[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are your favorite programming languages and why?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_4341.png (9KB, 480x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4341.png
9KB, 480x300px
What are your favorite programming languages and why?
>>
>>61759593
I get triggered by this graph. Who in their right mind uses boxplots where the axis is logarithmic?
>>
>>61759603
Is there anything wrong with it as long as the quartiles are accurately represented?
>>
PHP. Learning PHP is like 'hey, with this I will own the web' and here you become an incredibly smart programmer in a www full of homosexual client-side web developing that most of experts want in their team. So you just have a look at the stackoverflow jobs board and 'wat- that guy was right, everyone needs me in the team'
>>
Hey Haskell is pretty fast. How does Scheme compare?
>>
>>61759593
html and css are nice
>>
C++, it's powerful and I like using it.
>>
Rust. Because C++ is imploding.
>>
>>61760043
>Haskell is pretty fast.
Why would someone lie like that?
>>
>>61760379
According to the graph it's pretty fast
>>
Perl, migrated from Rust because too many SJWs, just werks.
>>
>>61759593
C++, C# and Ruby.
1 - for learning/fun projects
2 - .net is glorious
3 - RoR
>>
>>61759593
C, mostly because it was the first language I learnt, but I like it's simplicity.
>>
Anyone have experience with F#?

I'm considering learning it as my first non-oop language.
>>
>>61761295
Why Perl and not Python?
>>
>>61759593
Python
Made for programmers
Easy to use, easy to learn
A lot of well-paid work
>>
>>61761753
Cause he is an idiot
>>
>>61759593
C, but I take a practical approach to actual programs I need and I use C/C#/Java/Python or even just Bash depending on what the easiest approach to fulfilling my requirements is. I do have a lot of fun with C and MCU firmware though.
>>
>>61759593
luajit (unjustly removed from the language shootout for beating GCC in some worthless benchmarks).
>>
>>61759593

LabVIEW - For instrument, DAQ and engineering stuff
C - Libraries and fast shit
C++ - General stuff
FreePascal - Crossplatform and some old targets.
>>
I use java
>>
>>61762660
What well paid Python jobs are there that aren't web shit?
>>
>>61763244
Anyone?
>>
>>61762854
Those benchs are rigged and C implemenations has arbitary limitations like you have to use shitty hashtable from klib.
>>
>>61760978
Graph is based on a few micro benchmark test cases and therefore only worth so much.
You can optimize use tricks to write faster Haskell code which aren't even close to how you'd write real world Haskell. Same for Scala and Ocaml.
>>
>>61759593
that graph is an abomination
>>
>>61763825
Data scientist
I use C and Fortran but mostly Python
>>
>>61759593
>>61759603
>>61759680
What the fuck is it even trying to say?
how long it takes to program? how long it takes the executable to finish? how long it took to program divided by execution time? wtf?
>>
>>61764287
How do you get into data science? Do you need an ML background or is math good?
Don't you use C++ a lot?
>>
I don't have any favorites. I'm a language hopper. My current toy is Clojure.
>>
>>61761480
it's not bad if you need .net, but Haskell is better in every single way imaginable.
>>
java because I love the ecosystem and haven't tried scala / kotlin / etc yet
>>
How is Scala different (as in better/worse) from Java?
>>
>>61761480
If you're used to visual studio then go for it otherwise consider haskell
>>
>>61759593
Unreal Blueprints
>>
JavaScript: I get paid money to write things with it.
>>
>>61766168
Why not Scheme?
>>
>>61759593
Vitamin C++
>>
>>61766459
It's not functional
>>
>>61766081
Exactly the same; each can run as the other, but scala has some key variable types that really add to the efficiency of it all
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.