[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just want something inexpensive and with a good trackpad.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: pi-top-00.jpg (111KB, 980x620px) Image search: [Google]
pi-top-00.jpg
111KB, 980x620px
I just want something inexpensive and with a good trackpad.

Are chromebooks decent or just locked-down botnet machines? What else is out there?
>>
Mannnnn you should have been on ebay yesterday. There was this dude selling a used hp laptop with an a10-5757m apu with 8gb ram and a 1tb hdd, (no battery or charger included though.

Anyway last bidder got it for $125.
>>
>>61787421
just get a T420
>>
Chromebook.

No, they aren't locked down. Just get one, then enable developer mode, and run Linux
>>
>>61787495
This, got one and it's great
>>
>>61787656
>No, they aren't locked down. Just get one, then enable developer mode, and run Linux
But what if I'm not a pedophile who spends all day long ricing his desktop in his mother's basement?
>>
>>61787723
Then don't run Linux on it. I own like 5 and only one has Linux on it.

They're perfect little shitposting machines, and the trackpads on them have some useful gestures.
>>
>>61787761
But what if I want to play games beside angry birds?
>>
>>61787766
Then install Linux.

Dude, I don't know. If you're trying to get something inexpensive, it's going to probably run Windows and that in of itself will run like shit on the crappy hardware you're paying for. Pick your poison.
>>
>>61787790
I'll pick the non-pedophile os, thanks.
>>
>>61787813
How about just install a babbys first Linux, don't rice or fuck around with it, and enjoy the increased performance on your poorfag hardware? You aren't gonna be gaymen on $300 hardware anyway
>>
>>61787884
Nah, I'm not a sick fuck who likes molesting children.
>>
>>61787421
Dells from the past 3 years have had really good trackpads.
>>
>>61787913
Do you have to be so closed minded?
>>
>>61788171
Don't feed the troll dude
>>
File: 1501398671660.png (164KB, 404x344px) Image search: [Google]
1501398671660.png
164KB, 404x344px
>>61787913
>(((You)))
>>
>>61788171
>>61788216
>>61788227
>t. registered pedophile sex offender
>>
>>61787421
They are inexpensive and do have good trackpads.

Thats where it ends. Chrome is pretty limited and there are a few strange quirks you will have to adjust to. Also you cant rely on chrome apps as they are just terrible ports and usually havent been updated in years (for example VLC)

Although the chromebook can do everything I wanted its just a pain in the ass. When I was travelling I found I was using my phone for simple tasks more than the chromebook.

If you are planning to use and keep it for a while id really look at spending a bit more getting something better or get something that is used.
>>
>>61788243
>t. projecting faggot
>>
Just find second hand thinkpads
>>
>>61787495
I already have a T420, it's nice yeah but I want something lighter and (again) their trackpads arent great

>>61787761
I'm considering that then.

I assume Chromebooks are usually ARM cpus?
>>
>>61787421
They are like MacBook with the best in industry trackpad and smooth UI, they are great just know the limitations
>>
>>61787813
>>61787913
(you)
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.