[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Beautiful evening. >Decide to stream the ballgame in my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: windows-10-sucks.jpg (43KB, 615x409px) Image search: [Google]
windows-10-sucks.jpg
43KB, 615x409px
>Beautiful evening.
>Decide to stream the ballgame in my garage for the first time in a while.

"I'll fire up the ol' laptop an hour early. Surely that will be plenty of time to get all those pesky forced updates downloaded and installed."

>90 minutes later...
>"Working on updates 12%. Don't turn off your PC. This will take a while."

How did this OS get so broken? What makes the update process so terrible?
>>
http://www.thewindowsclub.com/turn-off-windows-update-in-windows-10
>>
>using windows on a laptop
Windows is made for desktop computing.
>>
>stream the ballgame

why would you need Windows to watch a video? Windows is a gaming OS, you should be dual-booting Linux and only using Windows for things Linux can't do.
>>
Who watches streams on a computer these days anyway? #dinosaur

And garage? LOL wat?
>>
If you think that's bad you should see it on Windows 7. Windows 7 is practically broken with updates.

>install 7 in 15 mins
>spend 3 hours updating with random security fixes and things that you have no idea what they are even doing

It takes many times longer to update on 7 than just installing an OS from scratch.

Even Linux is more user friendly in the TERMINAL, you know Microsoft fucked up.
>>
>>61753448
Serves you right for not keeping your shit up to date. I don't want your fucking easily hackable laptop to be part of a ddos botnet fucking up my services.
>>
>>61753448
it doesnt work that way
>>
>>61757450

You can create what's called a 'slipstream' Windows 7 dvd. It's just an installation dvd that has all the upgrades integrated on it. I had to do this because I install it frequently, and the broken updates were ridiculous.
>>
>>61753448
You could have just postponed the update/restart until the next day.
>>
>>61757497
>implying that it works at all

pretty subtle there, anon
>>
>>61757756
It works.

It's pretty easy. When it downloads an update it tells you it wants to restart to install updates and you go choose a time that will be convenient, like six days from now, and then restart and install manually when you free up some time for it.

Installing updates when you know you have things you want to do is pretty stupid.
>>
>>61757824
And it doesn't matter which OS you are talking about. There have been cases where attempting to update OSX or iOS have caused problems that needed to be reverted or fixed through another patch.

When there is something you want to do coming up, don't use that time to install updates.
>>
>>61753448
>he streams
>anything
Lmaoing my ass off at your life f.a.m
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.