[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What did they mean by this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 35632621687.png (14KB, 788x202px) Image search: [Google]
35632621687.png
14KB, 788x202px
What exactly is going through a recruiters head when they write something like this on their applications? Is this just an HR drone that doesn't know what they're doing or do they actually expect 12+ year web developers to fill entry positions?
>>
its not like 35+ year olds can find any other work in tech
>>
>>61825038
You too fell for the tech job meme.
I fell into the trap as well
Employers all want years of experience for entry level jobs.
>>
>web dev
>industrial automation

>hey recruiter. The people keep sending us aren't experienced enough.
>this guy has 5 years experience. What is wrong with him?
>we need somebody who can program ladder logic and we don't care that they can program in java
>alright. I understand java and javascript are different
>yes, they are

And I have to sit through wave 5 of interviews of idiots who are willing to work for entry level, but claim they have 12+ years experience when they can't explain the difference between a programming loop and control loop.
>>
>>61825038
Can't speak for tech jobs in particular but almost every job listing asks for years of experience.
I disregard that completely. Yesterday I had a job interview for a job that listed 3-5+ years of experience. I graduated in January (Engineering Physics so not tech-tech).
10-12+ years for 'entry level' sounds utterly retarded though.
>>
They do that to scare away people who are blithering idiots. If you have any real experience and talent they will hire you.
>>
>>61825038
Web developer will never be anything other than an entry level job.
>>
>>61825038
It could mean they have a hire in mind but legally need to open it up to the public.
>>
>>61825038
That's a fake job posting to help get H1Bs into this country. They don't actually expect anyone to apply.
>>
>>61828952
Came here to post this but you beat me to it.
by hours it seems, but yes this is true.
They are legally required to post the job needed openly for a certain amount of time before they can bring over pajeet.
That's why the experience "requirement" is so ridiculously out of line with the job.
That and what >>61828933 and >>61828812 said, but mostly the H1B's.

I've noticed this with gas stations and specific eating places (chinese buffet)
>>
>>61828952
This. Post rediulous job requirements for a few months, go "We couldn't find any americans for this position", and then they bring in some H1Bs.
I dislike H1Bs for different reasons than most people here- I dislike the slavery aspect of it. Instead of student or mortgage debt hanging over their heads (which is bad but it's how americans are coerced into slavery), it's the threat of deportation. They can't unionise, they can't organise for better working conditions, and they have to accept their employers terms or go back to fucking india.

H1B is fundamentally inethical, since it's yet another way of tapping a pool of disposable people.
>>
>trying to find EE internships as a highschool senior
>every single company wants graduate students pursuing masters degrees, minimum
>go back to making shitty 'duino based circuits in eaglecad for parttime work
>why.mjpeg
I would unironically spend 8 hour days being coffee boy for free around an office if I was atleast allowed to watch and ask questions
>>
>girlfriend is h1b (asian, not indian)
>hate h1b shit though because i'm a competent american programming who pajeet wont hire because I don't listen to the song "blue eyes" by rajabangalangabooga on repeat.
>can't ever complain or else gf will get upset
>>
>>61828952
>>61829203
At least it's a giant red flag that it's going to be a shitty company to work for. If the company is trying to avoid hiring Americans to get H1B applicants so they can save a couple of bucks it probably means they were going to treat you like shit and overwork and underpay you anyway. Based on that I'd pass and try to find a better offer. Someone should make a sort of site where all these companies that post such ridiculous requirements are outed. Kinda like a giant blacklist of shitty companies to work for. Maybe that'd get corporate America to get their shit together.
>>
>>61825038
I suppose the HR drone feels (note careful use of HR jargon) that not managing people is entry level, as far as their little world is concerned.
>>
You have to realise recruiters are just a mentally-retarded little hurdle you need to learn to climb over effectively if you want to get paid well.
Dont play the game, play the recruiter.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.