[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Atom 1.19

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 1

Introduces a native C++ text buffer implementation that improves responsiveness and memory usage. Saving a file now happens asynchronously without blocking the UI, so that you can move smoothly from one task to the next. Large files now consume less memory, marking another step in our continued drive to provide an excellent experience for all files big and small.
http://blog.atom.io/2017/08/08/atom-1-19.html?hn
>>
>>61814815
>Saving a file now happens asynchronously without blocking the UI, so that you can move smoothly from one task to the next.
Save file
Editor crashes
"Oh thank God I remembered to hit save file first"
File wasn't saved
>>
>Introduces a native C++ text buffer

Wow, dropped. Should have used Rust.
>>
>>61814815
great, too bad it doesnt have intellisense for javascript/typescritp (go to definition, symbols)

although, this shit is actually written in javascript
>>
>>61814851
>He calls it intellisense

IntelliSense is a Microsoft trademark, you consumerist cuck.
>>
but why? vscode exists
>>
>>61814846
This
>>
>>61814835
>brainlet
>>
>>61814815
>hue hue hue let's use a browser to make an editor
>hum dat iz weird, performance a shit
>got an idea guys
>let's write critical parts in C++
You can't be that dumb, these retards should hero right now. or write from scratch a real text editor without js fuckeries
>>
>>61814900
>>let's write critical parts in C++
What's wrong with that?
>>
>>61814899
>vim manages to save file synchronously without blocking for any noticeable period of time
>atom needs to schedule a worker thread to write to disk at some future point in time because it's shitty implemented
>atom is somehow better than vim
>>
>>61814909
They should have written the editor in C++ since day one...
They just had to market it as an open source sublime text alternative and profit but no, for whatever reason they choose a totally unrelated technology instead.
>>
>>61814985
Does C++ have native HTML/CSS UI rendering toolkit that's not a browser?
>>
>>61815084
allow js plugins for webshit, it sholdn't be bloated with a thing like that
>>
>>61815084
Why would you want that shit in a fucking text editor?
>>
>>61814815
>Introduces a native C++ text buffer implementation
>not using C++ for the entire thing in the first place
BLOATWARE

>Saving a file now happens asynchronously without blocking the UI
This is considered an achievement? Text editors did this on Mac OS classic in the 90's. Mind you, Mac OS classic did not have any form of real multithreading.

Maybe the Atom devs should kill themselves?
>>
>>61815931
Because HTML markup with CSS is actually more intuitive than the horrid mess like Qt
>>
>>61816253
>This is considered an achievement?
It's an update.
>>
>>61816278
>it's shit
FIFY
>>
>>61816265
>HTML
>CSS
>"intuitive"
Found the script kiddie webdev.
>>
>>61814815
So they're finally starting to realize that JavaScript (and especially not a fucking web browser with its DOM, which was made to display super simple text documents, not dynamic applications) is bad for native applications.

Took them long enough.
>>
>>61816321
Not him but have you ever even tried developing a GUI application with any other stack?
>>
>>61816413
not him but qt's pretty easy to program
>>
>>61814846
There are packages for installing Rust syntax and support.
>>
>>61814919
<telniarb
>>
>using a browser as a text editor
This is the worst meme of the 21st century
>>
>>61814815
Let me guess, I hit save twice and it will save the file in wrong order, won't it? Or if the disk is busy, it won't save at all.
>>
>>61815084
http://librocket.com/
https://sciter.com/
>>
>>61816265
QML is so much nicer than HTML+CSS. We could have had a C++ editor backend, QML UI and JS plugins.
But that'd actually have run too well right?
>>
What did they initially write atom in? I bet that might be good then this shitty bloated mess.
>>
>>61814815
Isn't there a rule against advertising?
>>
>>61816535
>There are packages for installing Rust syntax and support.
Mate, you've got to have a freaking negative level of listening comprehension.
>>
>>61816709
Well maybe I'm a faggot then. Correct me? I don't see the difference between just installing Rust support via an Atom package and it coming bundled. The option is there.
>>
>>61816473
Not easier than using CSS to design an UI
>>
>>61816644
>Resorting to JS again
wow you sure showed him
>>
>>61816300
>t. mactoddler
>>
>>61816776
I think you are retarded. I just said it'd be possible to use JS, if someone still wanted to do that. But even if there was some JS plugins that ran in that editor it'd still use much less resources than Electron does now.
>>
>>61816748
>Well maybe I'm a faggot then.
clearly you are for using this shitty editor
>>
>>61816874
>Doesn't explain anything even though anon clearly offered to be corrected

How's that humanities course going?
>>
>>61814815
>built on Electron
into the trash it goes
>>
>>61816748
>Well maybe I'm a faggot then. Correct me? I don't see the difference between just installing Rust support via an Atom package and it coming bundled. The option is there.
The comment you quoted said they should have used Rust instead of C++ to implement the new text buffer.
You talk about adding syntax support to an editor.
>>
>>61817601
Thank you for correcting me.
>>
>>61814815
already moved onto vscode, so much better, so much faster, Microsoft isn't so evil after all, they h ave made ample amends imo to counteract their evil past, without Microsoft the programming experience on my linux machine would be third rate
>>
20% CPU USAGE FOR A BLINKING CURSOR
>>
>>61816413
Many times with multiple stacks. I fucking hate the web stack.
>>
>>61816790
>shitty slow browser on the desktop "native" apps are a mac vs. pc issue
kys
>>
>>61818450
Then you should know first hand that styling UI is shit on most desktop stacks and you hating web stack doesn't change the fact that ability to style it with CSS translates to a much better outcome given the same development time invested. Theres a reason why even Java completely switched to JavaFX these days.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.