[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

whatup homies, just recently built a complete new rig and noticed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: Motherboard.jpg (12KB, 273x184px) Image search: [Google]
Motherboard.jpg
12KB, 273x184px
whatup homies, just recently built a complete new rig and noticed my cpu seems to run slightly hot (cpuid shows temps around 55-60C but max it says is 79C)
all im doing is downloading WoW and internet browsing. after reading online i see that i should only download the latest BIOS drivers is something is really wrong that they'll fix
I have a ryzen 5 1600x and a gigabyte ab350-gaming 3 mobo along with gtx 1060 graphics
my question is for ryzen is this 55-60 celsius temp for internet browsing normal? and would a bios driver even fix this
>>
File: temps.png (35KB, 544x641px) Image search: [Google]
temps.png
35KB, 544x641px
heres a little more info
>>
>>61731631
Clean installed Windows? I remember someone had an issue with temps when they used their old Windows install.
>>
>>61731683
What does it show in Ryzen Master?
>>
You should update your BIOS anyways and make sure you have thermal paste applied properly.

>inb4 AYYYYYYMD HOUSEFIRES
>>
>>61731631
Something's fucked in there. My 1600 runs at 40°C idle, and this is with an R9 390 mining alongside it and hot as fuck in the room because Summer.
Either you fucked up the cooler install, or there's something wrong with the chip.

Do like the other anon recommended, and get a fresh Windows install if you haven't. If it's still hot, consider returning it.
>>
>>61731631
Cover the fan ports with a bunch of towels to stop the hot air getting in
>>
>>61731631

> rig
>>
>>61731812
yes fresh install on win10
>>61731834
downloading that now
>>
>>61731855
what temps do you usually get running a game?
>>
File: 4532.jpg (10KB, 263x192px) Image search: [Google]
4532.jpg
10KB, 263x192px
>>61731631
There is a 20C offset in Ryzens. You are all right, mate.

http://community.amd.com/community/gaming/blog/2017/03/13/amd-ryzen-community-update?sf62107357=1
>>
>>61732141
"Specifically, the AMD Ryzen™ 7 1700X and 1800X carry a +20°C offset between the tCTL° (reported) temperature and the actual Tj° temperature. In the short term, users of the AMD Ryzen™ 1700X and 1800X can simply subtract 20°C to determine the true junction temperature of their processor. No arithmetic is required for the Ryzen 7 1700"
but i have the 1600x so can i trust this?
>>
File: ryzen master temps.png (147KB, 1025x676px) Image search: [Google]
ryzen master temps.png
147KB, 1025x676px
alright kinda feeling relieved now from ryzen master readings (assuming these are gonna be more accurate)
was starting to believe ryzen was a joke you guys perpetuate
>>
>>61732188
I thought all and CPUs were like that or what ever the reading was letting you know how much more temp it had to go before it reached critical levels or something like that. My x860k is like that
>>
>>61732320
Yeah the 20c offset is on all X-series CPUs
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.