HDDs, 4x 480 Seagate enterprise class SSDs, 4x 10 GbE NICs, dual 8port 6gig SAS HBAs.

SSD storage is setup with Starwind VSAN, HDD storage is setup as Microsoft Storage Spaces Direct/Scale Out File Server. Both are like RAID 10 but rather across drives it is across drives and servers.
>>
>>61831788
>It also shows that you're a not a techie but a humanistic faggot.

I guess, if you put it that way.

I'm making something you'll probably see either in theaters or online or on tv :^)
>>
>>61831813
The something is usually being made in Nuke and Houdini and Maya on Linux. AE and similar is a faggotry.
>>
>>61831790
Yes of VMs plz

Also what are you running this for?
And what's your LUN configuration like for all those VMs? I'm trying to get into VMware and figure out a LUN to datastore to VM ratio

I take it you're just you're running your datastores locally and using the SAN for storing anime tiddies or whatever though?
>>
>>61831827
I've won 2 Emmys and I use AE... .:\

I do work with Nuke/Maya/Houdini artists when necessary, though. They're usually tech nerds and not designers.
>>
>>61831867
Please gib industry contacts, I'm a voice actor from London.
>>
>>61831845
>Also what are you running this for?
homelab

>And what's your LUN configuration like for all those VMs? I'm trying to get into VMware and figure out a LUN to datastore to VM ratio
For the VMs? There is a single LUN which points to the Starwind VSAN cluster

>I take it you're just you're running your datastores locally and using the SAN for storing anime tiddies or whatever though?
No, the disks for the most part as passed through directly to the VSAN or Storage Spaces VMs as VRDMs. The only "local" datastores I have are to store the VSAN appliances themselves, and 2 VMDKs for cache disks for the 2nd storage spaces direct node because LSI HBAs are crippled and only let you make a single RAID volume set per disk set. The hosts then connect to the VSAN cluster via iSCSI.
>>
>>61831867
It's motion design, it's not real postproduction. As I've said, you're not a techie, you're a humanistic faggot.
>>
>>61831926
>Motion design is not real

You're a retard, please proceed to kys.

There's a guy sitting next to me and he passes off his Nuke renders to me as I'm his boss, literally every day.

I also have another Maya guy that works for me.

2 doors away from me is a guy in a Resolve suite and he's basically my bitch.

5 doors down is an editor who's pretty much my bitch.

You don't know shit, now kindly go eat a dick and fuck off.

A tool is a tool, and I'm not ILM with 10,000 employees you fucking buffoon nerd.
>>
>>61831910
>single LUN
Isn't that a bit of a bottleneck?
Isn't a better idea to set up multiple smaller LUNs, join them for your datastore to better take advantage of SIOC and DRS?
Or I misunderstanding your setup?

Sorry I'm very new to this
>>
>>61831788
Desktop is a form factor, workstation is a class, you pathetic moron.
>>
>>61831587
>>61831678
>>61831813
>using the smiley with a carat nose
>>
>>61833432
Patrick Volkerding uses it. It's /g/ related
>>
>>61831587
>fagOS
>>
>>61833454
why
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.