[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/flt/ - Friendly Linux Thread - You wouldn't wanna be hopeless

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 307
Thread images: 33

File: dadlinux1357623395075.jpg (283KB, 936x936px) Image search: [Google]
dadlinux1357623395075.jpg
283KB, 936x936px
Previous thread: can't find it

Welcome to /flt/ - Friendly Linux Thread!

Users of all levels are welcome to ask questions about Linux and share their experiences.

Before you faggots start spamming "euhhehhu it's Ganoo/Linucks praise the almighty rms who eats from thy foot", I think that we should at least stop forcing people to install Gentoo and install Ubuntu then gradually level up to the /fglt/

*** Please be civil, PLEASE FUCKING NOTICE THE "FRIENDLY" in every Friendly Linux Thread ***

Before asking for help, please check our list of resources.

If you would like to try out Linux you can do one of the following:
0) Install a Linux distribution of your choice in a Virtual Machine.
1) Use a live image and to boot directly into the Linux distribution without installing anything.
2) Dual boot the Linux distribution of your choice along with Windows or macOS.
3) Go balls deep and replace everything with Linux.

Resources:
Your friendly neighborhood search engine.

Every /flt/

$ man %command%
$ info %command%
$ help %command%
$ %command% -h
$ %command% --help

Don't know what to look for?
$ apropos %something%

Check the Wikis (most troubleshoots work for all distros):
https://wiki.archlinux.org
https://wiki.gentoo.org

/g/'s Wiki on Linux:
https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Category:Linux

>What distro should I choose?
https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Babbies_First_Linux

>What are some cool programs?
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/list_of_applications
https://directory.fsf.org/wiki/Main_Page

>What are some cool terminal commands?
http://www.commandlinefu.com/
http://bropages.org/

>Where can I learn the command line?
http://mywiki.wooledge.org/BashGuide
http://www.grymoire.com/Unix/
>>
File: IMG_9129.jpg (40KB, 652x407px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9129.jpg
40KB, 652x407px
>>61810318
Anyone know if Xubuntu uses systemd? I can't find any info on this and their IRC is asleep
>>
>>61812171
AFAIK -Everything- uses systemd except Gentoo and some of its derivatives, Slackware, and the ultra-lightweight stuff like Puppy Linux and Tiny Core. Debian lets you opt out. I don't think anybody else lets you opt out, but I might be wrong about that.

Use virtualization to try distros out if you're curious about them.
>>
File: IMG_9124.jpg (58KB, 640x385px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9124.jpg
58KB, 640x385px
>>61812297
thanks for this, so during thr install process debian asks you if you want systemd? is this correct?
>>
>>61812373
I'm not sure whether or not you can do it during installation, but it's easy to do afterwards. It's in the wiki. I recently installed Debian on a friend's laptop and didn't see the option in the normal graphical installer, but there are more advanced installation modes that I'm not as familiar with.
>>
>>61812531
i am suspicious of your shit be cause devuan exists
>>
>>61812558
http://without-systemd.org/wiki/index.php/Debian_Stretch
https://wiki.debian.org/systemd#Installing_without_systemd

I only use Debian on a VPS, which I upgraded to Jessie a long time ago. When I upgraded it I was given the option to switch to systemd or keep using sysvinit. I chose the latter and have been using it like that without trouble ever since. I do have some systemd components installed on that system, unlike my Gentoo systems, but I'm not using it as the init process. I think removing it completely would be possible, and I don't think it would prevent you from receiving community support, which is more than I would expect of other distros. As I said, though, I could be wrong about that.

The wiki says that removing it may limit your options regarding desktop environments, but the same is true of Gentoo, or at least it used to be. The rise of systemd was the reason I stopped using desktop environments, years after I had switched to Gentoo on all of my personal machines. Now I just use openbox, a dock, and a lot of shell scripts, which is actually why I'm here: I'm trying to configure XFCE for my friend and I'm having trouble.
>>
(Who took out the /t/ links? Those were good.)

Everything is going GNOME it seems, are you guys already using GNOME or planning to switch soon? Only thing keeping me back is how it uses a ridiculous amount of RAM on Ubuntu GNOME by default.

Is Fedora any better? Or Debian?
And are people using GNOME with Wayland now?

Separately, does NixOS/GuixSD effectively obsolete Vagrant-type devops shit?
>>
thanks man this thread helped me
>>
finally a thread without GNU communism
>>
Is crontab the correct way to create a new cron job? I just want to run fstrim once a week.
>>
>>61814527
>>
Is there a way to add a "Date Taken" column to this so I can sort by what day the picture was actually taken rather than edited?
>>
>>61815376
>noobuntu
install alpine, it just works
>>
>>61815489
People said the same thing about Noobuntu and I can't even install the latest version of my software, Have to stick to Software center, simply because some devs are too retarded to provide a .deb or functioning tarball
>>
Hey, I'm looking to build my own distro (either ubuntu or debian) but novo-builder doesn't work anymore. What can I do?
>>
>>61814858
Use the fstrim service file
>>
>>61817853
Stay away from communist GNU distros.
Look into Alpine Linux or Sabotage Linux.
Just perfect for everything and free from jewish ideology.
>>
Why the fuck do people like to shill for OpenRC garbage? Runit is miles better than OpenRC yet this "Artix" decided to use the inferior one.
>>
>>61818127
How is it better? Never used either.
>>
>>61812836
thanks for this reply, i was just curious. i had found this same article. however i'm happily switched back to openbsd now where i don't have to deal with sny of this bullshit
>>
Is there a file manager that has thumbnails for folders with image media inside them?
>>
File: screenshot.png (89KB, 848x647px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot.png
89KB, 848x647px
halp i change hostname on debian and it broke
>>
File: 1499281294506.png (145KB, 1470x834px) Image search: [Google]
1499281294506.png
145KB, 1470x834px
This is Little Snitch for OSX... looking for something like this but for Linux...
>>
>install antergos because I want to try pacman and the glorious AUR
>try to install something
>it failed because of unkown public key
>add public key manually
>gpg: keyserver receive failed: General error
Fuck this shit, fucking broken distro.
>>
>>61822246
You should just use arch.
>>
>>61822264
Installation is fucking stupid.
>>
>>61822269
Base install is around 10 commands.
>>
>>61822200
iftop and Wireshark allow you to monitor all traffic coming out of your machine.
>>
>>61822264
>recommending shitty GAHNOOO distros
>>61822246
install alpine
>>
I successfully compiled and installed stumpwm but when I boot into it none of the keybinds work.
>>
>>61822433
kek
>>
Nevermind. I just tried the actual release version and it works fine.
>>
File: 1489805913010.jpg (51KB, 768x768px) Image search: [Google]
1489805913010.jpg
51KB, 768x768px
>>61810318
How do I change my DNS server?
>>
>>61822727
resolv
>>
>>61822246
Try GPA, it's made for retards like you and me
>>
>>61822727
/etc/resolv.conf
>>
>>61822982
That is only if you have resolvconf, the program
default is /etc/resolv
>>
>>61814353
I use GNOME on Arch. GNOME itself works super well on Wayland but a lot of other things don't run well in Wayland OR XWayland, so I stick with Xorg for now. I've got Chrome, Thunderbird, Firefox, and an Electron application running on top of gnome-shell and I'm still under 4.5GB used, so I'd say on any reasonably modern system (>=4GB RAM) GNOME is an option.

NixOS/GuixSD doesn't obsolete devops-y shit. You can use config management for desktops (suck it, AD), routers and switches (Cisco has an Ansible interface now), and traditional Linux distros that actually offer paid support.
>>
Is there a way to run bash scripts without installing that shitty GAHNOO commie shell?
>>
>>61815376
No. The file manager doesn't understand photo metadata. That's just reading stuff off the filesystem (name, size, last edited, etc.). You can use a dedicated photo browsing application and sort by EXIF data.
>>
>>61822200
Opensnitch is in the works but currently undergoing a major rewrite. It'll be just about the same when it's done.
>>
>>61823330
>using GNU software
found the problem
>>
>>61820973
Kill your terminal and start a new one, or just export HOST properly.
>>
>>61823364
The Gtk3 stuff is the best supported under Wayland. It's Qt, Gtk2, and WINE that need X fallback.
>>
>>61823359
nice. can't fucking wait.
>>
>>61823364
What's wrong with GNU?
>>
>>61823417
Nothing; you accidently the wrong thread.
/pol/-free thread is here: >>61798621
>>
>>61823445
>/pol/-free
kek'd. GNU and worship of that communist cultist is literally politics and ideology. GNU has nothing to do with technology and everything to do with ideology.
now fuck off, commie scum.
>>
I hopped from Bunsen Labs to Debian with LXDE.

I really miss how lightweight BL was, and I'm about to switch back. But before I do, does /g/ have a lightweight, quick distro they prefer?
>>
>>61823767
arch+fluxbox
>>
does any of you use 100% free software?
if yes, how do you post on 4chan? reCAPTCHA is a bitch
>>
>>61810318
Is there any reason to install arch forks like manjaro antergos?
AFAIK they both broke on me.
I'm installing arch now. should I remove systemd
>>
>>61824194
use legacy catcha
>>
>>61824207
>broke
Dont use downstream distros,they have no reason to exist.
>systemd
Yes, its on the wiki how to remove it
>>
>>61824194
we don't give a fuck about stallmanist ideology
>>
I'm preparing a new /home hard drive. What's the filesystem of the month?
>>
>>61824309
ext4
>>
>>61824309
ZFS is finally in Debian-main, but really only makes sense with 2+ drives.
>>
>>61823767
Install Apline without-GNU/Linux
>>
>>61820973
Add your hostname to /etc/ hosts (point it to 127.0.0.1)
>>
File: 1500025741538.jpg (276KB, 900x674px) Image search: [Google]
1500025741538.jpg
276KB, 900x674px
So I've fucked around with linux on my laptop so I'm not completely new but I'm not install Gentoo tier good. I want to dualboot my main machine but I can't decide between Arch, Debian or Xubuntu.
>>
i just installed debian 9 on my t43, im using xfce but after i login nothing shows up, just the background and the mouse is able to move, ive waited ~20 minutes and nothing happens
>>
>>61810318
Updating arch:

(651/651) checking for file conflicts                                       [##########################################] 100%
error: failed to commit transaction (conflicting files)
qt5-quickcontrols: /usr/lib/qt/qml/QtQuick/Controls/BusyIndicator.qmlc exists in filesystem
qt5-quickcontrols: /usr/lib/qt/qml/QtQuick/Controls/Button.qmlc exists in filesystem
qt5-quickcontrols: /usr/lib/qt/qml/QtQuick/Controls/CheckBox.qmlc exists in filesystem
qt5-quickcontrols: /usr/lib/qt/qml/QtQuick/Controls/Menu.qmlc exists in filesystem
qt5-quickcontrols: /usr/lib/qt/qml/QtQuick/Controls/Private/AbstractCheckable.qmlc exists in filesystem
qt5-quickcontrols: /usr/lib/qt/qml/QtQuick/Controls/Private/BasicButton.qmlc exists in filesystem
qt5-quickcontrols: /usr/lib/qt/qml/QtQuick/Controls/Private/CalendarUtils.jsc exists in filesystem
qt5-quickcontrols: /usr/lib/qt/qml/QtQuick/Controls/Private/ColumnMenuContent.qmlc exists in filesystem
qt5-quickcontrols: /usr/lib/qt/qml/QtQuick/Controls/Private/Control.qmlc exists in filesystem
qt5-quickcontrols: /usr/lib/qt/qml/QtQuick/Controls/Private/EditMenu.qmlc exists in filesystem
qt5-quickcontrols: /usr/lib/qt/qml/QtQuick/Controls/Private/EditMenu_base.qmlc exists in filesystem
qt5-quickcontrols: /usr/lib/qt/qml/QtQuick/Controls/Private/FastGlow.qmlc exists in filesystem
qt5-quickcontrols: /usr/lib/qt/qml/QtQuick/Controls/Private/FocusFrame.qmlc exists in filesystem
qt5-quickcontrols: /usr/lib/qt/qml/QtQuick/Controls/Private/MenuContentItem.qmlc exists in filesystem
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.
>>
>>61824949
>>61824951
don't fall for the GNU meme, install Alpine
>>
>>61824960
You installed another package that provides the same files, or you didnt use pacman when you installed that package so you have files that arent in the pacman db
This is all user error
>>
>>61824960
>arch
found your problem
>>
>>61824960
...and i am compiling mpv?
X86ASM    libavcodec/x86/pngdsp.o
CC libavcodec/x86/pngdsp_init.o
STRIP libavcodec/x86/pngdsp.o
CC libavcodec/x86/proresdsp_init.o
X86ASM libavcodec/x86/proresdsp.o
X86ASM libavcodec/x86/qpel.o
STRIP libavcodec/x86/proresdsp.o
STRIP libavcodec/x86/qpel.o
CC libavcodec/x86/qpeldsp_init.o
X86ASM libavcodec/x86/qpeldsp.o
X86ASM libavcodec/x86/rv34dsp.o
STRIP libavcodec/x86/rv34dsp.o
CC libavcodec/x86/rv34dsp_init.o
X86ASM libavcodec/x86/rv40dsp.o
STRIP libavcodec/x86/qpeldsp.o
CC libavcodec/x86/rv40dsp_init.o
STRIP libavcodec/x86/rv40dsp.o
X86ASM libavcodec/x86/sbrdsp.o
STRIP libavcodec/x86/sbrdsp.o
CC libavcodec/x86/sbrdsp_init.o
STRIP libavcodec/x86/hevc_mc.o
CC libavcodec/x86/snowdsp.o
X86ASM libavcodec/x86/svq1enc.o
STRIP libavcodec/x86/svq1enc.o
CC libavcodec/x86/svq1enc_init.o
X86ASM libavcodec/x86/synth_filter.o
CC libavcodec/x86/synth_filter_init.o
STRIP libavcodec/x86/synth_filter.o
CC libavcodec/x86/takdsp_init.o
X86ASM libavcodec/x86/takdsp.o
X86ASM libavcodec/x86/simple_idct10.o
STRIP libavcodec/x86/takdsp.o
CC libavcodec/x86/ttadsp_init.o
X86ASM libavcodec/x86/ttadsp.o
STRIP libavcodec/x86/ttadsp.o
X86ASM libavcodec/x86/ttaencdsp.o
CC libavcodec/x86/ttaencdsp_init.o
STRIP libavcodec/x86/ttaencdsp.o

>>
>download void linux XFCE edition
>install it
>it didn't install XFCE nor xserver
Fuck this shit and fuck the neckbeards that think it's ok to waste time manually configuring shit for no reason other than pointless elitism.
>>
>>61825021
>void
install alpine instead, works flawlessly
>>
>>61824969
>install alpine
>have to configure everything to get a normal 21st century OS
Fuck that.
>>
>>61825021
Try Sabotage Linux
>>
Anyone used GalliumOS? Heard it's pretty good for putting on Chromebooks.
>>
>>61825042
>install it
>boots on terminal with 0 (zero) UI
-> >>61825051
>>
>>61825073
maybe windows is more your thing?
>>
>>61824949
Xubuntu
>>
so are the non-GNU distros really non-GNU? i read that they just dont follow the GNU manifesto but it is still GNU/linux...
i want that commie fuck out of my computer
>>
Have you run
uname -o
today?
>>
>>61826222
:~/m$ uname -o
GNU/Linux
>>
>>61822727
what kind of shit is this? re: pic
where from?
why?

on the day the idiot in chief threatens NK with nuclear annihilation

which also happens to be the anniversary of nagasaki

question "how do I change my DNS server" .. the question is nothing

this is 'political spam / marketing' from the office of the dickhead in chief, trump probably

morons for trump

FUCK OFF
>>
>>61826912
you alright there dude?
>>
>>61815376
Write a script that reads the exif data and prepends the filenames with timestamps in the format YYMMDD, and then sort by name.
>>
File: muh backgammon.png (24KB, 965x145px) Image search: [Google]
muh backgammon.png
24KB, 965x145px
How do I run a GUI program after I've extracted and compiled it from source? Pic related
>>
So I am running Centos 7 on my server, I've been trying to run pfsense under qemu, but my WAN bridge doesn't give an IP to pfsense whatever I do. If I attach the host, it does get my WAN IP.
What am I missing. I've tried reinstalling host, different adapter modes. Nothing I do let's my VM connect to the net. The internal LAN bridge works perfectly fine.
My WAN interface is enslaved to the bridge.
Any RHEL masters here that can help.
>>
>>61827563
>(No game)
as expected of GNU software
>>
>>61810318
I heard there were some kernel issues with the new ryzen motherboards, so I want to know if I'll run into problems installing Mint w/KDE on an ASUS B350-F Strix; I can't find anyone having issues on google, but maybe I've missed something.

Also, theoretical situation:
Suppose you're paranoid about pol ice confiscating your computer and planting illegal material on it; would it be possible to generate some kind of cryptographically signed hash for the volume so you can contest in court about planted evidence by comparing your original signed hash vs the hash generated from the computer in police custody and showing that the difference means they added information to the volume that wasn't originally there?

Encryption would be a last resort measure since in my country I can be held in contempt of court indefinitely until I turn over any passwords. (e.g. if I legit forget my password on my encrypted drive I can be jailed for the rest of my life)

A-asking for a friend
>>
>>61828079
>Mint
>>
>>61827563
Why do you hate your eyes so much?
>>
>>61828120
I'm a linux noob, I don't even know any CLI commands, so I'm starting with something that 'just werks'
>>
>>61828129
It's default Korora theme and I haven't bothered to change it yet
>>
How good for linux would it be if RX Vega had SR-IOV out of the box?
>>
>>61828079
>Suppose you're paranoid about pol ice confiscating your computer and planting illegal material on it
Alright, let's pretend that this is a legitimate concern that they might "plan illegal material" on your computer, and that you're not just scared of getting caught red-handed while fapping to your cheese pizzas.
No, you can't do this. Well, you probably could, but for the hash to match the volume's original contents you would have to generate a new hash every single time you change any little thing.
Doing so manually would get real old real fast, so naturally you'd set up an automated way to do it, right ?
But then what would prevent this """planted""" illegal material from being hashed along with the rest of the volume ?
And if you're really scared of this happening, what makes you think they would care about your hash in the first place ? If they're already """planting""" evidence, what makes you think they wouldn't call your ass out on faking the hash ?
>>
>>61828079
Basically what >>61828230 said. If the authorities want to fuck with you, they're going to do it one way or another. It's just a fact of life.
Your main concern here would be finding a good attorney.
>>
What programs/utilities should I be using for overclocking RAM/CPU in linux?

For new ryzen build. Should I just figure it all out in windows first?
>>
>>61828318
Your UEFI.
>>
Is ukuu the easiest way to install a new kernel? (I want to use 4.11 stable instead of 4.8)
>>
>>61828419
>ukuu
Just add zesty to your sources.list, pin it to a lower priority to xenial or
whatever shit you are on and install the zesty kernel. There should be zero
dependancy problems for that.
>>
File: i-351.jpg (23KB, 500x418px) Image search: [Google]
i-351.jpg
23KB, 500x418px
I'm about to install linux on a brand new hdd.
I would like to use encryption, but I'm on a very slow computer. the processor doesn't have aes-ni and I'm worried about performance.
should I use full disk encryption or just encrypt my home partition?
I also don't mind having my pirated stuff unecrypted. should I make an extra partition for that?
I don't know what to choose.

tl;dr: what partition table would you do on a brand new drive and would you use encryption in the cpu is slow
>>
Just trying linux for the first time (solus gnome).

Seems okay but gnome feels sort of slow, even with animations and stuff such disabled. I do like the workspace management though.

Maybe I'll try solus budgie or arch with a non-gnome DE
>>
I installed manjaro but I hate the graphical log in. How can I make it so that I log in using tty1 with startx like all my Arch friends?
>>
>>61830211
disable your dm, write a ~/.xinitrc
>>
>>61830264
Does that actually work?
>>
How do i config fontconfig? There are multiple presets, how can i choose? Just by trial and error? Last year, when i tried arch for first time, i just installed infinality and everything was fine, but now infinality is deprecated and fonts looks like shit by default. And presets names dont tell me anything.
>>
File: wsl.png (29KB, 1832x644px) Image search: [Google]
wsl.png
29KB, 1832x644px
Any good terminal emulators on windows? vscode looks nice and the default WSL looks horrible (side by side comparison attached)
>>
>>61822246
Just install Arch using a script and praying it doesn't break on its own.

Or engage in the 10 minutes of reading on the wiki required to install it the regular way. It really isn't all that difficult.
>>
>>61822287
GRUB doesn't work
>>
>>61830736
How exactly?
>>
argh how do you copy and paste into vim

so frustrating doing the most basic shit in this shit, I feel stupid for trying so hard to learn it esp considering i don't really see when i'll ever need to ssh into anything in the next few years
>>
Which distro has the best anti-tearing measurements out of the box?

Which desktop environment has the best anti-tearing measurements out of the box? KDE?
>>
>>61830967
v
to enable visual mode
do your selection
y
to put in clipboard
go where you want
p
to paste

Did you do the tutorial?
>>
>>61831008
nerd i know about Vdp/yp i meant from your browser or somewhere else obviously
>>
>>61831019
>your browser or somewhere else obviously
Ho sorry. Didn't understand.

Use GNU Emacs, it's just middle click to paste.
>>
>>61831037
bruh this is the linux thread not the daily vim thread OK obviously i'm asking about the linux question

also FUCK emacs, EMACS is fuckign GAY and so it ganoo
>>
250gb ssd
1tb hdd
how to partition for best performance in ubuntu?
>>
>>61831048
Oh I see.
>>
>>61831037
>using your mouse in your text editor

>>61831051
250gb swp
1tb /
>>
Guys, I just installed Fedora 26 and there's something wrong with the desktop aspect ratio.
My display is 1080p 16:9 but the desktop renders at 16:10 and everything looks somehow stretched.
How can I change the "Aspect ratio" in the display configuration?
>>
>>61831062
>>using your mouse in your text editor
For copy pasting mouse is the best.
>>
>>61831071
Chose another mode anon.
>>
>>61831071
Install gnu linux libre parabola + systemd
>>
File: resolutions.png (68KB, 419x544px) Image search: [Google]
resolutions.png
68KB, 419x544px
>>61831084
I can't change the Aspect ratio, and my display doesn't support 1920x1200
>>
>>61831128
Could you paste the output of
xrandr | grep -e ^[^[:space:]]
>>
>>61831144
Screen 0: minimum 320 x 200, current 1920 x 1080, maximum 8192 x 8192
XWAYLAND0 connected 1920x1080+0+0 (normal left inverted right x axis y axis) 480mm x 270mm
>>
>>61831051
Put / on the SSD. You'll probably need less than 20GB for software and configuration, but why not just allocate half of the drive already.

The 1tb HDD can be /media/porn or be your /home or whatever you prefer.
>>
>>61830967
You're a tard.
I
Then cntrl shift v
>>
>>61830967
In case you mean from another application:

In vim:
:set paste

Then mark text in other application and hit the middle mouse button on the terminal containing vim / gvim's window.
>>
>>61810318
>gnu exclusion thread
>>
>>61823767
unironically gentoo
>>
>>61831369
We're here:
>>61831387
>>61831387
>>61831387
>>
>>61831314
>:set paste
>:set number
>:set tabstop=4
why isn't this shit on by default?
welp time to switch to nano
>>
>>61831395
Stop spamming we're still on page 1
>>
>>61831402
Just put them in your .vimrc
You do have a .vimrc right?
>>
>>61826912
Yes, how do I make a persistent change to my DNS server? I figured it out by making my conf read only. Obama was the king of drones, deal with it.
>>
>>61831425
The only reason you would ever need to use vim is when you're at someone else's machine, of course I don't have a vimrc on their computer
>>
>>61831112
>gnu
no communism pls
>>
>>61831402
>:set number
I don't like this noisy waste of screen space

You can most easily navigate to any specific line with "gg" anyhow, and the lower right already does display where you are by default.
>>
Im a little confused with the partitioning portion of installing Arch. Which of the following do i do?
/dev/sdb1 : EFI (set bootable)
/dev/sdb2 : root

or
/dev/sdb1 :  Linux filesystems
/dev/sdb1/1 : EFI (set bootable)
/dev/sdb1/2 : root

or
/dev/sdb1: EFI (set bootable)
/dev/sdb2: root
/dev/sdb3: Swap
/dev/sdv4: home
>>
>>61831627
>Arch
,Install Alpine instead.That way you're GNU-free from the start
>>
>>61831671
Why would I want a router OS?
>>
File: 1488239443203.png (277KB, 600x700px) Image search: [Google]
1488239443203.png
277KB, 600x700px
>>61810318
a good cli IRC client?
also is there a reliable way to route whatsapp to an irc client?
>>
>>61831627
First, but you don't have to set boot flags for gpt partition. You're using gpt, aren't you?
>>
>>61826912
Dully noted. Refraining from posting explosions today.
>>
>>61831736
>also is there a reliable way to route whatsapp to an irc client?
Yes. Hang yourself, animetard
>>
>>61831862
this thread isn't friendly at all
>>
>>61831889
see >>61831395
>>
>>61831771
Yeah, I'm fairly certain i am
>>
>moved away from windows to appreciate the terminal and using CLI with more confidence and agility
>have an issue, any issue
>begin searching for a solution
>most obvious links are either ubuntu only, on ubuntu forums, sometimes even while in my distro specific forum
>99% of every other link and "solution" immediately assumes you are using KDE and directs you to use the prefab KDE packages (bloat)
>solution often means installing a GUI to solve the problem for me instead of addressing the true nature of the problem

what is even the point of using linux if its going to be used in a windows-like manner?
>>
File: drones-by-obama.jpg (82KB, 940x912px) Image search: [Google]
drones-by-obama.jpg
82KB, 940x912px
>>61831818
>>
>>61825021
Did you install local package or online package ?
If you installed the packages grom the iso you have xfce but if you installed from online repo you only have the base install.
>>
>>61831948
So you don't need to set boot flag.
>>
>>61831949
>ubuntu
Stay away from any Debian relatives.
>>
>>61832093
Ah right, cool. thanks anon
>>
File: 1501901250015.jpg (36KB, 480x652px) Image search: [Google]
1501901250015.jpg
36KB, 480x652px
>>61831862
>being this insecure about 2d

y i k e s
>>
why is linux riddled with sjw and communism?
cant there be ONE distro with only focusses on technical superiority?
>>
>>61832254
Try macOS
>>
>>61832101
should be obivious
>"Debian GNU/Linux"
>not Debian Linux like a normal person would call it
>>
>>61832254
> sjw
Mainly where US companies or US advertisement are involved.

> communism
Just where did you see any?
>>
>>61810318
Hipster fags the lot of you
>>
>>61831862
anime website
>>
>>61832332
Sorry. I don't hear you from my GNU/Linux distribution.
>>
>first time linux
>decide on arch
>CLI intimidation
>try to ping websites
>nothing
>spend an hour trying to find out why
>network manager service isnt running
>dont know how to start services
>find out how
>enable service
>everything just works
>pacman commences
Is it normal to have this much fun installing the OS?
Now that I've enabled this service will it automatically run the next time arch starts or is there a services config folder somewhere that I can add services to?
>>
File: 1482906534940.png (17KB, 464x315px) Image search: [Google]
1482906534940.png
17KB, 464x315px
>>61832904
>arch
you fell for the gnu meme
don't get trolled by the enemy in disguise
>>
>>61832904
installing linux is always fun
>>
Can someone explain what is wrong with GNU? I'm new to all this.
>>
>>61832904
if it's enabled yes it will restart automatically. But you should now install void linux.
>>
>>61832971
proprietary software shills trying hard
>>
>>61829419
please, help me with this.
>>
>>61832971
It's a meme. Don't fall for it.
Search the web for "GNU/Linux controverse".
>>
>>61832995
void of packages
>>
>i3 any new terminal is taking over a full second to start up
Is this normal?
I don't remember how long it took before.
>>
>>61833308
>any
So I'm assuming this includes really lightweight terminals like xterm or urxvt?
>>
>>61833488
> xterm or urxvt
> really lightweight
Eh, no. More like immense spaghetti bloat.

Try st. Not *absolutely* minimalistic, but still much smaller and more common sense. (Has truecolor and UTF-8 support, doesn't have themeable scroll bars.)
>>
>>61810318
>who eats from thy foot
What is this, 9gag?

Pay some respect faggot, without RMS there wouldn't be a free software community which you are shitting on.
>>
>>61834189
>Try st. Not *absolutely* minimalistic, but still much smaller and more common sense. (Has truecolor and UTF-8 support, doesn't have themeable scroll bars.)
st is great, replaced rxvt-memecode with it and shit's mint.
And the only patch it needs to be made functional is pretty much the scrollback patch.

The downside to it is someone else's server that doesn't have st's terminfo on it. Rarely but it happened to me a few times.
>>
>>61810318
>PLEASE FUCKING NOTICE THE "FRIENDLY" in every Friendly Linux Thread
how is it friendly to remove a large part of the community and spreak "le jews communism" /pol/ memes?
this thread is cancer
>>
>>61834255
>/pol/memes
This thread is free from forced GNU politcs.You're the meme here.
>>
>>61834347
>forced GNU politcs
didn't know that talking about freedom in a free software community is now FORCING
>>
>>61834347
>help, I'm oppressed
You're just like those SJW feminists who think that referring to the user as "he" is harassment.

If you really think giving GNU equal mention is like rape, you should go see a doctor.
>>
I am a physics student and looking to switch to Linux but cannot decide for what distribution to use.
The purpose is to:
-Write reports with LateX in TexMaker
-code small programs in Python
-Plot Data with gnuplot
-evaluate and analyze data, yet to settle on a program here

Looking at the https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Babbies_First_Linux I guess either Mint or Ubunute will do the job for me but I really don't know which one is better for my needs.
In uni I worked with openSUSE a few times, didn't like that one so much.
>>
Why does gentoo asks me for systemd when I want to install Firefox?
>>
File: 1501728545933.jpg (78KB, 658x482px) Image search: [Google]
1501728545933.jpg
78KB, 658x482px
Is it worth defragmenting before I set up Linux? I'm gonna start with dual booting just so I can move shit over more conveniently and I don't know how good ntfs-3g is at handling fragmentation.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-08-10_13-22-59.png (196KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-08-10_13-22-59.png
196KB, 1920x1080px
>install xubuntu
>mouse doesn't work
>have to plug it into a usb slot at the back of the motherboard, won't work plugged in into splitter/extension
>for some reason keyboard switched layouts
>function layer is now the default, default is function
>want to download some fan control software
>"please login into a snap store account"
I can't decide whether this is more sad or funny.
>>
>>61834379
youre forcing GNU
there are systems without any GNU
why exclude?
>>
File: IMG_20170810_193541.jpg (3MB, 2336x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170810_193541.jpg
3MB, 2336x4160px
Updated kali, stuck at boot
What do ?
>>
>>61835666
Microsoft® Windows™ 10 does not have this problem.
>>
>>61835666
chroot and edit grub config
>>
>>61835474
Nobody is excluding anyone, exept that are excluding us.
>lol gnu, found your problem
>install alpine
There are systems without GNU and there are systems without Linux, but did you see anyone starting a boycott thread because there are "just GNU" systems? No? So why a boycott GNU thread?
>>
>>61835772
that you*
>>
File: taytay3.png (524KB, 519x562px) Image search: [Google]
taytay3.png
524KB, 519x562px
>want to try new stuff on linux
>hurr durr error 284903284923
>try to fix it
>get bored after 10 minutes and go back to playing games
>>
>>61836014
you are doing it wrong,linux is fun in the vm but nobody would run it on bare metal
>>
>>61835772
because gnu advocates are often overbearing and derail shit whit their philosophy instead of helping people in the thread with problems
>>
Is it possible to install a seperate SSD and put Linux on it so I can use both Windows and Linux on the same computer when switching between boot drives on the startup menu?
>>
>>61836058
yes, EFI stub is a thing, but grub is easier
>>
>>61836058
yes, and if you set up grub with osprober on your original boot drive then you shouldn't need to mess with boot order to switch between os
>>
>>61836014
Good, your attention span is clearly too short to be able to learn new things anyway.
>>
What are some cool terminal commands?

$ # Print the kernel name
$ uname -s
Linux
$ # Print the operating system name
$ uname -o
GNU/Linux
>>
>>61836134
fortune
cowsay
ls
cd
all terminal commands are cool, bash is da shit
>>
>>61836052
Meanwhile people ITT spread their anti-philosophy, insult people who use distro XY, tell them to get rid of the evil jewish communist GNU, tell beginners to switch to Alpine and ask them to replace coreutils with busybox. Epic.
>>
>>61836154
youre just mad that you can run linux without gnu
>>61836152
>bash
install zsh
>>
>>61836154
meh, I use gnu, just don't advertise it because stallman is a glory hound and his followers are pendantic
>>
>>61834189
Damn, I like this a lot already.

Biggest downside I see is probably how difficult it is to google things for "st" or "simple terminal". I could see that returning all kinds of unrelated results.

Like right now I'm trying to search for how to scroll up because it doesn't seem to work with either my mouse scroll or shift+pageup
I'm seeing some crap about "patching" it to get scrolling. Please tell me this has scrolling (even just keyboard scrolling) built in, because that's kind of a deal breaker if not
>>
>>61833488
>>61833308
>>61834189
While people are discussing urxvt, what's the right way to rice it? I just want to make fonts a bit bigger, I don't know why the literal fuck Ubuntu's urxvt has such fucking tiny fonts.
>>
>>61836608
~/.Xdefaults
URxvt*font: xft:Terminus:pixelsize=14,xft:IPAMonaPGothic,xft:unifont:antialias=false

this is mine for example, it sets terminus at 14px as the main font and 2 fallback fonts.
You might also want to consider these options as well:
URxvt.scrollBar: false
URxvt.letterSpace: 0

For some fonts you might want to change the letter space on urxvt since it seems to be retardedly huge or smashed together for some reason, it can be positive or negative value.
>>
>>61836673
>~/.Xdefaults
deprecated, it's Xresources now
>>
why can't there be an easy way to add a new screen resolution to linux like in windows? All I wanted to do is set my monitor to the correct resolution and now I broke X somehow.
>>
>>61836712
maybe windows is better for you
>>
>>61836727
I've been running linux for years on my laptop, it's only when dealing other monitors that I run into problems.
>>
>>61836694
>deprecated, it's Xresources now
Thanks anon. I think the answer you replied to may have something to do with my previous troubles with ricing it.
>>
>>61836712
Have you tried Wayland yet? I think a lot of people have been feeling your pain recently, there is going to be a mass exodus to Wayland thanks to the upcoming Ubuntu LTS. Fuck X tbfh.
>>
>>61836775
I might just do that.
>>
What's a usable alternative to Skype's audio chat? I don't need video, I don't need text chat (though it'd be nice), but I do want to be able to speak to several other people in a conference call. I literally do not care about GUI.

Obviously, free software is preferred but I am rather desperate so even proprietary software that is less bloated and doesn't have the completely retarded login process that Skype does is acceptable. As in, I do not want to have shared accounts across several sites / programs / whatever
>>
>>61836712
because Linux is just a kernel and cant into screen resolution

read the manpage of xrandr carefully, the answer to your question is right there

alternativly read the arch wiki xrandr page
>>
>>61836798
Skype on Linux runs just fine.
>>
>>61836712
>>61836744
xfce4-display-settings has always worked fine for me on my laptop
>>
>>61836798
Install skype and pulseaudio.
>>
>>61836824
>>61836873
dat reading comprehension doe
>>
>>61836824
>>61836873
>836873>>61836886
I'm asking for alternatives, not for you to tell me that Skype is fine. It is not.
>>
File: 1493303958684.jpg (64KB, 410x310px) Image search: [Google]
1493303958684.jpg
64KB, 410x310px
>>61836873
>>61836824
https://stallman.org/skype.html

>>61836798
Jitsi, GNU Ring
More: https://prism-break.org/en/subcategories/gnu-linux-instant-messaging/
>>
dpkg-deb: error: subprocess paste was killed by signal (Broken pipe)
Errors were encountered while processing:
/var/cache/apt/archives/vlc-bin_2.2.6-3+b1_amd64.deb
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

what did they mean by this ?
>>
If I install Debian, will I be able to see my two storage drives formatted through Windows 10?
>>
>>61837626
>>61837604
>sjwbian
Install Alpine
>>
>>61837626
Yes
>>
>>61837710
Sweet, thanks
>>
>>61837644
fixed it by reinstalling vlc
go kys
>>
how can I completly de-GNU my system?
I dont want to switch to Alpine
Can it be done manually?
>>
If I use Wine to gaym on Linux, can I play online with someone who's using Windows?
>>
>>61837915
Yes.
>>
>>61836865
I needed a different resolution for my CRT monitor that wasn't listed in the settings. I fixed it by simply putting the necessary commands in a startup script because I couldn't figure out how to permanently add the resolution to the list. It works nicely now.
>>
Just switched to Ubuntu daily-build of 17.10 (Wayland session), ask me anything
It feels anecdotally faster than Unity 7. i3 + 4gb ram + intel gpu (maybe a 4500mhd, can't remember)
>>
How can I enable GTK3 wayland backend?

I'm launching gnome-session from a tty instead of GDM.

Weston compositor is working fine.
>>
>>61837717
Aaand Debian fucking crashes after GRUB. When I try recovery mode it garbles a bunch of text and says kernel panic.

(almost) Everytime I try Linux, shit like this happens. Currently typing from my Ubuntu laptop. I'll try installing Ubuntu instead of Debian, I guess.
>>
>>61839304
It's in the login screen, dunno about titties
>>
>>61837858
Solus seems to be quietly dumping GNU
>>
File: 2017-08-11_27:37.png (643KB, 957x1060px) Image search: [Google]
2017-08-11_27:37.png
643KB, 957x1060px
>>61833488
Thanks. urxvt does everything xfce4-term does but thrice as fast.
>>
what the the best gnu free linux distro?
>>
>>61839391
Ubuntu returns "unexpected IRQ trap" and the USB fails to boot. Apparently it doesn't accept Ryzen?

Do I just neck myself now? My Windows partition is nuked. Is there even any Linux out there that works with Ryzen processors?
>>
Hey guys. I'm searching for a lightweight Linux distro without GNU for beginners. Any recommendations?
>>
>>61840059
pcbsd
>>
>>61840059
install alipne
>>
Someone please explain the "shell" and how it works.

When Linux users say "shell" that's the terminal, correct?
>>
>>61840377
The shell is the software ran in the terminal emulator
>>
>>61840388
So when people choose a "terminal emulator" that refers to say: urxvt, xfce-terminal, konsole, etc?

If they choose their own terminal emulator, what does it run on? Bash?
Seen fish being preferred over Bash.
>>
>>61840431
>terminal emulator
Yes
>bash
busybox ash,fish.dash,zsh are other alternatives
>>
>>61840450
so if my Linux box came with Bash, could I also install say: fish or zsh and run just fine?

Why would I want to run the alternative over Bash?
>>
>>61840518
Are you a desperate troll?
>>
>>61840530
Nah, just want to be educated.
>>
>>61840518
install it then run
chsh
and change your shell

>alternative
Biggest reason is bash is created by gn u and you should never only just use what is given to you, you should try other alternatives and see how they work for you.Bash is too large and is bloated for what it does. zsh has superior syntax highlighting and completion out of the box for instance
>>
>>61840518
bash is GNU trash, zsh masterrace
>>
>>61840602
Interesting.
So if my bash.rc has got all my aliases and what not, will they work with my new shell? aka: fish or whatever?
>>
This thread is satire, right?
>>
>>61840518
>so if my Linux box came with Bash, could I also install say: fish or zsh and run just fine?
Sure.
>Why would I want to run the alternative over Bash?
Bash is nice for scripting, but a little old for interactive use, which fish and zsh excel at.
>>
>>61840723
Aliases yes, scripting no
>>
can you please go back to calling it fglt so it's easier to find and more technically accurate?
>>
>>61812297
Distros without systemd:
Void
PCLinuxOS
Gentoo
Artix

there are probably more
>>
>>61812171
everything debian/red hat/arch is systemd now, you'll have to find a distro that specifically says it doesn't have systemd if you want to avoid it
>>
I have Arch installed on an SSD in my Thinkpad X200s. Can I move that SSD to my T400 without much difficulty?
>>
>>61841195
>>61831387
>>
>>61823767
Bunsen Labs IS Debian. Just install Openbox or i3 instead of LXDE... You can even use the same configs.
>>
>>61839977
GNU GuixSD GNU/GNU Linux-libre
>>
>>61824194
I've got a 4chan pass my friend bought me
>>
>>61841470
well parotted fellow memer
>>
redpill me on the fglt/flt controverse
>>
I'm a newbie and I'm trying to create an Arch USB but I'm not sure what to do. I'm using the guide but I'm still stuck.

>Tip: Find out the name of your USB drive with lsblk. Make sure that it is not mounted.
How do I know if the USB is mounted or not? How do I even find the path of the USB?

There's also no reaction when I use the dd command: with lsblk I did find out that my USB is called sdb. Knowing this, I changed the bold part of the example command:
># dd bs=4M if=/path/to/archlinux.iso of=/dev/sdx status=progress && sync
into
># dd bs=4M if=/path/to/archlinux.iso of=/dev/sdb status=progress && sync
and ran it, but there was no reaction.

>/path/to/archlinux.iso
looks like it might also be a placeholder. Because of that, I tried this command with the image file I've downloaded:
># dd bs=4M if=/home/[user]/Downloads/archlinux-2017.08.01-x86_64.iso of=/dev/sdb status=progress && sync
but there was still no reaction.

Help?
>>
>>61841573
>How do I know if the USB is mounted or not? How do I even find the path of the USB?
It will show on the far right part of the output,where it says "MOUNTPOINT"
Please read the outputs from here on out

>dd
dd if=archiso.iso of=/dev/sda bs=4M status=progress
>/path/to/.iso
Yes its a placeholder....srsly bro?
>>
>>61841787
"mount" with no parameters it lists all things mounted.
>>
>>61841837
>mount
I didnt say to use mount, you used lsblk, which is what i was talking about.
>Tip: Find out the name of your USB drive with <<<<<<<<<<lsblk>>>>>>>>>>. Make sure that it is not mounted.
>>
I just installed fish, really like the colors
can I securly uninstall bash or will it break something?
>>
>>61841890
A lot of things run by specifying "/bin/bash", especially scripts.

I'm not going to tell you whether it's safe or not to allow all these things to run fish instead, you can decide that for yourself or some other anon can help you
But if you do go that route you'd almost certainly want to symlink /bin/bash to wherever the fish executable is.
>>
is it true that linux doesn't have good printer drivers and no printing software?
>>
>>61841941
No. Unless your printer was designed and released for consumer use just this morning and you somehow already got one, then you might have to wait until tomorrow, sorry.
>printing software
CUPS is all you need.
>>
>>61841890
Don't uninstall, you may break some essencial system shell scripts. If you like fish, use it as your usual interactive shell, but keep bash installed stuff doesn't break.
>>
>>61842032
+so

Also guys, please don't tell beginners to break their systems with your anti-GNU crap. Thanks.
>>
>>61842011
IDK if it's an epson thing, but my 1400 print with the colors messed up. the old r270 print fine though. Does linux only support really old printers?
>>
>>61842153
Someone else will have to help you. But I always hear printer support was pretty good
>>
Guys is there something like gnome sushi or gloobus preview that I can install on Solus?
>>
File: 1491771469486.gif (41KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1491771469486.gif
41KB, 512x512px
You still need gcc to compile Linux you niggers.
Why not just ditch GNU w/ Linux entirely and go full cuck with *BSD while you're at it?
>>
>>61842991
How bout no.
https://github.com/ramosian-glider/clang-kernel-build
>>
>>61843041
haha let me see you try that
>>
File: 1496554193759-0.png (100KB, 422x480px) Image search: [Google]
1496554193759-0.png
100KB, 422x480px
Fact:
>It is impossible to build the Linux kernel without gcc, since it requires gcc specific extensions.
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-gcc-hacks/
Fact:
>This kills the anti GNU cuck.
>>
how to remedy this anons pls help
>>
>>61843177
Check for defunct pacman's
ps aughx | grep pacman
>>
>>61843177
gnu shitters are not welcome here
either use a REAL distro like alpine or get the fuck out >>>/g/fglt
>>
File: IMG_3602.jpg (50KB, 278x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3602.jpg
50KB, 278x400px
Could someone help me make my Linux recognize website names? Ping command never recognizes any website name I put in and pacstrap install times out with every mirror.
>>
File: 1496853622446.png (602KB, 963x720px) Image search: [Google]
1496853622446.png
602KB, 963x720px
Is this the new Linux + FreeBSD userland thread?
Is this the new Google Androidâ„¢ thread?
Is this the new Haiku/Linux thread?
Is this the new 9front w/ Linux thread?
Is this the new Microshoft Windows/Linux 10â„¢ thread?
>>
>>61843284
get the fuck out of my thread gnu nigger
/fglt/ is that way
>>
>>61843284
*Arch Linux
>>
>>61843320
wsl is gnu/nt
>>
>>61843284
Are you installing it?
Are you in the chroot?
Do you have proper dnsservers in /etc/resolv?
>>
>>61843383
Arch Linux**
>>
Install Alpine non-GNU/Linux
>>
>>61843200

this is the output anon, what do.
>>
Install FreeBSD/non-kFreeBSD/Linux
>>
>>61843432
this
arch is 100% normalfag tier nowadays (also gnushit)
>>
>>61843437
Its not ".lock" its ".lck"
rm -rf /var/lib/pacman/db.lck

Then
pacman -Syyu
>>
>>61843437
gtfo of my thred gnugger
>>
>>61843411
Arch Linus***
>>
so, is /flt/ the /fglt/ shitposting branch?
>>
>>61843458
thank you, can you help me fix this now plox
>>61843462
dont be mean anon this is supposed to be a civil thread and i need help desu
>>
Is there a guide on how to de-GNU my Linux? I heard busybox can do this, but I don't really know what I'm doing.
>>
>>61843623
this is the /fglt/ shitposting satelite
the real /fglt/ is that way >>>/g/fglt
>>
>>61843655
,Stop deriling our friendly thread.Go back to where you came from.
>>
File: 1498582015796.png (795KB, 829x726px) Image search: [Google]
1498582015796.png
795KB, 829x726px
>>61843675
>thread created for the sole purpose of disrespecting the GNU project
>friendly
>>
>>61843644
Just install Alipne Linux
>>
File: Screenshot_20170810-233659.jpg (509KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170810-233659.jpg
509KB, 1080x1920px
Hey faggots, it's a FRIENDLY fucking thread. We welcome all distros, but are less committed to free software than those GNU extremists. Also, here's proof I'm op
>>
>>61844186
Shit the fucking keyboard stayed...see the highlight of the first post there's your proof
>>
>>61843409
Yes
No
Uh I don't think I can access any kind of file tree considering I'm trying to install
>>
NEW THREAD
>>61845295
>>61845295
>>61845295
I forgot to replace GNU/Linux with Linux in one of the parts of the op thread.
Thread posts: 307
Thread images: 33

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.