[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I watched this movie when it first came out and when I just came

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: p21432_p_v8_ad.jpg (291KB, 960x1440px) Image search: [Google]
p21432_p_v8_ad.jpg
291KB, 960x1440px
I watched this movie when it first came out and when I just came across it again recently it made me wounder; can we actually make a toy like this today if we wanted to? Or something really close to it?
>>
don't you think the military would have already, if it was viable?
>>
>>61767805
Why do that if you can just bomb the shit out of a place.
>>
>>61767777
Who would buy it? A toy like that would probably cost as much as a brand new car.
>>
>>61767815
ground warfare still exists
>>
>>61767805
The cost would be huge to make human looking robots with advanced ai like them. Not to mention, if we're going by anything close to the movies, their ai still wasn't as smart as a human being would be.
>>
>>61767911
you have to think about it from current warfare technology, the closest thing we have are man guided UAVs, we don't have ANY fully autonomous weapon systems, AI isn't that developed
>>
>>61767849
just need to get the presentation right and would sell like hotto cakees
>>
>>61767940
As far as most people know the ai today aren't coming from the military. They're coming out of places like Google, IBM, Amazon, etc though the process of human learning and algorithms.
>>
>>61768064
they're the only ones who would be interested in this sort of AI though, i guess within the next decade computer vision & ai could get good enough to make the AI for this, it wouldn't be a humanoid shape like that though
>>
>>61767777
i used to have a poster of it
but that was ages ago, if i'm remembering correctly, the toys start off with just basic "AI", with no apparent sentience, then later either gain or are found to be more sentient, assuming i'm remembering right, are you referring to the basic AI or the sentient AI? the former may not be far off what is currently possible, the physical robotics needed to actually make the toy has it's own challenges as well
>>
>>61768192
According to the movie, whatever you programmed the chip with from the beginning would simply become expanded though actual learning. But their core programming (Fight the mutant looking thing) (Find our home) could not be overwritten by the AI learning.
>>
>>61768302
you're sort of making me want to watch it again, but the last time i revisited a movie from my childhood, i was thorougly disappointed
then again, i remember so little from the movie that it might not matter (can't ruin a forgotten memory)
>>
>>61768358
It's on Netflix. I watched it yesterday.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.