[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 328
Thread images: 58

File: 150109867952.jpg (416KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
150109867952.jpg
416KB, 1600x1200px
Last thread: >>61789446
>>
>>61800842
first lol
>>
File: 1501859410314.png (598KB, 804x512px) Image search: [Google]
1501859410314.png
598KB, 804x512px
Is there any meaning to this?
>>
My PC boots for a fraction of a second and then turns off. I've tried an external power button, it isn't wedged on. I've tried removing everything bar boot drive/mobo/CPU power, same deal. Different power cable and different port on the wall, same deal. Anything else left to try or has my PSU finally given up the ghost? It started happening one day after I hadn't swapped parts in months, so I'm fairly sure I didn't break it.
>>
How do I encrypt my hard drive? I see no options for encryption or bitlocker in the control panel
>>
callisto>anime
desu senpai, baka
>>
>>61801335
Download VeraCrypt and encrypt a partition. Don't use bitlocker, it's anything but secure.
>>
Is 38C/100F a high temp for my idle 1060 to be at?

Its not hot out or anything
>>
>>61801387
Thats perfectly normal idle temps, you have nothing to worry about.
>>
I am trying to repair my friend's desktop PC, it has a GT220 nvidia, and everything spins good, but the damn fucker won't give any video over HDMI nor VGA.

The story goes that my friend wanted to replace the GPU with a stronger one, put the better GPU in, it didn't work, and then when he wanted to put back in the old one, it just didn't give video. Standard PCI-Express slot, I tried both slots one and two, nothing.

Do I try resetting the CMOS or something?
>>
File: Considerthefollowing.png (133KB, 311x211px) Image search: [Google]
Considerthefollowing.png
133KB, 311x211px
I got a refurbished note 4 from ebay, and want to root it, but every method I try fails. I cant even flash that recovery tool from odin.

any tips?
>>
I just quit uni. Should i return to pursuing a job in the tech industry?

What skills can I teach myself which will land a job?
>>
When I try to create a new virtual machine on virtual manager, it displays an error message that says: "There is not enough free space on the storage pool to create the volume. (8192 M requested allocation > 5887 M available)". I tried creating another storage pool, but I can't change the size of the storage pool no matter where I place it. Wat do /g/?
>>
>>61801553
download more ram
>>
File: mtr.jpg (64KB, 610x246px) Image search: [Google]
mtr.jpg
64KB, 610x246px
from last thread, having connection issues with chat clients, oddly slow internet but i have a good connection
>>
>>61801533
Damn, you took the stupid part real literally.
>>
>>61801649
was that necessary?
>>
>>61801744
Okay, I'm sorry..
>>
>>61801533
How to work an espresso machine.
>>
>try to set up the default windows 7 VPN
>it connects but doesn't route internet through it
what do?
All I did was create a new incoming connection on my home pc, set to allow my account and that's it. On the client I just made a new VPN connection, used my account creds and it connects but all Internet traffics times out.
In ipconfig on client, the PPT adapter shows default gateway as 0.0.0.0 so idk what the fuck to do about it.
I want the Internet to go through the VPN, so no splitting the tunnel
>>
File: 1501271295923.jpg (15KB, 532x320px) Image search: [Google]
1501271295923.jpg
15KB, 532x320px
I want to learn programming. Where should i start?
>>
>>61801852
and another thing, any VPN solutions on Windows 7 that don't require admin privileges? OpenVPN is the first to fail at that because it needs to install a network driver
>>
>>61801842
Or a dick
>>
I have two SSDs, one is ~500GB and one is ~200GB. What is the optimal way to set up my laptop with this? Is it worth using the smaller one exclusively for boot and applications, or should I not bother and just only use the larger one for everything?
>>
>>61801863
Learn python and then take a look at OOP.
>>
>>61801934
Any good sites/books suggestions?
>>
>>61801967
https://learnpythonthehardway.org/
>>
win 7 here
my pc starts with IntelService.exe process
it constantly takes 25% of my cpu and it makes it sound like a f16
there's Intel service in msconfig and it says it's working and not recognized but i always shut it down in task manager
there isn't anything intel related in autostart though and malwarebytes doesn't see it either
how do i make it stop from starting?
>>
I'd like to try out some distro of Linux, currently on windows. I'd like it to be more definitive than a live USB stick sort of system. Is there any way to partition my current hdd without any sort of formatting so I can freely install Linux there? I don't wanna lose or have to shuffle around files or back them up again.
>>
>>61801363
do i need tpm for that?
>>
>>61801995
>30$
>>
Is AdNauseam malware, or is google just full of shit?
>>
>>61802191
https://automatetheboringstuff.com/
>>
>>61802191
http://files.meetup.com/18552511/Learn%20Python%20The%20Hard%20Way%203rd%20Edition%20V413HAV.pdf
Is that so hard to google?
>>
What is the best scanner that can do negatives and film? Is there one that has usb3 0 and ubder $150?
>>
Should i kil myself?
>>
Building a new pc . First one in quite a while. Where should I buy my OEM windows key? I don't know which sites are reliable anymore. I personally don't trust the pirated version and I'd rather spend the 20 bucks rather than worry about malware.
>>
File: uuuu.jpg (42KB, 601x357px) Image search: [Google]
uuuu.jpg
42KB, 601x357px
>>61802302
yes
>>
>>61802355
thanks
>>
>>61802292
These people >>>/p/fgt/ would be the ones to ask.
>>
Do you need a specific IDE to use SFML?
Can I just use notepad and compile with g++?
>>
File: whyisdickshortforrichard.png (82KB, 1099x300px) Image search: [Google]
whyisdickshortforrichard.png
82KB, 1099x300px
Anyone know why i get this when i try to extend the D partition to use the full disk? Google says its from having too many partitions on a drive but that drive only has 1 partition on it, its not really a big deal since its only 500MB but its annoying to see it.
>>
>>61802249
Nvm, apparently it's created by jews
>>
When downloading torrents. I should use VPN only to access the site? or should i use it also when downloading the torrent?
>>
>>61802610
>when downloading the torrent
That's the most important. It's not called peer to peer for nothing. When downloading, your ip is publicly visible.
>>
how can I change key bindings from MPV?
>>
I have a problem with my internet connection where things don't load half the time. When doing a ping I get request timed out 90% of the time. While using a VPN there is no problem, everything loads fast and smoothly. I also tried connecting my laptop to the same network, same exact port and there is no problem. I tried different DNS but still the same issue. So I'm thinking there is something fucked with my network settings on my desktop computer. Any idea what it can be? Windows 10.
>>
>>61802679
>>>/g/mpv/
Edit input.conf
>>
How do I get SDL running on my machine?
Installed libsdl2-2.0 and libsdl2-dev but Im not sure where to go from here.
>>
why would you not just make every class virtual in c++ when inheriting it? what's the downside to that?
as it stands it just seems to fix a problem that could be automatically amended without the need for the virtual keyword but i want to know why.
>>
>>61802797
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <stdio.h>
#include <SDL/SDL.h>

int main( int argc, char *argv[ ] )
{
SDL_Surface *screen;

if( SDL_Init( SDL_INIT_VIDEO ) == -1 ){
printf( "Can't init SDL: %s\n", SDL_GetError( ) );
return EXIT_FAILURE;
}

atexit( SDL_Quit );
screen = SDL_SetVideoMode( 640, 480, 16, SDL_HWSURFACE );
SDL_WM_SetCaption( "Hello World", NULL );

SDL_Delay( 3000 );

return EXIT_SUCCESS;
}

Compile this. You will get file not found SDL.h if it's not installed.
>>
If anyone here uses ShareX, is there a way to automate a better compression process than using the integrated jpeg support? It looks like ass even at highest settings, but if I do png -> photoshop -> jpg, I get a much better result
>>
>>61802955
Nice, thanks.
What would a compilation look like assuming the file is called test.cpp (or test.c, not sure which you're using)? Any compiler flags to use for g++?
>>
File: 1498843468379.gif (3MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1498843468379.gif
3MB, 200x200px
im writing server/client application and id like to see how it reacts to brute force sending random messages over sockets, any programs for that?
>>
>>61803017
gcc test.c -lSDL
probably but it's been a while since i did anything SDL
>>
>>61803035
Thanks.
I want to do simple 2D interactive graphics with it and I had/have no idea where to start. Someone suggested SDL so I thought I'd try it.
>>
Is it possible to have an HDD/external HD accessed by two systems at the same time? Preferably not through the internet, how would I accomplish this? I'm trying to set up a media center to my TV and want to download movies to this HDD from my main computer but have my media center access the HDD in order to play the movies instead
>>
>>61803017
Well you should start learning C before using the SDL...
Here it doesn't matter as it's only using C functions. But if you want to manipulate strings or write templates, then go for cpp.
>>
>>61803068
No I don't think that's possible.
>>
>>61801869
get a dd wrt router for 30 bucks and use it as a switch, and sign in to the vpn there
>>
>>61803068
Through a local network
or if you're really afraid of ethernet cables you could do FC, but that would require some very specialized hardware
>>
>>61801869
You could probably do this with an android phone running an openvpn client using usb tethering
>>
>>61803189
trying to do this at work so not really a possibility

>>61803235
yea, I think I'll just have to tether my phone network, I was trying to avoid it because it's a security risk but fuck it, I need it for a couple of days only
>>
File: file.png (344KB, 408x433px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
344KB, 408x433px
>/g/ says ram optimizers are all bullshit and only make things worse
>"it only LOOKS like a lot of ram is being used, but it's just caching. Windows frees the caching space when it needs to use it," they say
>notebook has only 4gb of ram
>can't even use photoshop and leave the browser open because low ram
>ram optimizers start looking enticing
>decide to do a test
>open a shitton of photoshop documents
>open a shitton of tabs
>used ram 98%
>computer starts freezing
>hangs every time I try to do anything
>use a ram optimizer
>ram usage goes down to 60% without closing anything
>everything gets smooth
what the hell, /g/? I thought those things were bad. What gives? Was I lied to?
>>
File: 1493523572263.png (98KB, 612x491px) Image search: [Google]
1493523572263.png
98KB, 612x491px
My foreign neighbor can't afford internet and I told him he couldn't use mine. So I'm trying to help him find a solution.

Somebody here once recommended me a 4G stick so I could use the internet when I visited the countryside.

I've never actually used one though, so my question is, would this be a workable solution for my neighbor who can't afford much and would like to stream.

If not does anybody else have any ideas on how to help my neighbor?
>>
>>61803486
50 foot ethernet cable
>>
Need a laptop for work and I have this old Toshiba a505 sitting in my closet, has an i3 and 4gb of ram.
If I clean it out, put a fresh os on it, and throw in an ssd, is it worth using for browsing and word? Or would I be better off getting some refurb thinkpad?
>>
>>61803595
better off getting a refurb thinkpad
consumer laptops are generally garbage 2 years after you buy them, regardless of specs.
but why doesn't your workplace pay for it if you need it for work?
>>
>>61803646
Got one at my desk, but I like to go and isolate myself elsewhere in the office to do research or whatever.
>>
What's the safest way to use Windows 10 for games if you're paranoid?
>>
i had recently got myself relatively closely involved in the marcus hutchins case in a completely legal capacity (helping him and senpai find a place to stay, lawyer, etc), i have been communicating about it mostly thru omemo.. but thats just because infosec ppl are Like That.

anyway today a black suburban parked in front of my house in the middle of nowhere, nobody got out and it left after ~30 min, what did they mean by this?
>>
>>61803684
I can see that. Well, you should definitely get a used thinkpad then. I use a T420 every day at work (mine, because i don't really need a laptop for my job) and it's great
>>
>>61803686
Dig around here: https://github.com/W4RH4WK/Debloat-Windows-10
>>
File: qbittorrentbug.gif (89KB, 253x87px) Image search: [Google]
qbittorrentbug.gif
89KB, 253x87px
How do I fix this shit? This happens when I run qBittorrent for more then a day, sometimes one of the options works but after a while all of them stop working.
>>
What is the cheapest way to capture video from HDMI output onto my Ubuntu?
I need something fast enough for streaming on twitch.
>>
>>61803484
Windows implements a demand-paged virtual-memory system. An OS uses virtual memory to give applications the illusion that a computer has more physical memory than it actually does. RAM optimizers take advantage of the Memory Manager’s behavior by allocating, then freeing, large amounts of virtual memory. As RAM optimizers force the available-memory counter up, they force other processes’ data and code out of memory.

t. M.Russinovich
>>
should i get a sub woofer? ive got hs8 speakers and am in a 3.5 x 3 m room
>>
I'm looking to automate a bunch of tasks that my coworkers do, basic office worker stuff.

Where do I start with this? I could buy a platform but I'm not even sure where to look. The sort of things I'm looking to do:

-Monitor an inbox, if an email comes in with a .TXT attachment, download the TXT, treat it as a CSV file and put those values into the appropriate fields in a database

-Look at a folder, check the file names, grab the first six characters from the file names, look up the file number in the database, grab a new file location from the database, move the file from the current location to the new one, rename the file

-Monitor the databases for specific changes, send emails or take other actions based on that

Those are actually only the things I've thought of actually. I'm sure I could cobble the first two together through Python or something but was looking for something a little less homebrew if possible?
>>
>>61802710
Anyone? Please ask if you need more information. I really don't get it.
>>
>>61803887
write an add on. use a scripting language like lua

if extension txt
and email from
database whatever

and so on. to call writing a script in python "homebrew" man youre not applying yourself. get good, its like an hours work if that
>>
>>61803887
>Python

import MySQLdb
import poplib
import smtplib

done.jpg

It might take a few days to write if you're not used to python but it will be worth it.
>>
Hello /g/, I just bought myself a Crucial MX300 525GB SSD.

It works fine, but when I enabled BitLocker on it, it got encrypted instantly. Usually I get an option to encrypt used data or full disk encryption. The SSD had 300GB of data when I encrypted it, but like I said before, it was instantly.

Is this what "Hardware Encryption" is? I saw a video from this year's Computex where Crucial, I think, talked a lot about Hardware Encryption. This is the first time any of my SSD's has encrypted instantly with bitlocker.

Is it CIA botnet or actually secure?
>>
File: 2017-08-08 23_00_45.png (12KB, 563x249px) Image search: [Google]
2017-08-08 23_00_45.png
12KB, 563x249px
>>61804216

Here's what buttlocker CMD info says
>>
>>61804216
well there's no way bitlocker can be properly secure
>>
File: password.jpg (441KB, 700x528px) Image search: [Google]
password.jpg
441KB, 700x528px
>>61800842
Is PBKDF2 just sha256(sha256(sha256(input,salt),salt))..?
>>
#include <stdio.h>
#include <math.h>

main() {
float pound;

pound=convert();
printf("The amount in Pounds is %f", pound);

}

convert(){
float dollaroos;

printf("Please input a dollar amount: ");
scanf("%f", &dollaroos);
dollaroos = roundf(dollaroos*100)/100;
return dollaroos/2.0;

}

this is some book exercise i'm doing. It just wanted me to make a converter that divides it by 2, but it used USD to Pounds as an example, so I'm stubbornly trying to get it to accept decimals. What am I doing wrong?

I read that roundf() will round it off to two decimal places, but that doesn't work either. It'll output like 4.000000 for 8.5 which isn't right.
>>
Do lecturers at university care about piracy? I can get nearly all of my books illegally, will they question how i got them?
>>
>>61804409
not worth it if the prof wrote the book
im no lawyer but i think he could sue you
>>
>>61804216
>>61804240

I chatted with Crucial chat support and they said it's hardware encryption (kind of like how Android phones are encrypted with a default password until a user enables a numberpad/password locksreen).

And in this case, BitLocker enabled the hardware encryption which is instant.

That's real fukken neato
>>
>>61804437
fuck that guy anyway
>>
>>61804409
do any professors actually check? if the books available digitally then your g probably.

>>61804438
not that neat, not particularly secure vs software encryption
>>
Using ffmpeg to convert video to image sequence. Will this result in quality loss?
>>
>>61804611
I don't start until September but I've already downloaded all of the course books that i'll need illegally.
>>
>>61800842
Where do I download Windows 7 Professional legit? MSDN Subscriber Downloads got axed or something. I have a key for Windows 7 Pro but it is an OEM key so I can't use it on https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows7. I just need a legit ISO.
>>
>>61804661
piratebay
>>
File: 1468633460100.jpg (28KB, 396x394px) Image search: [Google]
1468633460100.jpg
28KB, 396x394px
I probably have a retarded problem, but...

Last semester I could access the uni's WiFi without any problems through my memepad, but this semester I can't access even the fucking login page (which is necessary to gain access).

The procedure I did was like this:
1) Open browser
2) Go to any page
3) Browser changes the page to the uni's WiFi login screen
4) I insert my user/password and voila

Now it doesn't go into the login screen, even if I type the URL manually. What the fuck is happening? I can access it just fine with my old Moto G2.
I already tried chaning my browser and I'm running Arch Linux.
>>
>>61804762
>changing
>>
>>61804762
can you set up your G2 as a repeater? try that and start eliminating variables.
>>
>>61804785
Fuck, you're right... I'll try that tomorrow. Unfortunately I'm at home right now.

Thanks.
>>
File: 1362352077934.jpg (52KB, 471x442px) Image search: [Google]
1362352077934.jpg
52KB, 471x442px
Accidentally opened a video with foobar2000 and lost all my thousands of songs in the default playlist. Is there anything I can do to turn back time?
>>
>>61804661
Get it from >>61804700 but make sure to do a checksum on it to verify its legit
>>
>>61804817
What is the legit checksum?
>>
How do I cock.li on K-9 Mail?
>>
File: Capture.png (68KB, 643x637px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
68KB, 643x637px
How can I make uBlock Origin perform as intended? It worked fine before YouTube updated. 'Hide placeholders of blocked elements' is ticked. I'm using Chrome 60.
>>
>>61804661
corenoc digital river mirror torrents
>>
File: 1501802678973.png (29KB, 741x568px) Image search: [Google]
1501802678973.png
29KB, 741x568px
http://www.scaruffi.com/music/songs.html
this webpage has a list of some songs. what would be a good way to download these songs automatically as MP3s? quality doesn't really matter as long as they are 128kbps or above. I just want something to listen on shuffle when I am not listening to the albums of my particular music taste.
>>
File: pepe.jpg (9KB, 236x205px) Image search: [Google]
pepe.jpg
9KB, 236x205px
How do I stop the 'This copy of Windows is not genuine :^)' message appearing on a copy of Windows 7 I (allegedly) stole from Microsoft?
>>
>>61800842
What is a good program to record on screen audio (if that makes sense?) I wish to rip a game soundtrack by using an emulator and the sound test in game
>>
>>61805249
Pretty sure Audacity works fine for that? I used to rip Audible audiobooks using it so I didn't have to pay for it past the free trial.
>>
>>61805249
audacity probably does that.
>>
>>61805238
update it
Daz loader it
>>
>>61805287
>>61805285
How did I not think of this, ha
>>
>>61805314
Yeah I Daz loadered it, but after restarting the message appears again after a few hours.

How would I know my Win7 is updated?
>>
How do you get work experience for a programming job if you haven't had a programming job before? This job wanted one year of computer programming experience but apparently getting a degree in CS doesn't cover at least 1 year of it. I don't really have any projects that didn't take more than a month to do. I think HR was just being a bunch of bitches
>>
>>61800842
What's the blur applied to pic related?
>>
>>61805358
Gaussian.
>>
>>61805349
hmm removewat then
Windows update > check updates
>>
>>61805372
w-what if i check for updates and it installs windows 10?
>>
>>61805366
even if I use the original wallpaper, I can't get the same result, it can't be gaussian sadly
>>
>>61805387
first choose "check for updates but don't install" from the options of Windows update.
you can right click and remove the update proposed to you.
>>
Im a truck driver and I am using a large amount of data due to more down time. I have a verizon unlimited plan and its working great everywhere, Im mainly streaming HD TV.

Will they get mad (terminate my service) if I use too much data?

already at 36gb in 8 days
>>
>>61805393
>>61805366
found it, it was "frosted glass" effect or some shit - just smashed a half transparent white layer over it and it looked exactly the same
>>
>>61805416
I don't see that option. I checked the list of 'important updates' and it's a bunch of stuff related to Windows 7, and the download is only about 935MB. Does that mean I'm good to go?
>>
>>61804785
Actually, I'm searching here and I think this is happening because of my alternate DNS servers. I added them recently.
>>
File: file.png (171KB, 396x600px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
171KB, 396x600px
>>61805393
?
>>
>>61805429
Not sure.

Read the verizon customer agreement, my verizon terms and conditions, and an acceptable use policiy if they have one

search for keywords such as 'usage' or 'limits' or 'data' or the such
>>
>>61805490
I can't say really. make sure windows 10 isn't one of them.
removewat probably doesn't need updating though. I'd try my luck first.
>>
>>61804260
Not really, it uses a keyed hash function(e.g. HMAC-SHA256) and each output block of size of digest(in this case 256 bits) is generated like:

d = H(key, salt || n);
output = d;
for (i = 1; i < count; i++) {
d = H(key, d);
output ^= d;
}

Where H is they HMAC function, n is the output block number and || is concatenation.
>>
>>61805621
I let it run and it's just running through a bunch of 'Security Update for Windows 7 for x64 Based Systems XXX', so I think I'm fine.

Didn't they stop doing this forced update garbage anyway after people got massively asshurt about it?
>>
Is there anything I can use to cancel noise in the air? Like a microphone attached to a big speaker that automatically cancels any sound it hears? Is this even possible or do sound waves bounce around too much?

also fuck anime, get back to your containment board
>>
>>61805675
Couldn't you just turn the microphone off?
>>
>>61805670
yeah I remember that they removed that banner shit. alson make sure you haven't installed the anti piracy update. Google it and it has a name that ends with KB or something. remove that update if you have it. I haven't touched a Windows PC for about two years now so these workarounds are coming by instalments to me.
>>
>>61805574
Found something that says only 10gb while tethered but Its not being counted. I guess I enjoy it while it lasts.

says 10gb/10gb left of hotspot data.
>>
>>61803486
srs answers pls
>>
File: 1336707523842.gif (497KB, 275x155px) Image search: [Google]
1336707523842.gif
497KB, 275x155px
Any archival tool recommendations? I just want to group files/directories into a single file. I'm trying to use 7zips "store" compression (100% ratio) but its taking 10+ mins to add a 2kb file to a 40gb archive.

Or is there an option I'm missing from 7zip that can create uncompressed archives quickly?
>>
File: 1491006790693.gif (749KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1491006790693.gif
749KB, 500x281px
Pc was power cycling this morning in and out of sleep mode. Came back from work and it was dead. First it would boot to blue screen before restart, then it would boot straight to recovery. It's been doing something new damn near every time I restart it for the last hour or so. Some times it's small shit like my peripherals not getting power after boot, some times it major shit like it recognizing drives.

I'm running a small ssd for my main boot drive, and my 1tb hdd as a secondary drive with its OS still on board so I can boot to it as a backup (in case my ssd ate shit and died). Neither install will boot, chkdsk shows both drives as totally full which I know they aren't. Internet says virus.exe but I seriously doubt it. I've got ahead and reformatted my ssd since it had nearly as makes no difference no valuable data on it and I'm reinstalling my OS now. Will run further tests once I can reliably boot the damn computer.

What the fuck did I/my computer do? I've never seen anything like this before.
>>
File: to inteligent.png (279KB, 898x790px) Image search: [Google]
to inteligent.png
279KB, 898x790px
Would buying a BreadDipper CPU be a dumb choice if I have no interest in running any OS other than Windows 7?
>>
>>61800842
Who are these cumdumpsters and what anime are they from?
>>
>>61806352
The middle is Miku the Vocaloid. Also, kill yourself.
>>
If my Shitvidia GPU is running a game downclocked from it's (for example) standard core clock of 1000Mhz because of GPU Boost, and is at (for example) 700Mhz, and MSI Afterburner is reporting 35% GPU usage, is is reporting 35% GPU usage of my 700Mhz or of 1000Mhz?
>>
>>61800842
How do you get past the olpair.com openload pop up on kodi. I went to the website but I feel it will just open up more pop ups. I'm trying to watch anime and I can't really switch to another source on the damn app.
>>
File: 1494348877733.png (341KB, 593x635px) Image search: [Google]
1494348877733.png
341KB, 593x635px
>>61806260
Update on the ssd wipe, it now boots on a fresh install. Secondary drive is accessible and all the data seems to be intact save for the spare install which still refuses to boot. I plan on getting a pair of new 1tb drives tomorrow morning and replacing both drives. I don't know for sure if the ssd is at the end of its life or not but I'd rather not take any undue risks until I can confirm its safe to use. The regular drive I've had for a longass time so it's probably about time to replace it. Just glad the data is safe.

>Tfw just moved a month ago, and my misc pc parts boxes that have all my hardware driver disks are at a friend's house
>>
Do you think I'll be able to get a job in software development once I've finished my PhD in CS?
>>
>>61806382
>
End yourself.
>>
>>61806715
Run crystaldiskinfo and look at the SMART data on the SSD, it should say if the drive is failing or not, i doubt it tho, they last a long ass time.
>>
>>61800842
clicking my mouse wheel opens a link in new tab, but sometime it opens 2 new tabs and even opens it in my current tab all at once.

why?
>>
>>61807057
I've always heard the meme that ssds are prone to failure, especially early ones. I've had mine for something like two years so I'll definitely double check it.
>>
to someone learning, which is the best amog spring, spring mvc and spring boot? from what I've search many people recommends the latter but I will not trust pajeets
>>
Is there some kind of twitter block list that all the SJWs use? I'm blocked by 90% of these people and I've literally never interacted with any of them. My twitter account has to be on a list somewhere
>>
I can root those amazon fire tablets right? I'm looking for a decent tablet under $100 USD, anything that is better?
>>
I want to install Linux but I wan't to have a copy of my current windows installation in case I regret it, what software do you recommend for copying and restoring a disk image?
>>
So my brother wants a Gaming Laptop since his old toaster just croaked.
I know those two words go together like Cancer and Brain but in his case it's justified because he has to go all over the place. Any suggestions for one that would be able to run something like TW Warhammer adequately?
>>
>>61807606
Just tell him to buy a StinkPad and put together a proper desktop gaming setup for wherever he hangs his hat.
>>
>>61807606
Setup a mini itx build instead
>>
My screen started randomly flickering a few days ago. It's completely random when it happens and it's like the bottom 1/3rd of the screen turns white or pink for a split second. Is my GPU about to sudoku?
>>
>>61807694
Either your GPU is about to sudoku or your monitor is. Assuming you have an Nvidia GPU, you could try overclocking your monitor to see what artifacts your monitor produces when it's shitting the bed, that way if it's the same as what you're seeing right now, you'd know it's your monitor about to take a shit rather than your GPU.
>>
I want an excel document to pop-up and consume my screen whenever I unlock or bootup Windows 10, is there a way to do this?

>>61807591
Can't you just do a system image backup on windows for a bootable img you can use.
>>
>>61801311
Take the motherboard out of the case, set it on something non-conductive like wood or cardboard. Install CPU, one memory module and video card if you don't have onboard video.

With power supply unplugged from the wall outlet and turned off, remove your motherboard's CMOS battery. Short the two contacts of the battery holder with a screwdriver momentarily. Reinstall battery.

Connect only the two power connectors from your power supply (ATX + ATX12v). Use a screwdriver to short the power-on pins to start the system.
>>
Is there really any need to update an iPhone, or are iOS updates just artificial ways to bloat your phone?
>>
>>61801911
Personal preference pretty much, unless one is faster I guess.
>>
File: Untitled.png (21KB, 748x523px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
21KB, 748x523px
Had this come in last night when I was sleeping, weird thing is it seems to be mentioning my hotmail account but is coming from gmail, which one is the one I should be worried about here? I checked my gmail and the devices didn't seem to be anything unexpected. Should I just not worry about it? Not sure how someone would have got my password anyway since I don't really reuse passwords for anything.
>>
>>61802341
hardforum.com

There's a guy on the for sale board selling keys, apparently has good feedback from the community.
>>
>>61802710
Install Ubuntu.
>>
File: mycloud.jpg (350KB, 1034x814px) Image search: [Google]
mycloud.jpg
350KB, 1034x814px
>>61803068
Sure, there's even a foolproof solution which seems relevant given we're on sqt.
>>
>>61803486
>4G stick
>cheaper than 'normal' Internet
Seems unlikely.

I seem to recall there are some tablets that come with a lifetime data subscription. Ask your local cellular store.
>>
>>61803835
I'm not sure what's the cheapest, but I know you can do it with Blackmagic hardware.
>>
What is the best gaymen laptop/graphics card combo out there for my budget of $600 or under

Is it going to be a laptop with gtx 970m?
>>
>>61804762
Classic Arch Linux user. Switch to Ubuntu, noob.
>>
>>61807867
It's $55/month for internet here
>>
>>61805739
No, I meant that the speaker would cancel all sounds the microphone hears. You could point the mic towards something loud (maybe a barking dog?) and face the speaker towards yourself to cancel out the sound. Is it possible?
>>
File: Patrice-Talon-afp.gif (69KB, 300x370px) Image search: [Google]
Patrice-Talon-afp.gif
69KB, 300x370px
Hey guys: really autistic question

If I buy a refurbed thinkpad off ebay that comes with WIN10, is there a baked in function that will allow win10 to revert to win7?

Thanks
>>
>>61808214
absolutely not
>>
>>61805675
you want to use a noise gate or an active noise reduction module

>>61808118
to cancel all noise the microphone hears simply phase shift the sound being heard by 180 degrees and play it simultaneously with the original sound
>>
File: dhcp.jpg (636KB, 1000x2250px) Image search: [Google]
dhcp.jpg
636KB, 1000x2250px
what are the good animes simulcasting this season on crunchyroll? most the series ive tried watching that are new to this season are pretty lame
>>
File: 1471260012682.jpg (395KB, 1440x2017px) Image search: [Google]
1471260012682.jpg
395KB, 1440x2017px
My dad wants me to get into his old vista laptop so I can recover some pictures for him, but he forgot the password. I thought that wouldn't be a problem since I could just make an ophcrack liveUSB and try to get his password, but I was wrong. The computer recognizes both USBs and CD-Roms, but refuses to boot from them. What do?
It's a Sony VAIO vgn-n365e with PhoenixBIOS, if that helps.
>>
>>61808318
Thanks anon!
>>
>>61808426
>but refuses to boot from them
this is very strange

put the drive into another pc, boot into linux environment and use scalpel, autopsy, qphotorec or something similar
>>
What was the site to check thinkpad Type codes?
>>
What is the best resource to learn ruby? I need to know it for my job - I already am proficient in python, java, and C++. So I'm not retarded. Is there a book that is good?
>>
>>61808426
i want to see her bare booty
>>
How can I make use of my 5 monitors + TV to maximise my coding productivity?
>One 2560x1600 30" monitor
>Two 1920x1080 21.5" monitors
>Two 1280x1024 19" monitors
>One 4K 55" TV
>>
>>61808528
install gentoo
>>
If I make a PC today and select every component for its high performance/price ratio, what kind of specs and price should I expect?

Basically, what does a "best bang for your buck" machine look like in 2017?
>>
why are notebook cpus and gpus pretty much devoid from proper repair support?
>>
>>61808605
ordroid xu7 plus
>>
>>61808528
Pic 2 or three of them as i doubt your gfx card supports 5 outputs at the same time
>>
File: tumblr_o7gaflZAaN1qb1xf7o1_500.jpg (64KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o7gaflZAaN1qb1xf7o1_500.jpg
64KB, 500x333px
What's a good lightweight browser for Windows? Firefox is being really shitty as of late and I'm paranoid of getting datamined by Google through Chrome
>>
File: win10-baseline-netstat.jpg (1MB, 1476x3401px) Image search: [Google]
win10-baseline-netstat.jpg
1MB, 1476x3401px
>>61808675
if your paranoid about being datamined then windows is the wrong choice friend

https://youtu.be/Y3no3mlLfjY
https://youtu.be/_bzj9ujUrQM
>>
Dunno if anybody else is into HAM radio or just tinkering with radio in general.

Anybody got an image or a list of emergency radio frequencies for either militias, local, state, or federal?

As I recall NOAA radio stations just above the Marine frequencies are supposed to function as distributors of emergency information but I wana have backups in case shit goes down.
>>
>>61808667
I have three GTX 1080 Ti's, so that's not a problem.
>>
>>61801335
You need a Pro version or better to use BitLocker.
>>61801363
>it's anything but secure.
It's enough to keep Tyrone and Ivan out.
>>
How can I put a / into a filename on linux?
>>
>>61806352
How new are you.
>>
File: tumblr_nqtnre7Fj51uum06fo1_500.gif (229KB, 500x579px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nqtnre7Fj51uum06fo1_500.gif
229KB, 500x579px
What's the stack of computers on the left of this image?
>>
>>61808773
you cant a / designates a change in directory
>>
File: Untitled.png (13KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
13KB, 1920x1080px
>>61808528
>>
>>61808807
But its a file not a directory
>>
>>61808704
Get a list of CB radio frequencies, family radio frequencies. NOAA radio frequencies, some local militia groups post their frequencies. There's probably a list of repeater frequencies local to your area.

A lot of this is dictated by locality since transmission range isn't infinite. What I would do is just google "X Frequencies in Y" and compile your list.
>>
>>61801487
Does it have integrated video?
>>
>>61808699

I've been actually considering using Linux for a long time as well but all of the programs & vidya that I use on a daily basis are exclusive to windows...

Are there any good alternatives for this issue beyond dual-boot? I don't think running a VM of Windows on a linux machine at all times is smart, right?
>>
>>61808355
>>
>>61807957
That's not that bad of a price, a 4G stick might be cheaper but I don't think I've seen any for that cheap, shop around and see. Also with wifi you'll get better ping and alot more bandwidth.
>>
I want to buy this motherboard for my next home server.
My current one is an old re-purposed desktop that uses way more power than I need.
I just host samba, web server, openVPN, and every now and then a game server.

Anyways, it has nonstandard dimensions (148mm x 104mm), How do I find a case for it?
>>
>>61808841
Try Qubes OS.

it runs Xen, a type 1 hypervisor ontop of a linux kernel

everything is either a paravirtualization or a HVM.

You can run your linux AND your windows AT THE SAME TIME in an environment thats made to do just that

best of all you dont have to run an entire windows VM to do this. with paravirtualization you create a windows environment and can run a single app from windows whenever you want, without the difficulty of having a whole HVM running.

>https://www.qubes-os.org/
>https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/
>https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/windows-appvms/
>https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/hvm/
>>
File: firefox_2017-08-09_04-22-38.jpg (73KB, 931x747px) Image search: [Google]
firefox_2017-08-09_04-22-38.jpg
73KB, 931x747px
asdsd
>>
File: 2017-08-09_04-23-24.webm (50KB, 952x376px) Image search: [Google]
2017-08-09_04-23-24.webm
50KB, 952x376px
pls work
>>
File: is 4chanx broken.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
is 4chanx broken.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>
I'm getting ads on youtube with firefox and ublock origin.

I'm up to date with both of those, are there any special steps i can do to remove the ads?
>>
How do I fix 4chanX?
Just roll back?
>>
>>61809070
What's broken?

Working fine on my end
>>
>>61809076
webm upload
>>
>>61809086
Are you these posts?
>>61808954
>>61809033
>>61809053
Cause they are all working perfectly fine
>>
File: RAM.png (6KB, 636x152px) Image search: [Google]
RAM.png
6KB, 636x152px
Apparently I made a mistake installing 32bit OS on my 4GB RAM system. It ended up reserving 1GB RAM for whatever reason. I looked up google and tried both configuring msconfig and forcing PAE without success. Should I just install 64 bit OS instead?
>>
File: literally_why.png (638B, 100x45px) Image search: [Google]
literally_why.png
638B, 100x45px
Silly question here. Using ranger in urxvt, and when browsing, sometimes I accidentally do something that sets a colon in front of a folder name. I don't know what the colon means, so I have no idea how to even find out how I can remove it.

>pic related
>>
>>61809189
You need 64 bit to use it all properly.
>>
>>61809115
Thanks. I was retarded, I reset FF to get tree style tabs to work on 57 and forgot to sync ublock exceptions
>>
>>61809196
>100x45
>>
Is a $20 PSU a bad idea?
>>
>>61809254
If you have to ask...
>>
File: uMatrix.png (69KB, 542x598px) Image search: [Google]
uMatrix.png
69KB, 542x598px
>>61809058
Came here to ask about this. I have uBlock Origin and uMatrix, and whitelisting the things needed to allow the videos to play at all will also allow the ads to play. This is everything I have whitelisted in my regular setup (everything beneath is blocked).
>>
File: firefox_2017-08-09_04-52-36.jpg (4KB, 258x33px) Image search: [Google]
firefox_2017-08-09_04-52-36.jpg
4KB, 258x33px
How do I remove all this firefox address bar bullshit?
Those can't be removed by using the 'customize' option.
>>
>>61809267
umatrix is all you need

the ads are built in to the video streams.

youtube streams from the servers you have witelisted, your ok there.

not much you can do about ads if they are streamed along with the video from the same host.

the best you can do is just block 3rd party ads and redirections, which it looks likw you are doing.

also may as well block the css and image squares you have unblocked at the bottom in your image
>>
>>61809346
install gentoo
>>
How the FUCK can I get rid of msmpeng.exe.
It's taking up a shitton of ram and i've tried everything i've read to disable windows defender and the program and it's still running, i'm honestly considering just buying more ram so i can actually use my computer right now
>>
>>61809356
Huh. Seems like they've outplayed adblocking then. Someone much more tech-savvy than me has been telling me I need to just start downloading YT videos directly, this is probably a good excuse to do it.
>>
File: 212.png (820KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
212.png
820KB, 640x640px
ps a | grep poop

This will print the line that shows the grep process because grep checked against the command that started it. But how can this be? Wouldn't grep not start until ps already has all the processes?
>>
>>61808841
daily reminder pedos still get caught with linux, the only way to truly hide is not using the internet at all, but the fbi doesn't give a shit about your tentacle hentai anyway
>>
>>61809400
youtube-dl
>>
File: ksh.jpg (24KB, 260x346px) Image search: [Google]
ksh.jpg
24KB, 260x346px
Help me /g/uys. I need a new laptop under $1000 and I wanna install either Arch or Xubuntu for my dev projects. I want one with a good touchpad and keyboard. What should I buy ?
>>
>>61809400
yes, this will not download ads.
>>
>>61809445
almost any device thats doesnt have the words Apple, Mac, Microsoft or Surface in it will suffice
>>
>>61809405
First the shell creates the pipe, then it launches both processes with the output of "ps a" as the pipe and the input of "grep Poop" as the pipe. the order they're launched in is arbitrary. Never assume the first element runs first.
>>
File: this guys a faggot.gif (150KB, 618x439px) Image search: [Google]
this guys a faggot.gif
150KB, 618x439px
>>61809408
what the fuck did anons post have to do with pedos u sick fuck go back to sucking microsoft dick, shill
>>
>>61809372
Disable windows defender real time protection. Look in the windows settings somewhere for it.
>>
>>61809372
well,

you could install gentoo
>>
>>61803486
Just let him use yours. Make a guest channel.
>>
>>61809496
Thanks. Up until now I thought everything in a shell command was done left to right so I'm a bit mindblown to find this out.
>>
>>61803486
Use that really common WPS exploit to steal someone else's wifi and then give the password to him.
>>
>>61809631
its parsed just like any interpreted language.

the only delimiting is from the use of a semicolon
>>
>>61809212
>selects a tiny portion of the screen
>it comes out to 100x45
woah stop the presses

How about answering my question next time.
>>
>>61809696
not anon but I tried looking at your image to better understand whats going on.

its too tiny to discern anything useful
>>
why can windows not even have a tool that is powerful as grep?
>>
>>61809409
>>61809472
That was the what was recommended to me and it's working very easily, thank you.
>>
>>61809735
be the change you want to see in this world
>>
>>61809735
all of its money goes into spyware R&D
>>61808699
>no sed
>no grep
>no awk
>no dd
>no nano
>no vi
>no ip
>no iptables
>no mda5sum/shasum, etc...
>no man
the list is endless
>>
File: fair_enough.png (3KB, 546x115px) Image search: [Google]
fair_enough.png
3KB, 546x115px
>>61809714
Aight. Shot two.

Using ranger in urxvt, and when browsing, sometimes I accidentally do something that sets a colon in front of a folder name. I don't know what the colon means, so I have no idea how to even find out how I can remove it.

>pic related
>>
>>61809788
never used this but from reading github it says its interface is similar to vi.

if this is so, then try pressing the escape key and see if it removes the colon
>>
>>61809837
Nah, that doesn't do it. It had a command mode, invoked by HITTING colon, but the folder itself is marked with the colon, which is something else entirely. I'm totally at a loss here.
>>
>>61809788
If you hit ": with the file highlighted, you tagged it with a ':'. Try highlighting it and hit "ut" to untag it.
>>
File: Booster_Gold.jpg (232KB, 900x1369px) Image search: [Google]
Booster_Gold.jpg
232KB, 900x1369px
>>61809877
GOD BLESS YOU ANON!
>>
File: 1498206526012.jpg (72KB, 756x960px) Image search: [Google]
1498206526012.jpg
72KB, 756x960px
My stereo receiver has red/white line in inputs but my PC has the standard lime green/orange/light blue/etc. How do I connect them? Do I need an adapter to join the red/white into one 3.5mm or is there a better way?
>>
>>61802449
you can use notepad and g++ with sfml, or pretty much any c, or c++ library.

just have g++ know where the headers and libs are and know which flags you need to pass to it (which libs to link against, if you need -mwindows or not, etc).
>>
>>61809913
3.5mm to RCA cable.
>>
>>61809760
thankfully I installed cygwin
>>
>>61809913
If your receiver has optical/coaxial digital or HDMI in you may be able to use those too.
>>
>>61809966
My reciever has coaxial but my motherboard doesn't

>>61809949
Guess I'll look for one of these
>>
>>61809984
or a usb dac with external power input
>>
Anyone know some tutorials for Assembly? This language seems crazy to me, I want to know more about how it works.
>>
>>61810053
You'll need to tell people which processor you're working with to have any hope of getting pointers to good tutorials, anon.
>>
>>61810081
Goes to show how much I know about it
I think what I'm looking for is NASM assembly. That's Intel x86, right?
>>
Dunno if this is the right thread for this, but /mu/ isn't much help for devices: what's the best high-quality audio player that can use microSD cards without needing to sync to some iTunes shit? I've been downloading too much music for my faggot iPodâ„¢ Classic to handle, and the thing can't play FLAC anyway, so I was thinking I could just get some SD cards, load 'em up with music, and stick 'em in a secondary device
>>
>>61810093
nasm is indeed an assembler for x86

they have a pretty decent manual, and the intel docs for the opcodes, timings, etc are easily available through simple searches on google.

start 'small' and ignore all the vector and superscalar instructions.

if you know C, look at naive (no optimization) code that compilers produce (say, tcc, or gcc) to learn how some higher level concepts can translate.

you'll come to love the agner.org site

also, if you're on linux you'll have an easier time dealing with syscalls than on windows. but dos will be just as easy.

if you're set on windows, then maybe using MASM (microsoft's assembler) with all its macros are useful and very helpful for interacting with the win32api
>>
>>61805222
>songs
>not the list of best musical compositions
turbopleb
>>
Any 'youtube real cinema mode' lookalikes that doesn't break with tree style tabs?
>>
>>61810093
for NASM itself, hit their website http://www.nasm.us. For writing in assembly, look for "Programming from the Ground Up". All my assembly work was on TI DSPs not x86, so I can't offer too many other ideas for texts. Try a search for "x86 assembly tutorials" and follow the breadcrumbs.
>>
>>61810192
>>61810252
This is really useful, thanks
>>
>>61809189
64-bit might or might not help. That 1GB could be for your onboard video. Anyway why the fuck would you install a 32-bit OS in the year of our lord 2017?
>>
File: spec.png (24KB, 609x422px) Image search: [Google]
spec.png
24KB, 609x422px
>>61810378
I am running on a shitbox, man
Gonna sort things out and reinstall to 64bit this weekend
>>
>>61810403
Yeah 64-bit should help, though I would have thought PAE would do it too.
>>
File: bcd.png (56KB, 581x483px) Image search: [Google]
bcd.png
56KB, 581x483px
>>61810432
I tried enabling PAE with EasyBCD without success
Considering if using 64 bit unlocks that last 1GB RAM, even though the OS gonna takes 1.5GB I will still have more usable RAM than I currently I do
>>
>>61810473
>PAE w/EasyBCD.
Hmm. As I recall it's not that easy to set up PAE mode.
>>
Is there any way to convert a Linux BIOS+LVM+encrypted LUKS installation to UEFI+LVM+encrypted LUKS without any data loss?
>>
>>61810514
I looked up google and there's like millions ways to set it up. I will just go with 64bit window anyway
>>
>>61810473
just install 64bit os
amd new graphic driver doesnt support 32bit os
>>
File: 1457483946336.jpg (3MB, 3008x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1457483946336.jpg
3MB, 3008x2000px
I installed Https Everywhere on Firefox, I thought it automatically redirected to Https whenever possible and it does, except it seems to be based on a list of supported or rather known-to-not-break when using Https list. So this means sites not on that list do not automatically load on Https, I visit a few chans and stores that do support it but Https does not include them on their list and thus always load on normal https.

Question is: how can I force those sites to use https always as well? the extension doesnt seem to include an add sites option. Can I just simply install another addon alongside Https Everywhere like Https By Default?
>>
Hello friends

i just built my new computer and got it running
my question is, i'm using two hard drives. a small ssd for the OS and any important programs and a harddrive for everything else.

What should I do to set up this system? By default it wants to download and install stuff to the SSD. Is there some settings to dick with to change the defaults? any other recommended stuff to do for running two hard drives? I've only ever just used one at a time

thanks you're all wonderful people
>>
Why is /g/ being retarded and trying to boycott Google?
>>
>>61811058
because some anti-sjw at google sent out a manifesto and got fired for being a shithead to shitheads. framing your bias as right/left politics at your workplace is a recipe for getting shitcanned.
>>
>>61811058
bootnet
As in jackboots coming down the network and stomping on you.
That's right, google is the secret police of the internet.
>>
hello, /g/ tech support?

New PC can't connect to muh wifi. I installed a PCIe adapter, downloaded the driver from usb. It can connect to my phone hotspot, it shows my neighbours wifi (and their 5G) but my 5G won't show up. Putting the name in manually doesn't help.

All my other devices connect to it easily. Help me o/g/ wan kenobi.
>>
>>61808647
Planned obsolescence.
See why HP has never fixed BGA problems in their laptops since their G and DV4 series and shitty cooling when nobody else has this problem.
Same problem with Apple Macbooks GPUs.
>>
>>61809189
Reinstall windows.
>>
>>61811050
On windows, make a folder called downloads on your HDD, right click your downloads folder on your SSD, click properties, click location, and Point it to the folder you just made on your HDD. Do the same with your pictures and documents folder.

Also, when you install things, just change the install path to have a D at the beginning of it not a C. That makes sure it installs to the second drive. Install small programs that you want to be fast to your SSD, like chrome. And if you use steam, make sure to have it install games to the second drive.
>>
>>61811191
model name of the pcie wifi card?
model name of your wifi router?
whats the 5g wifi channel?
>>
>>61811317
>See why HP has never fixed BGA problems in their laptops since their G and DV4 series
This was pure nvidia problem, so I'm not sure what you're talking about, f@m.
Blame nvidia
>>
>>61811443
Happened with Nvidia, AMD APUs, AMD onboard, Intel chipsets.
Pretty much fucking everything that used balls.
This is still a problem with fucking Envy laptops, and casually this is not a problem with elitebooks.
>>
My screen turns off when I'm watching a film while a really dark scene is happening. How is it that feature called? I want to get rid of it.
>>
File: 1488684950808.png (768KB, 1280x1172px) Image search: [Google]
1488684950808.png
768KB, 1280x1172px
new friend here
is antivirus a meme?
Is free antivirus better and why?
>>
>>61811538
That's retarded lol. Just press buttons on your monitor until the menu language is Chinese and the colors and position are all wrong.
Alternatively, try turning up the brightness.
>>
>>61811050
In Windows 10 settings>system>storage>manage where things are stored. You can assign various folders and file totes too be stored in a designated driver party. Thank you.
>>
>>61810172
Sansa clip
>>
>>61800842
What does nonoko do?
>>
>>61811404
card is tp link TL-WDN4800, driver for windows 10 was taken from some thread about people having similar issues.

Router is Negear telstra gateway max (probably something more technical but I'm missing it)

5g channel is the same as the 2.4g but with -5G on the end.

I was able to connect to the 2.4g just now by pressing in the WPS button (the password wasn't working even though it was right). Still can't see the 5g.
>>
>>61811602
No.
No except malwarebytes, because they all suck trying to get you to buy their subscription
>>
>>61811611

Looked it up, apparently it's a power saving feature on mine and I can't disable it.
>>
>>61810711
anyone?
>>
>>61811823
https://www.eff.org/https-everywhere/faq#how-do-i-get-support-for-an-additional-site-in-https-everywhere
>>
>>61811602
Partly, Common Sense 2000 is the best antivirus there is but an antivirus can be useful in soem fringe cases.
Just use the free, built in Microsoft antivirus.
>>
I don't know if this is a stupid question, but is there a way to make firefox as smooth as google chrome? Somehow the firefox performance always feels lagging.
>>
File: IMG_0203.jpg (108KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0203.jpg
108KB, 1280x720px
>>61811961
>is there a way to make firefox as smooth as google chrome?
Just switch to chrome?
>>
I'm checking out Firefox Nightly 57 and on startup it disabled the extension Table2Clipboard since it is not multiprocess compatible. So I went to about:config and set "extensions.allow-non-mpc-extensions" to true and now it is no longer disabled, but still won't work, as in, it does not show up in the context menu. Anyone know what else I can try or an alternative add-on to copy tables that will work with the Nightly build?
>>
File: Untitled.png (35KB, 668x506px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
35KB, 668x506px
I see other people getting 70+ fps on high/ultra on overwatch with 1050s/ti
This is what I use and have to set everything to low and I still sometimes drop to ~50 fps whenever theres a bunch of shit going on.
What's the problem here?
>>
>>61812108
the A8-7650K is an APU, right?
make sure you're running the game with your 1050 Ti and not the integrated GPU
i'd guess there's something in your AMD settings to configure it.
>>
>>61812094
Fixed this myself. What I had to do was go into the Options menu and untick "Enable multi-process Nightly". I figured that's what I was already doing when I changed the entry in the about:config, but I had to change it in the options to get the extension to work. Not ideal, but what can you do.
>>
Are there any consumer hard disks available that outperform any SSD as an OS drive?
>>
So sometimes when I boot up my PC, everything will go on, lights etc, my monitor is on, but I dont get my boot screen, and have to hold the power button for a few secs, and then I reboot and it seems to work fine but it has to repair etc
What could the problem be? Is it easy to fix? I'm pretty retarded when it comes to some things with PC's
>>
>>61812143
How do i look at AMD settings?
>>
>>61812304
>but it has to repair etc
Elaborate?
>>
>>61812326
I mean when it boots up properly it says repairing files and partition etc
>>
>>61812335
You might have a shit hard drive. I'd backup anything important, reformat and reinstall the OS. If it persists then replace your hard drive.

Also if you're a Windowsfag use 7.
>>
>>61812267
>any SSD
yes
>any SSD you are actually going to buy
no
>>
>>61812108
There's no problem. It's called averages.
>>
>>61812406
Explain
>>
>>61812380
Thanks, I'll try that, it's only happened about 2 times withing the past few months, just worrying since my PC has been completely fine for the past 2 years
>>
>>61812422
Your average FPS will be 70+
>>
I really love Asian Girls, are there any compilations of Asians girls doing stuff that isn't porn?
I can't find much any on google that isn't porn.
>>
>>61812439
The hard disk might be failing. If it's going to shit you'll probably know well before it does. If it prompts you to do a disk check when it boots, let it .

Rather than rely on fate, back up anything important to a cheap thumb drive or something just in case.
>>61812505
No.
>>
Is scanning a website URL or file known to contain malware safe through "VirusTotal"? Does it work like an antivirus program but on their servers instead of on my computer?
>>
I have an SSD and a hormal HDD, as I'm sure is the standard for everyone now.

The HDD spins down after every few minutes of no use. When called again, it has to spin up for a few seconds before it does anything. I already have a task set to write a single letter to a .txt file on the drive every five minutes which has worked for ages but suddenly doesn't for some reason. How the fuck do I stop this piece of shit from powering itself down?
>>
>>61803486
if you want to help, and can spare some bandwidth, try making a filtered/throttled additional AP, such that he can't access your LAN or use (even accidentally) all your bandwidth
if you don't have much bandwidth or have a low limit, consider negotiating something where you both chip in to pay for a better plan which you can both use
>>
My wireless connection suddenly started shitting itself, what could be causing it?

It doesn't matter even if my phone is right next to the router, it just either won't load sites at all or takes forever to load. It seems like sometimes it works fine for a few seconds and then just stops working
>>
learn SQL and PL/SQL or backend java? which of those options would get me in a job faster?
>>
How in the fuck do I uninstall Creative Alchemy on windows 7? There's no uninstaller in the uninstall programs application.
>>
>>61813285
If its not malware, usually re-running the installer does the job.
>>
Why doesn't firefox's screenshot command take full page screenshot even with --fullpage in ubuntu?
>>
is it possible to decrypt mybb forum password?
>>
New
>>61813950
>>61813950
>>61813950
>>
File: ss+(2017-08-09+at+04.39.38).jpg (100KB, 1104x447px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-08-09+at+04.39.38).jpg
100KB, 1104x447px
Friend upgraded and gave me his old motherboard (pic related).

Which CPU should I get for it? Any cheap Xeons like socket 775?

Coming from an 8350.
Thread posts: 328
Thread images: 58

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.