[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So are these all pieces of shit? They have some pretty cheap

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: CC3P3clY.jpg (7KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
CC3P3clY.jpg
7KB, 400x400px
So are these all pieces of shit? They have some pretty cheap laptops for the specs so I'm a bit wary it'll just crap out on me or physically break after a year and a half.

Also any general insights about Acer laptops would be appreciated.
>>
They have really inconsistent reviews over the long term. My experience with their laptops (and a monitor) has been uneventful.
>>
Hit or miss, so check out reviews before buying.

They got nice customer support in Germany at least.
>>
File: Screenshot_6.png (39KB, 836x442px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_6.png
39KB, 836x442px
>>61802799
I got acer laptop, it's usable.
tho some function key shortcuts don't work properly under windows, they work fine under linxu tho
>>
File: travelmate.jpg (48KB, 640x629px) Image search: [Google]
travelmate.jpg
48KB, 640x629px
>>61802799
My Acer laptop from 2008 still works great (except for the battery obviously). I'm thinking to get an 11'' like pic related soon, because my thinkpad is kinda heavy tbqh
>>
>>61802799
I've got two of them. They are working good (2 years going).

Here is one of them.

https://www.amazon.com/Acer-E5-575-33BM-15-6-Inch-Processor-Generation/dp/B01K1IO3QW
>>
Speaking as someone who repairs laptops for a living, I would say if you want cheap and cheerful then go ahead and buy an Acer machine.

The rush to go for non serviceable parts and sealed batteries is the bane of the industry, a trend started by Apple. Acer, along with any other manufacturer going have gone the same way and if you accept that then you'll be happy with your purchase.

Trust me, they are certainly not the worst manufacturer. There is one huge tech company I warn people to steer clear of. I won't be defamatory or libellous here and name them but no, it isn't Apple.
>>
>>61802799
posting from a 4-5yo? (3rd gen intel) acer e1-571g , it still works fine but the battery is 98% dead and one of the hinges broke off slightly (??).
Nvidia optimus aside the hardware is 100% supported on linux , without any non-free blobs so its noice.
Imo acers are pieces of shit but if you find them much cheaper or with better specs for the price you can risk it on lower budget.
>>
>>61803166
It's not defamatory to say that you don't give people recommendations for a particular company. Just avoid preceding language like "worst" or "steer clear" in the future and you can actually speak your mind. All you've done now is leave a pointless mystery.
>>
Acer has traditionally been a shit company. However, the Acer Chromebook 15 is incredible. It's cheap, has a good screen and trackpad, amazing battery life, and has the best keyboard I ever used including my Thinkpads. I wish there was a Windows version of it.
>>
Actually I've found them to be durable and their IPS displays are pretty decent.

Also they have the advantage of being very linux compatible.
>>
>>61803403
this tbqh, what brand is it?
>>
>>61802949
when i got my acer laptop in 2009 the hdd broke after 2 weeks, but since i got it back from rma ive never hand any problems with it other than the hardware is outdater and slow af
>>
I got a laptop last year from them and it's pretty good.

Their older products sucked though.
>>
>>61802799
Posting from a 5 year old acer aspire. The only problem is a single dead pixel on the screen.
>>
Thanks everyone! Really appreciated.
>>
>>61803166
>Trust me, they are certainly not the worst manufacturer. There is one huge tech company I warn people to steer clear of. I won't be defamatory or libellous here and name them but no, it isn't Apple.
HP?
My first laptop was an HP Pavilion. The fucker was a jet engine/space heater combined, burned my legs, and required removing over 100 screws just to do something basic like replacing the keyboard. I'm never buying another laptop from that company again
>>
>>61806058
this.

I had to build a custom stand with desktop fans and a power source just to get the fucker to run.
>>
>>61802799
all I know is they sell cheap prebuilt computer
>>
hard to say, I had one back in 2012 and the hinge holding the screen came loose and the plastic was starting to come apart. the one I have right now is still holding together after 3 years but the screen is starting to flicker a bit which is worrying.
>>
>>61802799
>Acer
>all pieces of shit
Pretty much.

That said, if you had asked whether laptops in general were all pieces of shit, my answer would be the same. Usually the business lines (thinkpad, latitude, precision, elitebook, probook, macbook pro, et cetera) are a step up, but laptops are still shit in general.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.