[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>2017 >have to rely on random people on the internet just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: Lineage_OS_Logo.png (75KB, 1200x600px) Image search: [Google]
Lineage_OS_Logo.png
75KB, 1200x600px
>2017
>have to rely on random people on the internet just to keep your software up to date
holy fucking shit how is this fucking acceptable?
>>
It's embarrassing. I just love receiving updates for it with no change log.
Wish I just got google android with no gapps.
>>
>>61795812
>2017
>being cucked when Applel don't update your overpriced silicon wafer
>>
well, do you personally know the people who make any of your other software?
why is this a problem, but running linux on a desktop isn't? it's the same thing, software made by people you don't know, for hardware not explicitly designed for that specific software
>>
>>61795880
i use ubuntu so i know that canonical has made sure it has a high standard of quality
>>
>>61795907
how do you know? is it because canonical is a company? you would automatically trust a company over a group of developers not under the title of a company?
>>
>>61795924
because canonical is a business which means they have an incentive to make money by producing high quality software compared to hobbyists who have no incentive.
>>
>>61795907
>canonical
>high standard of quality

Pick one.
>>
>>61795948
the incentive for making good foss is that the software is being used by the developer(s) as well
with a for-profit company, the incentive is to make money, which doesn't explicitly mean making good quality software
each approach leads to different kinds of software though, with the former being aimed at devs or people who know what they're doing, since it was made for those people, while the latter is aimed at other people
>>
>>61795812
>have to rely on random people on the internet just to keep your software up to date
that's always true unless you write all your software
>>
File: kek.webm (259KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
kek.webm
259KB, 480x360px
>>61796012
>>
>be microsoft
>want to release updates so consumers stay up to date
>consumers fight against this by disabling updates

>be google
>want to release updates so consumers stay up to date
>qualcomm shits the bed every 18 months
>consumers decline updates because waiting 5 mins to reboot is 'too much work'
>create faster updating method
>it's completely optional because "don't want to force anything on anyone!!! They might get mad!!!!!"

>be apple
>you will accept this update or your phone will fucking rot bitch
>all is fine

what happened to tech?
>>
>>61796250
>>be apple
>>you will accept this update or your phone will fucking rot bitch
>>all is fine

don't you mean;
>update my phone? doesn't that just make it slow? i just buy a new one every year
>>
>>61796284
That only applies to poorfags.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.