[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think of smart fitness bands? Are they really useful

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: flat,800x800,075,f.jpg (69KB, 481x800px) Image search: [Google]
flat,800x800,075,f.jpg
69KB, 481x800px
What do you think of smart fitness bands?
Are they really useful or just another jewish trick>
>>
>>61745750
The fit bit ones are a Jewish scam.
>>
Yea fit bit for heart rate is wildly inaccurate
>>
>>61745750
>smart fitness bands
What is their purpose?
>>
File: 20170317115813_79188.jpg (37KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
20170317115813_79188.jpg
37KB, 1000x1000px
>>61745750
go in /csg/ and ask for a xiaomi band 2, worth every penny
>>
>>61746492
This
>>
I use a simple "dumb" heart rate monitor.

Fit bits and smartwatches are for skinny faggots who do cardio and like to have their location tracked at the same time
>>
>>61745750
I don't use them, no use for me
I heard you shuld check your heart rate for running.
If your fitness band doesn't dispay that on it's own, it's kinda pointless. How checks their phone?

>>61746524
location tracking is important on skinny fags since they disappear every now and then :^)
>>
>>61746019
>>61745750
theyre good for data collection. there is not one of these devices that allow you to track your shit locally, every one of them force you to sign up/login and use their IoT bs website/app
>>
>>61746753
serious question - what do you need that for?
I know oh too well on which days I've been a lazy fuck
>>
>>61746860
honestly i dont need it at all, a dedicated heartbeat tracker is way better and less expensive and unless you are super dedicated to fitness or are in a really dangerous health and need to moniter yourself it only takes a week or two to figure out what your difference between effort to work "too hard" vs "in the zone" the hb thing and zone stuff is for burning optimum fat/ and certain muscle tissues faster. they have potential to be a cool product for people to get into health but the elite people have training and knowledge that dont require the a web connected IoT device bc they know all that shit already. the whole market is geared towards normies so they can feel good while their data is mined
>>
>>61745750
gimmicks. don't waste your money.

sensors are whack
>>
>>61746492
No one wants your chink crap
>>
>>61746860
specifically i am against these devices, they are pretty pointless but i could see the entertainment/interest value they have but the data collection makes it unacceptable imo
>>
>>61746860
It's for lazy/fat fucks and/or hipsters to trick them into thinking that climbing stairs counts as exercise while simultaneously tracking all their data (and still getting paid the upfront cost of cheap chinese IoT electronics)
>>
>>61747070
>trick them into thinking that climbing stairs counts as exercise
If it can encourage people to take the stairs instead of an elevator, how is that a bad thing?
>>
>>61747107
Because the money they just spent on this entirely gimmick would be infinitely more usefull if it was spent on a gym membership
>>
>>61747173
>gym membership
Unnecessary. You don't have to go full /fit/.
If a fitness tracker can make people get their fat asses off the couch I'm all for it.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.