[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PHP beta 7.2 was released a couple days ago, what does /g/ think

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: php_logo.png (4KB, 220x119px) Image search: [Google]
php_logo.png
4KB, 220x119px
PHP beta 7.2 was released a couple days ago, what does /g/ think of PHP in general.
>>
PHP and Python sucks
And you suck for making this and you should feel bad.
>>
PHP is a solid web language. Every language is full of shit, but most languages don't have the years of massive support that PHP has. With php-fpm, as well as the new 7.x gen of the PHP runtime, PHP is blazing fast and very stable. It's very C-like, which I enjoy.

In b4 "LOL CODE IN ASSEMBLY"
>>
File: cancer.png (38KB, 635x290px) Image search: [Google]
cancer.png
38KB, 635x290px
>>61744021
>>
I have programmed in 2 different code bases of PHP and both had over 100k lines.
The old PHP stuff sucks and migration sucks but PHP 7 might be decent.
But it's really not that much about PHP sucking, you could write good code even if the language is PHP. It's the other people who program in PHP and make unmaintainable mess. To be fair other languages have this problem too, I imagine.
>>
>>61744117
I would rather suggest Java.

Naked PHP?
> JSP

Rendering templates?
> Freemarker, Thymeleaf

Want a minimalist framework ala Sinatra?
> Spark

Want a large batteries included framework for enterprise development?
> Spring

Not THAT enterprise?
> Spring Boot

Want god-tier ORM?
> Hibernate

Want better SQL-queries?
> jOOQ

Okay, anon, but what about tooling?
Java has libraries for everything you need and more than you'd want. It has scrapers, search engines, crawlers and more. It has libraries for ever conceivable task. It can do anything from boring old web 1.0 documents to serving Semantic Web resources, handling queries and more.

> But muh boilerplate.
This is 2017.
Lombok is over 8 years old.

> But muh speed
Java is retardedly fast.

> But muh generics
You hit this problem when you try to sort 3 million ints in a collection. How often do you need to do that? It's just C# FUD. Just like Python fanboys say that PHP isn't safe, when their language doesn't properly support parametrized queries (they do the equicalent of mysqli_real_escape string behind the scenes because they're not exactly always all that bright).

But if you already know PHP, and are effective in PHP, I'm not going to stop you from using it. It's a free country.
>>
>>61744266
You sound like an expert in Java, how long did it take?
>>
>>61744021
php is maintained by retards, python is the way to go
>>
File: get_out.png (35KB, 353x234px) Image search: [Google]
get_out.png
35KB, 353x234px
What isn't maintained by retards?
>>
>>61744439
Guido pls, I still use only python 2.
>>
>>61744117
i know java but php feels so confy !
>>
>web backend with java
Can you do it without recompiling after even smallest change?
>>
>>61744266
how do I approach spring, hibernate, JSP properly I already tried before and didn't undestood the xml configurations
>>
>>61744021
>use PHP 5 for many years
>upgrade to PHP 7
>almost everything stops working
>several sites broken and nonresponsive
>find out global vars is deprecated and I have to manually change everything to use $_GET

wtf
>>
>>61745921
Yeah the update from 5 to 7 was a big one, but it also added alot of great things and encouraged better syntax.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.