[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FYI, this is now real > Two executables with different behavior

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 3

File: 1495388717192.png (17KB, 283x266px) Image search: [Google]
1495388717192.png
17KB, 283x266px
FYI, this is now real

> Two executables with different behavior but same MD5 and SHA1 hashes
>>
Wait wait, same md5 AND SHA1 hash at the same time?
I call bullshit
>>
>>61726372
yes, at the same time
>>
>not using SHA512
>>
File: 1501786720805.jpg (34KB, 600x480px) Image search: [Google]
1501786720805.jpg
34KB, 600x480px
post evidence please
>>
>>61726403
Calling bullshit means link or it didn't happen
>>
>>61726352
source, your dumb frog poster
we can create collisions on md5 and sha1, but to create 2 valid binary with the same behaviour, md5 and sha1 sounds extremely difficult
>>
>>61726352

Yes, that's why BOTH algorithms are deprecated and not used anymore, exept by morons and government agencies.
>>
>>61726372
>>61726403
>>61726424
>>61726433
It's just Common Sense. All hash algorithms have collisions so eventually you'll come across one hash that creates a collision for both MD5 and SHA1. You can't prevent it, even with SHA512, but you can increase the length of the hash in order to decrease the probability of a collision.
>>
>>61726470
You are saying what to me you son of bastard bich?
>>
>>61726433
>wants something from OP
>calling him dumb
>>
>>61726470
your mother is a whore
it's just common sense, any human bean would trade their body in extreme enough circumstances
>>
>>61726470
And that's statistically near impossible in our age you retard. Just because it works in theory doesn't mean we'll be able to ever achieve it. We could always go back in time by exceeding light speed but it won't happen.
>>
>>61726550
You're a moron. I bet you think the world is flat
>>
>>61726563
And I bet you think Hitler was wrong.
>>
>>61726550
>We could always go back in time by exceeding light speed but it won't happen.

That's physically impossible. Not very hard, just literally impossible.

>And that's statistically near impossible in our age you retard.
For MD5 and SHA1? These are pretty much broken down already.
>>
>>61726587
Hitler did nothing wrong
>>
>>61726601
Well, he killed himself, which is pretty cowardly.
>>
>>61726550
>Just because it works in theory doesn't mean we'll be able to ever achieve it.
But they just did you retard.
>>
>>61726599
But making a binary file that works is statistically impossible.
>>61726601
>battle of stalingrad
>dunkirk
>letting idiot mussolini invade greece alone
>not actually doing a holocaust
Here's just some
>>
>>61726636
His biggest mistake was slowing down his generals during the initial invasion of USSR and also not pressuring Japan to attack from the other side. Two fatal mistakes at the same time which were just enough to lose. And then others of course, like attacking Kursk head on.
>>
>>61726636

You can easily pad an executable with random data to make it's hash to your liking. SHA-1 has an assumed strength of 80 bits, so a padding of 10 byte will be enough to produce any hash you want. The trick is to find the 10 byte padding that together with the executable produces the desired hash.

This looks impossible because there are 2^80 different 10 byte strings in existence. H O W E V E R, SHA-1 is pretty flawed so finding collisions is much easier that brute forcing.
>>
File: shattered-sha-1-collision.jpg (61KB, 640x350px) Image search: [Google]
shattered-sha-1-collision.jpg
61KB, 640x350px
>>61726550

not so sure about a good known file having the same md5 and sha1 sums as an original untampered version as I wasn't that poster but both md5 and sha1 have been known to be broken in theory for a very long time, as of 2006 attacks against md5 were demonstrated against executables here http://www.mscs.dal.ca/~selinger/md5collision/
and more recently within the past few months google demonstrated concrete practical attacks against sha1 in pdfs (and in some other formats) https://shattered.io/

from another site, https://manishearth.github.io/blog/2017/02/26/clarifying-misconceptions-about-shattered/
>This does not make it easier to collide with arbitrary hashes – if someone else has uploaded a document with a hash, and you trust them to not be playing any tricks, an attacker won’t be able to generate a colliding document for this without immense resources. The attack only works when the attacker has control over the initial document; e.g. in a bait-and-switch-like attack where the attacker uploads document A, you read and verify it and broadcast your trust in document A with hash SHA(A), and then the attacker switches it with document B.

while there's no public attacks on executable files for sha1 yet it is a broken format in both theory and practice, you shouldn't use it where collisions are a problem (which for most purposes means you shouldn't use it)
>>
>>61726715
You forgot about the MD5 hash.
>>61726698
He also should have let the polish attack him first, since they were already on war footing. The british-polish pact was only a defensive one.
>>61726636
I meant two binary files of course.
>>
>>61726733
>both md5 and sha1 have been known to be broken in theory for a very long time

just to clarify since my wording was a little odd here, md5 has been known to be broken in theory since 1996 and sha1 has been known to be broken in theory since 2006, there's really been no excuse for these hashing functions to be as prevalent as they are
>>
>>61726758
>>61726733
They may have been broken but making a working binary that has BOTH the same MD5 and SHA1 hashes will be exceedingly difficult because the collisions are MULTIPLICATIVE.
>>
>>61726601
>Hitler did nothing wrong
FUCKING RETARD
HE FUCKING LOST THE WAR YOU IMBECILE.

And with that he ruined Germany forever.
>>
>>61726810
Maybe that was not such a bad thing tho.
>>
>>61726851
Why?
>>
>>61726601
He was nationalist
>>
>>61726810
He did bring Germany back from the Weimar republic so at least some of his legacy still lives on.
>>
>>61726876
>implying wanting to improve a country for your fellow countrymen is a bad thing
>>
>>61726876
t. (((Globalist)))
>>
>>61726352
OP and my post sha512 hashes are identical, does that mean that OP is a faggot?
>>
>>61726470
Having 2 files collide in a hashing algorithm? Sure.
Having 2 files collide in 2 hashing algorithms? Very unlikely.
Having 2 files collide in 2 hashing algorithms while both containing functioning code and not just gibberish? Virtually impossible.
>>
>>61726864
They made Einsteins refugees or worse.
>>
>>61726958
But nazi Germany also funded Heisenberg, von Braun, etc.
>>
>>61726894
Hitler didn't want to improve it. He wanted the German species to attack others and the stronger to win. He saw Jews as opponents to this kind of struggle in the world, that's why he hated them.
It's an insane view which has no analogues today.
>>
>>61726995

>who is Donald Trump

Next on the list for trump is to gas the Mexicans.
>>
>>61726995
>It's an insane view which has no analogues today.
I should say that's not completely true. Putin is toying with similar ideas. It'll be real dangerous as he gets more delusional with age.
>>
>>61727021
Trump just wanted racist republicans to vote for him in the primaries because it worked in precious primaries. If that's not transparent to you then you're just as dumb as those republicans.
>>
>>61726995
>Hitler didn't want to improve it.
That is factually incorrect. Undeniably he implemented programs with the aim to increase jobs and improve the German economy. This is not even debatable.

>He wanted the German species to attack others and the stronger to win.
Even if you believe this to be an abhorrent act, the goal of it all was to create "Lebensraum" and increase the area in which Germans lived. This had undoubtedly the goal to improve Germany, even in ways which someone can reasonably call morally wrong.

> He saw Jews as opponents to this kind of struggle in the world, that's why he hated them.
Again "the jews" were in hiseyes the enemy of the Germans, it would only be reasonable to assume that the genocide of the Jews had the goal to improve Germany.

You might very well call all that insane, but still his motives are clear. He wanted to improve Germany.
>>
>>61727032
>Putin is toying with similar ideas.
?

Are you insane?
>>
>>61726352
>now
Frogniggers once again proving that they know fuck all about hash functions and computers in general. Fucking lurk moar, nu-nigger.
>>
>>61727058
>That is factually incorrect. Undeniably he implemented programs with the aim to increase jobs and improve the German economy. This is not even debatable.
You're confusing cause and effect. Preparing for a WW employed many workers.

> Even if you believe this to be an abhorrent act,
It was not just one act. He had a belief what the world should look like that, an endless struggle between human species. And Jewish intellectuals, humanists, internationalists were standing in the way.
Again, it's hard now to understand what he really believed because there are no analogues today.
Imagine a primitive Darwinism mixed with WW1 zeal and add a guy that was fucked by life.
>>
>>61727067
I have a lot of knowledge about what I'm talking about.
I'm terribly sorry that the propaganda you're consuming as a bottom feeder TV viewer makes you blind to that. But that's kind of how those guys always get away with marching entire societies to their deaths.
>>
>>61727203
>You're confusing cause and effect.
No, I am not.
I was explaining to you why the evidence that Hitler indeed "wanted to improve Germany" is undeniable.

I have nothing else to say that I didn't already. You are wrong and everyone with a slight clue about history disagrees with you. It is undeniable that Hitlers goal(!) was to IMPROVE GERMANY.
You might disagree with the measures he took and you very well might be right in that, but that is irrelevant.
His intentions(!) are VERY clear.
>>
>>61727255
Tell me then.
What do Hitler and Putin have in common? They both drink water?

>I have a lot of knowledge about what I'm talking about.
I highly doubt that considering your retarded claims.
>>
>>61727265
>Hitler indeed "wanted to improve Germany"
Completely untrue. Hitler was okay with Germany losing in the struggle. He had faith in the "German species" and made arguments why it wouldn't but ultimately that perpetual "interspecies" struggle which the Jews were in the way of was the only important thing.
>>
>>61727339
I really don't need to argue this.
Go read a history book, you history illiterate. You have absolutely NO clue what you are talking about.
>>
>>61727357
>Go read a history book, you history illiterate.
LOL

I hope you're just young.
>>
>>61727387
No, but I actually have an education.
>>
>>61727274
> They both drink water?

If that's all then this tells me everything I need to know about you.
I'm not gonna waste my time, sorry. Go back to watching patriotic state TV.
>>
>>61727412
>No
That's sad.
>>
>>61727422
>Go back to watching patriotic state TV.
I don't even own a TV.

>If that's all then this tells me everything I need to know about you.
You mean that I can make a small joke, tells you everything about me?

I now suggest that you go back to /pol/ or /leftypol/ you conspiracy theoreist.
>>
>>61726470
Possible does not equal real
>>
>>61726934
>what is no op
plus, many instructions could have no actual effect on the program like incrementing a useless variable and such, so its not really impossible, just highly unlikely.
>>
>>61726352
You will have to upload said executables to convince me
>>
>>61727437
Well, you are wrong.

Sie muß dann, ohne Rücksicht auf „Traditionen“
und Vorurteile, den Mut finden,
unser Volk und seine Kraft zu sammeln zum
Vormarsch auf jener Straße, die aus der
heutigen Beengtheit des Lebensraumes
dieses Volk hinausführt zu neuem Grund
und Boden und damit auch für immer von der
Gefahr befreit, auf dieser Erde zu vergehen
oder als Sklavenvolk die Dienste anderer
besorgen zu müssen. - Adolf Hitler mein kampf page 732 (Talking about the purpose of the nationalsozialistische Bewegung and its goal to increase the living space of the Germans and to ever keep them out of slavery and out of extinction)

Should I go on?
>>
>>61726894
>improve a country
Waving flags and producing guns isn't the best way to do it, but some Burger love the idea.
>>
>>61726601
Only suicide. He had hired goons to do the rest.
>>
>>61727058
>goal to improve Germany.
Mostly grab their money and positions.
>>
>>61727274
>Hitler and Putin have in common
Olimpics meme and extreme corruption.
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.