[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I actually make stuff with programming? I've gone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 69840275.jpg (23KB, 638x547px) Image search: [Google]
69840275.jpg
23KB, 638x547px
How do I actually make stuff with programming? I've gone through tutorials but know nothing about anything practical. Is it really a case of choosing to do something and then googling?

I already use Ubuntu. Will that give me superpowers over people who don't use linux when programming?
>>
>>61758763
>How do I actually make stuff with programming?
Find something you want to make, or a task you want to automate.
>>
>>61758763
What do you want to make?

Once you figure that out, break it down into its component parts. Google if you can't figure something out, and you'll get better with practice.
>>
>>61758763
Learning programming isn't enough to make software.
You need to learn platforms, client/server frameworks, UI/UX etc.
>>
>>61758824
You can learn programming and make basic software just fine without knowing any of those things.
>>
it is your lucky day, tell me what you want to do and I will spoonfeed you
>>
OP here. I've gone through two chapters of SICP and some of the third and done a non CS related degree to give you an indication of what I've done.

>>61758868

2D browser games and 2D mobile games

To be brutally honest, I am just a lazy fuck who can't be bothered googling. I know those need JavaScript and java
>>
File: 1491233318507.jpg (129KB, 284x640px) Image search: [Google]
1491233318507.jpg
129KB, 284x640px
>>61758902
>I am just a lazy fuck who can't be bothered googling
>>
>>61758902
It is not which technology you pick, it can be JS/Java whatever

Do you want to get rich coding agar.io, or get rich making flappy bird?
>>
>>61758957
the hard part of game design is actually coming up with an engaging gameplay, coding is like 30% rest is getting viral
>>
>>61758968
well, I tried, abandoning this thread

1. you don't need SICP to code games

2. start with a small project

3. you can use standard webstack for mobile games and package with e.g. Apache Cordova

4. pick a framework if you just starting out e.g. phaser.io

5. git init
>>
>>61758763
This is what makes programming interesting in the first place. It's one of the only things in the world where if you can imagine it (tech wise), you can sit down and start building it.

Get an idea and go with it nigger, stop Googling shit and just think of something to build instead of being a faggot posting on /g/. Jesus.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.