[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DHCP Hostnames

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: 20160623065108.jpg (21KB, 576x269px) Image search: [Google]
20160623065108.jpg
21KB, 576x269px
How can I force my TP LINK N600 router to update the hostnames in the DHCP table?

I've updated a few hostnames on devices to make them more understandable but the leases stay the same and the router resolves them with the old name.

Windows server would let me use scavenging, but I'm just using the routers built in DHCP server.
>>
>>61820240
There should be an option in the list of DHCP leases the thing knows about to tell it "delete this lease". Turn the machine off, do that, then turn it back on.

Also demote that piece of junk to an access point and get a pfsense box.
>>
>>61820359
>Firmware Version:0.6.0 1.12 v0021.0 Build 150507 Rel.40130n
>Hardware Version:TD-W9980 v1 00000000

Doesn't seem to be anything about deleting leases?

I know, I apologise profusely. Not my purchasing choice...
>>
>>61820577
look in the client list. Failing that change the address lease time to one minute. You might still have to wait for the current two-hour leases to expire. Remember to change it back after you've got things where you want them.
>>
>>61820690
Yeah I've set the lease time to 5 minutes. But the renew gives the same IP because it's the same MAC address - which means it doesn't seem to check for an update of the hostname?

Clients list literally just shows a table of:
ID, Client Name, MAC address, IP address, Valid Time

Doesn't let you delete anything.
There is a tab for ARP List, but deleting from there doesn't seem to do anything either?
>>
>>61820786
isn't there some facility for a static lease? that is, "always give MAC address X IP address Y, don't just pluck something out of the DHCP IP pool"
>>
>>61820850
There's an address reservation tab yes - screenshot.
(There's also a conditional pool tab, not that that will probably help)
>>
upgrade to openwrt

it makes things like that 10x easier
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.