[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Power Banks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: ididitforthepower.png (213KB, 770x500px) Image search: [Google]
ididitforthepower.png
213KB, 770x500px
What should you look out for when buying a power bank?
What are some common memes that make the low cost ones so much worse than the expensive ones other than capacity?
I'm afraid of buying it from chinks because I heard some ecigs from there had malware on them.
>>
Don't get one packed into a steel case because if it explodes it will literally go off like some sort of thermite grenade.

t. Bought chink shit one and it went off on an alloy checker plated table and melted right through it while blasting molten metal everywhere in a 10meter radius.
>>
>>61813902

Buy cheap ones. Replace them as they get bad.
>>
You should look for its capacity relative to how many full charges it gives your devices, including a ~10% margin of loss. Then read as many reviews as you can to verify that the stated capacity is actually what users are seeing in the real world.

The common memes, apart from not delivering rated capacity, are shitty circuitry which causes the whole unit to fail quickly and shitty cells which rapidly lose their ability to hold charge.

Anker is a reputable brand, if a bit expensive. They offer some units with Qualcomm QuickCharge support though if your devices support that. Aukey is a good knockoff brand. The best deals are those on sale for $1 per 1000mAh, but it's up to you whether to compromise on brand reputability for that.
>>
>>61813902
I have a fancy one that I got for my birthday from my ex-girlfriend. It has a 2 ampere output, which is what I need and an 8000ma/h capacity.

Look for output current and capacity, and check for reviews.
>>
>>61813902
>I heard some ecigs from there had malware on them.

The data lines should be shorted so the phone knows it can charge at a faster rate (unless you are a fruit faggot. If so, stop reading). If this is the case then there is no way the power bank can do anything nasty over USB.

You can craft your own cable to use with the power bank by either cutting the data lines (no communications possible but slow charging) or shorting them (also no comms and fast charging unless the powerbank is a complete clusterfuck and gets damaged).
>>
>>61813902
Xiaomi.
>>
>>61814084
I do have a Xiaomi phone because you /g/tards wouldn't stop going on about them.
Makes as much sense as any other brand I guess. I'll loook it up.
>>
>>61814037
Looking up reviews for this shit is a god damn nightmare. Most places are just fake review sites that get revenue with amazon affiliate links.
And no reputable youtuber or website will do a separate review for a no name brand.
I'll keep trying to sort the shit reviews from the good and if I fail I'll just swallow the 20EUR difference and go with an Anker from a Fruitnigger reseller.
>>
>>61814219
Like I said, Aukey is the only brand from personal experience that I can vouch for. And since it's an off-brand that says nothing about their consistency and QC so maybe they're shittier these days.

You're right, this is a difficult thing to sort out. Here's the best I got for you as far as alternative brands go from /g/'s /g/olden fa/g/got:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXIds4LNxew
>>
File: 20170809_054254-1.jpg (2MB, 1952x2562px) Image search: [Google]
20170809_054254-1.jpg
2MB, 1952x2562px
Been using this 20,000mah easyacc for a while.
Seems fine
Puts out 2.4A so it charges shit fast.
Chink shit has yet to kill me
>>
>>61813902
I got a Xiaomi Powerbank 2, which has QC2.
I thought about botnet too, but realistically they can't shove one in there.
Also how come ecigs can have malware?
>>
Either get something from Anker, Aukey or Xiaomi. I have the Anker Powercore 10 000 and it's solid but I don't have Quickcharge support on my Oneplus 3. Charging it is pretty slow as well, I'm thinking about buying the 20k Anker that can be charged with USB-C.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.