[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Chrome is the most popular browser by a lot. How did Google convince

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 4

File: google chrome.png (199KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
google chrome.png
199KB, 1280x960px
Chrome is the most popular browser by a lot. How did Google convince the normies use it instead of the browsers that come with their computers?
>>
>>61792918
Internet Explorer sucked. Lacked a lot features andHTML standards. Edge came too late. Firefox looks and feels outdated. People who switch from PC to Mac stick with Chrome because they don’t want to try Safari and are used to Chrome.
>>
They bundled it with every popular software. They also used banner ads on popular websites to brainwash normies that it'll run better in Chrome.
>>
This website runs best on Google® Chrome™
>>
File: brittany venti 1502139463435.jpg (345KB, 1524x2048px) Image search: [Google]
brittany venti 1502139463435.jpg
345KB, 1524x2048px
>>61792918
>Chrome is the most botnet browser by a lot.

Fixed it for you so that it contains 100% more truthiness.
>>
>>61792996
also, some people would actually believe that 'chrome shows 30% more of the internet!' because of all toolbars on their internet explorer and they'd swear by that
>>
>>61792918
It's easy to advertise when you control the world's largest search engine.
>>
>>61792918
They made a good web browser, duh.
>>
>>61793100
I had a girlfriend that looked like brittany once we used to fuck like rabbits. I could never cum in her though, had to keep offspring pure, so she would suck me off instead. I left her for a white princess that gained 150lbs and only wants to fuck once a month. Kids are white though...
>>
>>61792989
>Firefox looks and feels outdated.
what, if anything, does this complaint even mean.
>>
Billions of dollars in free advertising- they can put banners on some of the worlds most popular websites which they own.
>>
>>61793258
Normies see FireFox as an old piece of software. It usually is worse than the other browsers performance wise. It does not have an ecosystem like Chrome and OS specific browsers. It lacks a few features modern browsers have. The UI looks big and sluggish. And if any of these are wrong now, normies recall this from the last time they used FireFox, years ago.
>>
>>61792918
>Majority (above 80%) of people used Google as a search engine.
>Google starts recommending chrome because "it's faster". Since this is still the era of slow internet people desperately want a faster experience.
>People buy into it and download it. Some users actually downloaded it by accident through apps which bundle chrome (CCleaner)
>Even if only 1/4 of Google's users downloaded it it would still mean 20% market share. The rest will follow verbal shilling because a lot of people used internet explorer which was the shittiest browser, and they will definitely switch to chrome now since other browsers couldn't be advertised as much.
>Android gets made and Google makes chrome the default there as soon as possible. Google services explode in userbase.

Google is the biggest internet ad company. They can popularize anything they want.
>>
>>61793100
It's not a botnet, chrome's like a fishing net they just gather alot of information from you

They're obsessed with marketing data and UX
>>
>>61793204
Ok, your kids would've looked white enough, enjoy your landwhale.
>>
Edge is still terrible and has the worst font rendering of any web browser in existence

Safari fucks with some streaming/chat websites and doesn't have embedded WebM support

And most linux distros come with Firefox. Why would you use Firefox? It's slow and everytime they add a feature it's precisely the kind of shit that you don't want from other browsers. All that while remaining slow and inefficient.
>>
The only incentive Firefox had was the ability to fully customize the UI and some extensions
>>
>>61793650
>Firefox is slow
This meme is outdated.
>>
>>61792918
I started using chrome because you can get all passwords stored in any computer once you log in on your email.
>>
>>61792918
By being better? They also killed Firefox when they stopped funding Mozilla
>>
>>61793675
Firefox can do this too. So can Opera, Yandex and a few other browsers.
>>
it's been 8 years since Chrome was released and Firefox still requires a restart to install addons

this is why Chrome won
>>
What's the best Chrome alternative for wincucks?
>>
>>61793824
there isn't one, pretty much anything that's not Firefox is a Chrome skin
>>
>>61793824
Getting a Mac and using Safari.
>>
>>61792918
chrome is cancer. normies are cancer 1+1=2
>>
Might be botnet but Chrome's approach to simplicity in a web browser and the easy way of adding extensions were revolutionary, just see fucking MS edge, taking a lot of ideas from google.

The main reasons tho...

IE was hated almost universally and all it took was a company that wasn't hated at the time and one with a lot of muscle in the ad world. Firefox just couldn't compete.

Chrome is king because people are now married to it and general users don't know nor care of google being a botnet because they don't have a loli folder in their computers...
>>
File: radeontop.png (7KB, 736x338px) Image search: [Google]
radeontop.png
7KB, 736x338px
>>61792918
>convince

In my case it's the speed that did it.

Firefox has made some progress in multi-threading with the latest versions but it's still not that fast and responsive.

Chrome/Chromium was designed to have each tab and window be it's own process, Firefox has dragged ancient single-threaded code along for years and years.

There is no arguing if Chrome has had the advantage or not for a long time. Try to open two windows in Firefox with something JavaScript-intensive and a third one at the same time and try using that third one for anything. It will be extremely slow in any version of firefox prior to 52 or when-ever they finally rewrote it. And it's still not great.

If you have ten windows in Chrome for that matter then the'll all be their own process and not slow other windows down.

I actually tried really hard to use Firefox before switching to Chrome. What I would do was to use firefox --profile-manager and start a new Firefox profile and process so I could have one firefox showing a window updating things using javascript and actually use the browser at the same time. Inconvenient because they won't share settings and bookmarks but it was a required workaround. Finally I just switches to Chrome.

These days I'm finally looking into Firefox again due to the massive memory-leaks in Chrome, specially on the GPU side. Right now I'm trying Firefox for a bit and it's using 1.4GB GPU RAM, Chrome having the same things open uses about 4.4 GB after 1 hour.
>>
>>61793824
Opera, Firefox/Nightly, Brave.
>>
>>61793904
>/thread
>>
>>61793907
i read that opera was sold to a chinese investor group. is it still really better than chrome?
>>
>>61793944
Yes. Because Chinese botnet is better than American botnet. The only other alternative is firefox.
>>
File: Google_homepage_nexus_after.png (61KB, 836x430px) Image search: [Google]
Google_homepage_nexus_after.png
61KB, 836x430px
>>61792918
>>
>>61793815
>Firefox still requires a restart to install addons
Chrome addons work without restart
>>
>>61794509
>quotes a post about Firefox to say something about Chrome

did I miss something?
>>
>>61794536
Replace chrome addons with web extentions...
>>
>>61794553
I still don't see your point. Just assume I'm retarded and spell it out for me. How does this relate to Firefox?
>>
>>61794571
You can install web extensions (most of the big ones are from chrome) now on firefox without restart
>>
>>61793594
You just described what a botnet is.
>>
People tend to dismiss its success because of the ads Google runs for it on YouTube and Googe. While that's true, it also ignores the fact that Chrome was also actually really good. It was legitimately very fast with a clean design that did what a web browser needs to do well first and foremost: display websites.
>>
>>61793258
you're just being contrarian. firefox has been one of the shittiest browsers ever since 2010
>>
>>61794757
It's been getting better every year

They're even open sourcing the pocket botnet now that they've bought the company behind it
>>
>>61792918
It's fast.
>>
>>61794509
No it doesn't. At least for any of the addons I use.
>>
>>61793369
You sounds like a normie.
>>
>>61795521
Meant for >>61793815
>>
>>61794707
this

been using it since 2008 when it came out
whether on a phone or shitty computer or something blazing fast, Chrome wins
Opera's a close second
>>
>>61793673
Firefox is outdated.
>>
>>61792918

>webm support
>had its own secure flash for years and still does
>individual processes for every tab and addon
>>
>>61795521
>At least for any of the addons I use.
good for you
>>
>>61793100
She's like thiccer than I thought, her body is the only really nice thing though
>>
>>61792918

They also did tons of billboard advertising and that. Used to be one on my local train station
>>
>>61794493
Y U P
>>
>>61793518
>Android gets made and Google makes chrome the default there as soon as possible
Nope.

(Stock) Android had/has its own browser. And usually whatever garbage skin an OEM slaps on top of Android has its own browser too
>>
>>61792918
"why does firefox use weird fonts and they're pixelated" -sister

"firefox crashes too much" -dad

Mother uses IE, kek.
>>
>>61795553
outdated compared to what? what feature does firefox not have?
>>
>>61797609
As soon as possible != immediately
>>
>>61795529
Rekt
>>
They paid Adobe to package it with flash + spam people nonstop about it in Google ecosystem. It's a miracle that Firefox has any marketshare left at all.
>>
>>61793204
>had to keep offspring pure

You do not pass the one-drop rule, and neither does anyone else.
>>
By shilling that chrome was faster.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.