[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 339
Thread images: 36

File: dumbo-cia-project.jpg (56KB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
dumbo-cia-project.jpg
56KB, 720x405px
Last thread >>61717481
>>
>>61730021
Why does my windows guest under proxmox show the real RAM usage thanks to virtio, but fails to free RAM to the host system? since if I htop I see constantly the full max RAM being reserved.
>>
File: 1501807167375.png (12KB, 670x155px) Image search: [Google]
1501807167375.png
12KB, 670x155px
>>61730021
Is there any way to import all torznab links with categories directly to sonarr? or do I really have to go through like 40 links manually?
>>
File: Annoying-noise-001.jpg (24KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
Annoying-noise-001.jpg
24KB, 460x276px
How much quieter are 5400rpm hard drives compared to 7200rpm drives?
>>
how the fuck do I setup my asus router's OpenVpn so I can connect to it from Canada and use US Netflix?

Fuck its so frustrating.
>>
Guys what its top tier option for using an Virtual machine on Windows 10 Home? The oracle VM or else? i wanted to use hyper-x but the home edition doesnt come with it.
>>
Going to start driving very soon and would like to have some form of dedicated GPS/MP3 device.

What's my best option? I wanted a chink Android radio but they seem to all suck.
I was thinking a tablet but mounting it would be a pain.
>>
What laptop CPU is better with integrated graphics for gaming? The AMD A12-9700p, or the Intel Core i5-7100u? Battery life is usually a non-issue.
>>
>>61730755
the hd graphics from intel isn't bad for ~LIGHTER~ games
>>
>>61730872
Yeah but I have found very little benchmarks of the R7 integrated APU graphics. Are they better?
>>
>>61730243
7200rpm drives produce the same sound but for a longer duration
>>
Is there any way to get Motocross Madness working on Windows 7? It literally doesn't recognize modern GPUs as 3D accelerators.

I might as well just build a p3 and dump Win98 on it.
>>
Is there a good book ,wiki or something to learn to create a database and setting odbc a connection for a multistore company? from 0 woud be great
>>
why is the callisto thread more popular
>>
how do you fa/g/s make spare pocket change?
>>
File: Screenshot_20170804-173917.png (847KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170804-173917.png
847KB, 1440x2560px
I'm on a last minute work trip for the next 2.5 weeks with nothing but my phone. I left my laptop at home obviously, but will this Acer aspire one play Mount and Blade? Or is it a movie machine and nothing more?
>>
>>61734263
Tutoring. (Obviously this isn't the best time of year for that.) I get money for talking about shit I already know.
>>
whats the difference between "for" and "while" i mean i can use while the same as "for" is for faster or something?
>>
>>61735949
>whats the difference between "for" and "while"
for-loops are typically count limited; while-loops are not.

>i can use while the same as "for"
Yes, but it's pointless and leaves you with unnecessary variables in scope.

for(int i = 0; i < 100; i++) {
//do something
}

vs

int i = 0;
while(i < 100) {
//do something
i++;
}
>>
>>61736027

I see, thanks
>>
I'd like to use an old crt tv as a display for my computer. I have a GTX 760 with a DVI-I output, which can supposedly output an analog signal, but I have some doubts about all this.
I've been doing research and the most relevant resource I found was a thread on the Kodi (XBMC) forum, where a bunch of retards ordered cables that didn't seem to work, except in one instance where it worked slightly.
Has anybody here done this? Can the somewhat new nvidia cards really output an analog signal properly through DVI-I, or would I need to invest in an active converter?
>>
File: 1479918842045.png (109KB, 442x397px) Image search: [Google]
1479918842045.png
109KB, 442x397px
anyway I can turn off the led's on my sensei raw (on linux)?
or just make it stay always on, shit just keeps blinking
google only leads me to reddit, and there's no way I'm clicking that shit
>>
File: 2017-08-04 12.01.12.png (751KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
2017-08-04 12.01.12.png
751KB, 1080x1920px
Okay boys, I'm really cheesed off about this one. I'm running Android. I just found out that every time I try to MMS a picture to my friend, she's received a goddamn link to Google instead of being able to just view the image in her messaging app.

Is there a way to prevent this behavior? Ideally, I'd like to keep using Google Photos and Messenger because I'm used to them, but if I have to switch then so be it.

Related: lately when I tap the 'share' button, it goes to this stupid intermediate "select everything you want to share!" screen. If I wanted to share an album, I'd have tried to share a fucking album. I *only* want to share an image when I hit the 'share' button! Am I crazy, or is this new behavior? (pic related, it's the obnoxious multiple-selection step)
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (168KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
168KB, 1600x1200px
Will a rPI and a laptop hard drive overheat if surrounded by a layer of cotton baffling? I want to make a shitty pun.
>>
>>61735949

For loops are used to clearly communicate that you're iterating over a range. In modern C++ and other languages, you can even do a "for X in Y" where you don't even have to worry about using an iterator, it just automatically steps to the next item in whatever the collection is (array, list, etc.). For old-school C-style for loops, it makes it very clear which direction you're iterating (counting up vs down). Of course, you CAN change the iterator in the loop, but that would be annoying and confusing to people who have to maintain your code.

Here's an example of being a retard:

for (int i = 0; i < 10; i++)
{
printf("I'm on %d\n", i);
if (i % 2 != 0)
i += 1;
}

That's just profoundly irritating. Especially if the main body of the loop had a lot more logic, and the additional modification to the iterator was visually buried.

Oh, and most languages that have a 'while' construct also have a 'do ... while' construct. That's like a while loop, except that you're always going to execute the loop body at least once.
>>
Valve changed how restoring games from backups works. How do I easily restore my games nowadays? I pasted my games into steamapps/common but Steam doesn't doesn't detect jack shit and neither does the restore tool

Someone said something about appmanifest in the previous thread but where do I find it or how do I symlink? Is there another way?
>>
>>61736418
I think you ought to try it to be sure. rPi doesn't usually run too hot, maybe you could add a small opening for a fan.
>>
>>61737060
Cool. I'll just monitor the drive's thermal sensor for a few days just to make sure.
>>
I'm using GNU IceCat and the theme I have set doesn't work in Private Browsing. What do?
>>
The battery history graph isn't showing up on my phone.
Moto G4 Plus running 7.0.
>>
I heard you can download the entire libgen.io database somehow, does anyone know the link?
>>
I can't get past the panda on my new thinkpad, even though I've logged into the forum and installed cookie manager on firefox. Do I have to wait for a week again?
>>
>>61737043
Copy the game files, then open steam and go to install the game, it will detect the existing game files and let you play it.
>>
>>61730261
RTFM

>>61730243
barely.

>>61730512
why not use your phone?

>>61730904
yes they shit all over intel's iGPU

>>61736382
i dont remember which generation they stopped with the analog output on dvi. do your own research. if your card is newer than that generation you need active but you're better off just buying a used monitor from craigslist for the same price.
>>
How can I prevent my internet provider from having my data?

I don't want to give my information to them.
Is there any way to encrypt the connection?
>>
>>61737703
Because my phone runs out of battery way too quickly, but I guess I might as well.
>>
File: 71wzZJzRe9L._SX425_.jpg (27KB, 425x425px) Image search: [Google]
71wzZJzRe9L._SX425_.jpg
27KB, 425x425px
>>61730021
Refurbished Pebble Time steel for $60 shipped.
Yea or nay?
>>
trying to install my a webcam on my parent's computer so they can use skype and whatnot, and whenever I try and install it it keeps saying that USB 1.1 isn't enough and that it requires 2.0, even though I just finished building the computer for them and the mobo has 3.1s. Could this be related to the fact that kaby lake isn't compatible with windows 7? I didn't want to get them 10 because of all the ads and whatnot
>>
My PSU just made a bang noise, but no smoke, smell or spark. Computer is running fine. Is it safe to continue using the PSU and play games with it? Also, could it have something to do with the computer not being in a case?
>>
>>61730021
is 4chan source code spaghetti
>>
how do you guys organize your videos? i have a large film archive on my pc and looking for some kind of program with a front end that showed film posters and stuff for my titles. i remember one program that did this and it's name completely escapes me but i also remember it being kind of poo poo
>>
I dug out my ddrwrt router from a year ago (linksys wrt12AC) and forgot both the ssid and the password. I tried logging into it via cabled lan on my rbpi but no luck. How do I get back into it? I'm not even sure its broadcasting - nothing looked familiar on the wifi list when I compared the available downlinks with it plugged in to when it was unplugged
>>
>>61736400
what phone/ os are you running
>>
>>61734263
I build wordpress sites for lawyers.

Try reading 4 hour work week. worth every penny. u can find it for free online though
>>
>>61730512
seperate mp3 is highly recomended; secondary gps isn't needed as much as you would think, unless you are an uber driver or something. In that case - invest in a car charger for less than 5 dollars on alibaba or perhaps no more than 20 bucks at any store that would sell something like that

For mp3 - I reccomend Sony Walkman no bs. a newer one obvi like the NW-A20 but if you dig into the audiophile forums you can find almost as good quality for a third of the price. I have a red aw-20 and love it.
>>
How the fuck do I install discord in Arch?
I tried downloading the archive and doing
pacman -U discord.tar.gz
but it didn't work.
>>
>>61739281
Install Ubuntu or Gentoo faggot
>>
is there any good type of freeware program where i can view all the files within a folder that contains many many other folders and sort the files by size within the viewer?
>>
>>61739450
what os are you running
and what file system are the files in (ext4, HFS, ZFS, HAMMER, etc,)
>>
>>61739501

windows 10 idk what you mean by file system
>>
File: dis.jpg (76KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
dis.jpg
76KB, 640x1136px
What messenger app is this?
>>
>>61739509
I'm on mac but give so I can't say so for sure but try free commander
http://www.techsupportalert.com/best-free-file-manager.htm
>>
File: 1251344445383.jpg (59KB, 400x368px) Image search: [Google]
1251344445383.jpg
59KB, 400x368px
Got my first email about reported Piracy from my ISP.
Thing is they didn't tell me who it was from or what was downloaded.
On a scale from 'Empty Threat' to 'HBO might hate me' how close to buying a VPN should I be?
>>
>>61739548
looks like facebook messenger. There's a setting for orange bubbles
>>
>>61739566

thanks sweetie, trying it out now
>>
How come opening a link to twitter on my phone means that there's a 50/50 chance that it actually shows me the tweet?

The common error I get is that I'm not authorized to view the tweet, or that twitter loaded to slow (even though it loads instantly). Refreshing, or backing out and clicking the link again usually fixes it.
>>
>>61739772
what os are you using
>>
>>61739778
Android 6.0.1
>>
>>61739587
yep, thanks.
>>
>>61739794
sounds like a weird bug. you should update
>>
>>61739571
just set one up. Opera vp is nice and free. I use express vpn
>>
>>61730021
best way to start learning java? taking my first class near the end of the month and want to get a head start so i can at least not worry too much about the class.
>>
File: IMG_3109.jpg (20KB, 280x180px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3109.jpg
20KB, 280x180px
How can I get album art covers on cmus or is there another ultraniggernigger light weight terminal based player that can display album art covers? I didn't spend all this time autistically formating id3 tags and getting the highest quality album art I can find just to be cucked this hard.
>>
Apparently for some reason truecrypt stopped accepting my password on bootup (it's 100% the correct one which still worked only 20 mins ago)

How to fix? Did my PC switch keyboard layouts all of a sudden or something
>>
>>61741277
I don't remember much about truecrypt, does it makes a recovery iso? Try that or check if caps lock is on or some object is pressing a key on your keyboard
>>
>>61741277
>>61741277
I'm actually starting to think this whole drive is busted jesus

Kinda glad i did that backup the other month, although there'd be a lot of notes and shit to rebuild which would be bothersome to say the least
>>
>>61741304
>>61741304
Nah i'm positive that the keyoard is fine, i can't be pissed now to cycle through the other ones though

Could very well be that there's a TC rescue disk still flying around somewhere, if there is then that would be a huge help
>>
Hey, I have this networking issue.

My router has 4 Ethernet ports, but I can only get Internet access on one of them, coincidentally that's the port which has a blue sticker above it (the others have orange, red and red).

I've logged into the router and found that the DHCP service was disabled for LAN ports 2, 3 and 4, so I've enabled it there and restarted the router. The only difference it made is that I can now access the router on those ports (previously I couldn't even do that), but still no Internet.

Wi-Fi works fine.
>>
>>61741508
then use the working port retard
>>
File: fuckingnovation.png (2KB, 574x17px) Image search: [Google]
fuckingnovation.png
2KB, 574x17px
Am I able to delete a driver/kernel driver from CMD, and if so, how? This kernel driver (pic related, from a CMD query) crashes me into a BSOD any time I turn on the device for it. I've tried updating the driver, removing bits of it...everything, and it just fucks everything up. This is on Win 10 using a Novation ultranova, to clarify.
>>
>>61741552
But I have two devices with no Wi-Fi capabilities...
>>
I'm going on a summer trip and my PC will be unpowered in a room that hits 25-30 degrees for 13 days. Is there any chance of my SSDs fucking up and losing data?
>>
Is there a decent firefox addon for tab grouping? Preferably drop down and accesible from the normal tab bar and not hidden away in some toolbar.

;_;
>>
>>61742040
I wouldn't even start to worry below 40degC.
You did mean degC, right?
>>
i couldnt use windows medial tool thing to usb this shit, so i have no bootable usb.
i cant think of what else to do, i cant seem to get muh ryzen to load because using an old hard drive with windows on it.
please help me, g/sqt/
>>
File: 6963834-susan-coffey.jpg (504KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
6963834-susan-coffey.jpg
504KB, 2560x1600px
I've been getting BSODs on a new laptop I bought last month. In that period, 4 BSODs, all memory related.caused by different programs.

I have 24gb of ram (8gb + 16gb), and I use photoshop and maya 3D a lot, all the times the BSOD happened, they happened when memory load wasn't too much (not higher than 50%, usually just 20%).
What are the odds I got a faulty memory stick?
>>
>>61742633
do you have a burner and dvd rw cds in the house? why didn't the usb thing work, any errors?
>>
I'm writing a small game in C++ MFC and Open GL, and I'm having a bit of a problem with something. It's basically a 2-player game, and I know how to handle onkeydown window messages, and recognize what key was pressed, so for controlling one player I'm fine, but how do I handle key presses for two players pressing at the same time?
>>
>>61742760
usb kept failing and it unmounted usb everytime i tried.
i have no burner, but have cds and no other laptops/computers.
>>
>>61736390
nevermind
found it https://github.com/pjanouch/sensei-raw-ctl
without any of your help
thnx for nothing faggots
>>
>>61730021
I'm trying to dual boot Linux on my MBP 2017. I got rEFInd installed and it works, but when I try and boot into Fedora (or any Linux distro) it either doesn't boot or the keyboard doesn't work.

Is there anything I can do to make it work, or is it just fucked?
>>
>>61742791
well if you have another computer and are willing to get a bit dirty, you can plug your hardrive to another computer, perform a format and execute a bit of cmd code to it to get it set up for installing the OS. Read this guide for full details: http://www.instructables.com/id/Install-Windows-7-without-USB-or-DVD-without-upgra/
>>
>>61742809
Congratulations on learning to search the web! Maybe tomorrow you can learn to ask questions good.
>>
How do I change desktop enviroment?
>>
>>61743001
1. install a new de from your package manager
2. log out
3. in the login screen there is a button SOMEWHERE that allows you to choose de/wm
>>
>>61742874
thats the thing, i have no other system at all, and i dont have many friends in this part of the country
>>
The back glass on my Sony Xperia Z3 Compact broke and I want to replace it. Having it done is very expensive considering the actual value of the phone so I thought of doing it myself. I can get a genuine back glass for about $15. Doing this takes only a few minutes but you need to heat the back glass so it shrinks and can be taken off. In YouTube clips that show how to do it they use some kind of industrial/engineer heat blower guns. Can I do the same thing with a regular hair dryer?
>>
>>61743141
only solution i see at this point is to mount the ISO via a virtual disc program like Daemon Tools (if you don't have the ISO, you can get it from the Microsoft website), then after mounting it you can install the OS that way.
The problem with this method is that you won't be able to format your hard drive, but that's how it goes...
>>
File: received_1424094467668249.png (1MB, 1152x2048px) Image search: [Google]
received_1424094467668249.png
1MB, 1152x2048px
What program/website is on the monitor? I keep seeing it on Youtubers monitors
>>
>>61743271
It's some twitter desktop program
>>
>>61743271
tweetdeck
>>
>>61743284
>>61743326
Thanks
>>
What distro to put on my netbook? Is gnome lightweight enough?

I've got Xubuntu but its so wasteful of screen real estate with the panel down the left. You can auto-hide it but then it will get in the way of buttons on the left of my screen.

Basically I want the UI of gnome but without the bloat.
>>
is there anyway to get battle eye and planetside 2 to run on wine?
>>
how do i know whatss wrong with my brain
>>
File: 47497464.jpg (173KB, 640x419px) Image search: [Google]
47497464.jpg
173KB, 640x419px
How do I get lm-sensors to work with my new ryzen cpu?
pls help
>>
HDD+SSD setup

Would you put home folders (macOS) on that HDD or just symlink folders?
>>
>>61743386
GNOME is not what you would call lightweight. What I find difficult to understand is why you aren't just customizing Xfce to your preferences. You can adjust everything about the panels, from their size and contents to their very existence. If you don't like the "dock" then get rid of it. Add launchers to your "taskbar" panel instead. I'm sure you can get it looking the way you want.
>>
Been out of the loop for almost two years, what's the best current "just werks" distro? Feel like going Ubuntu again with gnome.
>>
>>61743512
Manjaro KDE is pretty good with that.
>>
File: 1498970059680.jpg (174KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1498970059680.jpg
174KB, 900x900px
My IPv4 connectivity on a W10 laptop is fucked sometimes.
I can fix it by running ipconfig/flushdns and netsh winsock reset commands, but after a few days it happens again.

It's an easy fix, but I wanna know WHY this happens and look for a permanent fix. Any ideas?
>>
>>61743421
Go to a brain doctor and ask what's wrong he may give you brain pills
>>
>>61743526
How's Plasma nowadays? Still crashing for no reason?
>>
>>61739182
there's probably a reset button on it you need to press with a pin for 30 seconds or something
>>
>>61743555
Nah, not frequently enough to make it an issue. In here the most trouble I had was with adding shit to panels which restarted them.
>>
>>61743530
try out a new network adapter? idk, they cost like 10 burgers so not much 2 lose
>>
>>61730021
Is Comptia A+ hard and what's a good cert to get after that, that will help me get some bang for my buck?
>>
>>61743541
ok
thankyou!
>>
>>61743498

Oh removing the "window buttons" from the panel is an idea. Then I can make it like 10px and just contain the notifications and time like gnome.
>>
>>61743596
I actually have network adapters around but didn't even think to try them since the laptop's integrated one is in fact working. It's gotta be a software problem rather than wonky hardware since running a couple of commands fixes it, even if temporarily.
>>
>>61743512

Ubuntu GNOME is really slick and polished now.
Idk what will happen to it when it re-merges with the standard Canonical Ubuntu though (Ubuntu is dropping Unity for GNOME and the projects are merging)

Mint is a new "just werks" distro.
>>
File: 54671154.jpg (92KB, 1240x775px) Image search: [Google]
54671154.jpg
92KB, 1240x775px
>>61743700
if its not a hardware problem its windows then
just go to win7/8.1
windows 10 has too many bugs that will never get fixed thanks to a low budget incompetent development team
>>
>>61743555

Panels glitched for me, and it wasn't as customisable as I'd like.

It's really gorgeous though. System itself is stable (Kubuntu)
>>
>>61737812
>professional driver
>not having a 12V phone charger by default
Wtf m8? They cost like 5$ a pop... My bro is a professional trucker and he got a 12V->230V transformator so he can game during his mandatory stops.
>>
>>61742974
hopefully
but I wouldn't get my hopes up
>>
If a dude is selling a used thinkpad and doesn't have the original charger but a replacement did he nick it.
>>
>>61743919
NIGGA STOLE
it could also be the original broke. some of these shitpads are coming up on 10 years.
>>
On windows 7 atm, is windows 10 really bad? I feel like getting an upgrade should I just get a copy of windows 8.1 instead? Pls no linux, I still can't leave my hentais.
>>
File: forearm.gif (114KB, 590x458px) Image search: [Google]
forearm.gif
114KB, 590x458px
I'm worried I have carpal tunnel. But I'm not sure and wanted to ask anons who do have it, can you please describe your symptoms?

Google says an tingling, numbness, weakness. I only have a dull pain on the bottom side and top side of my arm, about halfway between my wrist and elbow. I work out, but haven't knowingly injured myself.
>>
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/dell-inspiron-15-6-laptop-intel-core-i5-8gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1050-ti-256gb-solid-state-drive-black/5872507.p?skuId=5872507

Would I need to overclock this to run fallout 4? I had it suggested by Reddit (I know) on this thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/SuggestALaptop/comments/6nmjx0/advice_for_a_good_gaming_laptop/
>>
>>61744247
You really shouldn't be overclocking a laptop, they get way too hot. A 1050Ti can run FO4 just fine, don't expect max settings on everything
>>
>>61744358
Ok thanks. I figured it'd be alright, just wanted to make sure. Not expecting max on everything. Which I am fine with. Thanks!
>>
File: dgg.jpg (27KB, 482x402px) Image search: [Google]
dgg.jpg
27KB, 482x402px
>>61730021
Is this normal temperature for this CPU? It was an old Dell Inspiron Mini 10 laptop so I'm not sure whether the fan broken or not. Would changing thermal paste helps?
>>
>>61744470
>1gb ram
>77c >normal
yikes, just get a new pc
>>
Is there a reverse image search engine that lists results in order of resolution? If so what is it?

I realized a lot of my time is wasted checking multiple pages of google results to check for the highest resolution.and if it's more compressed than lower ones etc.
>>
>>61744620
But I'm poor. And it's a laptop. I'm curious whether changing thermal paste could help.
>>
>>61745001
Clean the fan and dust out the heatsink, New paste would help since that old paste is probably hard as a rock by now
>>
Hey /g/ whats a decent AM4 Motherboard brand and model? I've been hearing that Gigabyte boards are having some issue and my budget is around $100-150. I plan to run a R5 1600 with it.
>>
>>61745001
Not him but I had a piece of shit prebuilt from '07 I'd bitch about on the internet a lot at the time. It was a tiny computer and I had to open it up and manually clear out the dust periodically (1-4 times a year, don't remember) to prevent it from overheating.

Its idle temps were I forget, but it would overheat and crash at 90 degrees, so clearly it wasn't that far below at idle. It was a desktop, so different from a laptop as you have, and the smaller case fucked performance for "aesthetic" purposes, but if this gives any context at all I think your faith in old tech not delivering should be little. You can go for it if you can be arsed but my '07 prebuilt desktop was cucked out the box.
>>
>>61745001
Just retire it. Seems like a low performance one
>>
Is there anyway I can apply gaussian blur to dash-to-dock like in macOS?
>>
What would be better for a monitor, higher refresh rate or higher resolution?? I am looking for one but I can only afford one of those features. I mostly just play Vidya
>>
I'm learning to NGINX and I'm trying to add a configuration for some page that will work on php.

Where exactly goes the configuration? I read something about pasting the configuration into a file and then including the path in some place, but I don't know if I sould include it in sites-avalible or in sites-enabled.

I kinda rushed it so if I missing something, just tell me.
>>
I'm trying to set up network sharing on my drives through Windows 10, and some drives are sharing just fine where as others aren't letting me in. They all have the same permissions, so I'm not sure where I went wrong. Please advise.
>>
>>61744984
Google can do it, but only on desktop version.
Tools => size
>>
>>61745289
depends on your preference as well as what kind of games you play
fast-paced games (such as fps) benefit more from higher refresh rates, while slower games that have a lot of information on screen (such as simulation/rts games) tend to benefit from higher resolution
>>
>>61745314
What's the client device? What do you share? A whole disk?
>>
>>61745299
arch wiki
nginx
Follow
>>
>>61745429
Thanks mate, reading it right now.
>>
>>61745427
Laptop on the same network, trying to share whole disks.
>>
>>61737776
yes, https, you've been using it for years.
if you don't want them to know what sites you're visiting, use tor.
if you don't want them to know you're using tor, get a vpn, and use tor on the other end of the tunnel
if you don't want them to know you use a vpn, deploy your own vpn, buy several IP addresses, and custom write tunnel software to disguise your vpn traffic as http requests.

other than that, you're screwed
>>
>>61730021
Is there some fucking server manager that is secure and would allow me to note down things like what ports route where, credentials I have, its hard keeping track of like 15 servers with all their individual ports, IPs etc.
>>
>>61739281
because .tar.gz is tarballed source, not binaries
pacman can only install precompiled binaries

run tar xvf ./discord.tar.gz
cd discord-[directory name]
make build
then probably pacman -U discord-[buildnumber].pkg
>>
>>61745050
>>61745072
>>61745073
Thank you, I will try to reapply the thermal paste. Sadly this is my only laptop and I don't have money to buy new one.
>>
File: WB8faiz.gif (2MB, 700x393px) Image search: [Google]
WB8faiz.gif
2MB, 700x393px
Is it wise to regularly use torrent to get videofiles on an android phone, or will this kill the eMMC memory soon?
>>
>>61742694
it may not necessarily be faulty memory, but mismatched memory
unless your motherboard specifically supports it, you can't just jam two nonidentical dimms into it, they need to be the same size, make, and model
try removing the 8gig stick
also run memtest64 on tests 5 and 8 for an hour or two
>>
>>61739281
Get an aur helper and install it. Or grab the source from the aur website and manually run it your self with makepkg
>>61745566
>then probably pacman -U discord-[buildnumber].pkg
No.
You need to build a PKGBUILD to be able to have a package that pacman will install.
>>
>>61745541
yes, excel
don't always look for the most sophisticated solution to your simple fucking problem, just write your shit down, then `gpg -c` it
>>
>>61744089
Anyone?
>>
>>61745647
ah yeah my bad, been a long time since i used abs

>>61745611
if you're going to be holding onto a phone long enough to worry about the flash dying, you need a better job
>>
>>61744089
>>61745680
go see a fucking doctor, dumbass
>>
>>61745692
It's only been this way, off and on for two days, you autistic sperg. If it continues for a week, I will. But until then, I was curious how it affected others, how long, what they did, etc. It's called information gathering, you fucking retard.
>>
>>61745749
webmd faggot
>>
>>61745749
>autistic sperg
>fucking retard
you are literally asking people on an anime imageboard medical advice, rather than getting off your cheeto stained ass to see a doctor, like everyone else would.
>>
>>61743785
I am just a regular driver mate, with a regular vehicle.
>>
>>61745396
Ok, I play mostly normie games (overmeme, csgo, kf2 etc) so a higher refresh rate would be better? If so, any recommendations in the $300 price range?
>>
>>61745469
>>61745427
>>61745314
I guess just creating folders on the drives and sharing those worked out.
>>
>>61739246
Why is it highly recommended?

But I will do this then. A good mount, a better radio (current one has no AUX, USB, or Bluetooth), and a battery bank or car charger.
>>
>>61745652
I would rather not use excel
>>
File: desktop phenom logo update copy.jpg (169KB, 894x588px) Image search: [Google]
desktop phenom logo update copy.jpg
169KB, 894x588px
What's the appeal of newer processors? moar cores?, higher clocks? You wanting to decrease your video encoding times down to 15 min for a 2HR video with all quality settings jacked to the max? I mean what's the point? Surely unless unless you are doing loads of video work (then you could just build/reuse another pc and dedicate it for this task in a headless manner, just RDP into it when needed) your current cpu is fast enough, your games don't use all 8/16 cores, hell a lot only use single core, the same with programs. In any event some processors (FX) are actually worse in gaming tasks than there predecessors so you basically waste your money for no gain. Other than bragging rights. Sooner or later you hit a wall. Once you hit least 60 fps with AA/AF/Quality jacked to the max with high res (Some games are fps locked to boot) it all comes meaning less. I used to be like a lot of you constantly upgrading but after I got older and I realized that the games I played/tasks I was doing were all being done perfectly fine,overkill really, with my current setup I quit upgrading. Pic related my current setup
>>
How do you guys throw away old laptops/PCs?
>>
>>61745935
pawn shop, any sort of electronics recycler, or those freegeek places.
>>
>>61745922
WOAH there buddy.Why do you have a QUAD CORE 3.2 GIGAHERTZ processor?
HOLY DICK THATS SO OVERPOWERD
You clearly dont nee anything more then a 1ghz.
>32gb ram
Damn son you onyly need 1 gb or ram,anythign more is awaste
>1.5tb of storage
Surely you dont need this much space, a 120gb hdd is more then enough
>>
>>61745469
https://www.lifewire.com/net-use-command-2618096

Try the "net use" command build in Windows command line, this may tell you something is wrong so the file sharing failed
>>
>>61745817
Windows workgroup sharing requires two things: Access permissions, you must have the same account on all network computers and for Everyone access (guest) the Guest Account must be activated. Also Folder permissions must be set accordingly so for music say give permission to users,guests for read only while giving you and administrators full control.
>>
are "professional gaming chairs" just really overpriced and colourful office chairs or are they actually good for people who sit a lot?

i've wanted something like an aeron for a while, but it's out of my price range and i noticed somebody selling "professional gaming chairs" in my area for like 1/3 of what i'd have to spend on an aeron. doesn't seem to have any bells ad whistles or stupid shit, just says that it's "ergonomically designed for long periods of sitting" and the amazon reviews seemed pretty positive.
>>
>>61737998
Install Ubuntu, read the motherboards manual
>>61742040
Yes, probable? No.
>>61745611
It may kill your sdcard but no it will not kill your internal storage in your lifetime.
>>61746040
Get an auto cycling and auto inflating patient bed or you'll get ass aids.
>>
Pretty often my keyboard won't work. It happens when booting. Numlock light is on, but doesn't respond to any inputs.
It's an offbrand mechanical gaming keyboard with PS2 plug and I'm using W10.

I've searched around and apparently W10 has this problem but I don't know what to do?
The solution so far is to navigate to device manager with just the mouse, uninstall the device and reboot.
>>
File: 313Z2Zz3I7L.jpg (13KB, 354x212px) Image search: [Google]
313Z2Zz3I7L.jpg
13KB, 354x212px
>>61746040
Something like this and put it under your ass, seriously.

I guess they call them alternating pressure mattress or something.
>>
>>61746040
"Gaming" memes are overpriced shit
Get a lazyboy recliner
>>
learning java, javascript (node.js), php, sql and mysql db engine is enough to land a job as a backend developer? do I have to learn frameworks aswell?
>>
Does anyone get connection issues sometimes with Whatsapp Web on Firefox?
Way too often I get messages about not having internet connection on the PC. Clearing the cache usually fixes it.
>>
>>61745935
What are you throwing away? DM me I might take it, or list it on craigslist
>>
>>61745935
In my area there some charities that will gladly take old pcs for poor kids i think
>>
>>61746404
No,they mass scrap them to get the copper,gold and platinum out of it
>>
File: 1487012683658.png (1MB, 1200x1198px) Image search: [Google]
1487012683658.png
1MB, 1200x1198px
anyone have any comments on using a projector+screen for their set up? thinking it would be fun to have a 100" "monitor". ya or nah?
>>
>>61746194
>is enough to land a job as a backend developer?
i'm a backend developer and i've never heard of db engine

also, don't learn php, it's outdated

>do I have to learn frameworks aswell?
depends on the talent pool in your area, the more you know the better chance you stand obviously
>>
>>61746535
>outdated
it isn't
>>
What package do I have to install to have user account management in KDE System Settings?
>>
>>61745922
>You wanting to decrease your video encoding times down to 15 min for a 2HR video with all quality settings jacked to the max?
that'd be awesome, as it is i get 3-5fps for my usual encodings, with (tweaked) medium preset hevc, at 720p
encoding a 2 hour video in 15 minutes means you're doing 8 times faster than real time, so for a 24fps video, that's 192fps encoding!
>>
>>61746535
thx for replying, anon. I probably sounded retarded typing "db engine", my bad

I looked for backend jobs in my country (I'm not from US of A) and most of 'em asks for php knowledge, I'll have to learn at least the basics, but tell me, anon, if not php, what's your suggestion? as for frameworks I plan to learn spring and hibernate
>>
How do I animate a mouth/basic stuff like in the murdoch murdoch videos?
>>
What are some good memory viewing/editing programs that aren't laden with malware?
>>
>>61730289
VMWARE ESX
>>
>>61746674
>if not php, what's your suggestion? as for frameworks I plan to learn spring and hibernate
how much time do you really have, can you afford to learn everything?

just ditch php, learn spring and hibernate along with java, maybe also other tech like elasticsearch, zookeeper, docker, kubernetes, kafka, rabbitmq etc..

i'm sure they will serve you much better
>>
>>61730755
intel

>>61731339
use compatability mode
>>
What is a good thick phone? I hate this thin meme, but my google-fu is terrible so I can't find anything. I'm talking half an inch or so, almost brickish. Preferably without rounded corners, but I'll take what I can get at this point.
>>
>>61746727
cheatengine
>>
Alright so i need to install win 7 but since the board doesn't have IDE i'm using an IDE to USB convertor instead...First time i plugged it in the "press any key to boot from dvd" came up but just did nothing for a while, now any drive i try either doesn't get recognized at all/doesn't boot the CD or just gives out "reboot and select proper boot device"

What the fuck?

Since i still have the win 7 x64 iso is there a way for me to somehow quickly make an USB setup out of it?
>>
>>61746886
>>61746886
Tried the vista setup CD now but it basically just freezes

I don't think any of those drives except one are actually busted so it has to be the fucking IDE-USB connector preventing it from reading the disk
>>
>>61744470
What is this program? Where do I get it?
>>
>>61746886
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/windows-usb-dvd-download-tool
Is this what you mean? It burns the ISO to a USB key which can be booted from.
>>61746923
newfag
>>
>>61746923
https://www.piriform.com/speccy
>>
File: 261s3xttaw4y.jpg (18KB, 600x596px) Image search: [Google]
261s3xttaw4y.jpg
18KB, 600x596px
/G/entlemen, is my idea a viable one?

I'm thinking about making a dictionary website for my language pair that will consistently scrap existing dictionaries. I presume the hosting won't cost anything (no pictures, ui will be mostly css/html) and I hope to gain some income by carefully placed unobtrusive advertisements. I've been sperging heavy lately so I can't work under anyone else but I need to earn a couple bucks. Would that make any money?
>>
File: defeat.png (201KB, 444x391px) Image search: [Google]
defeat.png
201KB, 444x391px
My connection is dogshit but when I use network adapter in troubleshooting to resolve whatever problem is going on its fixed for like 20 secs then goes back to being shit.

What am I doing wrong?
>>
>>61746814
atrix 4g
>>
File: ram.png (78KB, 1187x722px) Image search: [Google]
ram.png
78KB, 1187x722px
What ram is the best? worst?
>>
>>61746765
if I have to learn everything in order to get a job as a backend developer there's no other choice for me I'll have to do it. that's why I came here to ask what is enough to start working with backend

java, spring, hibernate and for example elasticsearch are really enough? no need to learn SQL? I'm sorry for being this stupid, it's because there are so many names...
>>
Is a i5 3450 still good?
I often get 100% cpu load while watching stream
>>
File: disk-unknown-not-initialized-2.jpg (27KB, 445x190px) Image search: [Google]
disk-unknown-not-initialized-2.jpg
27KB, 445x190px
External disk crashed in the while playing an mp3 through winamp.

I've looked through the /g/ Data Recovery section and other info trying to figure what happened to the disk.

Pic related is what I see in diskmgmt.msc and when it starts, it notifies me that the disk is uninitialized.

From what I've gathered, the MBR was damaged. I've tried using TestDisk EaseUS Partition Master Free, and MiniTool Partition Wizard Free to restore the MBR. Unfortunately, all three tools couldn't locate the disk.

Can the drive be recovered?
>>
Any torrent for Malwarebytes 3 that actually works?
>>
how can I make my torrent client store files directly to my cloud server?
>>
>>61746886
>>61746886
>>61746886
so the windows usb dvd download tool says it's not a valid iso file when i select it which is bullshit of course

anyone know a fix?
>>
>>61746711
Bump
>>
Would different thermal pastes have different results with different cpus?
I mean that thermal paste #1 works better with cpu #1, but thermal paste #2 works better with another cooler.
>>
>>61746937
>>61746939
Yes, new to g
Also thanks
>>
I'm looking for a vocoder or similar software that would allow me to distort audio samples.

The target is to get something similar to the Killer 7 voices.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2y86iPEUh90 [Embed]

Any ideas?
>>
>>61747023
Whats the max(non-oc) freq that your motherboard supports?
>>
>>61747403

>>
>>61747334
No. All they do is transmit heat between two layers, there's nothing arcitecture-specific about that.

>>61747061
No.

>>61747115
Try opening the case and inserting the hard disk directly into your motherboard. If that doesn't work then the controller is dead or the platters are fucked.
>>
>>61747444
Grab the $125 set
>>
>>61747115
Boot a liveusb linux and see if it detects it/is mountable if not try dd_resuce to see if you can get anything back
>>
>>61747042
>there's no other choice for me I'll have to do it.
not necessarily

if you specialise in an area, just wait for the right job to come around, instead of trying to learn everything to be able to apply to any job

chances are, no one job is going to utilise all those skills and you'll just forget the ones you don't use in a few months into the job

also, i didn't say drop sql, you'll probably need that
>>
>>61747460

What about the cas latency?.

Would the EVGA brand override the Kingston?. The Kingston is also 1.2 volts. I just read that lower volts are almost always better.
>>
>>61747485
Cas latency is moot,they are all around 15/16 these days.
>Lower volt
Only if you're super ultra mega jew 5000 on your power bill.its a non issue

Override what?
>>
>>61747518

I figured the Kingston had better specs so you were telling me to get the EVGA because of the brand. But now I understand. The specs on the EVGA are actually better/same. Cas latency is a tiny bit slower but the speed is a lot higher?.
>>
>>61747538
Yes
>>
>>61730021
Is there any free VPN for android or gnu/linux that don't keep logs? I am in a country where you can't buy anything online
>>
>>61747561

Nice. It's going to match the brand of PSU I get. Might throw in a EVGA 1050 ti video card. My current one is a Zotac 650 Ti.
>>
I just built a NAS with a DLNA media server just to realize that I am completely out of the loop when it comes to downloading shit.

What are good options to get some series and movies on my NAS?

I burned myself on torrents a few years ago, so I'm hesitant on this one
>>
>>61747538
It's just ram, it's all the same, having X speed over Y speed isn't going to get you any noticeable performance increase, just the cheapest one
>>
>>61747265
>>61747265
Fixed it via poweriso but now at 99% the POS download tool says "we were unable to copy your files" lmao
>>
>>61730021
can i use a:
19.5v 9.23 amp charger

on a:
11.1v li-ion battery
?
>>
>>61747115
can you hear the disk spin? if it makes a wierd ticking sound its broken. if you hear it spin like normal you should be able to fix it
>>
>>61747600
ddl sites / seedbox
>>
Has anyone got a link to that website where you can check what torrents your IP has gotten caught for?
>>
>>61747941
>>61747941
Now it says files copied successfully but we were unable to run bootsect to make it bootable

is this because i already did the fat32 thing via cmd? Ah fuck it just going to try if it works now
>>
>>61748318
iiknowhatyoudownload
>>
>>61748344
Thanks dear anon.
>>
I was using HandBrake to convert a DVD into mp4 files. The audio I converted from AC3 to AAC, but the quality is obviously worse. Should I even bother with converting to AAC or what?
>>
>>61748337
>>61748337
LOL it actually worked but mouse and keyboard all stopped working in the setup screen
>>
>>61748378
Did you change the default settings?
>>
What are readmes usually used for in git? I see a lot of them being used with images and descriptions about the project.
>>
>>61748405
By default HandBreak sets to convert the audio to AAC, 160kbps. All I did was to increase it to 192 as it is that much on the DVD. But the audio on the DVD itself is AC3 format.
>>
>>61748448
i'd recommend not transcoding the audio from a dvd unless it was in PCM format
>>
>>61748388
>>61748388
>>61748388
LOL now with the ps2 mouse it says a driver is missing and no device drivers were found

Today really is my lucky day it seems like

Seriously this is fucking unreal first the data loss and now this
>>
>>61748491
I guess so. I tried making an episode with AC3 audio and it sounds normal. The file size is not any different also.
>>
>>61748577
same bitrate = same size
if you're using the same bitrate, all you're doing is hurting quality by doing a lossy>lossy transcode with no benefit
>>
01101000 01110100 01110100 01110000 01110011 00111010 00101111 00101111 01101001 00101110 00110100 01100011 01100100 01101110 00101110 01101111 01110010 01100111 00101111 01100111 01101001 01100110 00101111 00110001 00110101 00110000 00110001 00111001 00110100 00110000 00111000 00110000 00110111 00110101 00110110 00110011 00101110 01110111 01100101 01100010 01101101
>>
>>61748596
In the audio options of HandBrake if I have just selected AC3 and the 192 bitrate will it still transcode/convert the audio and possible hurt it?
>>
>>61748577
>>61748596
also, be careful to tell handbrake to copy the audio, don't tell it to convert to ac3, otherwise you might be doing a transcode from ac3 to ac3
>>
>>61748633
i'm not sure if it's smart enough to recognize that it can copy the streams, given identical input/output parameters
better to just tell it to copy, that way you're sure it will just copy them as-is
>>
>>61748638
>>61748663
Have you actually used HandBreak? Cause I have no idea how I would set it to just copy. I see no such option.
>>
>>61748701
I just realized, but maybe that is what "passthru" implies?
>>
>>61748741
according to
https://handbrake.fr/docs/en/1.0.0/advanced/surround-sound.html
yes, "passthru" implies unmodified stream copy, so that's what you want to use
>>
File: explorer_2017-08-05_13-34-03.png (3KB, 391x46px) Image search: [Google]
explorer_2017-08-05_13-34-03.png
3KB, 391x46px
hey sqt

halp

i have a ridiculously large rendering i want to open, specs are pic related. Any ideas? photo viewer and honeyview wont even touch it.
>>
I have a question regarding a laptop.

Laptop recently died. Only need it for writing up reports and browsing the net now and then.

Could you perhaps give me some suggestions please?

Ideally, I need to spend no more than £200 and it needs to be new.

Thanks in advance.
>>
>>61748785
1kb more. So it did indeed convert it before that.
Thanks, guys.
By the way what bitrate would you suggest for shitty 755x574? I am doing 1776. It is definitely more than needed, considering I got the number from some 720p releases.
>>
>>61748911
use CRF, not CBR/VBR, unless you have a good reason for having a specific sized output
>>
in base64, why is TEST not encoded to VEVTVA
when I do "echo TEST | base64" I get VEVTVAo=
where did the 'o' come from
>>
>>61748541
Decided to temporarily run with win10 since it has a greater chance of installing, and then later on when i got a SATA-based drive hooked up directly to the machine i will try the win 7 install dvd again which seems like the best solution
>>
Learning C++ inheritance and would like some clarification.
So when you inherit a base class as public, it's basically a copy of the original class like Java/C#? But when you use private or protected it just changed the access of the derived class?
>>
>>61746173
good call. had one in the basement that i assumed was too big to fit under the desk or would just be a bitch to keep sliding in and out, but i measured it and it's ok. plus there were holes in the corners of the frame that were the right size for the smallest caster stems, so now i have a rolling recliner for a little over $10 worth of parts plus the $40 i had spent on the chair like 4 years ago.
>>
Anyone knows a good torrent site for JAVs?
>>
>>61749011
Also what is the point/use of protected? If inherited classes use protected members what's the difference to it just using private? What's a scenario where you'd use protected?
>>
>>61748975
By that you mean the Constant Quality number, I gather? After the number of 22 it says RF, so I guess it is Constant RF. Why though? Because it automatically decides to give more bitrate to the scenes with more movement in them?
>>
>>61749123
yes, and it stands for constant rate factor
this is an oversimplification, but basically it means that it will hit a consistent level of quality, rather than bitrate.
it basically gives you one benefit of 2-pass VBR (more consistent distribution of "quality"), using only one pass (faster), the other benefit to 2-pass VBR is that you can target a specific final file size, but this doesn't always matter, and likely doesn't in your case, either
>>
>>61749178
What should I go for? 21 gave my a slightly smaller file size than now, and well, 20 a slightly bigger. Respectively just bellow 1700kbps and just above 2000kbps. If I want relatively the same size I should probably go with 21, but I have my doubts. I guess it is on my to decide how quality I want.
>>
>>61749178
-- oh, crf also takes some of the trial and error out of 2-pass vbr, with 2-pass vbr, the quality level you get is dependent on the content of each specific video you use, you can't use the same values and expect similar quality with different video, where with crf, you can
so this makes crf a better choice for people who want it to "just werk", as well, as they can pick a crf value once, and it will more or less give consistent results with any input video
>>
What else can i put on my hdd.I have / mount and im only using 15% of the 100gb i partitioned out./home is on another drive.What can i use the rest of the ssd for?
>>
I keep getting an error anytime I try to save with Editor. I don't get why they installed this without my knowledge.
>>
i need something other than the win10 photo viewer, what do i get family?
>>
>>61749268
lower crf = higher quality, higher bitrate/size
assuming x264, it's something like this;
>30 = ass
~26-28 = low quality
~20-22 = ok quality
~16-18 = decent quality
<15 = high quality

experiment yourself to see what your own preferences are, some people care more about small differences than others, i'm a bit pickier than most, i've found

also note that the preset (ultrafast ... placebo) does little to affect quality in crf mode, only the bitrate needed to hit the crf value, so you want to use the slowest preset you can put up with, for a smaller output
>>
File: bug report.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
bug report.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Any solutions to pic related would be great thanks
>>
What's a good super cheap web host? I'm currently with 247zilla but my files have started getting randomly deleted which is pretty concerning. They claim to have 24/7 support but in reality there's zero support and their website is half broken. I don't mind no support, as long as the service actually works...

Looking at GitHub, NoSupportLinuxHosting, and KimSufi, but could consider others. Any recommendations?
>>
Why cant win10 setup find any drives, is it because of the USB setup shit? The SATA one is connected properly
>>
How can I change the background color of .pngs to match a custom theme here? It just uses the default theme color.
>>
>>61749400
Well the preset is currently on fast. So If I make it on faster it will just shit out a (slightly?) bigger file, but faster?
Encoder profile is on Auto. If I remember correctly High profile makes worse quality?
>>
>>61749626
you can't, thumbnails for png's are composited into flat jpeg's by 4chan servers
>>
>>61749406
>Insider Preview
There's your problem.
>>
Replacement for the Stylish addon? Or is hacking the firefox css necessary
>>
>>61749406
>Windows 10
>>
So I'm looking to build a server out of some old towers that supported winXP.

I'd like to use a Linux based server to build a searchable database that would primarily be accessed by mobile devices.

Could someone point me in the right direction to start this project?
>>
>>61749645
>Well the preset is currently on fast. So If I make it on faster it will just shit out a (slightly?) bigger file, but faster?
yea, that's the idea
>Encoder profile is on Auto. If I remember correctly High profile makes worse quality?
you should leave that on auto (picks the lowest profile needed to satisfy other parameters)
you likely have no reason to touch this, it affects decoder compatibility by setting artificial restrictions on codec features. unless you're trying to make video to work on old hardware decoders, like for a PSP, then you can just leave it on auto, it will pick the lowest common profile based on other settings you've set
>>
File: sadmario.png (130KB, 282x269px) Image search: [Google]
sadmario.png
130KB, 282x269px
Is there really no way to use a Xbox 360 wireless controller on my Windows 7 through bluetooth?
>>
>>61749728
nginx+mariadb with some frontend search indexer
>>
>>61749677
B-but Windows Subsystem for Linux :(
>>
>>61749741
No but SOME xbox one controllers do use bluetooth and work on PC with it. You can tell by the glossy part of the controller. Your only other option is to get the wireless adapter.
>>
>>61730021
Can somebody please help me?
I built a new PC and the graphics card gives no output after some random timespan. This only happens in Windows, not in UEFI.
Tried reinstalling drivers.
System:
Ryzen 5 1400
GTX 1050ti
B350 Prime
>>
File: 1500454527689.png (14KB, 158x200px) Image search: [Google]
1500454527689.png
14KB, 158x200px
>>61749770
Just like how I thought about it. Thanks.
>>
Under GNU/Linux the find_package(foo REQUIRED) cmake command usually just finds something installed by the package manager. How does it find them in Windows and OS X? And what's the best way to make sure that the same version of each library is available on all platforms?
>>
>>61749077

When you inherit a class, you're not making a copy, you're extending the original class.

When you inherit as public, all public members of the base class are accessible to external code calling into your new class.

When inheriting as private, no external code nor any code deriving from your class can access members of the parent class.

When inheriting as protected, no external code can access members of the base class, but later classes deriving from your class can access public and protected members of the parent class.

In my opinion, it was a mistake to make the default private. It should have been protected.
>>
>>61749745
Thanks!
>>
File: IMG_0201.jpg (2MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0201.jpg
2MB, 3024x4032px
Can you not buy an incomplete build off of PC part picker?

I bought a mobo/cpu/ram combo off a friend and just need to buy a psu cpu cooler, fan, case fans and case but I can't find an option to check out.
>>
>>61730021
So I'm constantly switching audio outputs on Windows to go between speakers and headphones. I'd like a hotkey or something to make it faster. What should I do for that? I'd like to just do something natively; there seem to be a lot of little programs for it, but I try not to get a thousand tiny purpose-built things like that.
>>
>>61749905
Oh okay, thanks.
So if base class has a member x which has mem address 0x0001, a derived class will also share this memory address for its member? It won't, say, make its own version of x at address 0x0002?
>>
all i have to say is FUICK MTP its fucking garbage and is now preventing me from moving files to my fucking SD card on my fucking phone iots a piece of shit and fuck the ashjole that invented it i dont need my phone to prevent me from using it like this fuck fuck fuck fuuuuck just use usb storage you utter piece of shit why why why why who the fuck thought this stupid horseshit was a good idea? i shouldnt have to borrow other peoples computers to add apps to my fucking wiiu anjd i cshouldnt have to take it up the ass from kmart of a card reader the fucking phne that has a fucking SD card slot should have no fucking issue with doing this

FUCK MTP FUCK ITS INVENTOR AND FUCK ANYONE WHO LIKES IT
>>
>>61750019
You don't buy parts from pcpartpicker, it's just a tool that checks compatible for parts and such, it links you to the cheapest site to buy that part from, like Amazon or Newegg
>>
>>61750124
use adb or ftp

also, what did you expect from a microsoft technology?
>>
>>61749667
No shit? Damn.
>>
>>61750124
I'm sorry, you seem to be laboring under the impression that this is the Stupid Rant Thread.
>>
>>61750165
NO FTP IS SLOW AS ALL FUCK AND I DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT ADB IS OR HOW TO ENABLE IT WHY CANT I JUST USE USB MASS STORAGE? I AM BEING PUNISHED FOR OTHER PEOPLES STUPID HORSESHIT DECISIONS
>>
So what are browser caches and why does clearing those caches/cookies help stop website glitches from occurring

like lets say you click on something on a website and it keeps looping you back to someplace, then you clear the cache and it lets you through
>>
>>61750210
i don't recall ever seeing someone who says otherwise here, you're preaching to the choir
>>
>>61746940
Is my question too stupid?
>>
>>61750124
You can try booting to recovery and see if shit works any better there. If it just won't copy certain files, you can change their extension or zip them. Otherwise a network transfer is your best bet.
>>
>>61750237
can you rephrase "making a dictionary website for my language pair that will consistently scrap existing dictionaries."?
>>
Cannot install windows 10 due to this error;

>Windows cannot be installed to this disk. the selected disk has an MBR partition table. On EFI system, Windows can only be installed to GPT diskst

Apparently the setup USB itself is recognized as UEFI so turning it off in bios is not an option
>>
>>61750161
god, thanks. That's embarrassing.
>>
>>61750325
>/g/ is NOT your personal tech support team or personal consumer review site.
>>
>>61750257
not him but I think he meant scrape
>>
>>61750325
boot into windows
open start menu and type part
open the "create and format harddisk partitions" option
right click on the target drive
select convert to GPT
>>
>>61749737
A CRF of 20 just ended up producing a smaller episode than the original settings. This makes me kind of anxious.
Also does it really matter if the extension is going to be m4v or mp4? Isn't it suppose to be basically the same thing? By the default if I select an mp4 container the file ends up with an .m4v extension.
>>
>>61750672
>A CRF of 20 just ended up producing a smaller episode than the original settings. This makes me kind of anxious.
by original settings, you mean 1776kbps CBR?
that's easy to explain, with CBR, it uses that many bits per second, regardless of the content, so you get a consistent size regardless of content, but the quality can vary wildly
for example, a slow/still scene will look better than a fast-paced scene, as the former doesn't need as many bits as the latter, but you've given them the same number of bits
with crf, the codec is able to use less bits on on the scenes that don't need as many, and give more to the scenes that do

as for mp4/m4v, i don't really use mp4, but i don't think there's a difference between those two (except the extension)
>>
>>61749751
That's been released to normal win10 already.
>>
>>61747483
sorry for taking this long to answer. I guess I'll have to agree with you

thx for your replies and advices, I really appreciate
>>
>>61750773
Yes. I get the logic, but it is just trippy. Does the file size of the original actually matters? Because the first like 10 DVDs have like 5 episodes per disk, but later it drops to 4, yet the file size of the disk as a whole changes from like 4.2GB to 4GB.
>>
>>61750220
It is where downloaded site assets are stored so they don't have to be re-downloaded if you go back to the site or to one that shares assets. The site should pass a value in response headers to tell your browser when it needs to get an updated version.
>>
>>61750373
/sqt/ is literally just a tech support general what are you on about
>>
>>61750865
And by this I mean of course that in the later disks as it is almost the same file size, but less episodes, the episodes do get some extra bitrates. So the question is really if original bitrate matters with CRF.
>>
>>61750865
>Does the file size of the original actually matters?
no, actually, it doesn't
what happens is this;
original file > decoder > uncompressed data > encoder > new file
the data must be decompressed before it can be compressed with another codec, hence why it's called transcoding, and not just encoding
since it's actually the uncompressed data being encoded to the new format, the size of the original compressed data does not matter, only the content matters
>>
>>61750898
but what causes the glitches?
>>
>>61749772
Did you just reinstall your driver's or uninstall them first? If you didn't use DDU to uninstall them and then reinstall them.
>>
If i have extra space on an ssd, would it be worth while of makin a partion and using it to house downloads(http/ftp/torrent) then move them to to their archival drives?
>>
>>61750997
seperate partitions on the same drive are just asinine unless you're on linux and have a seperate /home partition to not lose shit when you upgrade/reinstall. also I don't know that you'd see any benefit from storing your downloads on an ssd rather than just directing them to their archival folder when you start the torrent, I mean drive speed doesn't effect download speed
>>
>>61750917
>>61750946
-- these is an indirect affect of the original filesize that can affect the size of the output, and that is that a higher quality input has more content (detail)
for example, all else being equal, lets say you have a 100kbps version and a 5000kbps version of the same video, for most kinds of video, the latter is going to have a lot more detail, so even though the uncompressed data is the same size between the two, the latter will result in a larger transcoded file, using crf, as it has more content/detail than the former
>>
>>61751039
Im on linux
/ is a 100gb partition on the ssd,ive got 150gb unallocated.
/home is a completly different drive its self
I have another drive that that media and etc goes on
I just cant think of what else to use the unallocated space for
>>
>>61751074
>these is an indirect affect
there is an indirect effect*
getting tired, excuse me
>>
>>61751081
use the space as storage for an extra set of your backups, you never know when a drive is just gonna die or sometimes shit just randomly gets corrupted, so extras is a good idea
>>
>>61751117
I already have two sets of backups on 2 seperate disks
>>
>>61750970
Dunno, it shouldn't happen normally. Maybe that's why they are glitches.
>>
How used is multiple inheritance in c++? Why was it scrapped in c#/java?
>>
Does the kmspico i used to activate win8 with work on win10 aswell?
>>
How do I get a file owned by root from my server using scp, when remote root login is disabled?
>>
What's the best mouse to buy? G400 is dead for the second time after replacing the original cable.
>>
>>61751755
find the memory address and paste it into your browser
>>
>>61751755
you don't
>>
>>61751828
I can just say to not get the 402 as I have it. I even bought a second one, probably because I am retarded, even though I already learned the truth. It is not bad, but the mouse wheel is very stupidly made. It is what really brings it down. It is going to start making problems for sure, mostly because it gets dirty and then it is very hard to clean as you can't remove it in any way without breaking the mouse.
>>
What is OpenGL used with? C or C++?
I want to make an interactive 2D graph for my C++ project and don't know how to do it/what tools to use.
>>
Where on a Linux client are the client certificate and private key for my VPN supposed to go?
Something like ~/.openvpn?
>>
>>61750946
Probably one last question. HandBrake usually says the source is 720x576, but what it automatically chooses for resolution is different. Usually varies between something like 704x576 to 708x576. What it does is to remove some extra black bars are that in the source video. I shouldn't really care, right?
>>
>>61739182
the answer was to ssh into it instead of using the web broswer. I was running the LEDE os
>>
>>61752541
i usually only crop things if there are large bars (for example, most bluray films are a 2.4:1 picture in a 16:9 frame, that is, the content is 1920x800, but the frame itself is 1920x1080, so there's big 140 line bars on the top and bottom), but if you're certain the black bars are consistent throughout, there's no harm in cropping those out, try to keep the resulting resolution a power of 16 though, for optimal efficiency

also, related to image size, if the sources are stretched anamorphic (for example, a 16:9 video on a dvd is still 720x576 (or 720x480 for ntsc), just with non-square pixels), it's better to flag the video as being 16:9, rather than 'correcting' it by stretching the image before encoding (say, by resizing it to 1024x576), the reason is that any player can stretch the image on it's own during playback, given the appropriate aspect ratio flag, and you're just creating more pixels to encode, lowering your efficiency, with no real benefit
>>
>>61751629
It does both, but use MStoolkit instead.
>>
>>61752728
>>61752541
(yes, you heard me right, most of your "1080p" bluray movies are actually only 800p, the remaining 280 lines are just black bars)
>>
>>61752728
The 704:576 video is labelled as 176:135. And in HandBrake it says that the output will have display size of 751x576. Not sure what's going on here.
>>
>>61752241
Read the arch wiki on openvpn
>>
>>61752906
dvd's don't use strictly square pixels (that is, a PAR/pixel aspect ratio of 1:1), and support a DAR/display aspect ratio of 4:3 or 16:9 (by means of a flag in the file indicating as such)
the pixel aspect ratio doesn't really matter, provided a display aspect ratio is specified, that is, if it's specified that the picture be displayed as 4:3, no matter what the dimentions are, it will be displayed as 4:3, stretched to fit

the display size should be 768x576 for 4:3 video, it's been thrown off by cropping a small part of the video (a small enough part to not have been visible on CRT tv's anyway, due to overscan)
>>
>>61753068
>the display size should be 768x576 for 4:3 video
to be pedantic, this is assuming a display with square pixels, basically any modern display uses square pixels
Thread posts: 339
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.