[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Gender-neutral Chromium code >Things to avoid: >

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: chromium.png (21KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
chromium.png
21KB, 256x256px
>Gender-neutral Chromium code

>Things to avoid:

>Gendered pronouns: he / she / him / her / his / hers, etc.
>Instances of the phrases “he or she”, “his/hers”, “(s)he”, etc. All of these still exclude those who don't identify with either gender, and implicitly (slightly) favor one gender via listing it first.
>“Guys” as a gender-neutral term, which has male associations. Usually in comments it implies anthropomorphism of inanimate objects and should be replaced with a more precise technical term. If it does refer to people, consider using “everyone”, “folks”, “people”, “peeps”, “y'all”, etc.
>Other gendered words: “brother”, “mother”, “man”, etc.

https://chromium.googlesource.com/chromium/src/+/master/styleguide/gender_neutral_code.md
>>
Why do they even bother? Faggots won't look at the source code to check whether if it discriminates them or not.
>>
1984 and the neolanguage
>>
>>61777317
You underestimate SJWs.
>>
>>61777317
No, SJWs definitely ctrl-F source code looking for things to be offended by.

Mainly since they can write a clickbait article about it to get ad clicks
>>
File: 1501555552576.jpg (132KB, 1024x789px) Image search: [Google]
1501555552576.jpg
132KB, 1024x789px
I was a liberal until all this shit
>>
>>61777351
You're probably still a liberal, and all this racism, discrimination and inequality those Marxists pretending to be you are preaching is turning your stomach upside down.
>>
>>61777333
Is this reality?
Also checked
>>
Can we have our coincidence detector back?
>>
>>61777438
Not before germany starts to send white people to concentration camps and we have to beat em again.
>>
>>61777406
yep, that's 2017 for ya
>>
>>61777351
>Disagree with the left
>wtf? guess i'm a nazi now
>>
B-b-b-but Mozilla!
>>
File: Screenshot_20170807-014152.jpg (1MB, 640x4042px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170807-014152.jpg
1MB, 640x4042px
>kek

This is even worse than the .bro fiasco Mozilla had a while back

>chromefags are currently bluepilling hard as we speak
>>
I can't say I'm eager to see that shit spreading to my country desu
>>
>>61777221
>chromium
use iridium instead
https://iridiumbrowser.de/
>>
>>61777564
Nazis are unironically more tolerant than the modern left
>>
>>61777221
Everytime when one of these dumb threads come around I have to ask the blindingly obvious question:
HOW
DOES
THIS
IMPACT
THE
USER
EXPERIENCE?

it does not

Find something else to care about. Can you imagine that Israeli Children on a Chinese Basket Weaving Forum are all going apeshit about which pronouns are used in the source-code for CHROMIUM of all fucking things?
>>
>>61777221
>Other gendered words: “brother”, “mother”, “man”, etc.
>mother

How the fug should I call someones mother then? Parent A? Gods mercy, these people are beyond redemption.
>>
>>61777351
Me too, I was a liberal before the left was hijacked by "SJW progressive" insanity. Although, I was only 12-16 when I was l was liberal, I'd probably have still turned right-wing eventually as I got older.
>>
>>61777857
>Jamal
>I'm Brazillian and br triggers me
This is totally trolling.
>>
>>61777221
tfw you know it's for real

what happened to this world?
>>
>>61780222
>liberal
>left
Pick one
>>
>>61777317
they will not understand the code but will be looking just to find things like those to complain about them
>>
>>61780240
They're certainly not on the right
>>
>>61777344
So basically they don't really give a shit and, like all things, it's about money.

Hey, can't say it's not a good business model!
>>
>>61777221

>Usually in comments it implies anthropomorphism of inanimate objects

Wait, what? Who uses the term "guys" in code comments? In what context would you use "guys" in your comment, moreover, to refer to inanimate objects? Did a woman write this? This is weird. I want to go back to the Berenstein Bears universe.
>>
>>61780088
can I actually get it from the AUR now? Is the package fixed so it doesn't just run the installation for several hours, after which I can't even lauch it?
>>
>>61780222
I still considered myself a liberal at the time of the 2012 election. I considered it a scary prospect that Romney could be President. This time around I voted for Trump.
>>
>>61780292
I personally use firefox, but if I'd use a Chromiumlike browser it'd be iridium
>>
>>61780174
If it doesn't affect the user experience, then why waste time on it that could be spent bettering the end product?
>>
>>61780174

If the brainlets that do those kind proposals be in charge of coding what will happen?
>>
>>61780174
I contribute and don't want to see this crap
>>
>>61780391
The ppl that do this shit witch Hunt anrent capable of coding or other productive things. They are just promoting their agenda.
>>
>>61777221
>“Guys” as a gender-neutral term

"bros" will be a gender-neutral term in your lifetime
>>
>>61777221
Hitler did nothing wrong except losing the war and making way for these literal subhumans who unironically deserve to be gassed without trial
May we enter a new era of death squads and degenerate witch hunting
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.