[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best way to learn Programming, Networking, Security

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: trashSchool2.png (273KB, 441x334px) Image search: [Google]
trashSchool2.png
273KB, 441x334px
What's the best way to learn Programming, Networking, Security from the ground up??
>passed compTIA A+
>passed compTIA networking+
>passed compTIA security+
>passed compTIA linux+
>passed compTIA server+
>have associates and 4 credits from bachelors in comp sci
>probably(i think) could pass casp but haven't yet
>never had an actual job doing anything but helping others
>still don't know exactly how networks/security, or even computers in general, work on a fundamental level. i feel like i don't understand something basic, but don't know exactly what it is
with all the classes i've taken and all the books i've read i should understand more intuitively. what am i missing? is there a good place to go to start at the bottom? starting from learning everything about how computers and networks work. i've read a bunch of "basics" and "dummy" books but i feel like i need to be able to set everything up myself and build all the programs myself in order to really be able to understand
>>
>>61729009
>What's the best way to learn Programming, Networking, Security from the ground up

practice.
>>
>>61729009
Start doing CTFs if you want to get good. Start networking if you want a job.
>>
>>61729054
read the rest of OP. i've practiced plenty. doesn't help with what i'm looking for. it's kind of like a person who practices replacing hard drives or other components that go bad but still doesn't really understand what's inside or how they work
>>61729201
not worried about a job, really. i just want to fully understand what i'm doing. no one i ask even knows the answers to my questions. i want to know every in and out. how to build the hardware & software i'm using
>>
maybe get more than a 2 yr co-tech degree
>>
>>61729333
i do, and i'll have my bs in a couple months, but i feel like i don't have the right foundation.
>>
>>61729398
it's not just me. i feel like no one i meet really understands exactly what they're doing
>>
File: pepe_16.png (21KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
pepe_16.png
21KB, 640x640px
>>61729298
If you want to understand low level, you gotta go deeper, anon. Something tells me you don't actually want to know how all this shit works at a basic level though; you'll find out and say, "Cool. Good to know but I don't care."

>Networks
If you know how to set up a network, cool. If you don't know how packets work or about the TCP/IP stack, there's your hole. If that doesn't satisfy you, look up communication protocols. If THAT doesn't satisfy you, look up digital signal processing/signals analysis.

>Computers in general
Neat. Now, you gotta go to the electrical/computer engineering side of things. Look up digital design, computer architecture, assembly, hardware design languages.

Like I said, you don't want to know the details. You just want to know how it works and move on. I could go on and comment on your entire post, but I'd rather not.
>>
>>61729803
no, i'm like this with everything. i need to know or i can't go any further
i want to know the full story behind everything. how it was all invented or discovered, by who, and why. what problems were they trying to solve and what problems did "it" solve? how was it built on. every step; how and why.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.