[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is this little guy composed of? How is the plastic molded

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: db603e6020eb416f9515d14846c48abb.jpg (235KB, 1152x1536px) Image search: [Google]
db603e6020eb416f9515d14846c48abb.jpg
235KB, 1152x1536px
I get the battery, but is the rest just the internals of a card reader with storage to save every card? What are the wires on the top left that don't lead to the battery?
>>
>>61754400
this is not for you bro
you are fucking stupid
> to download information ...
>>
>doesn't notice the camera above pin reader

get rekt
>>
>>61754469
Clearly, it's not his.
>>
>>61754400
cashing out is always with hundreds of people withdrawing all at once.

they usually make a few mil
>>
>>61754438
Honestly just curious how they are made. I'm sure ATMs will be required to use chip cards soon anyways, so they will probably soon be obsolete.
>>
>>61754492
>>61754469

mini usb ffs
>>
>>61754505
not if you cash out in some 3d world countries like Philippines
>>
>>61754400
It really doesn't take long to snap a few photos and take measurements of the existing piece of plastic. Your average gas station attendants have no clue. From there you can model the stock piece of plastic in something like solidworks and build your own on top skimmer plastic of it. Manufacturing the plastic parts are easy and likely done offshore. As for the internals, on the logic board it looks like you've got a power reg on the left side, the MCU in the middle, and an io chip on the right for the scanner sensor. One of those chips could be dedicated flash memory and they're fetching the cards from using a debugging port.

I believe the top left component is just additional circuitry for the power regulator. It'd be nice to have more detailed hi res images of the skimmer and the parts separated out from the plastic.
>>
>>61754503
The skimmers make a few mill? Do they just sell off the cards or actually use them theirselves/with their group?
>>
>>61754550
they bash your ass
>>
>>61754521
https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/MDR6030-portable-card-reader-usb-msr_60625397076.html?spm=a2700.7724838.2017115.22.ahiPiF&s=p
>>
>>61754505
There simple devices that anyone who knows there way around an ardunio IDE could make. All it really does is pickup the magnetic track on a card then converts the data to a readable number and saves it internally. This can be done a billion different ways. If you want to get fancy with it you can even transmit the skimmed numbers wirelessly using some wireless serial module for through wifi using an ESP8266 module.

If your just a dumb thug you can just go with >>61754568 linked and find a busted ATM to get the plastic green part and cut it down to get it to fit
>>
I remember reading about a fancier bluetooh one where the driver merely comes up to a skimmer and it syncs. You can of course disable the discoverability.
>>
File: Top_Heh_2.0.png (379KB, 537x792px) Image search: [Google]
Top_Heh_2.0.png
379KB, 537x792px
2017. Not being heh'd
>>
>>61754619
>ESP8266
Can the ESP8266 store it internally, or would it need a nano also?
>>
>>61754811
You can store it internally if you knew what you where doing. You can get ones with like 4MiB of flash which is plenty for just CC numbers. Even if you storing them in RAM there should be plenty of room for a full day of swipes.
>>
I can't be the only person who always tugs on the card acceptor at public ATMs.
>>
>>61754619

> Use an esp8266 so that it drains the battery in an hour, you have to flash it with wi-fi credentials, and it has to connect to a domain you own.
> use an arduino, why not run a haskell interpreter while you're at it
> Throw in some giant overpriced chink modules and RGB leds
> DUDE LE ALIBABA HACKER MAKER IOT LMAO

The board they use probably costs 25 cents, and it adds MILLIMETERS to the thickness of the panel.

The battery you would require alone would probably cost 20 dollars, run for a fraction of the time, and it would probably be exposed by the cheeto fingerprints you inevitably would leave on it.

Stick with lego you festering dud child. I'm lmaoing @ your retardation.
>>
File: dave chinked2.png (762KB, 1036x1160px) Image search: [Google]
dave chinked2.png
762KB, 1036x1160px
>>61754568

> 300 american dollars

The Chinese motherfucker who sells those deserves a personal pool filled with eggrolls and enough Yen to send his entire village to UCLA. Then he should be crowned king of capitalism and be take his throne as the CEO of Qualcomm.

Upvoted, golded, bumped and saved. Bravo, Chang, you win hacker of the year.
>>
>>61754400
It always has me curious, assume they get your CC number and pin, would they store the encrypted/decrypted CC# so they can use decrypted on a website, and then use encrypted and write it to a fake CC?
>>
>>61755060
>all this implying
Like I said there is a billion ways to make a skimmer, I just described methods that use widely available shit you can get from anywhere.
No you are not going to make a skimmer put together with chink modules and somehow get it to fit but its a good way to get the software written and No you can run an ESP all day connected to wifi with a few millimeter thin battery.
Only reason I mentioned the damn ESP is as a way to get the send data off the thing incase it is discovered and send the stored numbers to something else like a phone or another device every hour or so instead of trying to send it over the internet.
>>
>>61755232
I, uh, know a bunch about how they work.
It is totally up to who gets the info and what they want to do. Most of the times it's huge huge huge databases of CC # and cx fullz. In these cases the guy who got the db from home depot or target or whatever would then sell it whole to someone else. That person would then use it on their own or more often break it down and sell them as 1-ofs on a forum/personal site/tor market for about $12.
Sometimes people will clone cards and run it as credit(works on most shit) or use the pin if they have it. Sometimes the data needed to clone them are also sold as 1-ofs.
Extracting value from the CC is generally harder than getting the information and is not considered worth the hassle by the people actually getting the data. They'd rather sell the whole db for $100k than spend a year cashing out all of the cards for maybe $500k after they fence all the shit they bought.
You have very low level russians and even US citizens who will buy the cards for $12 and then use various methods to defeat the security checks. You find "clean" IPs located close enough to the billing address(you're assuming the card is usually used near it's registered addy) and tunnel through them using an RDP session or VPS that can't be tied back to you and at that point you would use a cash out method to get value from the card. Maybe selling carded pizza on instagram, maybe taking a road trip and picking up macbooks at drops around the cards zip code, maybe buying virtual shit like game currency and flipping it.
It's a whole economy.
>>
Heres one in action...skip to 1:46

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7De-mBbfvQ0
>>
>>61754400
>3.7v 35mah
awww its a cute! cute!
>>
>>61754550
There are gangs that recruit people to be pawns and go to different atms and withdraw money.
They bring it all back in exchange for a small cut.

Its the same mentality as working at walmart
>hurr its better than nothing
>>
>>61754400
>How is the plastic molded to fit so good over the Real one was probably used as a cast.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.