[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How exactly does Facebook decide who shows up in your chat side

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: facebook.png (5KB, 325x325px) Image search: [Google]
facebook.png
5KB, 325x325px
How exactly does Facebook decide who shows up in your chat side bar (above More Contacts)?
>GF was always there
>Piss off GF and break up
>GF no longer showing up on side
>Few weeks go by and now she's back at the chat side bar
>>
>>61735913
It's in the order of people visiting your profile. The person who last visited is on top.
>>
>>61735960
No
>>
>>61735960
Yeah that doesn't sound right at all.
We were using chat one day, while she was on my side bar, I said something that pissed her off, and like magic she suddenly wasn't on my side bar at that moment and for the next few days. She was still my friend, still followed, nothing changed, she just wasn't there, and now she's back on there, out of the blue, and usually near the top.
>>
>>61735960
Completely false
>>
>>61735913
>>61737097
The goyim know.
No seriously, it wouldn't surprise me if Facebook had AI analysing all your messages and adjusting your Feed accordingly in real time.
>>
>>61735913
As any 5yo child is able to tell by himself, the contacts shown first are the ones you talk to the most often and who use Facebook the most often. Since you stopped talking to your basic bitch, other more active contact took her place.
>>
>>61737177
But this wasn't a long-term thing. Literally, as we were talking, she went off from my side bar. >>61737140
AI Analysis would actually explain this instance lol
>>
facebook intentionally tries to make you depressed so you buy stuff
>>
>>61735913
not op, but i never became facebook friends with one of my exes. however, i have found her on fb and visited her profile like 1000 times. is she getting like "people you may know" suggestions and shit with me in it? we share 0 friends in common
>>
>>61735960
Im not sure about that, but for if you search for someone, your profile will appear on their "people you may know list." So, if you're stalking some qt, and she sees you on there and you have no mutual friends, she knows you're a creep.

What's worse is even if you delete your search history under activity log, it doesn't get rid of the connection in Facebook's database

In the same way, when you look at your people you may know list and see someone without mutual friends, they were likely creeping on your page

>>61737280
Yes. She knows. This is also why you dont visit Facebook links posted here while logged into your personal account
>>
>>61737346
>Yes. She knows.
really? i guess thats kinda cool cuz if she ever decides to leave her husband she will know how to find me. kinda sucks that she might think im a stalker now though
>>
It noticed you weren't in the same location all the time
>>
>>61737419
Explain?
>>
It is based on people near you. I went to a school that covered a huge area and fb would recommend me people from class despite us never interacting digitally and them living on the other side of the metro area.
>>
>>61737439
Well it knows where you are, by cell tower or GPS or just ip address.
If you stopping hanging out it would know
>>
>>61735913
>>61737097
>>61737193
>>61737280
>gf
>implying
>>61737177
>>61737346
>implying
>>
>>61735913
>not getting back with her after a little break
>going against the facebook narrative
Enjoy your prison sentence for thoughtcrimes
>>
>>61738521
>"her"
>implying "her" existence
>implying the existence of op's purported relationship with "her"
>>
>>61735913
FB algoritms probably use many metrics to determine who to show, we can only guess:

>Your distance from each other.
>How much you check her profile and viseversa.
>How much you like each other (maybe it will use your previous conversations to determine that)
>>
>>61737097

Dude, she probably turned some function off like notifications off but friend ON, or disabled chat on her side.

Then reverted the changes back.

Fuck her man.
>>
>>61735913
i had something similar, i break up with a fucking bitch but even when i deleted her for some fucking reason facebook was still showing me her in my other friend list, and there was no way that i could remove that, fucking facebook, the solution in the end was blocking her
>>
>>61737370
Litteral autism.
>>
no u
>>
>>61737229
Aha. I get seriously bummed when I use it. It's been about a year and I've had a great year without it. I believe they research into the pyschology of marketing. Seriously creepy shit like analyzing your post edits/what you delete and keep etc.

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if they are aware and do what you say. They make far more money than any adspace I've ever seen on there would generate. I imagine the big money comes from study and practice of manipulation.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.