[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DeepMind and Blizzard open StarCraft II as an AI research environment

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1502306344075.jpg (30KB, 640x353px) Image search: [Google]
1502306344075.jpg
30KB, 640x353px
AI will be limited to 180 APM. Superhuman starcraft bot soon.

https://deepmind.com/blog/deepmind-and-blizzard-open-starcraft-ii-ai-research-environment/

https://deepmind.com/documents/110/sc2le.pdf
>>
>>61821019
>180 APM
Lame. Crush the humans with your inhuman APM.
>>
>>61821019
only 180APM, I was pushing 180 when i was fucking kid.
>>
>>61821384
did your performance improved when you stopped fucking kid?
>>
>>61821019
it'll trough in the zerg rush strategy and will sit there, grinning at us, until someone finds a good counter.

water always finds its level.
>>
>>61821877
I doubt it, because it's limited in APM but not actual speed between the executions it'd do far better controlling a limited amount of strong units. I could see this doing toss quite well.

Remember it just has to hit 180 APM on average. If it hits 10x that in a second then waits for 9 seconds, it'd even out.
>>
I don't think the APM limit will be a problem, because even a lot of pro players spam to keep their APM high but their effective APM is not so good.

A computer can have a much better effective APM and their actions can be much more well reasoned. The "quality" of a computer's 180 APM could be a lot better than a human's 180 APM
>>
>>61821620
Yeah it went up to 250.
>>
Shit's gonna wreck every player alive.

Are they using machine learning on this bitch? They could host a tournament for the AI to learn how the pros do it, since at that level is not how perfect can you do things, but the imagination and getting "into your opponent's mind" and baiting and shit.

It could be very cool to see AI beating the shit out of pros while taunting with probes all around the map, since they only need a blink of a second to recognize a snapshot of the map and do an action
>>
>>61821384
and they said worshiping moloch is delusional
>>
Reminder that a computer can be deadly in Starcraft.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKVFZ28ybQs
>>
>>61821912
it'll trough somewhere, unless they have a zen roshi to hit it on the back of the head with a bamboo cane now and then.
>>
>>61823142
that reminds me of the "AI" in Dungeon Keeper, which used to keep its units safe from attack by dropping them then immediately picking them up again.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.