[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would like some help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 2.jpg (23KB, 900x230px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
23KB, 900x230px
Sup' /g/

I'm having issues with my monitors/display.
3 monitors are plugged into my graphics card (I'm on windows 7 64):

Monitor2 ........Monitor1............. Monitor3
TV ............main monitor....... Wacom cintiq
Hdmi........... display port ..............dvi

I use photoshop on the Cintiq screen, but when I exit sleep mode the fucker is displayed on tv.So I have to turn the tv on then drag and drop photoshop on the cintiq screen again.
I've tried to display photoshop by default on the cintiq (launch the program non fullscreen, drag and drop it on the cintiq, exit program. On next launch it appears on the cintiq without problem) but it doesn't work anymore as soon as I exit sleep mode when moving the mouse, the fucker is displayed again on tv.
Yes, I could prohibit the sreen going to sleep but I don't want to.
For the life of me, I can't figure a solution.
Never had this problem when using only 2 screens : old main monitor on dvi and cintiq on dvi.

Halp?
>>
Shy bump
>>
File: 1157333082053.jpg (53KB, 599x449px) Image search: [Google]
1157333082053.jpg
53KB, 599x449px
anyone?
>>
>>61779115

I'm thinking what it could be.
>>
>>61779136
Thanks for being on it.
I just discovered something, if I turn the main monitor off ( monitor 1 display port) before moving the mouse to wake the pc up, photoshop is correctly displayed on cintiq screen. But as soon as I switch the main monitor on, photoshop goes from cintiq screen to tv screen again. I've never seen that before( all drivers are up to date)
>>
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-hardware/windows-7-movesresizes-windows-on-monitor-power/1653aafb-848b-464a-8c69-1a68fbd106aa

perhaps?
>>
>>61779346
I just checked that, all resolutions are okay.
I wonder if the problem is not linked with display port. I know that when entering sleep mode the display port is like hot unplugged, as if the main screen were physically unplugged.
Could it be linked with the problem I'm facing?
>>
>>61778903

Windows 10 is rearranging the monitors when it enters power-saving mode. You need to disable monitor power saving settings on the monitor and in the os.

Then install Linux so you have a real window manager.
>>
>>61779821
I'm on win 7 and would like to still benefit from sleep mode.
Changing all habits and changing OS just for a little problem is a bit overkill, isn't it?
>>
Some more info, just noticed that switching off then on the main monitor (displayport) engenders the same behavior -> photoshop goes to tv screen. So my guess is that displayport is the culprit then plugging the screen to the graphics card with a dvi cable should solve the problem. If anyone has an idea on how to avoid the hotplug displayport behaviour I would be thankful.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.