[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Automatic and robotics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: pobrany plik.jpg (14KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
pobrany plik.jpg
14KB, 300x168px
Hello, I want to start learning how to make robots, can someone recommend me from what I should have start? Maybe some books? I was thinking about expanding my knowledge about physics first.
>>
>>61813885
You can start with an Arduino kit, I guess. What do you want to make?
>>
>>61813885
if you don't know anything about engineering or programming i'd recommend starting with the lego robotics kits. if you want to build real robots then start with programming. learn C/C++ or python. look into ROS (robot operating system)
>>
>>61813976
another thing: physics knowledge will not help you here. calculus will, though. building the actual robot is a mix of EE and ME
>>
Well, I wanted to start with machines that can help with usual daily stuff, cleaning etc.I have not yet specified what exactly in future I want to make. I know a little about C++, I made few programs. Btw this year I'm going to college.
>>
>>61813993
About engineering I have basically 0 of knowledge, that's why I want to learn it :p, maybe u know some good books I can read?
>>
>>61813927
Thank you, I will check it out, I wrote few post higher what I want to make :)
>>
>>61813994
that would take a ton of effort. you could maybe start with a turtlebot and attach a vacuum cleaner to the front. then develop an algorithm to clean the floors. but after you finally get it working (maybe a year later) the roomba will still work better.

rick and morty is not reality. no one can just make a robot in a day. good robotics takes a team of very intelligent people.

>>61814012
no, sorry, i'm not an engineer.
>>
>>61814052
I know it, I'm just asking about how I can learn to be able of making things like that, I am not talking about some magic way to make it a day later, I just want to know with what I can start to expand my knowledge about this subject. I want to work in a research lab but it's like 5 years from now. I just want to start learning right now and I am more asking from what source I can get the best knowledge, from what to start.
>>
>>61814127
well here's my advice: buy the lego kit and see if that's what you really want to do. decide if you want to be on the software side or the hardware side. hardware side: look into ME or EE. software side: computer science. check to see if your school has any robotics courses.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.