[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where were you when openmailbox betrayed its users?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: ZGbm7l1A_400x400.png (74KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
ZGbm7l1A_400x400.png
74KB, 400x400px
Where were you when openmailbox betrayed its users?
>>
>>61757995
protonmail ftw
>>
>>61758033
Does protonmail support external access now? Considering migrating if so, as much of a pain in the ass as it would be, considering all my market and finance related services use my current omb email.
>>
>>61757995
They ALL do
>>
>>61758040
>external access
do you mean like through a desktop mail client?
no you cant access it through a desktop mail client
>>
>>61757995
I'm out of the loop. How exactly did they betray their users?
>>
>>61758062
paywalling imap/pop access
>>
>>61758060
Yeah, that's what I mean, and shit, that throws that out the window.

>>61758062
Happened in the course of the last couple days, but basically they were "upgrading" their service backend (and frontend it seems) and part of the 'upgrade' was adding a payment feature for imap/pop3 for a "Pro" account.

Basically the gist of what pissed everybody off was that they did this out of the blue and notified none of their users until it had happened already.
>>
File: Roman_Glyptothek_Munich_339.jpg (61KB, 542x768px) Image search: [Google]
Roman_Glyptothek_Munich_339.jpg
61KB, 542x768px
>>61757995
>2017
>not using airmail.cc, the standard professional e-mail provider for e-mail professionals
>>
>>61758088
>not horsefucker.org
>>
Oh, great. And it seems like another punch to the face is that I can't even send an email from the web interface either. Bug, or purposeful lockout, this whole damn thing is a mess for OMB and this is absolutely unacceptable.
>>
>>61758084
its because protonmail has an encrypted inbox
so you have 2 passwords
the goal of protonmail is privacy
>>
Gmail doesn't have this problem.
>>
>not using cianigger.mail
>>
>>61758109
Is there no way to reconcile that with a client? Is webmail the only way it works? Because I fucking hate webmail interfaces.
>>
> Not using tutanota

Are you even trying?
>>
Fuck them, I had been using using it for personal mail since nearly the beginning. No POP/IMAP is unacceptable, but there's an unbelievable amount of shit I need to migrate now.

I'm just going to host my own mail from now on.
>>
>>61758131
Exact same situation for me. SIgned on with them when the first started up in 2013 with teh blessings of the FSF (or was it Stallman personally?). All of my non-university related things are managed by that account. Fuck this.

I wonder if derpymail is still up and around. I liked them for the brief time I used them a long time ago.

>inb4 ponyfag
>>
File: cock.png (21KB, 272x271px) Image search: [Google]
cock.png
21KB, 272x271px
>not using the superior email service
>>
>>61758128
actually there is a beta test of program which enables imap access to protonmail, but beta is only for paid accounts and so will be the final release
the name is protonmail bridge
currently only on macos and Windows cause muh no resources for Linux
>>
>>61758192
How good is cock.li, really?

Is it actually reliable? How secure is it?
>>
is teknik.io any good?
>>
>>61758292
>How good is cock.li, really?
it's good
>Is it actually reliable?
there are downtimes sometimes. You can call vc if the server is down.
>How secure is it?
-https enabled
-secure communication over mail protocols enabled
-tor enabled
>>
>>61757995
on protonmail paid :)
>>
>>61758192
not after the server debacle. can't fool me twice
>>
I use cock.li for trash things
What email provider should i use now for personal stuffs that is for free?
>>
>using jewmail for my work
>never discuss private matters over the internet
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.