[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Apple products, specifically Macbooks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

File: 1501904326414.png (543KB, 1010x758px) Image search: [Google]
1501904326414.png
543KB, 1010x758px
Why do people spend so much money on apple products when there are so many less expensive alternatives.

I can buy anything I want, but I look at the macbook pro and think its a terrible waste of money!

I am just interested in what you guys think regarding the mac.
>>
>>61753120
>there are so many less expensive alternatives
Go on, name some products that are as good as a rMBP and cheaper.
>>
>>61753166
thinkpad p71
>>
>>61753166
System76 galago pro
>>
>>61753166
Dell XPS
>>
File: 1480352493467.jpg (333KB, 1750x960px) Image search: [Google]
1480352493467.jpg
333KB, 1750x960px
>>61753166
$600 walmart laptops.
>>
>>61753394
The correct answer
>>
I use a MacBook Pro as my main machine for content creation. I'm comfortable handing over the money for a solid build. I prefer to use some of Apple's software for audio and video production. Adobe suite runs fine on OS X. iPad Pro for second monitor and illustration - very easy to hand off from each device (and a Surface is a little too expensive). When I have time to kill, I can boot into Windows and game. I understand the appeal of Thinkpads and have weighed the benefits of an XPS, but I see no reason to switch ecosystems yet. If I weren't creating content, I'd agree that anything aside from a $300 iPad would be a waste.
>>
>>61753120
positives of macs
>fast ssds
>thin
>oooh shiny

negatives
>expensive
>breaks easily
>hardware designed to fail and lock you out when any component does
>osx locking you into an ecosystem
>bad cooling

Two biggest reasons are as some sort of retarded status symbol and baby duck syndrome. Same reason why photoshop users can't seem to understand gimp
>>
>>61753166
HP stream 11
>>
File: thisthread.jpg (11KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
thisthread.jpg
11KB, 225x225px
>>
>>61753120
Have you ever used MacBook? Because specs aren't everything t. Windows user
>>
>>61753120

>standard power connectors (Magsafe, USB-C) meanwhile win laptops use proprietary cylindrical connectors

>Battery life longer that two hours
>>
>>61754146
magsafe is proprietary as well.
mean while you can get a third-party charger for any cylindrical connector atany electronics store
>>
- IPS screen + high DPS display + an OS that scales and utilizes the resolution and actually has design guidelines (windows and linux are absolute trash at scaling)
- I have an iPhone and iMessage/AirDrop/the general ecosystem compatibility works great together
- Digital out audio port that isn't USB
- Dedicated GPU and under 5lb
- Excellent trackpad
- Magsafe
- Decent POSIX OS
- Good support I can take my macbook into an Apple store and get it fixed in a couple days if it's not an easy repair I can make (I had to RMA my last ASUS laptop three times in two years; the last time I got it back it was literally missing the W key)

with that being said I'm not too fond of the new lineup since they got rid of toslink port and magsafe. but when I got my macbook nothing else on the market came close for my uses
>>
Yet again, you retards need this clearly explained to you. If you even used a fucking modicum of common sense, maybe you'd know, you autistic man child. Drink bleach.
>>
>>61756137
wew
>>
>>61753671
>expensive
PC ultrabooks are similarly priced.
>breaks easily
source, faggot. they're made of metal
>hardware designed to fail
MUH CONSPIRACY THEORY
>osx locking you in
explain. you can delete it and it does not force anything on you.
>bad cooling
macs are designed to reliably run hot.
kys
>>
I got memed into getting an imac. Worst purchase decision of my life. I could have got a PC for half the price and spent the rest on hobbies...
>>
>>61756179
>buying an imac

your typical /g/ user, folks
>>
>>61756179
>>61756226
XD
>>
>>61756137
You sound upset.

Is your macbook on the blink again?
>>
File: macfags sure got told.jpg (52KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
macfags sure got told.jpg
52KB, 1024x768px
>>
File: told.gif (150KB, 621x3801px) Image search: [Google]
told.gif
150KB, 621x3801px
>>61760936
>>
>>61753120

It's not the Pro (or Air) which are the rip off, it's the Macbook standard line which is for suckers.
>>
>>61753394
only correct answer in the thread.
>>
>>61760953
This pretty much sums it up. Going for the XPS
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.