[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>go pirate a game >"make sure you disable all your

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 4

File: _1.jpg (41KB, 482x549px) Image search: [Google]
_1.jpg
41KB, 482x549px
>go pirate a game
>"make sure you disable all your firewalls, antivirus, antispyware, turn off UAC, and run as admin!"
>"those alerts are just false positives goy! Honest!"
Everytime
>>
>installing botnet inside a botnet
>>
File: 1492914801610.jpg (366KB, 800x760px) Image search: [Google]
1492914801610.jpg
366KB, 800x760px
>runnning as admin worked for me
>>
>>61748667
>Not having a separate machine for all vidya piracy that has wifi disabled
It's like you enjoy being retarded
>>
>>61748667
>go pirate a game
>literally download the actual legit game from the actual production servers that everybody who pays money downloads from

Nintendo is hilariously bad at security.
>>
>>61748667
almost all Antivirus do knowingly flag cracks as viruses without any actual sort of Trojan and they've been pretty obvious about how they make money from abusing their position

that said you shouldn't have anything important on your windows vm anyway
>>
>>61748667
GNU/Linux doesn't have this problem.
>>
>>61748777
>you don't have to worry about pirates games having viruses if you can't run those games in the first place
>>
>>61748796
We can run Touhou and a lot of VN, /v/.
>>
>>61748743
Elaborate
>>
>>61748743
By far the best piracy experience.
>tfw you get official updates too
>>
>>61749048
>wiiudownloadhelper
jewgle it. Can work for 3ds too but wiiu is easier to hack.
>>
>>61748772
>how they make money from abusing their position
How do they? Get money from developers?
>>
>>61748667
I don't suppose paying for a legit copy of the game is completely out of the question, is it?
>>
>>61748667
>AV thing goes off
>look at the details
>its just heuristics
>the virus thinks that the actions that the program does, because its part of a hacktool is a virus
>usually disable it
>but sometimes someone sneaky attaches an actual virus to it, knowing how I will judge it

I am on to you. Some of the latest releases were like that.
>>
This is why I just use steam and wait for sales.
>>
>>61748777
because literally nothing runs on GNU-zealot distributions of linux

try a regular linux distribution
>>
>>61748796
Unless it requires DX11 or DX12, chances are you can run it just fine with Wine, though.
>>
>>61749028
>vn
>gayme
lmao
>>>/jp/
>>
>>61749048
Freeshop grabs titlekeys from nintendo itself and then downloads the game directly to your 3ds, no need to download the game on your computer, transfer it to the sd card and then installing via fbi or something, no need to install from freeshop either, as soon as it's downloaded you can play, it can also grab updates and DLC.

It is so effective that nintendo routinely bans a few hundred consoles (mostly the ones with out of region and weeb games on their logs) every month regardless of if they had cfw or not.
>>
>>61748667
>not dual booting to an offline Windows for pirated games

>>61749161
>installing malware so that you can pay for games that can be obtained for free
>>
>>61749192
VNs are the patricians choice to be honest.
>>
>>61749135

No, the guy you're responding to is an idiot.

The vast majority of cracks are bundled with a shit ton of viruses. Just because you downloaded your Master Crack Adobe Creative Suite with a bittunes jungle in the crack app in a VM and it seemed to work fine does not correlate to the overwhelming majority of cracked software.

If you've never worked in an enterprise setting where everyone is running around with local admin rights because of $bullshitIndustryApplication, you probably won't have ever seen it. But I get reports of software installs damn near every week where some user tried installing "MacroMAX Video Transcoder" or some bullshit which comes with a bunch of 'premium' software bundled with it for free, like Quicktime Pro, and Acrobat Standard. Things you would probably never go out of your way to pirate. But they're ALL OVER the internet.

Cracks are flagged as viruses out of an abundance of caution. One of the fastest ways to spread a new virus is to bundle it with some software that a fairly technically-minded person would download, but not a technical expert who would know what to look for. AV programs don't give two shits about paying a fleet of people to download every damn new piece of pirated software that comes out, so they flag them by default out of an abundance of caution, which is the whole reason you're running AV in the first place.
>>
>>61749208
Novels aren't games.
>>
>>61749208
But they aren't games, it's more like reading a book or watching anime.
>>
>go pirate a game
>it's abandonware
>no problems during installation
>>
>Not running ANY program you've never used before through a sandbox

>>61749048
Freeshop does it too.
I wonder if it applies to Switch games as well.
>>
>>61749192
/jp/ talk more about games than /v/...
>>
>>61749232
switch has like 3 games lmoa why would you want one of those anyway, wait 4 years at least; ports, upcoming and old nintoddler games dont count, even the fucking xboner has more games worth playing right now and it will have even more as soon as the xboner x and its full og xbox/360 backwards compatibility lands
>>
>>61749323
I don't really care about the games.
I'm just wondering if they've learned their lesson from the 3DS/Wii U download system they had going.
>>
>>61748743
>Nintendo is hilariously bad at security.
Not really. The CDN content is freely downloadable over HTTP, but is encrypted. The outer crypto layer is protected with a 'title key'. When you purchase a game, your console receives the title key for that game then downloads and decrypts the game files. Nintendo had just never planned on people hacking their consoles and dumping the title keys.

>>61749194
>Freeshop grabs titlekeys from nintendo itself
That is completely wrong. Freeshop grabs its keys from 3ds.titlekeys.gq. Only games that people have bought, dumped the title key of, and uploaded to that site will appear in freeshop.

Freeshop is missing ~50% of eShop content.

>>61749232
The Switch now does authentication to even access CDN contents.
>>
>>61749475
>Freeshop is missing ~50% of eShop content.
And here's a site that breaks down what's missing from freeshop:
http://3ds.jdbye.com/
>>
>>61749475
Last addendum, but the PS3 also works in basically the same way. See psndl.
>>
>>61748667
What anime
>>
>>61749651
New Game
>>
>>61749651
saucenao
>>
>>61748667
how the fuck is this technology related you stupid fucking sperg
>>
>buy game at store because I am not a poorfag
>install it and it works fine
>autismal NEET spends 3 days cracking hashes so he can save $8 on a game
wew lad
>>
>>61748667
>2017
>pirating any software
Get a job kid.
>>
>>61749135
pretty common for enterprise class OG shit where using unlicensed software can result in hefty fees in lawsuits for the business. the company and their legal teams know which enterprise antivirus doesn't allow this kind of thing. included in commercial antivirus too at the constant urging of game development studios and publishers. the mass amount of false positives, many known to be false by AV, are also taken advantage of to spread viruses, at the risk of consumers
>>61749214
did you really type all that for a roleplay?
>>
>>61749869
Not him, but my school gave us all chinkpads, all of them with admin rights (one exception), and the amount of malware and other shit these people were downloading on their computers was truly astounding. Normalfags are generally incompetent, the one person who didn't have admin rights on her computer didn't have them because she was too stupid to follow instructions while we first received the laptops and were setting them up.
>>
File: AOhtlM2.jpg (20KB, 353x417px) Image search: [Google]
AOhtlM2.jpg
20KB, 353x417px
>>61749475
>>Nintendo is hilariously bad at security.
>Not really.
>Nintendo had just never planned on people hacking their consoles and dumping the title keys.
Really makes you think.
>>
>>61748667
>gayming
>>
>>61750014
Video game website
>>
>>61749759
>>61749767
>rich
>wasting money on something you can get for free
pick one
>>
>>61750087
>Not paying for convenience and safety
>Building your own car from salvaged parts rather than buying a fully functional one and staying under consumer protection laws which prevent you from being scammed.
>>
>>61750087
>being a cyber Jamal
>>
>>61750087
>>61750153
I've got a better one.
>Paying money for fuel at a refueling station.
>Not spending time to find your own raw oil, and manually refining it to the point where it's fit for the car.
>>
>>61749998
If the security was 'hilariously bad' there wouldn't be anything you couldn't download via freeshop.
>>
>>61750153
>>61750204
You're both autistic and possibly mentally retarded if you think those two examples are comparable to pirating a game.
>>
>>61750087
did you find all of your furniture on the curb or in dumpsters?
>>
>>61750473
If I buy a game on steam or gog I can conveniently install and uninstall it whenever I feel like it, my saves will generally be saved, I can effortlessly install it on multiple computers without any fear of viruses, not having to manually install patches, not dealing with anti virus, not manually installing required packages, so on so forth.
If I pirate a game all of those suddenly apply.
How exactly isn't it comparable? The only real difference is that you'd have to spend a bit more effort building a car than pirating a game.
Now stop acting like an idiot, Jamal, and give back that computer you stole.
>>
>>61748667
if shit happens just delete your VM and start over

>inb4 they don't use passthrough
>>
>get 100% legit game from steam
>start game
>game: I need these ports open, turn on upnp in your router!
>well fuck that security hole, I just go and forward the ports it asked for
>game: wahh no it has to be upnp!

fuck this botnet earth
>>
>>61748667
>being a retard
>watching anime
Everytime.
>>
>>61748777
No drievrz
No gaemz
No probelm
>>
>>61749184
This. I've even seen less bugs in some cases because it's like always having a clean registry. There are some cases where it doesn't work because some people sucked at programming and it barely ran on windows in the first place.
>>
>>61750265
you're fucking stupid lmfao

the only reason they aren't there is because they aren't on the eshop or because nobody has bothered to dump a title key

there is absolutely no security reason why the games that aren't on freeshop aren't there
>>
>>61750835
>>61749998
also this

let me give you a hot example of nintendo incompetence

for the wii u:
the disk titles all use the same title key, so they cannot identify title keys that are proliferating for pirating purposes

furthermore, you can use disk title keys to validate installed software

it's fucking hilarious

i grabbed botw from nintendo's servers 3 days before it was released
>>
File: 1496103046621.jpg (29KB, 500x445px) Image search: [Google]
1496103046621.jpg
29KB, 500x445px
>>61749184
>it can run unless it requires dx 11 or dx12
>>
>>61748708
i dunt git it
>>
>>61751249
Fist of the north star
>>
>>61749192
Please don't send these fags to /jp/
>>
>>61749475
Why would anyone that legitimately purchases content, then upload their title keys and allow other people to pirate it for free??
>>
>>61748708
Is that a JoJo reference?
>>
GNU/Linux + GOG

Works for me.
>>
>>61750613
>If I buy a game on steam
If you buy a game on steam then you didn't buy game you brainlet. Steam sells service, they allow you to play game for certain price, as long as you use their client. They can at any time decide to not let you play it anymore. Any game that you buy on steam is not your property.

>or gog
That's better, but you can as well download gog installer from any tracker and you will have the same thing, except free. And this is exactly where all your retarded points fall short.
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.