[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Google Fires Employee Behind Controversial Diversity Memo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 372
Thread images: 33

File: Google_2015_logo.svg.png (42KB, 1200x406px) Image search: [Google]
Google_2015_logo.svg.png
42KB, 1200x406px
http://archive.is/WX8VE
>Alphabet Inc.’s Google has fired an employee who wrote an internal memo blasting the web company’s diversity policies, creating a firestorm across Silicon Valley.
>James Damore, the Google engineer who wrote the note, confirmed his dismissal in an email, saying that he had been fired for "perpetuating gender stereotypes." A Google representative didn’t immediately return a request for comment.
>Google’s Chief Executive Officer Sundar Pichai sent a note to employees on Monday that said portions of the employee’s memo "violate our Code of Conduct and cross the line by advancing harmful gender stereotypes in our workplace." But he didn’t say if the company was taking action against the employee.
>Damore’s 10-page memorandum accused Google of silencing conservative political opinions and argued that biological differences play a role in the shortage of women in tech and leadership positions. It circulated widely inside the company and became public over the weekend, causing a furor that amplified the pressure on Google executives to take a more definitive stand.
>After the controversy swelled, Danielle Brown, Google’s new vice president for diversity, integrity and governance, sent a statement to staff condemning Damore’s views and reaffirmed the company’s stance on diversity. In internal discussion boards, multiple employees said they supported firing the author, and some said they would not choose to work with him, according to postings viewed by Bloomberg News.
>The memo and surrounding debate comes as Google fends off a lawsuit from the U.S. Department of Labor alleging the company systemically discriminates against women. Google has denied the charges, arguing that it doesn’t have a gender gap in pay, but has declined to share full salary information with the government. According to the company’s most recent demographic report, 69 percent of its workforce and 80 percent of its technical staff are male.
>>
>>61789629
Sad!
>>
>>61789629
Its against their code of conduct so alphabet can do what they want.
I would in agree with the memo but spreading those opinions around would dishearten talented women in to applying
>>
I actually thought Google would use this opportunity to shed some of the insane diversity-hires that were calling for his head. Refusing to work, calling for violence, sending death threats, threatening to quit... should have just let them do it.
>>
Jesus what a fucking idiot. Now he will pretty much never be able to get a job at any public company ever again.
>>
>>61789682
based retardbro
>>
>>61789681
Bullshit
>>
>>61789681
>agree with the memo
without a shred of scientific proof to back it up. but hey, since when do biases need proof?
>>
>okay guys, an employee is concerned that it's not safe to hold conservative viewpoints within our company. how do we react?

>fire him for holding conservative viewpoints

>brilliant
>>
Funny how the guy was right about pretty much everything he wrote.
Especially the part about that other views will not be tolerated.
He should've posted the memo anonymously, instead of publicly, because now, just like >>61789704 said, he's fucked for life.
>>
>>61789629
Didn't the memo start by saying that the author agrees with diversity? What are they firing the guy for? Not agreeing enthusiastically enough?
>>
>>61789723
>original memo cites several sources
>liberal media circulates memo stripped of citations
>libtards eat it up and don't even bother to look for the original memo unmolested by their corrupt shovel-feeders
>>
File: 1478315985716.png (462KB, 640x687px) Image search: [Google]
1478315985716.png
462KB, 640x687px
>>
>conservative
James might be able to shed some light on the Hillary Clinton autosuggest cleansing, and other Democratic shenanigans.
>>
>>61789704
He's a martyr. He can easily get a horde of conservative supporters behind him to raise funds for him to live off of
>>
File: 1117277443.jpg (144KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
1117277443.jpg
144KB, 900x675px
>>61789629
And that's why Apple will win in the end, I was told they're pretty conservative (marketing team is liberal tho)

Without political diversity, Google will slowly stumble down in a liberal hell, until they get fucked by competition. That will take a few years since they're basically a monopoly by now, but eventually that will end.

Juicero is basically what Google is becoming.
>>
>>61789704
He wanted to get fired, no one would post that for any other reason. He'll get hired again. No biggie.
>>
>>61789872
>I was told they're pretty conservative
By who?
>>
>>61789872
Told by who? The marketing team? Gtfo with that bullshit, they're not conservative.
>>
>>61789897
My dad works at Nintendo
>>
>>61789704

Nope. There is just too much demand for devs throughout America and outside of California and Jew York literally no one cares about SJW bullshit or even pays attention
>>
>>61789902
>>61789897
I knew a few interns, they told me the marketing team is liberal and pretty much everything else is conservative.
I'm not even sure if they're allowed to tell people that, they're very restrictive on what you can say etc.
>>
>>61789872
They're all SJW cucks. Ultimately SV shedding its meritocratic culture will just have them handing over their market share to Chinese owned companies. Quality will degrade to chinkshit tier, except you're paying American prices for the labor of non productive SJWs.
>>
>>61789984
As long as they don't go around posting "manifestos" they'll be fine.
>>
>>61789999
>They're all SJW cucks
source?
>>
He knew what he was doing. And Google was able to show the world they'll stand up for diversity even if it means firing bigoted white men with ugly noses. Everyone is happy.
>>
>>61789999
Quads of the eventual truth. Our best bet for competing is to bring China to our level of absurd politics.
>>
>>61789999
wasted quads
>>
File: 1501790998095.gif (489KB, 497x373px) Image search: [Google]
1501790998095.gif
489KB, 497x373px
It really is a shame that Microsoft is out of the mobile world. I've been pretty sick of Google for quite a while and the only option is Apple of all companies.

Not that I give a fuck enough about this to switch because of this, I just would like another option.
>>
>>61789629
>vice president for diversity
Jesus murphey
>>
>>61789843
Yep. Google is playing right into his hands by condemning his memo and firing him, actually. They're doing exactly what makes them look like what he accuses them of being.
>>
File: 1501231103584.png (66KB, 250x273px) Image search: [Google]
1501231103584.png
66KB, 250x273px
>Fire talented employee because he wrote that he believes he can't share his opinions

I can't wait for Google to go the Yahoo way in a year or two. Are you all ready to use Bing instead?
>>
>>61789629
When in their business, do you care more about quality or do you care more about nonsensical bullshit in an effort to appease everyone.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--3V7LjZN_o

I so want this to happen again. We need a good purging. A cleansing of the Western mind.
>>
File: publicunion.png (23KB, 995x563px) Image search: [Google]
publicunion.png
23KB, 995x563px
>>61789999
just wait until silicon valley becomes publicly owned (some already is)
>>
>>61789629
That is certainly not going to cause any problems or prove anybody right.

No, not at all
>>
>>61789629

While he's right, and he proved his point when they fired him, he's still a tard. Make your money at goog and get out silently, don't put a target on your back.
>>
Google is officially fascist organization lmao.
>>
>>61789704
This guy could easily find a job here in Michigan within the auto industry. Plenty of moderate/conservative male engineers who would sympathize with this guy and hire him on the spot because of this stunt, and skills too.

Also, not many women engineers (especially female software engs) join the car companies because "lol cars are such stupid guy things. I want to work for google/facebook instead!", which would hire them solely cause of gender (as this guy rightly proves).
>>
>>61789629
>Sundar Pichai
>>
File: 1357324169571.jpg (135KB, 550x450px) Image search: [Google]
1357324169571.jpg
135KB, 550x450px
>>61789629
>company fighting a gender discrimination lawsuit
>hey let's send out an ebin redpilled memo about how women are born shit at programming
>>
>>61790764
>Make your money at goog and get out silently

This guy had extensive credentials and experience. Do you really think he would pull some stupid stunt like this if he wasn't prepared for the consequences? He probably has $10-15 million stashed in various accounts by now. He could easily retire in a VERY nice suburban neighborhood today. It's called "fuck you" money for a reason.
>>
>>61790805
i really don't think a googler is worrying much about money
>>
>>61790858
>He probably has $10-15 million stashed in various accounts by now.
I think you overestimate how much engineers make, even at Google.
>>
Damore and Kaepernick should become roommates and make a reality TV show.
>>
>>61790858

If that's the case then I applaud him for making a stand. I don't disagree with anything you said.
>>
So... what you're saying is the entire US tech industry is highly vulnerable and you could make the entire thing burn itself down with just a well-placed poke?

Or, hell. You could poach all the good prospects they let slip through in the name of diversity and leave companies like Google as shadows in the past as you take everything from them. And if anyone tries the same shit with your company you set them on fire and throw them out the door as an object lesson to the next fuck-up.
>>
>>61790023
A small percentage of Whackjobs are happy, more and more moderates will move to the right because of this, I'd know, I was one of them.
>>
>>61790893
kek'd
>>
File: 1492248236272.jpg (120KB, 789x691px) Image search: [Google]
1492248236272.jpg
120KB, 789x691px
If the roles were reversed here and it was a liberal that was fired from a conservative company, all you retarded /pol/faggots would immediately claim that the employee was working for a private company, and freedom of speech only protects you from the government, not any other consequences.

Funny how when a republicuck gets in trouble it's because of the "suppressive left" or because the left is somehow "pro censorship".

But at the end of the day it feels damn goog being a liberal and knowing the most wealthy, intelligent people are also liberals.
Bill gates, Warren Buffett, Jeff bezos, mark Zuckerberg, etc. Even America's largest corporations are heavily liberal, such as Alphabet, Amazon, apple, Microsoft, etc.
It's no coincidence that a majority of right Winters are uneducated poor farmers doing unskilled work.
>>
>>61790792
All Americans corporations have revealed themselves for the Commie Fascists they Are
>>
File: Colin-Kaepernick[1].jpg (1MB, 2104x2777px) Image search: [Google]
Colin-Kaepernick[1].jpg
1MB, 2104x2777px
>>61790974
Someone call for me?
>>
>>61790974
Did you even read the thread or are you too busy eating your own shit?
>>
>>61790974
Nobody is complaining about Google essentially proving his point you retard
>>
>>61790974
Thanks for outing yourself, lefty faggot,
You'd fit in better here >>>/Reddit/
>>
>>61790974
How does it feel knowing the future will have tech companies run by hipsters with dyed hair and fashion-glasses running an executive diversity council while anyone with actual field expertise and technical knowledge will effectively be seen as an underclass?

People will be chased out of the industry because some fop will decide their code is misogynistic.
>>
>only source of the claim that Damore's been fired for "perpetuating gender stereotypes" is Damore himself
>who wrote a 10 page "memorandum" containing his political opinions to share with his colleagues who no doubt were eagerly waiting for him to share his views
So he's "that guy."
>>
File: 1479711787052.jpg (60KB, 348x342px) Image search: [Google]
1479711787052.jpg
60KB, 348x342px
>>61791023
>Telling me to leave because you disagree with my opinion
>turns around and berates Google for doing the same thing
So this... is the power of the right?
>>
>>61790071
Yea my next phone will probably be a Windows phone. At least Microsoft makes products, that's how they make money.

Google doesn't make products. Without user data gathering Google would be finished.
>>
I feel bad for the guy but he HAD to have seen this coming. Part of his memo mentioned that anything outside the echo chamber is silenced, and exactly that happened.
>>
>>61791051
have oyu even read the article?
>>
>>61791061
You faggots have infested every corner of the internet, there's other places for your kind :)
>>
>>61790974
It's not that somebody got fired for speaking their mind, it's that their entire career has effectively been destroyed for speaking their mind. The media won't let go of this for a week and this man will never live it down.
If the roles were reversed the person would be praised as a fucking war hero and invited to the white house.
>>
I interviewed at google last year. Now I know I didn't get the job due to my gender and skin color, so that's nice.
>>
>>61791051
It wasn't about his political opinions, it was the political biases that exist at Google that he wrote about.
>>
>>61791087
>Invited to the white house
Not with the God emperor in the oval office
>>
>>61791078
Have you? It clearly refuses to confirm that the firing was due to some gender stereotype nonsense. Chances are he was an annoying paranoid type who constantly accused people of hating him for having redpilled views and everyone wanted him out.
>>
>>61790813
>Yfw a literal street shitter leads google.
>>
>>61789704
Wrong. He'll be snapped up instantly by a promising startup, or quietly join another public company in a few months with a CEO who can defend his hiring. Assuming he needs to work at all (he's fairly senior, and if he's like me, financially independent after so much time in industry).
>>
I'm not sure what would compel you to create this and circulate it at work. Talk about annoying.
>>
>>61791087
>if the roles were reversed the person would be praised as a fucking war hero
And rightly so, because diversity (when not forced) is objectively superior to a homogenous workplace.
>>
>>61791116
>Google’s Chief Executive Officer Sundar Pichai sent a note to employees on Monday that said portions of the employee’s memo "violate our Code of Conduct and cross the line by advancing harmful gender stereotypes in our workplace."
>>
>>61791139
You see the thing is damore was also arguing for diversity, intellectual Diversity.
>>
So basically a guy decided to become a /pol/ meme instead of hiding his power levels.
>>
>>61791143
>But he didn’t say if the company was taking action against the employee.
>>
>>61791172
And yet he has been fired. Ain't that a kicker?
>>
>>61791180
Which could have been for a number of reasons, or a combination of reasons, most of which wouldn't have elicited a public response.
>>
File: 1502162027286.png (29KB, 813x130px) Image search: [Google]
1502162027286.png
29KB, 813x130px
>>61791166

>/pol/ meme

Here is a sample of the violent rhetoric Google fired this far-right extremist for.
>>
>>61791166
Not even remotely close. The author of the little document is entirely lefty, hes just a somewhat rational lefty. All of the accusations being hurled against him are false. He openly states he is pro diversity, and thinks that they need more of it.
He just made the mistake of thinking that left rhetoric about tolerance was true. He paid the price for it.
>>
>>61791190
And yet the CEO of Google literally said that he violated the Code of Conduct.
>>
>>61791195
Literally Hitler
>>
>>61791124
And he'd find a way to isolate and ostracize himself there by constantly telling people about how woke he is, and making imaginary enemies and conspiracies against him. I know the type.
>>
>>61789872
If that's true, Apple will hire him for sure
>>
>>61791166
It's actually pretty tame and not insane. What I read about it read about it in the news stories led me to believe it would be.
>>
>>61789999
No, they aren't all SJW cucks. It's just that SJW cucks are like ISIS, it only takes a small minority of them to cause destruction.
Chinkshit will always be chinkshit. Google will have its lunch eaten by a more thirsty competitor less interested in signalling, or it will change internally. It should've kept the guy as a message to SJW cucks that their fundamentalism would not be tolerated. Every single person who would quit over that memo would save Google millions.
>>
>>61789681
> he doesn't know corporate CoCs exist to be arbitrarily enforced
>>
>>61791210
>being this much of a butthurt Commie faggot
lol
>>
>>61791206
>correlation is causation
>>
>>61791210
He's not some nutjob like Michael O' Church who writes epic screeds just to rustle people's jimmies.

He attempted to actually improve his company's diversity policy, some sheboon middle manager probably felt their job security was being threatened and thus terminated him
>>
>>61791195

>implying tech is alpha
>ok pencil neck go back to your basememt
>>
>>61791124
According to this Linkedin page, he was a Senior Software Engineer after working at Google for only <4 years. He definitely has what it takes to make it elsewhere, which reflects poorly on Google for ditching someone who has proven themselves to be an asset to the company just because sent an internal memo discussing the biases that exist, and issues with the current programs in place.
>>
His name was James Damore.
#rememberdamore
>>
I knew this guy at college. He was basically a 1488 tier /pol/fag. I'm surprised he went so long without blowing off.
>>
>>61790850
the memo didn't say that, dipshit
>>
>>61791242
I'm not claiming that it is. I'm saying that it is (1) a reasonable assumption considering that several top-ranking Google executives have come out and said that he violated CoC and (2) that you were wrong when you said he is the only one claiming he was fired for this supposed violation, given that he has only confirmed that he was fired, not given a reason. You made the (incorrect) assumption that Demore made the same assumption you're accusing me of making.
>>
>>61791264
damn guess he'll only be making 200k press F to pay respects
>>
>>61790877
No, he really doesn't. Most of my senior coworkers are millionaires. I'm 35 and worth $3.5M, stashing it away until I can go out with a bang like him. It's not a stretch that a very senior Googler is a deca-millionaire.
>>
>>61791306
>James Damore, the Google engineer who wrote the note, confirmed his dismissal in an email, saying that he had been fired for "perpetuating gender stereotypes."
You misread the article, then.
>>
>>61791291
You know that the political Left is on the verge of its absolute permanent death when rabid cultists try to characterize a Jewish cuck SJW as being a Nazi because hes actually serious about inclusion being about everyone.

The future is going to swing so hard right it'll never go back. The Left just gets more and more insane with every minute they spend on twitter.
>>
>>61791264
It's not about actual job performance. Anymore anon, it's about Idealogical Subversion, I really don't understand how literal communists have infiltrated our elite class.
>>
>>61791323
He's worked for like 3 years there.
>>
>>61791071
Do they make phones still? Last time I saw them they wanted premium money for their phones and that's just not happening.
>>
>>61790974
The fun fact is that if the roles were actually reversed, you would be the one who bitch about it
>>
>>61791210
I'm sorry that you're retarded.
>>
>>61790974
Read the Unabomber's manifesto if you want some insight about yourself. He describes you perfectly and he wrote it in 80s and 90s.
>>
>>61789872
>apple is secretly conservative guys
only /pol/ could be this dumb
>>
File: 1491229279656.gif (900KB, 480x336px) Image search: [Google]
1491229279656.gif
900KB, 480x336px
>>61791079
anime website
Also, not an argument
>>
>>61791421
I want to make her gag on my 3 inch, phimosis cock
>>
File: Literally Hitler.jpg (18KB, 466x531px) Image search: [Google]
Literally Hitler.jpg
18KB, 466x531px
>>61791331
Pic related: This is the techno bigot in question. Just look into his eyes, he obviously wants AI to carry out a Holocaust. You can totally tell hes alt-right. I'm pretty sure his linkdin profile proves hes in the KKK. A very reliable anonymous source saw him in a tattoo shop getting a swastika tattoo.
How could google have ever employed such a hate monger?
>>
>>61791347
Senior level people at google make around 250k to 400k a year.
>>
>>61789629
>worker complains about people with different opinions getting silenced
>gets fired for it
Like pottery.
>>
>>61789629
Meanwhile the "director of diversity" was spewing shit out of her mouth.
>>
>>61789629

I'm surprised it took so long, those likes were screaming for blood.

That said this guy will surely sue them and make millions.
>>
>>61791484
I'm intrigued how you think he could possibly win a case.
Google has a code of conduct that he clearly violated. Whether or not you agree with his opinions, the fact remains that he violated the terms of his contract with his employer.
>>
>>61791331
>the future is gonna swing hard right

>European far right in France, Austria, Netherlands and others all lost hard and collapsed into infighting
>Trump has the worst poll numbers of any modern president
>>
>>61791500
>far right is France
Fucking kek'd
>>
>>61791331
yeah because everyone wants to live in right wing mudhuts like you
>>
>>61791525
>>61791446

t. asshurt liberal, a simple memo is the earthquake of liberals, the fake dream is collapsing finally
>>
>>61789629
That guy became a nuisance for the company, good riddance
Don't bring your controversial political views into the workplace, rule #1
>>
>>61791553
Yeah you believe whatever you want to believe buddy.
>>
>>61789629
It's a /pol9k/ gets fired episode
>>
>>61789704
I am sure Trump would be 110% OK with hiring this guy.
>>
>>61791571
>>61791580
(You)
now GTFO
>>
>>61791571
....Unless you are a communist.
>>
>America is so fucked that you can't even have your own opinion
You guys are laughables
>>
>>61791605
its impressive how fucking brainwashed are Americans right now
>>
>>61790974
> Weeb
> Shitpost
> Thinks these corps are actually liberal and not just held hostage by a small minority of SJWs
Stay in your basement kiddo.
>>
File: cold war unicorns.jpg (49KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
cold war unicorns.jpg
49KB, 400x300px
>>61791602
Being a open unironic commie will probably limit your career options especially in the defense sector
>>
>>61791602
>implying that sjew idpol neoliberalism has anything at all to do with communism
Your bait smells like your mother's crotch. Can you wash it please?

>>61791605
The most free slaves on earth.
>>
>>61791500
>I have no idea what I'm talking about at all
Le Pen was not far right, not even close. Le Pen and Macron are only a few hairs apart, their only real differences are in rhetoric. Le Pen still managed about 34% of the vote and cemented the groundwork for more populist candidates being legitimized in France. Besides Macron isn't your ally. Not even close.

Wilders didn't lose anything, and saying so shows your laughable ignorance of world politics. A few years ago PVV was the third largest party in the country, now they're the second. They didn't lose anything, they simply didn't become the majority. You don't understand anything.

All over Europe Nationalist movements are growing exponentially. Years past candidates like these never would have been put in front of a camera at all, but they managed to become staples in the mainstream media, and the next elections will be even bigger. Not only are these soft civic nationalist movements growing but ethno nationalists movements are growing all over the US, Canada, and Europe. The average person is seeing how utterly insane the left is, and these nationalists are being made to seem ever more reasonable.

The left itself is ensuring that they're purged from politics forever.

>>61791525
This is why you keep losing, zealot.
>>
>>61789704
That's right. Don't you dare speak up or we'll ruin your life too hahaha hahaha.
>>
>>61789629
"Multiple employees said they supported firing the author" Of course they said this so they could keep their jobs.
>>
File: 1488278376685.jpg (60KB, 385x370px) Image search: [Google]
1488278376685.jpg
60KB, 385x370px
>>61791628
>weeb
anime website
>shitpost
not an argument
>held hostage by a small minority of SJWs
Yeah sure. By minority you mean the founders and board right?
(^:
>>
>>61790974
It's hilarious isn't it?
>>
>>61791628
>held hostage
Oh no, corporations ARE actually liberal, in the economic sense, and social liberalism isn't really left of center either. sjews are, aside from those who are directly part of the bourgeoisie, useful idiots for liberal corporations in that they help obfuscate the common identity of proletarian worker and thereby prevent people from acting en masse on it.
>>
>>61791498
What did he say that violates his contract because I just don't see how anything in that memo could be considered a CoC violation
>>
>>61791061
> Getting asked to leave an anonymous scuba diving antique equipment forum
> Equivalent to a senior engineer being fired from Google
>>
>>61791669
It violated my (feminine) coc.
>>
>>61791673
Difference in scale, but the principle is identical
>>
>>61791677
lel
>>
>>61791637
>left
I don't recall that Melenchon did all that well, but I don't particularly trust right-wing governments to count the votes correctly when the entire superstructure that supports their position in society is at stake.
>>
>>61791139
Why? I thought men and women are equally capable in every way? You sound pretty misogynistic tbqhf
>>
So is it true, just like there are physical differences between men and women due to sexual dimorphism, that there are also differences of the brain, brought on by genetics and/or differences in hormonal levels during development, etc? If testosterone and being a biological male makes you permanently stronger physically, isn't it also possible it makes you have a superior brain? Why isn't this discussed when the topic of equality is in question?
>>
>>61791669
There is probably some vague bullshit clause about not offending or making anyone feel unwelcome, which is entirely up to the discretion of the higher ups of when to enforce.
>>
I heard on the news the guy that got fired was a serial rapist, good thing Google took action.
>>
File: 1358120765264.png (196KB, 520x367px) Image search: [Google]
1358120765264.png
196KB, 520x367px
>agree to arbitrary code of conduct and other rules when you get apply and get hired for a job
>break them
>whine on the internet when you get fired for breaking them
really induces an activated state of being in the old almond, doesn't it? I guess it's his own fault for signing on the dotted line. Everyone knows what kind of work-culture Google has, and if you didn't want to be a part of it you shouldn't have joined it.
>>
>>61791706
he hasn't whined on the internet for being fired, yet.
>>
>>61791701
fair enough i guess

i wish google would just come out and say why specifically, just so we know exactly where they stand. not that i expect them to do that of course
>>
So where;s the memo?
>>
>>61791271
Yeah, I knew him too, I interviewed him when he applied at Nintendo.
>>
>>61791713
You're right, it's just everyone else whining when he was justifiably fired. Please imagine that the face in the reaction image is being directed to them instead and we're all good.
>>
>>61791738
Are you my dad?
>>
>>61791734
Giving a clear reason why you terminated someone opens up the potential for the relevant party to refute the claim in a wrongful termination suit.
They won't ever make an official comment on that.
>>
In your country you can fire someone because of his opinions? In my country it's unconstitutional.
>>
File: bait.gif (9KB, 363x323px) Image search: [Google]
bait.gif
9KB, 363x323px
If you work for a company with a full Christian CEO and management I'd expect you'd get fired too if you publicly fedora tipped as a "company name employee" instead of privately
>>
>>61790071
I still have a lumia 550, i still love the interface and functions and always wondered what is it like using the 950 series. It wasn't good before but updates after updates the pajeets kinda fixed lots of stuff from responses to camera focus speed. But i used my lumia in door for wifi posting tho, my main is still samsung.
>>
>>61791755
I'm thankful I don't live in your shithole of a """"""country""""""
>>
>>61789629
I've been offline three days. Where can I find the memo?
>>
>>61791769
You just got fired.
>>
lol fucking lefties are baiting hard
>>
>>61789629
Fuck pajeets, fuck SJWs. White pride!
>>
>>61791769
Wow, a country who protect the people's freedom of speech, so bad
>>
>>61791631
Probably, but we are talking about west coast tech companies here.
>>
>Work at holocaust museum
>"hitler did nothing wrong"
>i'm getting fired? wooooooooooooooow
>>
File: cia.jpg (79KB, 716x768px) Image search: [Google]
cia.jpg
79KB, 716x768px
>>61791745
There's some subjectivity when it comes to firing someone for "harming the company's reputation" or "perpetuating harmful stereotypes", whichever it was in his case. Harmful is subjective. Google is harming their own reputation, in my opinion, by going down the socjus rabbit hole and implementing actual, implicitly racist/sexist/etc. policies in the name of "diversity".
>>
File: desu.png (38KB, 1046x452px) Image search: [Google]
desu.png
38KB, 1046x452px
>>61791759
>>
Do not fall for lefties baits, they are angry now because google fucked up their fake dreams, and now ironically they are the bigots (like we didn't know since the start)
>>
>>61791805
>Work at holocaust museum
>Let's examine all of these humans and their lives of both sides of the conflict
>Get fired
>>
>>61791071
1. Microsoft doesn't make phones anymore
2. Google makes the Pixel
3. Google makes most of its money from advertising on Google search, not user data
So basically every point that you made is wrong.
>>
>>61791805
>a bad opinion about forced diversity is somehow comparable to negationism
That's an incredible level of retardation we have here
>>
>>61791755
>damage to the company's image
>zero respect for his co-workers
>may make talented people not applying in the future

That's reason enough to terminate his contract, he expressed freely his opinion but that does not mean his employer has to keep with his bullshit. He will find some other job don't worry about him.
>>
>>61791805
I can't imagine that many people, especially not the author, are surprised.
>>
File: googlenow.jpg (220KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
googlenow.jpg
220KB, 1600x1200px
>>
The problem is that he basically said that he suspected that his female colleagues were not as well qualified as his male colleagues.
Can you imagine any woman wanting to work with him in the company ever again?
>>
>>61789629

Thereby proving his point
>>
>>61791655
Think what you want. An internal survey of Google employees showed the majority agreed with the memo. I'm somewhat of an open "conservative" (the traditional liberal type) at my company and have had a number of coworkers confess to me like I was some kind of priest. Seriously, the oppression runs deep. Act smug all you want, cancerous idpol is why the left has lost every branch of government.
>>
>>61791822
A more accurate example would be
>work at a holocaust museum
>"We should value all human life, including the Gypsies, disabled, and other parties affected"
>get accused of being a nazi
>fellow employees actually call for a second nuremberg trial and immediately judge you guilty
>get fired

The guy who wrote the memo is a full blooded SJW, hes just genuinely high empathy. He thought he could actually convince people to be more tolerant and inclusive by casting off their rabid dogma.
>>
>>61791667
Now you're playing semantics. We agree with each other in every way that matters.
>>
File: 1478270481362.png (120KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1478270481362.png
120KB, 256x256px
>left loses every branch of government
>right still can't get anything passed
You literally can't make this up
>>
>>61791806
>Apple, Microsoft, Intel, AMD and Google are all pro-SJW
>Linux is basically software communism
>Chinkshit combines the worst of capitalism and communism

What other choices do you have?
>>
>>61791684
Scale has nothing to do with this. One is exercising authority, the other is not.
>>
>>61791883
that's how it's always been. there are jokes about it.
>>
>>61791861
>An internal survey of Google employees showed the majority agreed with the memo.
[citation needed]
>>
>>61791684
In one dimension, yes. On another one, it's completely opposite.

> free speech
> forced exile

You're still here, and you know that all the bantz in the world can't make you leave.
>>
>>61791461
He was mid-level at most. He was a sub team lead, but no one in any position of influence. Very unlikely he was making even 200k.
>>
>>61791883
the only reason I vote for the right is in the hope that everything will stay the same as it is now
>>
>>61791697
>Why isn't this discussed when the topic of equality is in question?
It is, in scientific circles. SJWs march for science but they are just as brainwashed as fundies.
>>
>>61791911
If you look up who he is he was a senior engineer. After you count his stock he was probably pulling in 200k+
>>
>>61791929
I don't think you realize how expensive it is to live in the valley, or any big city in California.
My brother in law makes about $200k a year working for Snapchat, but almost $100k of that gets taken away in taxes.
>>
>>61791929
Even an intern probably makes 200k after stock. Doesn't mean they're important. (Also, I had looked him up. He wasn't senior.)
>>
>>61789704
He's already getting job offers you mong.
>>
File: actually.png (21KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
actually.png
21KB, 700x700px
>>61789723

>without a shred of scientific proof to back it up
>hur dur i know moar than someone with a PhD from Harvard

Jesus Christ, you're not even trying. There's a mountain of evidence to support this memo you fucking mouth breather.
>>
>>61791956
[citation needed]

>>61791959
>this person has a PhD in a specific field, therefore they are omniscient in every subject and I should believe their words without any verification
>>
>>61790071
Ahem.. BlackBerry phones & BlackBerry OS 10.3 exists.
>>
>>61791971
> BlackBerry OS 10.3 exists.
Did it finally get the last update?
>>
>>61791847
You're right that he damaged Google, but he didn't damage it in the way you think. He forced them to either keep OR fire him, both of which will have negative consequences due to the contradictions inherent in SJWism. Google is going to lose a lot of talent over the next couple years over this, I imagine there's great turmoil right now inside the company. I work at a popular search engine myself, if this happened at my company and the dude was fired, I know people who would personally leave, including myself.
>>
>>61789773
Africans get an innate +2 Diversity as a racial passive.
>>
>>61791859
The qualified ones wouldn't have a problem. The ones squealing about quitting are exactly the toxic people Google should've gotten rid of. Except, Google is contaminated by now up to a very high level.
>>
Even if he was 100% right, he deserved to be fired for doing something so idiotic. He just proved that Google is full of misogynistic shitlords and the feminists will need to redouble their efforts to rid it of that scourge. He's set back his cause immeasurably, and he wasn't even a true believer! Nice fucking work.
>>
>>61792016
He was a Jewish agent all along
>>
>>61791877
Point being, corporations are not being held hostage, but are willing participants in anything that keeps the working class from organizing against them. Recall that Eric Schmidt had given Hillary all sorts of advice and support on the campaign, one particularly notable piece being to pay her campaign workers poorly so those who don't muh believe in her and her muh message would wash out early or not sign on at all.
If sjewism cost them real money, they'd be throwing it overboard and ordering people not to discuss gender at work, at all.

>>61791967
gotta love liberal dispensationalism

>>61791999
Assuming the bottom's not just about ready to drop out of the web 2.0 market anyway. Once the Saudi princes get tired of pouring gorillions of petrodollars per month into trying to consolidate and deregulate the taxi cab business via uber, it's done.
>>
>>61791883
I don't care. The brakes have been applied to progressivism. The supreme court balance was preserved and may very well tilt further right.

Unlike the left, the right is generally okay with things not getting worse.
>>
This is 100% a honeypot designed to weed out other people with "problematic" beliefs. He'll get a nice severance package in return for squealing on those who showed "support" for him.
>>
>>61791967
They have a phd in evolutionary biology......
>>
>>61792042
Is this really what moot has been doing over there?
>>
>>61792016
I can't tell if this is shit posting, due the fags I've encountered on /g/
>>
Don't speak ill of women, they control everything.
>>
>>61791891
Microsoft isn't SJW. AMD might pay lip service but they really do not give a shit, they're too busy not making money. Apple isn't SJW except for the marketing people who have to do PR. Apple is evil for other reasons, but less evil than Google.
>>
>>61789704
I wouldn't give this guy a job because he's too much of a centrist idiot. It escapes me how any white person isn't racist in the age we live.
>>
>>61792072
>can't even control their bladders
>>
>>61791979
Idk, is "BBOS 10.3.3.1435" the one?
It's what my phone is running.
>>
>>61792083
I meant everything important
>>
>>61791859
There's always the one woman of the bunch who secretly hates all the other women in any social situation.
>>
>>61791047
>being this afraid of something you made up
anon it's not the women's fault no one will hire you, it's because your autistic and no one wants to deal with you
>>
>>61789629
Lol well it's time to switch off the Googlejew.

Protonmail for email or any crypto email
Startpage or Yandex for search engine.
Browser:Icecat gnu or Firefox Nightly

If anyone has more suggestions post them. It's time to move on and to get off the platform. Especially Android.
>>
File: cowgirl.jpg (67KB, 500x756px) Image search: [Google]
cowgirl.jpg
67KB, 500x756px
>>61789704
>Jesus what a fucking idiot. Now he will pretty much never be able to get a job at any public company ever again.

It's not that much of a stretch to believe that there are companies out there who don't really care about whatever he had to say in that manifesto, and only care about his technical skills. Either that or a company with a more conservative corporate culture.

Hey, I hear Texas has a pretty big tech sector...
>>
>>61792137
>projection
nice
>>
>>61789872
Apple is also Liberal now with Tim Cook and has been preaching about diversity and all that stuff. With Steve Jobs they could actually say they were conservatives with a liberal selling point.
>>
>>61790021
Tim Cook is my source.
>>
>>61791941
I live in SF. Trust me anon I know. I think about jumping off the bridge every day.
>>
>>61790071
I hope so because then I will just install Ubuntu if I do not like their products.

>>61790521
Fuck Bing.
>>
Wasn't this memo leaked on twitter by the salty ones over at google. They are the ones who brought this to the public's attention. It should have remained an internal issue. They should be held just as accountable as well.
>>
Interesting that open mindedness ends right at about where differing opinions begin, how quaint.

lol @ le /pol/ boogeyman posts
>>
>>61789629
I read the whole manifesto
Dude is basically a standard pol-lite libertarian
I agree with much of what he said but he named the SJW, so they will crucify him
>>
>>61789843
the average conservative doesn't give a shit about gender issues, if he had wrote something about black people being unsuitable for the job and then he got fired then that'd be different...
>>
>>61791446
He seems like a chill person. I would invite him over for a drink sometime.
>>
>>61792234
They're going to support him because he was a victim of liberals, not because he was defending something conservatives particularly care about
>>
Great, got your martyr now.
>>
Good alternatives to google for search/email?

Don't want to continue supporting a company that will silence a man for speaking the truth.
>>
>>61790974
I unironically believe leftism is a mental disorder, a civilization destroyer. So yes, I would be fucking okay with you leftist piece of shit getting a taste of your own medicine. Too bad it doesn't happen because you fucking leftist ensure everyone else play by your own rules but you don't.
>>
>>61791446
He looks Jewish honestly
>>
>>61791500
Something I am going to tell you about Trump is, unless the Russia stuff is true and it's not circumstantial bullshit. He is going to make it in a second time. This has always been the case in American history except Nixon and HW Bush.
>>
>>61792215
They won't be because that will bring more press to the issue and Google wants it over with.
>>
>>61791967
>this person has a PhD in a specific field, therefore they are omniscient in every subject and I should believe their words without any verification
Yes good goy, the PhD in biology has no grounds to opine on the differences between men and women. None at all.
>>
>>61791500
>A far right party got 2nd place in France.

That's a pretty big deal.

If these cuckservative want to pretend that leftist should be treated like humans, be my guest, but you won't get far if you don't understand the psychology and genetics of leftism and the people (Jews) who push it.
>>
>>61792263
He is. Thats the joke.
>>
>>61791637
I did not like Le Penn honestly. She had way too much baggage to be against Macron. But whoever will go after Macron it needs a fresh face.
>>
>>61790974
>right Winters

phone poster detected
>>
File: ourguy.png (86KB, 582x322px) Image search: [Google]
ourguy.png
86KB, 582x322px
>>
>>61791859
That's not what he said.

He said some very cucked thing, things that prove why its pointless to ever bargain with leftists, he didn't say that. He pointed out the fact that there are biological differences between genders. Which is a fact, genders behave differently due to genetics. It's a fact that doesn't get spread much because marxist and leftist are gene deniers.
>>
>>61791446
His "haircut" is triggering me. Otherwise, I support the poor bastard.
>>
What a shitty world leftist make.

All because they deny genes. All because they embrace moronic marxist ideologies.
>>
>>61792335
Ultimately the guy is going to be fine. The degenerate rabid dogs on Twitter will move on to bully their next victim and they'll forget all about him. Meanwhile hes still a phd and has multiple degrees to float through life on if hes not already personally wealthy.
>>
>>61792319
Is that the linuxsucks guy?
>>
>>61789629
>has declined to share full salary information with the government
what the fuck? don't google employees have contracts? is google paying people without signing any documents? sounds like an attempt to hid their tax evasion to me.
>>
>>61792293
>implying that conservatism isn't just jewlarping
>>
>>61792324
>>61792348
Damn you, marxist moron leftist genes nonsense ideology

cuck
>>
>>61792260
Startpage and Yandex for search.

Protonmail for email or just search a good encrypted mail client.
>>
>>61792319
that isn't the shit SJWs are defending since the start?
i mean
>treat people as individuals, no just another member of their group (tribalism)
Then what the fuck SJW are against? or they are so fucking stupid they dint read shit?
>>
>>61792360
Yes
>>
>>61792319
Suggesting that people not line up for tribal identity is antithetical to the corporate way. No wonder he got shitcanned.
>>
>>61792362
Not exactly sure but isn't income tax paid for federal gov and other taxes like payroll paid for the state. There are possibility stock wests too and other forms of compensation. Every level of gov gets different data.
>>
>>61792372
They're just going to insist that he didn't actually mean what he said he meant, and that he instead meant a bunch of easily-vilified nonsense that he never actually said. They will loudly repeat this over and over until people believe them.
>>
>>61792271

They've done it before

>Google has sacked the employee who leaked an internal memo about an across-the-board pay rise for the company's 23,000 staff, claim US media reports.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2010/nov/11/google-pay-rise-memo

I'd like to know what their internal memo policy is but I can guarantee there's a provision in there about firing leakers.
>>
>>61792483
They've gotten a bit more lax after this: http://www.reuters.com/article/us-alphabet-lawsuit-idUSKBN14A2BX
>>
>>61792483

Oh and there's more

>Google is facing a lawsuit in San Francisco Superior Court alleging that the company has fostered a culture of secrecy and fear. Leaks to the media are forbidden, and employees are encouraged to monitor their colleagues for leaks, according to the suit, which was filed in December by an anonymous ex-employee who claims they were unjustly fired.

https://www.theverge.com/2017/5/22/15666672/google-lawsuit-email-stop-leaks
>>
>>61792370
Thanks anon.
>>
>>61792362
And what do contracts have to do with salary data?
>>
>>61792525

>the confidentiality agreements that all Google employees are required to sign essentially bar workers from saying anything about the company, even to each other.

Yet they all signed it.
>>
>>61792544
>>the confidentiality agreements that all Google employees are required to sign essentially bar workers from saying anything about the company, even to each other.
lol, this is pure bullshit. Did whoever write this hit their heads and confuse Google with Apple?
>>
>>61789629
>multiple employees said they supported firing the author, and some said they would not choose to work with him

Top fucking kek. "tolerance / diversity" faggots are intolerant and exclusive; Damore's won, he proved his point.
>>
>>61789629
>but has declined to share full salary information with the government

Wouldn't the government already have that data in a IRS file?
Or is Google not sending in their tax information?
The CRA would be raping the the company in all holes if they didn't send tax information in.
>>
File: 12492184251.png (15KB, 554x742px) Image search: [Google]
12492184251.png
15KB, 554x742px
>>61790912
>a well placed joke
Just make sure it doesnt put you in jail for sexual harassment
>>
>>61792560
You seem to be under the mistaken impression that google pays taxes.
>>
>>61792544
can't sign away rights guaranteed under CA labor law

>>61792553
it's from the lawyer suing google so it's biased af
>>
>>61790521

Pretty much this. They proved him right.
>>
>>61791047
Even as rand was a dipshit whore, this suits here :
Who is John Galt?
>>
>>61791196

Yep. The memo was fucking too SJW for me. Just not enough for the pink hair xir's in Silicon Valley.
>>
>>61792560
They a sizable amount of payment data already (you should read the judge decision if you actually care). They're basically trying to push and get a full data dump in order to fish for stuff to sue the company for. Grasping at straws really.
>>
i dont think anyone here even considers the hiring practices and wage locking of these tech giants, that steve jobs popularized, in this whole distracting debate, talent in tech mobility is non existent
>>
>>61792576
Shouldn't they be?

Or is California & US Federal tax law so full of holes that nothing gets collected, not even filed tax return forms that itemized all the reasons on why they pay no taxes (and maybe even get money back from the government)?
>>
>>61789681
Knowing that a company has HR incentives to hire her should be all that talented women needs to know to stay away. I can't imagine going through life wondering if my success is because of me, or if people hired me/are not firing me/are giving me better reviews because I check off HR quotas. How could you ever take any pride in your work?
>>
File: hmm.png (33KB, 1335x219px) Image search: [Google]
hmm.png
33KB, 1335x219px
got any ideas /g/?
>>
>>61792627
I don't give a shit about pride I just want a comfy job and lots of money just for having a cunt.
>>
File: 1502165951277.jpg (157KB, 494x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1502165951277.jpg
157KB, 494x1200px
>>61792642
posted the wrong thing
>>
>>61791810
Can you imagine how much of the world population whites would be today if the black death never happened?

It'd probably be 50% or more and most of north and south america white.
>>
>>61791883
that's entirely thanks to RINO's
>>
I want the same benefits as a white man, I didn't work my ass off writing computer programs on paper in India for a tech job at google just to be passed over for some white faggot
>>
>>61792372
Of course they didn't read shit.

If you read the HR manager danielle's statement it's clear she didn't even read it either.

That's the thing about these people - they really actually are wholly and honestly incompetent.
>>
>>61792674
why doesn't your home country have tech start ups? Why do you have to travel to a different country and someone else's society for this?
>>
File: IMG_20170807_231844.jpg (33KB, 480x307px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170807_231844.jpg
33KB, 480x307px
>>61792528
You may want to send this source Anon. A Google manager just bragged about spying on their employees!!
>>
>>61792674
>writing computer programs on paper
>>
>>61789742
>He should've posted the memo anonymously, instead of publicly
I was under the impression he DID send it around the company anonymously and was doxxed by other employees
>>
>>61792674
Yes, how dare an American company hire an American. Oh the injustice of it all!
>>
>>61792372
>that isn't the shit SJWs are defending since the start?
>i mean
>>treat people as individuals, no just another member of their group (tribalism)
>Then what the fuck SJW are against? or they are so fucking stupid they dint read shit?
No, SJW's are "Intersectional" which means that if you don't support OJ despite everyone knowing he did it, you raycis
>>
>>61792651
that's nice, though a bit complicated for people with capped internet.
>>
>>61792048
>>61792277
Technically it's systems biology, but nonetheless

>>61791967
Fuck off retard.
>>
>>61792572
>the only acceptable sexual assault rate is zero
>we must do everything in our power to reduce these rates

>HURRDURRP IMPORT ALL THE IMMIGRANTS WHO CARES IF RAPE IS AS COMMON AS SAYING HELLO IN THEIR CULTURE BRING THEM IN

>omg rape is increasing, these fucking white males just don't get it, welp time to tax them for existing
>>
>>61789742
>>61792691
He posted it publicly (internally), with his name and authorship on it.
>>
>>61789681
>>61789704
>>61792016
>give an objectively correct view
>get fired because feelings
Precisely the reason why the First Amendment needs to be extended to all publically traded companies so this insanity won't happen anymore.
>>
>>61792687
source for the screenshot please, I hope you've archive that shit because this is big.
>>
>>61792572
>tfw I just got fired for asking "oh, is that what they're calling it these days?"
>tfw I'm not even mad
>I'm actually glad I got fired instead of getting fired, sent to prison, required to register as a sex offender, and forced to sell my property and move outside of town to get far enough away from a school or park
I think this is what oppression feels like. It's like getting raped in the ass, but with the assurance that you're not going to have to suck it afterward. The relief is almost enough to forget how wide your asshole is gaping.
>>
>>61792710
Fuck you faggot I have the right to associate with whoever the fuck I fucking want.
>>
>>61792674
then go fucking start a company in india and hire indians
>>
>>61792247
>implying we want some limp wristed fag that worked for google
>>
SJW claims to be socialist but for some reason have the full support of multinational corporations. Really activates my almonds.
>>
>>61792687

More in-fighting at google is better for everyone. Problem is the only two decent search engines are controlled by leftists.
>>
>>61791810
>implying the plague wasnt sent from god to punish us for being heretics
>>
>>61792724
There's a massive litany of reasons you can't be fired, and in which firing someone subjects you to a multimillion dollar lawsuit. If a woman claims she felt uncomfortable one time, you're paying out the nose for lawyers.
>>
>>61792711
https://twitter.com/voxday/status/894618370569646080

Sadly this is my source. Someone may have it.
>>
>>61792741
Which is yet another reason not to hire women
>>
>>61789629
>"perpetuating gender stereotypes."

I mean, it's not like the guy has a phd in Biology from Harvard. But whatever you say mr. journalism degree.
>>
>>61792736
it wasn't. we just didn't know about hygiene.
god isn't real and you're a brainwashed shizophrenic
>>
>living in a country where you can be fired for literally no reason
MUH FREEDOM
>>
>>61790974
Name an instance in the last ten years where an employee has been fired for expressing liberal opinions at work.
>>
>>61791759
Stop cherrypicking and post the whole thing. As bad as the Catholic Church was, at least it wasn't the Holy Roman Proto-Finnic Khaganate.
>>
>>61792748

Lets play a little game.

How does science theory become science fact?

Who controls the gates in academia to advance a scientific idea. How do you get funding for research.

Who controls the keys to reputable scientific journals.

Those 3 layers for starters are controlled majorly by who?

I can tell you two things. We have more societal/statistical data than any other kind. We have very little data that translate biological to neuro-chemical to societal consequence etc versus societal consequence to say societal trend, in comparison.

Same reason modern medicine treats for symptoms instead of treating the problem in the brain. Most of our current science is shooting blind and then trying to back track to the cause instead of say figuring out why certain chemicals at a certain stage = (a) problem.

Which is why most people treat anything to do with psychology like a joke and anything to really do with the brain is still decades away from true application. Medicine, recovering from brain injuries, solving spinal cord tissue damage, repairing the brain, understanding brain phenotype in terms of identity, gender identity and how that can be tracked out to individual genes/behaviors.

People that argue science isn't there don't know how in the dark we still are about a lot of things and are talking out of their collective asses/feelings, especially liberals. So stop acting like you're any better than the other side.
>>
>>61792798
Forgot the picture.
>>
It's time for Google to die. I mean, having a vice president for diversity, integrity and governance...This is fucking Sweden tier.
>>
>>61792701
>Browns gang rape a few girls and grope them on transport
>We must educate white, male college Students on how to stop harassing women!
>Poor browns beat their wives and kids
>we must educate white, male school children on why beating their wives is bad!
>Blacks attack cops and get shot
>We must educate white, male school children on how to be allies against the racist police system!
>Browns bomb people
>We must educate all of society by forcing Muslims into their entertainment and blacks into their history!
>etc.....
>etc..............
>>
>>61792724
Freedom of association would mean no diversity hires in the first place.
>>
White people can't see their own privilege so when we try to make everyone equal they throw a shit fit and think they're being discriminated, it's pathetic.
>>
>>61792859
I genuinely don't care if I'm discriminating against browns anymore

get out of my country and get fucked
>>
>>61789843
>>61790492

>He's a martyr. He can easily get a horde of conservative supporters behind him to raise funds for him to live off of
Utter genius.
>>
>work at liberal agenda pushing conglomerate
>go full /pol/ on it

Genius thinking.

You know, as they say, when in Rome, do as the romans do.
>>
>>61792729
That's a real buzzdinger. After you figure that out, you can help me figure out how "socialist workers" are vehemently for open-borders even though every single paper on economic theory relative to mass migration suggests that lowskilled workers get fucked by mass immigration.

Really tickles my testicles
>>
>>61792859
DAE le white people xDDD!!!!!
Fuck drumpfff and fuck whie people!!!
>>
>>61792082
It escapes me how people allow themselves to be tricked by the Jews into something as petty as race relations.
>>
>>61792891
When you're as stupid as yourself, why even present an opinion?
>>
>>61791195
post full memo
>>
>>61789738
>conservative
>human
>>
>>61791139
Proof?
Diversity doesn't work, it beaks down social capital and trust. Look at fully multicultural societies around the world. Compare them to monocultures. Compare Brazil to Japan.
>>
>>61792920
t. mad cucked engineer
>>
>>61792857
You are free to start your own company with no diversity hires.
>>
>>61791500
>Trusting the (((polls))) that have been wrong at every turn for the last 3years.
>>
>>61792724
NOPE

Government took away that right during the civil rights movement.

Hell, you don't even have to own a business. Just owning a nice house in a good neighbourhood makes you a target for forced integration programs. You have no right to not associatiate with protected classes. You have no right to make decisions we find offensive. We will find you and we will force you to think how we think and like what we like.
>>
>>61791689
But he did, he used to do 5% tops, he is now in the 20% range. Young people essentially voted lepen en masse or melenchon. Macron was elected by scared old people.
>>
>>61792945
Japan is doing terrible right now - they're facing a rapidly aging population and a shrinking work force.

If any country is in dire need of a little diversity and migration it's Japan.
>>
File: liberals fix iowa.png (802KB, 1313x625px) Image search: [Google]
liberals fix iowa.png
802KB, 1313x625px
>>61792995
>>
>>61791759
If Christianity hindered advancement, why did not christians surpass us during that time?
Really makes you think...
>>
>>61792965
These progressives are the modern equivalent of unionist thugs.

How fucking ignorant would you have to be to go back and say "if you don't like what the unions do then just start your own business that doesn't co-operate with them".

Fucking child.
>>
I think that white males should stop working for these companies and leave them to women and niggers.
>>
>>61791924
They don't March for science, they march for shitty popsci 5minutes YouTube videos that try to pass social sciences as real hard science.
>>
>>61793009
Why are either of those bad?
>>
>>61793009
Yeah, how awful. They're gonna have to pay their workers higher wages, while housing becomes more affordable, while crime remains incredibly low and automation advances to take care of any gaps.

What an awful awful situation they're in.
>>
>>61793055
The trouble is that you cannot start a white-only company, but they can start women-only or minority-only companies.
>>
>>61792816
Wow what a bigot, you should be punched in the face.
>>
>>61792654
We would be if we didn't feed and heal the rest of the world for the last 200 years. Africa would be a lot less populated if they still had the infant mortality rate they had before.
>>
You can tell a lot of the people commenting here have never worked a real job where employees are held to higher standard than the average person posting shit on the internet. This guy screwed up in at least three ways if you're working in a professional environment for a large corporation.

First, you don't ever want to rock the boat when it comes to stuff that has nothing to do with work. Don't start talking shit behind people's backs, don't rant about politics, and don't start talking shit about particular groups in society, especially when they are present in the workplace in large numbers.

Second, don't make the company look bad in public, regardless of your intentions. You always have to assume that emails will get forwarded, and even stuff that might read like a joke to a friend might not read as a joke to Carol down the hall. Everything you send to people can easily become public, as this guy found out. They don't want to be compared to Uber in the evening news for having a toxic culture.

And third, don't become a legal liability for the company. If Google passively condoned this, they could be sued for discrimination. That lawsuit would cost the company more than this guy will ever contribute in all likelihood.

This guy found a way to piss off other employees, he made Google look bad, and if they didn't fire him they'd be at greater risk of a lawsuit. They had no choice but to fire him. Any other respectable company would have done the same. If you ever consider writing a manifesto at work to send to your co-workers, it's probably a good idea to rethink your life choices if you don't want to get fired.
>>
>>61793095
You can start a eligible-only company.
chances are 90% of your workforce will be white males.
Even you do get some females and other minorities, would you really not want them?
>>
File: DF16ZNc.jpg (46KB, 641x355px) Image search: [Google]
DF16ZNc.jpg
46KB, 641x355px
>>61793136
>1) Don't be a woman
>2) Don't be a slut
>3) Don't be a whore
>>
>>61793009
3rd economy worldwide living in a tiny rock in the ocean with no resources, little farmland, small (compared to China or India) population. Better than germany. Low crime.
>>
>>61793136
He wasn't fired for making the company look bad, he was fired because he was "discriminating" against womyn
>>
>>61789681
If they are really talented they would know to work for another place
>>
>>61793136
Ignoring the elephant in the room is hardly a "higher standard". He made suggestions that weren't properly refuted, when his arguments themselves were far from infallible. Instead they fired the man for stating his opinion and trying to help.

For legal liability, Google is already under investigation with or without him. If anything, this was the socially responsible thing to do.

Understand that some people are willing to take these risks because they have options in their career and are highly skilled workers. Some half assed employee trying to hold on desperately to a dead end job wouldn't dream of doing this because they have no options.
>>
>>61793136
1. The diversity hiring process IS RELEVANT TO WORK. He approached the issue from the perspective of seeing a problem and offering a solution. This is very common for motivated individuals in organisations but he chose a blasphemous topic.

2. Published WITHIN the company. How many of you fucking retards are there? He didn't make a big deal out of this. He wrote something that employees within the company went nuts over then eventually leaked out. This entire explosion is not his fault.

3. Cite a single fucking law. Anything to substantiate your claim that 'google would be sued for discrimination if they condoned this'll. A single fucking law.

4. FUCK OFF YOU FUCKING RETARD
>>
>>61793136

Finally, someone here with brains.

I don't understand how it's so hard to contain your autism at work. With his level of prestige, he could have easily quit and taken a position at a different Big 5 company if he disproved of the culture without jeopardizing his entire career.
>>
>>61793009
>they're facing a rapidly aging population and a shrinking work force

Neither of those are bad, especially if you consider the fact that Japan is way overpopulated atm.

I don't get this leftist idea of
>we need to import immigrants to pay for the social services of old people

Yeah, and do immigrants not age?
>>
File: 2385783523.jpg (341KB, 795x1190px) Image search: [Google]
2385783523.jpg
341KB, 795x1190px
>>61793183
But they have no diversity
>>
>>61793007
Pardonez-moi, I was mistaken.

>>61791759
>impyling scientific advancement is human advancement
Fucking liberals.
>>
>>61793239
>we need to import immigrants to pay for the social services of old people
That's actually LIBERAL code for "labor is too expensive, we want it for free".
>>
>>61793239
>especially if you consider the fact that Japan is way overpopulated atm.
This holy shit.
Japan has over 10x the population of my state with way smaller land mass.
Also at least their ageing population contributed to the economy while they were working age. Immigrants often are net burdens even during this time.
>>
>>61793236
le autism xD

haha he went so /Pol

Never go full /Pol xDDD

One does not simply make /Pol trolls at work xDDDDDD
>>
>>61793271
You can bet your ass those seniors are STILL contributing to the economy. God bless those old folks
>>
>>61793271
>Also at least their ageing population contributed to the economy while they were working age. Immigrants often are net burdens even during this time.
Lastly.. if worse comes to worse I believe that the old Japanese would prefer death over ceding their country to brown hordes should they become too burdensome on the youth.
>>
>>61793136
>You can tell a lot of the people commenting here have never worked a real job where employees

Well, actually a former Google employee here, but it's nice you start your """"argument"""" with a fallacy (ad hominem). What are you compensating for?

>First, you don't ever want to rock the boat when it comes to stuff that has nothing to do with work. Don't start talking shit behind people's backs, don't rant about politics, and don't start talking shit about particular groups in society, especially when they are present in the workplace in large numbers.

Hey, guess what? I'm sure he would love to leave this stuff at home, the problem is he can't escape this PC bullshit at work. Don't shove this shit down people's throat and you won't get people speaking out against it, it's not that hard.

>Hey did you see Drumpf xD xD he is so dumb? Bernie is so cool.
Hey guys I don't think Bernie is that cool of a candidate.
>WOWOWOWWOWOWOWOWWOWOWOWOW
>WOWOWOWOWOWWOWOWOWOOWOWWOOW
>Keep your politics out of the work place!

>Second, don't make the company look bad in public,
Good thing he created an internal google doc, that could only be accessed with @google.com email address then. It's not his fault SJWs bullies leaked the memo (leakers should be punished, not him).

>And third, don't become a legal liability for the company.
It's gonna be really ironic when he sues. Especially if he is in California.
>>
>>61792651
I mean in order to make an impact you need to create traffic in order of magnitude of 100s of PBs (maybe even 1000s).

And chances are they're gonna notice before you ever get to that point. They have active SREs monitoring this stuff.
>>
Here's a link to the full study with citations.

https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/3914586/Googles-Ideological-Echo-Chamber.pdf
>>
>>61791323
>millionaire
>post on /g/
>>
>>61791759
he did meme on an internal network. it was never meant to be public.
people who leaked it knew full well he was going to get fired and it was constructed to cause a backlash. i wonder whether this has any effect on google stocks.
>>
>>61792827
>finno-korean hyper war
Topsimus Keksimus
>>
>>61789629

im not reading all this shit

just tell me was he a white guy upset at their attempts to hire every memeber of the gender and race spectrum
>>
>>61792152
While I will always support muh open source, this may not drive the point home. What will is users leaving AND going to their competitors. The guys you listed are in no way competing. Yes, I am advocating we all buy into the MS botnet, if only temporarily and still only pretend to.
>>
>>61789629
F
>>
>>61792200
Nice. I've always dreamed of living in the SF, but romantized about living there now and having already paid my house on a hill. I wouldnt buy a house there in 2017, no way. 1990s or early 2000s perhaps.
>>
>>61792651
Google's dataset is so huge it can easily afford to train ML networks to distinguish legitimate sites from noise, hell I'm sure they already do it right now to filter out spam.
Overall that's stupid and Google will be big as long as most people use it. Also have fun getting more and more captcha for basic stuff, Google flags IPs as known spammers.
>>
>>61792359
Yea but he's not gonna get into a fortune 500 company anymore for a comfy life

Too bad, should've posted his manifesto anonymously on 4chan like the rest of us

I'm also employed by a multibillion dollar company and have a highest 0.1% wage in my country, not gonna go and post shit on the net with my own name
>>
>>61791759
>scientific advancement
as measured in...
>>
JavaScript - Brendan Eich
Java - James Gosling
Python - Guido van Rossum
Ruby - Yukihiro Matsumoto
CSS - Håkon Wium Lie
PHP - Rasmus Lerdorf
C++ - Bjarne Stroustrup
C - Dennis Ritchie
shell - Brian Fox
Objective-C - Tom Love and Brad Cox
R - Ross Ihaka and Robert Gentleman
VimL - Bram Moolenaar
Go - Robert Griesemer, Rob Pike, Ken Thompson
Perl - Larry Wall
CoffeeScript - Jeremy Ashkenas
TeX - Donald Knuth
Scala - Martin Odersky
Haskell - Lennart Augustsson, Dave Barton, Brian Boutel, Warren Burton, Joseph Fasel, Kevin Hammond, Ralf Hinze, Paul Hudak, John Hughes, Thomas Johnsson, Mark Jones, Simon Peyton Jones, John Launchbury, Erik Meijer, John Peterson, Alastair Reid, Colin Runciman, Philip Wadler

Maybe more women would get into tech if the SJWs promoted people like Grace Hopper, Ada Lovelace, Lisa T. Su instead of people like Klossy. You know... women of merit beyond just being female.
>>
that's it, I'm switching to Edge.
>>
>>61793136
>you don't ever want to rock the boat when it comes to stuff that has nothing to do with work
Hiring has something to do with work.
>don't make the company look bad in public
He didn't make it public, it was internal.

But sure, pissing off other employees is not too smart. However his document is quite level headed, so he might have fooled himself that it's not a big deal.
>>
>>>/pol/ is fighting google, its your chance to take it down.
If you are interested
boards.4chan.org/pol/thread/136565021
Thread posts: 372
Thread images: 33

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.