[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup /g/, long time old poster here. I recently came back from

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 1444575224550-1.jpg (188KB, 750x698px) Image search: [Google]
1444575224550-1.jpg
188KB, 750x698px
Sup /g/, long time old poster here. I recently came back from not visiting after some time and I am really curious...

What actually happened to this board? Every post I see here seems to be some tech illiterate agency marketing one product or another and datamining user input.

This place used to be for tech enthusiasts to discuss technology. What happened, and when?
>>
To be honest the board should be divided into a shilling containment board (such as /ce/, as one anon said before) and other for real tech discussion. Sadly, this is the current state of /g/
>>
>>61749574
Dang. That really sucks.
>>
>>61749398
>>61749574
this has never been true, you fucking idiots.
>>
>>61749398
It's always been shit you whiny newfaggot.

The nature of 4chan means the lowest common denominator is going to win out every time, and that's gamer faggots and smartphone tards that just want to bitch and cry about brands they don't worship.
>>
>>61749631
Clearly it is right now. Take a look into any thread with a consumer topic and its full of shills and dataminers.

>should I get windows 10
>oh yes of course goy its basically the same as 7 as far as spyware goes but the programs are much more fluid

its straight up disinfo/shilling/data stealing.
>>
>>61749671
I mean the whole "/g/ used to be full of non-retards who were passionate about technology" part.
>>
>Rargh, thinkpads, YOU SUCK IF YOU HAVE ANYTHING ABOVE A T60!
>Raargh, GNU communism! "Inane" is a funny word. Ha Ha Ha! Shit!
>Raargh, my video card is better than yours!
>Raargh, AMD vs NVIDIA! Cores! LOL!
This is basically what happened.
>>
>>61749666
/v/ actually has less brand spam, it's a better board by far
>>
>>61749769
you are not fooling anyone
>>
>>61749773
not kidding, you have to filter literally half of /g/ to get any useful discussion, at least /v/ actually talks about video games, whereas /g/ talks about... intel vs amd?
>>
>>61749802
>"please buy me games on steam!" -- the board
I guess they are talking about video games
>>
File: ca.gif (2MB, 245x246px) Image search: [Google]
ca.gif
2MB, 245x246px
>People still take this board seriously.
>>
4chan got too popular for it's own good
>>
>>61749802
>you have to filter literally half of /g/
you're being much too generous
>>
>he's too afrid to educate people on /g/

yeah this is why people suck on /g/
and that and its full of freetards.

If it was just full of windows and OSX users none of this would happen at all.
>>
>>61749398
1.7% wood screws
AMD/INTEL/NVIDIA/ATI/LINUX/WINDOWS/APPLE BTFO
Install gentoo
GNU/Linux GNU+Linux
>>
>>61750039
Some anons used enough filters to let just 3 threads on the list.

Most threads have:
#$/&@ BTFO / IS FINISHED AND BANKRUPT / HOW IS &$#!@ GOING TO RECOVER? / >Still uses $#&@ / name a better $#&@, protip: you can't / redpill me on #@$&!
>>
>>61750255
i have a pretty long list of filters, but i try to ensure i don't accidentally filter things might be ok
i might have to start being more agressive with them
>>
>>61749398
You never left. You're just bullshitting.

Suprise, OP is a fag.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.