[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Linux memetros

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: reddit_memes.png (562KB, 1350x827px) Image search: [Google]
reddit_memes.png
562KB, 1350x827px
What is the best Linux distro?(by best i mean easy and intuitive to use while not being a pain in the ass to setup/debug)
Also, why the fuck did Canonical partnered with Jewcrosoft? Are they jewish now?
>>
Pretty much any Ubuntu flavor is going to work out-of-the-box and come with anything you'd really want.
>>
>>61739118
This reads like what Watson would interpret is a proper 4chan post. You have no people. Focus on diet.
>>
>>61739118
> What is the best Linux distro?
The one you like.

> i mean easy and intuitive to use while not being a pain in the ass to setup/debug
Opinions on the optimal compromises vary, ergo all these distros exist.

For some it's Gentoo, for some it's Fedora. Pick the one that suits you.

Though surely some distros also exist for other reasons, such as targetting embedded hardware.
>>
>Also, why the fuck did Canonical partnered with Jewcrosoft? Are they jewish now?
Because Canonical is a company, and companies like money. That's kinda how capitalism works. Are all capitalists Jews?
>>
>>61739118
Tumbleweed
>>
>>61739118
Pick a KDE based one, like kubuntu.
Ubuntu is shilled but I've never grew to like it. if your hardware is older and not souped up, the bloat in ubuntu will slow you down.
i'm by no means an expert on Linux distros but I've tried about 30 maybe and kubuntu was my fave.
with kde it's easy to set up any widgets you want for monitoring or notes whatever.
>>
>>61743866
>kubuntu
Don't you mean neon?
>>
>>61743898
Netrunner is pretty nice, too.
>>
>>61743898
>neon
Seems nice actually. Haven't installed any distros for a while.
Didn't want the grub menu fucking with my partitions. kept on meaning to get a drive solely to install distro/s, haven't got around to it. :/
>>
>>61743939
netrunner is not in the same catagory at all.
kubuntu is the official ubuntu with kde, where neon is the official kde with ubuntu.
Netrunner is a completely separate thing
>>
>>61739118
Slackware mang.
Set 'n' fo'get.
>>
>>61741190
>This reads like what Watson would interpret is a proper 4chan post. You have no people. Focus on diet.

What?
>>
Artix is pretty god anon, so are other arch branches.
>>
>>61743866
> complains about bloat and instead recommends KDE

Are you just mentioning terms you have heard? KDE is the most resource heavy option available on Linux. If unity feels slow then why use KDE that uses 3 times as much memory and so on.
>>
>>61744519
I had issues the couple of times I installed gnome ubuntu and non on kde kubuntu.
Sluggish response times etc.
>>
File: 1493985585981.jpg (39KB, 586x296px) Image search: [Google]
1493985585981.jpg
39KB, 586x296px
>>61739118
Fedora with XFCE. Learn to manage your packages through the command line. It's not hard.

>sudo dnf search xyz
>find exact package name
>sudo dnf install package-name
>sudo dnf remove package-name
>sudo dnf update

And that's all you need to know.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.