[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

d/ic/k here. I've made my first digital painting (pic related)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: terra.png (254KB, 458x674px) Image search: [Google]
terra.png
254KB, 458x674px
d/ic/k here.

I've made my first digital painting (pic related) and was happy to print it to a internet house with a domestic printer.

I was pretty dissapointed with the result, dunno why but the colors came washed out and with a really higher contrasts, some of my colors came pretty black.

I know it must be my fault for not preparing my picture to be printer friendly (cyan, yellow, magenta, something like that).

Any advice?

What printer should I buy that wont let me down.
Are laser printers better?
>>
>>61754910
Draw Japanese Cartoons instead. Problem solved
>>
>>61754910
That drawing seems familiar to me. Who is that supposed to be?
>>
Yes. Learn about CMYK you dumb cunt. Not much else. And have a properly calibrated screen.
>>
>>61755018
terra, from final fantasy VI
>>
>>61755031
So the printer doesn't really matter as much as CMYK?
>>
>>61755052

Well yeah, you gotta test first. Of course if the printer is bad it's still gonna look poor but what you described is exactly what happens when you try to print something RGB on a printer. Convert it to CMYK, at 300 DPI and it should be fine. It's not gonna look as vibrant but you should get a more accurate representation.
>>
>>61755089
are laser printers a better choice?

what kind of printers do pro use that wont cost me millions of dollars?
>>
>>61755112

I don't really know lad, but I think laser printers are better for documents and stuff rather than pictures. I don't think you can buy am actual high quality printer that's not gonna cost ya a lot. Look for printing places and bring your stuff in PDF so you know it's not gonna be fucked by the operator.
>>
>>61755155
why PDF?
>>
>>61755160

It's ready for printing. Most places will convert your stuff to PDF and then send it to print, but it's also a format that won't screw the quality. It's just to be safe. I studied advertising and once an exam I had to print got a bit fucked cos the guy on the printing place did a quick conversion and it got all pixelated and compressed in some places.
>>
File: 1427935852876.jpg (81KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
1427935852876.jpg
81KB, 350x350px
>>61755031
>>61755052
>>61755089
don't blindly fall for the CMYK meme.
If you simply convert to CMYK color space and expect to get good results, things will go badly for you. CMYK is an attempt to simulate subtractive color mixture on an additive mixture medium, but the simulation is useless without a proper profile that corresponds to the actual ink/paper that will be used.

the important thing is to have proper color calibration and ICC profiles all along your chain. your monitor needs to be properly calibrated, and you also need the profile for the printer you'll be outputting to. apply the profile for the printer in your graphics software. lacking a physical proof print, this is the best way you can evaluate your colors. sending your image to the printer as RGB with the correct profile rather than CMYK won't cause a problem.
>>
I would make better art before deciding to waste time and money printing it
>>
File: 1477521878069.jpg (95KB, 561x450px) Image search: [Google]
1477521878069.jpg
95KB, 561x450px
>>61755428
>proper profile that corresponds to the actual ink/paper that will be used.
>the important thing is to have proper color calibration and ICC profiles all along your chain
>>
>>61754910
>make one art
>spam it everywhere

gb2 /agdg/
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.