[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /g/ think of paying for Bitdefender or Malwarebytes?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

What does /g/ think of paying for Bitdefender or Malwarebytes?
>>
Just use Common Sense 2017.
>>
>>61745585
>talking in memes

Faggot
>>
i haven't had an antivirus program in years, they're really bloaty and unnecessary most of the time. Anything that good common sense can't protect against, they probably can't either
>>
Get Kaspersky instead
>>
>>61745543
Paying for an Antivirus program is analogous to taking dating advice from a virgin.
>>
Bitdefender just increases your attack surface. Every who's worth their salt in netsec has a pocketful of exploits for it and their bugbounty program fails to properly incentivize disclosure.
>>
File: 1501543923975.jpg (30KB, 400x440px) Image search: [Google]
1501543923975.jpg
30KB, 400x440px
Now that the win babbies are asleep...
What about actual security?
SElinux, fail2ban, proper chmods and chown...
>>
>>61745543
Linux or a VM for your risky browsing
Windows for everything else
>>
>>61745824
Freebsd and jails is superior
>>
>>61745844
Jails are pretty based.
It seems to me you can segment off /dev/ hardware to deny access to really low level shit if you please, correct me if I'm wrong.

Does the linux world have as robust jails as bsd?
>>
>>61745880
I don't know I'm just a winfag. You Linux fags believe any meme.
>>
>>61745824
It's a fake, there's no such big burners on hobs.
>>
File: 1500701813899.png (101KB, 306x200px) Image search: [Google]
1500701813899.png
101KB, 306x200px
>>61745913
It's no meme from my usage.
Handed over a few chroots to users from my personal machine and it was pretty cool to see it all work so flawlessly.
>>
>>61745785
What do you suggest? Just stick with windows defender? I cant switch to linux cause I dont want to lose all my shit and I'm too poor for a new laptop.
>>
>>61745766
I want to hear this logic, please elaborate.
>>
>>61746389
They don't know shit about sex or how girls work, they're just ashamed of being bad with girls and want to look "cool"
>>
>>61745543
There was a time when asking this kind of question would get you b&
>>
>>61747672
.t common sense advocate who is pozzed out the ass
>>
>>61745543
How would you even run those programs? Using wine?
>>
>>61745543
Why would you even do it? Malwarebytes active protection is unwanted """feature""". Only AV you should ever consider using is Windows 8/10 Defender, and on 7 nothing. The only reason to use AV on 8/10 is that it's built in anyway and decent. No reason not to use it. Windows is a botnet anyway and microsoft collects all your data whether you use AV or not.
Basically I recommend running Malwarebytes scans periodically on 7 and leaving 8 and 10 as is, it will run scans with Defender from time to time.
>>
I only use free Malwarebytes for when I download someone dodgy files and want to scan them. Besides that, Common Sense Currentyear
>>
>>61747811
Idk any better so I asked lol. Is win defender good for ransomware as well? So the free bitdefender anti ransomware is bloatware?
>>
>>61747672
Not everybody is a nerd. You can be a 4chan sperg and not know shit about software and etc. Newfag here
>>
>>61745543
Windows Defender+>>61745585 is better than any anti-malware
>>
>>61745602
>>61749725

Wintoddlers detected.
>>
>>61749641
just update your windows they should have security updates for the ransomware shit.
>>
>>61752128
Why do assholes make ransomware and etc if it's so easily terminated?
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.