[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/spg/ - Smartphone General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 346
Thread images: 42

File: 456453547645.jpg (308KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
456453547645.jpg
308KB, 2000x1000px
If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>Reviews, specs, comparisons
http://www.gsmarena.com
http://www.phonearena.com
http://www.kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
http://willmyphonework.net
http://frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
http://www.gizchina.com
http://www.gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of a long time ago (outdated)
https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

>News:
Sony G8441 spotted in benchmark listings, likely the Xperia XZ1 Compact
http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_g8441_spotted_in_benchmark_listings_could_well_be_xperia_z1_compact-news-26578.php

Nokia 8 camera interface leaks, second rear cam will have monochrome sensor
http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_8_camera_interface_leaks_the_dual_setup_will_be_rgb__mono_sensors-news-26579.php

New Samsung Galaxy Note8 image leaks [Updated]
http://www.gsmarena.com/new_samsung_galaxy_note8_image_leaks-news-26576.php

New leak claims to show final design for Motorola Moto X4
http://www.gsmarena.com/new_leak_claims_to_show_final_design_for_motorola_moto_x4-news-26577.php

iPhone 8 might record 4K in 60fps
http://www.gsmarena.com/iphone_8_might_record_4k_in_60fps-news-26575.php

iPhone 8 will have Smart Camera scenes, will support fast and wireless charging
http://www.gsmarena.com/iphone_8_will_have_smart_camera_scenes_will_support_fast_and_wireless_charging-news-26561.php

Lenovo to phase out its Vibe UI, will ship nearly-stock Android on all future phones
https://www.phonearena.com/news/Lenovo-to-phase-out-its-Vibe-UI-will-ship-stock-Android-on-all-future-phones_id96717

old >>61711122
>>
talk to me about the ASUS ZENFONE AR

SHOULD I GET IT OR WAIT FOR PIXEL

IM IN SOUTH EAST ASIA

I HAVE AZENFONE 2 NOW
>>
So im using Firefox Beta and ever since and update around May or June I'm unable to upload images. On every website that asks you to "click to upload" will highlight when tapped but nothing happens. Its really pissed me off. Does the normal Firefox work? Or is there a better browser out there
>>
What's a good smartphone to use in rural areas?
>>
>>61726000

You should turn off caps lock and have a ladyboy drill you in the ass, faggot
>>
>>61726132
Naked browser
Lightning browser
UC Browser Mini
Chrome
>>
bought huawei P10 lite for 250€, awesome phone and biometrics unlocking is cool. Stock rom is FILLED with tens of bloatware apps. Just installed Hayai launcher and f-droid, uninstalled everything I could. Now I feel home
>>
So, I decided to revive my Samsung S3. What's the lightest custom ROM out there for someone who will only use it as a dumb phone+ whatsapp and maybe telegram (which I'd discard for performance).

Turned on the phone just now (on stock ROM), and it is unbearably slow.
>>
>>61726245
LineageOS without Gapps
Use Fdroid to get FOSS apps
Use Yalp Store and Fake Play Store to get play store apps.
You will get insane battery life without google bloat.
>>
>>61726298
Thanks, m8. Downloading everything now.

I've been out of the loop on custom ROMs for a while. I've never heard of this LineageOS. Is it performance-focused? The LineageOS website doesn't seem to say much about it
>>
>>61726339
It's cyanogen mod's successor.
Not massively performance focused, but it's a FOSS project so bloatware is minimal.
It's pretty good, but there's not real any real tangible alternatives other than using some random russki fork on xda forums
>>
xiaomi phones are fine
>>
>>61726606
The hardware is great but MIUI is a disgusting chink abomination iOS clone.
>>
>>61726624
>xiaomi phones
where do you buy them ?
>>
>>61726627
chink import sites
I'm in the UK and I bought my Mi 6 off a site called GearBest
>>
What is sogoue IME for Zuk and how the fuck do I get rid of it?

also can I uninstall certain chinky bloat apps without root? I want to get rid of the default browser
>>
>>61726819

thanks
>>
>>61726830
No you can't.
You can disable them obviously.
But if you want control of your system you need root, that's literally what it's for. And preferably a proper ROM like lineage
>>
Is windows 10 mobile dead like the windows phones are?
>>
>>61726988
Yes
>>
If I buy a redmi note 4 now for $130ish will I regret it when the redmi note 5 comes out in like a couple months?
>>
Hey, y'all. I'm not sure where to look. I have an AT&T S6 Edge that I've had for a while (updated fully, sadly, to the latest update they pushed) and I want to root it and install a custom ROM and all that jazz. I've tried looking into it before, but it seemed impossible and there were so many different methods floating around that I really have no idea where to start. Could someone that knows what they're doing help me out?
>>
Where's the best place to buy black rectangles outright in Australia? All these prices are kind of hefty.
>>
>>61727048
Microsoft dropped support for windows phone 8.1 last month which is what 75% of their devices were. Throw in dropping support for silverlight apps in upcoming fall creators update, developers using silverlight will probably just drop the app entirely than rewrite it for UWP it looks like windows mobile is fucked.
>>
>>61726627
you can also look at aliexpress, banggood, honorbuy. use kimovil for price comparison. aliexpress is relatively safe because they have buyer protection that's independent of the sellers but any reputable site should be fine.
>>
iPhone SE 32GB on sale where I live, 330€ and it would be right on my budget. I dont know much about smartphones and don't care that much about being able to customize it etc.. mostly interested in getting good value and a nice camera. What do you think? Are there on the market other "realistic" cameras like those of the iPhone? I really hate the random crazy colours of some android phones...
>>
>>61727115
China
>>
>>61727266
Just get the SE
>>
>>61727099
Sell it and buy something with better custom ROM support
>>
Pls give phone that can play flac and watch anime under 200 bongshekels. Already got a virgin aim ready for it. I don't mind chinkshit so long as it doesn't explode in my face within a year
>>
Can someone please tell me his experience with blackberry keyone?
>>
>>61726245

There is literally nothing wrong with it, I had it last year and only the battery life was bad, otherwise it's still a great phone. I see no point in looking for some especially lightweight rom and limiting yourself to using only the simplest apps
>>
>>61727266
se is a 5 year old design with 3 year old guts. have you used one?
Its laggy as shit these days.
>>
>>61727351
https://www.carphonewarehouse.com/nokia/6.html
>>
>>61727471
Wrong. It's basically an iPhone 5S (released in 2013) with iPhone 6S (released in 2015) hardware.
>>
>>61727493
I thought nokias were shit nowadays. This an actual good phone?
>>
>>61727540
If you are talking about their Windows Phone days, they made excellent hardware that was held back by a lack of apps for the Windows Phone OS and the unstable buggy early Windows 10 Mobile

But they're making Android phones now with hardware as good as before so there is literally nothing wrong with their stuff now.
>>
>>61727540
It's on the GSMarena suggestion list for that price range: http://www.gsmarena.com/smartphone_buyers_guide_2017_h1-review-1635p4.php
So I guess it can't be that bad. Redmeme shills will probably spout some nonsense because of the outdated chip.
>>
>>61727564
How are their screen feedback?
>>
>>61727540
Yes. Great build quality, stock and bloat-free Android and fast updates. Nokia also said that their phones will get updated to Android O and P.
>>
>>61727599
http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_6-review-1597p3.php

Looks good.
>>
>>61726232
same
got a P9lite 2017 which is almost the same shit and I love it
I regret avoiding Huawei for no reason
>>
File: c7f.gif (1MB, 200x131px) Image search: [Google]
c7f.gif
1MB, 200x131px
>>61727538
same design as 2012 iphone. just do the math. why would you buy a two year old phone?
>>
File: 1500996692581.jpg (52KB, 366x613px) Image search: [Google]
1500996692581.jpg
52KB, 366x613px
>>61727718
But anon, the SE came out last year. Also, keep in mind that that 2 year old A9 SoC in it is still more powerful than any Android SoC
>>
I still have an LG G2, which is actually still fantastic but I feel like the battery is not what it once was, it often dies before I even get back home from long journeys (listening to music over 4G).

Is the Nokia 6 a good idea?
>>
Hey /g/ I have a story
>rooted a phone successfully
>modified anything I can
>done
>didn't modified for many months
>today, the applications requires to be rooted again
>download the rooting application and install it in via TWRP flash
>every time my phone dies my phone started asking for root everytime I installed root application.
>>
Why can't there exist a phone with 8 gigs of ram, great charging solution and a QHD display?

bonus points for nice looking design, phones look like shit nowadays, round corners, all virtually identical save for a few chink phones and even then those ones specs are too great.

I have the OP3 and I still can't get rid of it. The 5 just isn't that good of an upgrade, especially for the jacked up price now. 8 gigs of ram is amazing and their charging tech is unrivaled, but the same generic screen, the same COMPLETE lack of good accessories (there literally does not exist a single tempered glass screen protector for oneplus, they are all horrible), that terrible motherfucking iphone wannabe design.

I want to upgrade but nothing is really worth it and if they are upgrades in specs then their price is usually in the $800 and fuck that nonsense
>>
>>61727800
that's wrong you fucking idiot
>>
just got a S8+

what now
>>
What's the best Android music player? Just got an Android for the first time since 2012, so I've really been out of the loop. FLAC support is a must.
>>
>>61728414
Return it
>>
>>61726202
you guys are hispter faggots
>>
>>61728414
Take a nap
>>
>>61728583

AIMP works great in my experience, plays very nicely with FLAC/ALAC and other lossless. The only downside I've seen with it is that occasionally when using bluetooth in my car the dashboard display's time tracker isn't accurate, but that's barely an issue.
>>
Are xperias good these days?
I need an android phone for music, a good camera and I prefer the small form factor, 4 something inch.

The compact line seems perfect, but I've heard xperias have gone to shit. Any alternatives?
>>
>>61728721
just got the new Xperia premium. I think it's pretty damn good desu anon
>>
File: 902.jpg (61KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
902.jpg
61KB, 1000x800px
>>61728583
I use vanilla music from f droid
>>
File: xperia z1 vs redmi3s.png (3MB, 1906x920px) Image search: [Google]
xperia z1 vs redmi3s.png
3MB, 1906x920px
I'm comparing apples to oranges here, am I not?
It's not like I can take professional photos with any of those phones.
z1 have more pixels than redmi but it looks more pixelated when zoomed.
>>
File: xperia z1 vs redmi3s - Copy.png (3MB, 1908x916px) Image search: [Google]
xperia z1 vs redmi3s - Copy.png
3MB, 1908x916px
>>61728897
Also I probably shouldn't use camera apps with "auto" setting on and stay on one manual config.
>>
>>61727800
Wrong, Apple hardware sucks and is laggy af.
>>
>>61728954
Was that a focus problem or is z1 really that blurry
>>
File: best iPhone.jpg (897KB, 3208x2448px) Image search: [Google]
best iPhone.jpg
897KB, 3208x2448px
sup /spg/.
any of you here have experience with downgrading/jailbreaking an iPhone 4s on iOS 9.2? or is it really impossible?

many gracias.
>>
>>61727049
Did you do it? It's pretty good but the LCD panel they used is really cheap. I recently bought a Redmi Note 4x myself and noticed a stuck pixel after around 10 days. I'm still debating whether I should send it back to the seller for repair since it will most likely take 3 weeks to a month. And no, no xiaomi service centers from where I live. I suggest waiting for the note 5 and wait for reviews and see if it still has the stuck pixel / image retention problems. Apparently, the redmi line is notorious for it.
>>
>>61728583
definitely Groove Music
>>
Dear /g/ I need an help. I need a smartphone as a daily driver mostly to work at home or in mobility, something that help me to manage files, voice memos, emails, pdfs ..

Better to go for Keyone or maybe Oneplus 5?
>>
>>61728897
Sony confirmed for not doggo
>>
>>61728897
>>61728954
if your phones allow it, shoot in HDR whenever you can
that way you get the most realistic lighting in scenes

that aside, yeah, pics on right are better
>>
>>61728583
Most players support flac, but I use AIMP because it supports Opus, and on the go you want the smallest file with the best sound quality.
>>
>>61728736
Full
Of
Shit
Software
>>
Help me decide on a new cheap phone /g/

I'm stuck between a Xiaomi Redmi 4X 3/32gb storage and a LG X power 2/16gb.

The Xiomi is slightly more expensive and overall better. But it only has a 3 month warranty from the seller, while the X power has 1 year warranty from LG.

There's also the Lenovo K5 plus but i heard that it overheats and has shitty battery.

Does anyone here has the 4x? If yes does it have overheating problems, shitty camera and video recording like i read in some reviews?

Are chink phones durable?
>>
>>61729158
I'm this guy >>61728991 and so far, my only problem is the one stated. Camera is okay but really shitty in low light conditions. Haven't tried video recording yet.
>>
>>61728897
>Chinese phone
>Dog mysteriously gone

Kek
>>
File: DSC_0006.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0006.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>61728976
I'm not sure. I think that was just a bad photo. This one looks better.
I took photos with default camera app and open camera. There aren't any noticeable differences between them(apart from image size)
>>61729044
Unfortunately I have no HDR photos to compare.
>>61729030
Left is xperia. Xiaomi confirmed chink dog eaters.

Im all for xiaomi now but battery life is better on xperia. they went head to head down to 70 % but now xperia is at 53% and xiaomi at 43%. Maybe I will get better battery life out of redmi if I remove chink botnet.(they're on stock, non-branded firmwares)
>>
>>61729208
Thank you.

> Haven't tried video recording yet
You should have done that in the beginning. Plenty of people complaining about it.
>>
File: 1499544462215.jpg (74KB, 599x563px) Image search: [Google]
1499544462215.jpg
74KB, 599x563px
>Moto X4 confirmed/leaked
>still no Moto Droid confirmation since Jan 2017

Time to flip a coin for the Moto Z2 Force or Kyocera Duraforce Pro.
>>
>>61729520
I have the phone for around 3 weeks now and so for, still only one stuck pixel. I'll try recording tomorrow since it's night time here and the camera really looks shit at night. The battery life on this thing is a monster, though. Could last me a day with heavy rhythm game gaming.
>>
Just ordered my first ever smartphone, feeling a bit of buyers remorse though since I never go outside and don't have friends so I feel alot of the appeal is lost.

What are useful things you can do with a smartphone that aren't involved with anything social?
>>
>>61729599
Listen to music
Watch videos
surf the web
>>
File: xperiaz1 vs redmi3s.png (3MB, 1904x852px) Image search: [Google]
xperiaz1 vs redmi3s.png
3MB, 1904x852px
>>61729238
Here's a great example for why i should go with fixed manual config instead of full auto.
So i have decided. I'll stay with xiaomi. It has more ROMs, better hardware in general and I can't even use camera in xperia if I unlock bootloader(some """PROPRIETARY""" firmware key lock bullshit).

Btw. does anybody here had problems with amoled displays in Samshit phones? Mine has a yellowish white. It is terrible. And in some cases black and shadows are worse than YIFY torrents.
>>
>>61729599
watch in horror as you enjoy the pleasures of being a phoneposter
>>
>>61729645
>does anybody here had problems with amoled displays in Samshit phones?
it's dripping in color
it's too colorful
like it's on acid
>>
>>61729575
> Could last me a day with heavy rhythm game gaming
I only use the phone to listen to music and the occasional youtube video so that's great news for me. Hope everything goes well for you.
>>
> Spend days finding a new suitable phone
> Finally find it
> only to discover a few seconds ago I will hate its inputs

Who the fuck would place the buttons that way? Why would the back be on the right, and not on the left where it's the only logical place to be. Fucking chinks.

Now I'm out of options. What 5.5" chinkphone can I buy for $200 that doesn't have physical buttons (virtual on screen is better to me) ?
>>
is it possible to customize a phone, spec-wise? Like would it be possible to upgrade the RAM?
>>
>>61730088
>buttons on wrong sides
shit grinds my gears too, it's almost like they're just trying to differentiate by being retarded on purpose

or maybe if I was trying to be less of a cunt there is some cultural reason why it makes more sense to chinks, like isn't most/all asian written language right to left..?
>>
>>61730088
back button on the left is only the norm for the onscreen buttons. you'll easily get used to it you idiot. and you can even remap them if you are this autistic
>>
>>61730238
Back on the left is the norm for fucking everything in the world that matters. I don't care what chinks that read backwards do.
>>
>>61730212
lol
>>
>>61730270
kill yourself idiot
>>
>>61730270
what's the big deal lol
>>
File: galaxy-s7-edge-backlight.jpg (134KB, 680x340px) Image search: [Google]
galaxy-s7-edge-backlight.jpg
134KB, 680x340px
the back button placement has to be the most contrived reason to hate xiaomi phones. it's like you're trying to be harsh on a fucking $200 phone on purpose fucking shills
>>
>>61728980
I can confirm it works. Did it with my old iphone 4s running ios 9.2.1. Now it runs ios 6.3.5. Just follow a tutorial on youtube, ir should be prerty easy to do.
>>
>>61730350
It's like going to a country that drives on the left.
Can you eventually get used to it? Yes.
Is it still annoying as fuck that it isn't one standard? Yes.
>>
File: 1453751841926.jpg (13KB, 215x250px) Image search: [Google]
1453751841926.jpg
13KB, 215x250px
>>61730493
>>
>>61730088
Either swap them around with software or enable the onscreen navigation bar
>>
File: tenor.gif (109KB, 220x214px) Image search: [Google]
tenor.gif
109KB, 220x214px
> Stuck between choosing a redmi 4x and a j5 2015
> redmi has 3 month warranty
> j5 has 1 year from samsung
JUST
>>
>>61730757
>not getting the galaxy s8
>>
>>61730798
> not realizing i'm a poorfag
pleb pls
>>
>>61730757
>2015
It's ancient
>>
>cousin falls for applel meme
>gets 16gb iphone
>storage fills up within 2 months
>laggy piece of shit instantly even without crippleware updates
>wants me to help find a new phone for her for under $200

What do?
32GB minimum?

My 64GB OPO is my first and only smartphone since I held out on the smartphone meme for 6 years and never had any slowdown or issues with it.
>>
why does samsung insist on forcing this curved screen no-bezel bullshit down our throats? what is the point even? a thin bezel is good because I can get a bigger screen without getting a bigger phone. no bezel just means I have nothing to hold onto, it's prone to breaking, cases can't protect it fully, etc etc

no bezel phones have no advantage over thin bezel phones

the worst part is other companies are gonna copy samsung. pretty soon "smartphones" are just gonna be huge pieces of glass, if you drop them once you're fucked
>>
>>61730961
Just get an Otterbox, dude.
>>
>>61730961
Innovation just for the sake of innovation.

This is why we see shit like smartphone integrated salt dispensers with bluetooth and speakers.
>>
>>61729599
Shitposting in bed
>>
Is the S7 active any good? Any owners care to give some opinions?
>>
>>61729599
When I got my smartphone I started wandering around neighborhood and fixing shit on openstreetmap and google maps. It's comfy, non-social hobby which is actually useful.
>>
>>61731036
yeah, I mean i'd get a case anyway, but that doesn't change the fact that there is no point to what they're doing

>>61731084
innovation is good of course, it would just be nice to have options. there's no "normal" S8/S8+, just the one with the curved screen
>>
>>61729638
>>61729675
>>61731128
>>61731157
Sounds pretty good, it was a Moto G5 plus because I'm a poorfag and the reviews for it didn't say anything bad about it ,except for the camera.

It should be able to last for at least 2 years on not-so-heavy use easily, right?
>>
>>61730465
mm, yes, but how long ago did you jailbreak your phone?
last I heard, my firmware's no longer signed
>>
J5 2016 or Moto G4?
>>
>>61731297
There are always options.You can get G6 no or wait for S8 active

>>61730865
You ca't go wrong with Moto G5 plus. Even the 2 GB version handles really good.

>>61731327
G5 plus is very good. Almost bought it, but I got good deal on Honor 9 from a friend.
>>
>>61730350
Who's jimmies are you trying to rustle here senpai? Both samsung and xiaomi have back button on the right. software on-screen buttons usually have back on the left.
>>61730238
What is really annoying is getting used to off-screen buttons. I wonder EVERY time if i missed them or not (No im not gonna use sound or vibration for button touch. Fuck you). It was easier to see buttons on-screen. They were glowing white on black. Neither of my phones(with off-screen buttons) have buttons with backlight.
>>
>Z2 Force
>LG G6

Which one should I get?
I like Moto's stock Android and gestures and I have a Moto X 2013 so I feel more familiar with them.

However, apparently the Z2s low light performance sucks dick and the battery is lacking.

The G6 seems like a decent phone but I haven't heard good things about non-stock Android skins. Plus it's made out of glass, the Z2 is a tank. The G6 also doesn't have gestures which sucks because it's what I'm used to.

I think I should cancel my Z2 Force preorder and get the G6 instead, but im unsure.
>>
>>61728414
watch porn
>>
>>61731721
Just get Z Play instead of Z2 Force. Better battery, nice design, still good performance.

Z2 Force is shatter resistant, that's true. But absolutely no scratch proof.
>>
>>61731721
also wondering this
>>
Am I dum if I want an xperia just for the design?
It's so masculine and classy looking
>>
Just got my Redmi Note 4x 4gb/64gb. Light blue color. Replacing my Redmi Note 3 Pro which had a fucked up screen.

I'm pretty happy with it.
>>
>>61731882
same here. I want to upgrade from my Z1, but I hate the rounded meme of the S8 and pretty much all phones now.
>>
>>61731721
Z2 Force is trash
>>
>>61731882
>>61732021
how about xiaomi mi mix/mi mix 2

could pretty much have passed as an xperia device if it had a sony logo on it
>>
>>61732158
The fat as phucc bezels are part of the appeal of xperias desu

But I agree, mi mix looks amazing
>>
Just ordered a Moto G5 plus after my redmi 3 shattered on a 1m fall
Don't get chink garbage kids
>>
>>61732158
I don't trust cheap chink shit tbqh. also I don't like the no-bezel meme. shit industrial design aesthetic imo

I want another phone like my (2013) Z1 that can make it this long without feeling like shit
>>
>>61732220
I've been in many accidents and have thrown/dropped my Z1 countless times, and it still works fine.
>>
>>61732220
almost any modern phone would have a pretty bad survival rate on a 1m fall on a hard surface

>>61732246
nice anecdote
>http://www.xperiablog.net/2014/05/30/bbcs-watchdog-investigates-xperia-z1-cracking-screen-issue-sony-responds/
>>
>>61732278
>nice anecdote
it's the truth. maybe I'm lucky or britbongs are retarded or they got different glass on theirs, idfk
>>
>>61732278
>almost any modern phone would have a pretty bad survival rate on a 1m fall on a hard surface
My original Moto G had a shit ton of similar falls and it barely had a dent on it
It's a fact chinks cheap out on build quality
>>
File: 1501667895181.jpg (267KB, 1073x1428px) Image search: [Google]
1501667895181.jpg
267KB, 1073x1428px
why did the battery have to suck? why?

http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_xz_premium-review-1610.php
>>
>>61732278
I kicked my z1 compact through the room, it fell off my desk multiple times, even now I use it without screen protection (yes I removed the branded screen layer with a precision cutter) and the only thing happened to the screen are scratches.
>>
>>61732278
>almost any modern phone would have a pretty bad survival rate on a 1m fall on a hard surface
My Lumia 735 have pretty good run. Replaceable plastic cover that also protects the sides is the shit.

On the other side, I currently use Honor 9 and this device feels so fragile, that I use a case to protect it.
>>
>>61732352
you're literally a shill, xiaomi doesn't have bad build quality at all, it's normal for a phone to break when it falls onto the ground, happens with $1000 iPhones and samsungs too
>>
>>61730757
Redmi and get a case you sperglord
>>
>>61732446
Lmao what hell
I'm literally holding a redmi 3 pro on my hands with a cracked screen and bended metal. Never had phone with durability this shit
Go fuck yourself xiaomi shill
>>
>>61732518
pics or it didn't happen
>>
>>61732518
go drop $850 on a galaxy s8+ then drop it on concrete and see how it ends up

all modern phones break easily. they are intentionally designed that way
>>
>>61732424
kek. The one i compared here with xiaomi was probably ran over by a car or something. It was bent a little like a banana. Just moved internals to new body and screen and it works.
>tfw weaboos were right.
>>
>>61732524
Not going to get my camera just to prove some sperglord wrong

>>61732544
Not as bad as chink shit. For fuck's sake just go watch some durability videos on youtube
>>
File: 1500898319001.png (26KB, 713x611px) Image search: [Google]
1500898319001.png
26KB, 713x611px
>all these expensive 6 inch thin phone fags arguing about phone toughness
kek

I threw my old, 4 inch plastic smartphone into the wall floor, etc at full strength in psychotic tard rage multiple times, and it doesn't even show signs of damage.

Plastic > archaic shit like glass, aluminium
>>
>>61732587
whatever you say buddy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiVwDStMNcw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5i64qzZ-e7k
>>
>>61732645
Didn't say Samshit had good build quality
>>
File: 1492514135645.png (66KB, 142x240px) Image search: [Google]
1492514135645.png
66KB, 142x240px
Going to get Redmeme Note 4 and put Lineage OS on it, am I starting this right?
>>
>>61732871
Don't get chink shit retard
>>
>>61732905
(((who))) could be behind this post
>>
when will the next Xperia be available? I want to skip the XZ premium
>>
>>61732641
Plastic with proper ruber coating is the master race
>>
>>61732958
>ruber coating
t. permanent dust gatherer
>>
>>61732945
Chinks are no better than jews
>>
>>61732993
it's pure capitalism, xiaomi has the best bang for the buck, most people can get by just fine with a redmi note 4, no need to spend $800+ on a meme flagship
>>
File: 1490068046174.png (80KB, 895x408px) Image search: [Google]
1490068046174.png
80KB, 895x408px
what does Sony mean by this?

http://www.gsmarena.com/specs_for_sony_xperia_xz1_xz1_compact_and_x1_leak-news-25138.php
>>
File: 1488256811536.jpg (54KB, 499x468px) Image search: [Google]
1488256811536.jpg
54KB, 499x468px
>>61732905
>offering nothing
>>
>>61732953
Will be announced at IFA 2017
>>
>>61733044
>xiaomi has best bang for the buck
They don't though, their phones have a shit ton of problems, poor durability and generally non existant customer support. I want this meme to end

>>61733061
Motorola G5 Plus
>>
>>61733124
you're just butthurt that you broke your phone, if you're even telling the truth since you can't be bothered to take a pic
>>
>>61731352
Thanks, I'll take a look into that.
>>
>>61730865
redmi note 4. global version if you're a burger
>>
>>61733170
t. xiameme shill
>>
>>61733240
t. lenovo shill
>>
File: 1490231458154.png (167KB, 652x422px) Image search: [Google]
1490231458154.png
167KB, 652x422px
>>61733124
>poor durability and generally non existant customer support
So, I can't throw it into a wall and I'll have to resolve problems without ringing to Xiai Liao. Just like with any other phone.
>>
Is MediaTek shit?
>>
>>61733381
si senorita

>>61733124
> I want this meme to end
Unfortunately it won't due to the low cost + poorfags.
>>
>>61732871
It'll make the device usable so you didn't just waste ~$150, so yeah go LOS.
>>
>>61733061
>>61733124
Nokia 6 toi, built like a tank, stock Android and fast updates
>>
>Country
Poland (Eastern Europe). Polish carriers use band 7 and 20. Some of them additionally may have 1, 3 and/or 38. When I read polish users' opinions, they often say that most phones lack the b20 freq
>Carrier
See above
>Wanted feature
At least on of the following: nice screen res, good camera (dual would be nice), sd slot, removable/easy to change battery, easy root/flash, good sound thorugh jack
>budget
anything between 150 and 300 USD. USD
>Size
More than 5"
>Additional info
i dont play games on my phone, sometimes i watch videos but mainly i use it for music, messaging, taking photos
I do appreciate how the phone looks, the more like the iphone, the better
My guesses are Honor 8, Moto G5,Xiaomi Mi 5x
>>
>>61733475
Moto G5
>>
File: 1436894353143.jpg (42KB, 555x555px) Image search: [Google]
1436894353143.jpg
42KB, 555x555px
I really need to upgrade my phone soon but I'm on at&t so my only options (that aren't shit) are

>Galaxy S8
>Moto Z2 Force (considering for free projector idk)
>iPhone 7
>LG G6 (good phone but old processor, heard LG is kinda shit with updates)

What should I be going for here?
>>
>>61733418
I was going to get the Nokia 6 but kinda has some shit specs for the price desu
>>
>>61733517
moto doesn't look good tho, it's my least fav from the three
>>
>>61733475
Honor unless you can't stand the skin in which case Moto.
>>
File: 1488922204675.jpg (65KB, 362x358px) Image search: [Google]
1488922204675.jpg
65KB, 362x358px
>tfw the wait for Nokia 8 is killing me

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE FUCKING REEEEEEEEEEEELEASE IT ALREADY
>>
File: 1485434533843.gif (89KB, 500x384px) Image search: [Google]
1485434533843.gif
89KB, 500x384px
how come S7 Edge beats every other relevant phone by a mile when it comes to battery life? what did they do to make it happen?
>>
>>61733671
u mean android skin? nah, I'm fine with that. White honor looks sexy as fuck, moto looks like shit
>>
>>61733524
As an lg user, do not get lg phones. Their customer support is dogshit and are going through a lawsuit right now.
>>
>>61733756
they aren't using parts samsung has sabotaged for their competitors
>>
>>61733768
I haven't heard anything bad about the G6
>>
what are some good weather apps?
>>
>>61733785
Yeah but I wouldn't tell you to get an 8month+ old phone. If you're gonna go flagship tier, why settle for less?
>>
>>61733799
1weather
>>
File: 1367105146.png (400KB, 799x1033px) Image search: [Google]
1367105146.png
400KB, 799x1033px
Been thinking about getting an upgrade from my shitty Moto E for awhile now, but not sure what to get. I want a strong focus on high community support as I'm in to rooting and all that jazz and would prefer it not to be TOO expensive (maybe $500-$600 at most). I don't care too much about the camera though would like it to be at least decent. 720p screen at least. Carrier unlocked. Dual sim is a plus but not required. I was thinking about a OnePlus 3 but I'm not sure.
>>
Sup errybody
I currently have an iPhone 6 Plus that I want to switch out because I'm sick of apple
Any suitable replacements or mildly inexpensive upgrades?
>>
>>61733809
so that's the one huh? arright then
>>
>>61733761
It's a bit more than a skin. Chink phone makers tend to take theming devices to another level - xiaomi fucked up notifications doing so.
But yeah if you're fine with Huawei's take, then go for the Honor.
>>
>>61733841
moto G5, you cocksucker.
>>
>>61733803
Yeah true. I mean the G6 does everything else right tho but the processor. If I don't get it then I might get the Z2 Force, but that's been getting trashed in the media
>>
>>61733874
I'd say go all out since you're upgrading. Get the S8 or Z definitely. If you're gonna look at reviews, careful of pajeet reviews. They are always biased towards either iphone or samsung for some reason.
>>
How come no one is talking about the RED Hydrogen One?
It is the first 3D phone, I will buy it the moment it comes out in stores.
>>
>>61733937
I've heard about it, I'm almost tempted to get it just because of the way it looks. I love the aesthetic. I'll probably hold off until it's out at least before making a decision.
>>
>>61733937
most useless meme phone out there. also overpriced and ugly
>>
>>61733935
Yeah I might get the Z2 but apparently the camera isn't nearly as good (because of low light performance). Also I thought pajeets couldn't afford those phones.
>>
does /spg/ like bevelless phones?
>>
>>61733975
These are the pajeets who are rich enough to get an overseas place in some American university and come back. Very annoying.
>>
>>61734003
only hipsterfags and reddit like that meme
>>
My phone fucked itself up yesterday, need a new one.

Any recommendations for a phone within the $300 range? Need it for travel and facebooking, nothing more beyond that.
Oh, and that doesn't die within a few months.
>>
>>61733937
>first 3D phone
>implying
>>
>>61731352
>>61732220
>>61733517
Does the Moto G5 have a notification LED?
>>
>>61734145
moto G5
>>
>>61734145
http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?&idPhone1=8454&idPhone2=8453
get the g5 plus
>>
>last phones always die after about a year
>get wileyfox swift (has all i need: microsd slot, removable battery, vanilla-ish android), hoping it will last a little longer
>7 months in
>already a dead pixel right in the middle of the screen
is it because it is a rebranded chinkphone?
>>
File: 1481784375347.jpg (107KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1481784375347.jpg
107KB, 1000x1000px
should I just go for an S7 Edge?
>>
>>61734229
>chinkphone
yup
>>
>>61734229
should have gotten the xiaomeme
>>
Reminder redmeme has no ac wifi in current year
>>
>>61734257
maybe but you can also look at mi 6 and mi note 2
>>
>>61734311
Are they proven to be more durable than most chinkphones?
Would a Oneplus X suffice too?
>>
>tfw want to root but scared to brick phone
>>
>Country
Some shithole in South America

>Wanted feature
HD or FHD screen
Decent camera
Quad core or better
at least 1gb RAM
Decent audio
2000mAh minimum battery
FM radio

>budget
200 USD max. The cheaper the better.

>Size
Less than 5.5"

>Additional info
I use the phone all day listening to stuff and occasionally watching videos on Youtube. Sometimes i take a photo of something.
Biggest thing for me is the battery life, followed by processor speed, storage and camera quality.

I would like something that has warranty too. Don't want the phone to last for 3 months and then break after the warranty expires.
>>
>>61734325
I was almost sold on the G5 plus until I noticed that it does not support ac wifi. Damn.
>>
>>61734387
> Less than 5.5"
*5.5" or less
>>
Best earbuds for 200€ or less?
>>
>>61734699
wait fuck this is the wrong general lol
>>
Why does the moto G5 only come in basic bitch gold or faggot gray?
>>
>>61734741
yeah, I love staring at the back of my phone 24/7
>>
File: essential-phone-white.jpg (152KB, 1000x675px) Image search: [Google]
essential-phone-white.jpg
152KB, 1000x675px
FUCK IT, I think I'm gonna get the Essential Phone. Every other flagship this year has something wrong with it and this is my last hope. Try convincing me otherwise /g/

It seems like it's coming out in a few weeks now that it's on Best Buys website.
>>
>>61734756
It looks bad, G4 looked neat. This shit is trying to appeal to the unwashed.
>>
>>61734741
aw, which color did you want sweetie?
>>
>>61734824
Black, like my soul, and like any other FUCKING PHONE OUT THERE
>>
>>61734824
black like you're mom's boyfriend's cock
>>
>>61734846
your*
>>
>>61734762
>Essential Phone
lmfao this shit also doesnt have a headphone jack faggot
>>
>>61734843
>>61734846
I'm so sorry, cupcakes, maybe next gen.
>>
So is Nokia 6 even available in the U.S? All I see is poo in loo links and UK shit
>>
>>61734762
>no bezels meme
That shit looks ugly
>>
>>61734854
you'rth'st*
>>
>>61734951
It's fine, I know education is hard to come by in the third world
>>
>>61734876
>>no bezels meme
>wanting less screen for the same size in-hand
Y tho?
>>
>>61735024
>caring about vertical size
>>
>>61731036
doesn't work
>>
>>61734858
I'm fine with that you old faggot. Bluetooth is pretty good these days, get with it
>>
>>61735074
>Being this much of a faggot
>Not wanting a compact phone with a big screen
>>
File: IMG_20170804_180743_029.jpg (1MB, 2612x2906px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170804_180743_029.jpg
1MB, 2612x2906px
Got it! Hope it's good. Still waiting for case and stand to ship.
>>
>>61734872
It's on Amazon. $229, or $179 with Amazon Prime
>>
>>61735190
229 a month or two from now. Ain't nobody yada yada
>>
>>61735210
What? They released it a month ago
>>
>>61735163
Bigger screen just means more battery consumption and less ppi
>>
>>61735246
It says it takes 1-2 months to ship
>>
>>61735302
Are you looking at the right thing?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B071VZKDDP/
>>
>>61735325
>https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B071VZKDDP/
Click standard version with no ads and it tells you it ships 1-2 months from now
>>
>>61735371
Ah, I see. Must have sold out. You could just get the Prime version and remove the ads
>>
>>61735479
How do you remove ads? Like you have to pay or can you factory reset it somehow?
>>
Is the Oukitel K line any good?
>>
How can my carrier know if I'm using my phone as a hotspot?
>>
>>61735530
The official way is just pay Amazon the price difference (so $50). Alternatively you can just use ADB to disable them (works on all Prime Exclusive phones):
https://www.reddit.com/r/MotoG/comments/6e1cc4/moto_g_amazon_edition_remove_app_that_displays/
>>
>>61735613
Fuck yeah! Thanks man
>>
>>61735190
Does Prime student count as amazon prime? Cause the ad version costs $229 as well
>>
Not to be racist or anything, but does there exist a single review of the Xiamo Redmi Note 4 not made by an Indian person?
>>
>>61735955
you are not the only one, lots of moto g5 reviews are in a heavy indian accent.
>>
I have 20% off ebay coupon up to $50 off. What phone should I get?
>>
>>61735955
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDx2DU-Vm3Q
>>
>>61736011
Thanks you kind sir
>>
File: confused_xiao.webm (462KB, 1120x800px) Image search: [Google]
confused_xiao.webm
462KB, 1120x800px
>>61735955
>Not to be racist or anything
>>
>>61735955
techtablet's?
>>
>>61735955
YOU DONT LIKE INDIAN PHONE REVIEWS!?!:?! WHY?!?!

as you can see, there is very little lag on the menus, because as we all know, the menu system is the most taxing thing a phone can do!

I got first look at these phones at a trade show, allow me to wow you by talking about specs you already know and procede to do nothing but hold the phone and flip through the menus!

pinch zoom so impressive!

I'm going to play with the menus for several minutes and describe obvious features!

Here a synthetic benchmark that you could easily look up on google. Hands on reviews are NOT for real worl performance with a specific device!

Lets launch a app //// Okay, the app was taking a second or so to load so I cut the video. I dont want to give you any good idea of how the phone works, because reviews shouldnt be boring!

Heres a crappy game, as you can see it loads it very well, very smooth. Id show you a more taxing game, but Im being paid a million dollars to shill!

quad cores are so much faster than dual cores clocked much faster. heres a synthetic benchmark to prove it. Synthetic benchmarks are so damn accurate to real world use. I have the two phones, but comparing real world use by launching from a cold boot is too hard for me!

camera review? How about I take a picture of something thats in the room with perfect lighting? PERFECT. Lets not push it to its limits now. Maybe I'll take a picture of the desk! As you can see, the camera works!
>>
>>61734387
Moto E4 Plus
>>
Does anybody here currently have an LGG4? I'm encountering some odd issues with it. Whenever I get a notification, the light blinks light blue until I check the notification, which is normal, however it's blinking when I don't have notifications, and to make it better, the screen turns itself on anytime the LED blinks.
>>
Anyone got Signal to work without updating Google Play Services? They made a big deal about completely shifting away from it but the latest version tells me I need to update Google Play Services anyway and stonewalls me.
>>
Non-edgy opinions. What phone should I get? Just the best one. Idc about the price.
>>
>>61737341
iPhone 7 plus
Android is for poorfag pajeets
>>
>>61737391
Android only. No fagPhones.
>>
>>61737411
One Plus 5, Moto Z, Google Pixel
There's also the S8, but I only had bad experiences with Samshjt
>>
>>61737341
xiaomi mi 6
>>
Im using pic related, huawei p8, since its launch, i think its around 2years. I have no problem with it, however, i hate anything that is touch-based, and im craving QWERTY physical keyboard. I was using blackberry terminals for 15 years of my life, but they went bananas with BB priv or Q series, so i needed anything that was working, got this shit. It have sufficient perfomance, i dont play or whatever with my phone - i make calls, occasional SMS, and reply to e-mails, as well VNC my workstations to check the work while im away. Anything good that is android (windows phone can be too) and with physical QWERTY keyboard on the market?
>>
>>61737457
>One Plus 5
Is it better then the S8+? I looked up a comparison and the S8+ was better in general, not a lot but slightly.

>Moto Z, Google Pixel
Are they really good?

>>61737463
>xiaomi mi 6
Im not too familiar with Chinese phones. Seems like /g/ really likes them
>>
>>61737411
>Hating iPhones
>Not being a faggot

Pick one
>>
>>61737505
Just check some reviews on youtube and get what suits you more. Is that hard?
>>
>>61737540
I thought thats Smartphone General?
>>
>>61737535
iphones are not good bang for your buck, the margins on them are obviously much higher than other phones.

Anyone who buys their phones upfront is never going to prefer an iphone, whatever they think of IOS.
>>
Anyone with a LG G3 with lineage OS installed? Can you please tell me how battery life is? Are there any quirks that still need to be ironed out?
>>
>>61736756
you forgot to add :
Flip the phone to the back touch it one or to times and and tell the aduience " it feel very very premimium" or something like that
>>
What's the deal with the essential phone?
>>
File: 150125714641.gif (240KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
150125714641.gif
240KB, 320x320px
>>61737341
32GB Honor 8 can be had for $259 on Amazon right now
>>
>>61737696
it's a total meme. stick to phones from the big companies that have huge r&d resources, economy of scale, good software/rom support etc
>>
>>61735132
Except it's utter garbage especially in a car
>>
I'm somewhat of a poorfag, and the G6 (the Dual-SIM, Quad DAC, 64GB versioN) looks like an incredible deal here in Europe (375 euro). What's the catch?
>>
I need a new phone. I'm posting from it right now (so bear with me if the post is a mess, my broadband is down) and it's barely functional. It has been stuck in safe mode most of the month but still done something to eat my 4G. I can't change volume, or use half the features. I'm on Tesco but totally happy to switch. In fact I'd like a new better value network. I currently pay £5/month for 500mb.

My main questions are these:

1. Is an upgrade from an HTC One M7(current phone) to an HTC One M9 worthwhile? Will I really notice a difference?
2. If I order from Hong Kong on eBay, the m7 is £70, the m9 is £150. Is buying a phone from China ok or as dodgy as I assume?
3. Is there another phone in this price bracket that's better bang for your buck?

I use text, call, GPS, running apps, music and rarely camera.
>>
>>61730088
>>61730238
I carry a personal Samsung and a work moto, they are backwards.
I just now realized this, holy shit I've carried both for over a year
>>
>>61739513
The processor is an older generation because Samsung bought up the first half of the year's entire supply of current generation processors to use in their S8s.
>>
File: phonos.png (16KB, 589x147px) Image search: [Google]
phonos.png
16KB, 589x147px
I'm looking for a decent camera, a not-garbage screen (OLED would be neat) and a good amount of RAM. I've found a bunch that seem to fit that criteria, can anyone give their experiences with any of these?
>>
>>61740093
you didn't realize it before because it really isn't a big deal. different phones have different placements for the power button and audio jack too and they have different overall shapes and sizes and ergonomics
>>
>>61737649
I also heard that the stock camera is much better than in Lineage
>>
>>61740150
I started looking at the LG G6, it seemed like a fitting upgrade from my G3. But what the fuck, the processor is literally less powerful and clocked lower than the G3. How does that even happen?

>>61737649
Yeah my dude. My Bluetooth icon is stuck on and never turns off. Bluetooth itself isn't on, but also never turns on anyway, so if you use Bluetooth often you'll have a hard time.
I haven't done comparisons, but I use Open Camera for photos.
>>
>>61739513
The catch is LG knew they were finished in the NA market so they shafted us by giving us the version which has no DAC, no dual-sim, and no 64GB model. Like with NATO, NA consumers are subsidizing LG's other markets so they can stay competitive in them. If you're a yuro the only downside is you might have a bootloop trouble later on.
>>
>>61737341
ZTE Axon 7, best bang for your buck IMO.
>>
File: 1463495186466.png (34KB, 809x808px) Image search: [Google]
1463495186466.png
34KB, 809x808px
>curved edges so screen protectors cant cover the entire screen
>no headphone jack so that you can't use your typical headphones
>no SD card slots because users don't want convenience
>no removable batteries because we make more shekels if we force the user to buy a new phone everytime the battery goes to shit
>camera bumps because getting that .01mm of thickness off everywhere else is more important than a uniform design + potentially better batteries
someone please nuke this entire planet
>>
>>61728202
What the fuck do you need 8 gigs of ram for on a phone?
>>
File: 084.png (102KB, 300x256px) Image search: [Google]
084.png
102KB, 300x256px
>>61728202
>8 gigs of ram is amazing
>>
>>61740630
>but what the fuck, the processor is literally less powerful and clocked lower than the G3. How does that even happen?
Higher clock speeds doesn't automatically mean more performance you tech illiterate retard. LG G6 is much more powerful than the G3. Just compare some benchmarks:
Antutu 6: 140,000 (G6) vs 50,000 (G3)
Geekbench 4 Single-core: 1700 vs 1000
Geekbench 4 Multi-core: 4200 vs 2400
>>
>>61740920
In ten years, you'll be putting a gtx 1080 in your phone, and still playing the same shitty flappy bird tier game, but with crysis tier graphics and physics for your shitty mini game.

Power doesnt matter when all you get is some shitty consumption device. Touch screens will always be the shit that holds a phone back.
>>
>>61741593
In the past 2 hours I've realised that, but I forgot about this thread, so that post doesn't reflect my newfound enlightenment. Thankyou for the comparisons.
>>
>>61728414
Sell it and buy a U11
>>
>>61740134
I already know that. Right now I'm content with an Exynos 7580 device that's way slower so I don't care.

>>61740723
The model I'm getting is the 64GB one with the Quad DAC (H870DS) since it's compatible with our bands . It also has the nice gold back/black front color combo.
>>
File: jeromie-williams-on-elisa-chan.jpg (106KB, 584x677px) Image search: [Google]
jeromie-williams-on-elisa-chan.jpg
106KB, 584x677px
>Apply for BL unlock for xiaomi.
>Literally type in "I want to remove the chink botnet." as a reason for unlock.
>5 min later I got sms with confirmation that I can unlock my redmi.
Based chinks.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (70KB, 934x564px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
70KB, 934x564px
>>61741803
Actually no. Fuck them.
>>
>>61741848
You didn't know about the 72h pairing time?
>>
File: received_747431378778302.jpg (10KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
received_747431378778302.jpg
10KB, 400x400px
What are the pros and cons of IPhone 6s thinking of buying it wanted /g/'s opinion
>>
I want to get my understanding of dual cameras straight.
They allow for fancy effects like wide-angle shots and crazy depth-of-field stuff, right?
If I install a custom ROM, does that kind of functionality break? Or does it depend on what phone it is?

From what I know I think I'd prefer a single high-quality lens over dual color+monochrome, but I'm not entirely sure.
>>
>>61741889
No, but i expected that. All guides on XDA say waiting is common when unlocking BL.
Wish they could go easy on us like google does with their phones. Just check "Allow OEM unlock" and be ready to go.
>>
>>61742013
The bootloader unlock permission and pairing time was meant to stop sellers installing their malware filled vendor ROMs on Xiaomi's phones. (Though as I've understood the sellers can bypass all that with a deep flash cable)

It was quite big news a few years ago when some security firm found out Xiaomi phones were sending data back to China. People were blaming Xiaomi until they found out it wasn't the official ROM but a third-party app in a vendor ROM doing it. But it still hurt Xiaomi's reputation so I think you can see why Xiaomi would want to stop it from happening.
>>
Hey guys, I have currently a Galaxy S4 running on LineageOS and I want to change it because the 16GB memory is way not enough for me now and my screen has some issues. I'm in France, with 4G from Orange and I have a optic fiber at home so a good wifi and good R/W speeds are a plus. I mostly use my smartphone for watching movies and series, games, listening to music and browsing 4chan.

There's 2 phones that I'm pretty much interested in. The first one is the Oneplus 5. It has 128GB memory which is gonna be way more than enough for me since it always has been a problem for me on Android smartphones, good perf but apparently the speaker is shit and the software not that good. But it's pretty well priced for what it is.
The other one is the Galaxy S8. I like the S4 (apart from Touchwizz being shit but apparently they removed it in the S8 from what I learned) and it never gave me issues apart from too much hotness when running a game or movie in the top of the screen, some battery issues and of course the screen getting fucked up over time. It's still a beast but unfortunately it has "only" 64GB memory and I fear the screen will gonna give me some problems when watching a movie.

So that's why I ask you guys, what phone is better for my use between both of them? And if there's another phone that will be competitive to them for my use, please feel free to tell me.
>>
>>61740766
>2017
>screen protectors
>In the era of Gorilla glass

You are being duped you stupid shmuck.
>>
File: 4118016088_9449808b30.jpg (90KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
4118016088_9449808b30.jpg
90KB, 500x333px
>>61742557
>2017
>being impressed by the shit that Oneplus pumps out
>>
>>61742578
>he fell for the goyrilla glass meme
It only protects from scratches, not from cracking. And even then, just regular sand is enough to cause scratches. The oleophobic coating will also eventually wear out.
>>
>>61742557
>but apparently they removed it in the S8
they didn't, it's still the same shit
>>
Are there any cool chinkphones that work on Verizon in the US?

I hate apple shit and want a unique device that I can tell my girlfriend is better than her ishit.

inb4 >girlfriend
>>
>>61742968
No, chinkphones don't work with Verizon
>>
Is htc 10 still a good options these days? How's the camera on it?
>>
>>61743005
Should I get the Zenfone AR? Looks like that's actually available to me through Verizon.
>>
>>61741925
pros: has headphone jack
cons: it's iOS
>>
Is there a list of /g/ recommended software for Android?
>>
>>61725948
I've had this phone for a few months a Meizu m2 note, you can unlock it for custom roms, there is an option to unlock it in the settings (voiding warranty of course)
Even though I've installed a ton of shit and uninstalled loads, it still runs quick and snappy and I really have no problems with it.

If it isn't broke don't fix it? Or, install a new rom because battery life etc.

I keep it fresh sometimes by trying out new launchers (tried most of them) stuck to nova launcher though because it has all the features I want and is lightweight.

My favourite launcher would be z launcher if they updated it with more options.
>>
>>61743388
Would you recommend getting the phone or is it not worth it?
>>
>>61743924
Think it was a bargain desu £130. Accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass (wanted to try out vr)
1080p. 2 gigs of ram. Love the thing.
It hasn't got a removable battery which isn't great but it's really slim, made sure I got a cover and screen protector before using it/carrying it around.
Even the stock Meizu app launcher isn't bloated and perfectly fine.
>>
>>61725948
Panjeet here I need a 5 ich phone with a decent processor and 1080p display a good camera and meme audio would be a plus
>>
>>61744400
Poogle Pixel
>>
>>61744420
Its expensive af here and no expandable storage
>>
>>61739513
I am in europe could you tell me where did you find this deal i am in france and all i can find is the 32gb ones
>>
File: 201612260943411v9fuoga.jpg (108KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
201612260943411v9fuoga.jpg
108KB, 1000x1000px
I need bands 1, 3 and 5.

I want NFC, USB-C and either microSD or decent space (64GB+).

Would anything be better than a Mi5s for this?
>>
I'm thinking about waiting for the Nokia 8. Anyone else interested in it?
>>
>>61744465
I'm guessing it's this (there's a 6€ off coupon available)

https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/lg-g6-h870ds-64gb-dual-sim-sim-free-unlocked-black.html#/product/20540
>>
>>61744446
HTC 10, Honor 8/9, Huawei P10
>>
>>61744599
many thanks!
>>
>>61744546
>would anything be better
What's your budget?
>>
>>61744657
The less it costs, the better. I barely use my phone. I could afford up to 600 or so if I had to but I would be hard pressed to see a point.
>>
>>61744588
Yes, seems interesting, especially since it's rumoured it might launch with Android 8.0
https://www.phonearena.com/news/Nokia-8-running-Android-O-spotted-ahead-of-official-announcement_id96699
>>
>>61744632
Not him but
>buy htc 10 after only using samsung
>oh god my eyes are burning at night
Is there some way to fix this or should I try and return it and get something with led screen? Had no idea lcds were this fucking bright even on minimum
>>
File: Screenshot_20170805-094622.png (138KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170805-094622.png
138KB, 1080x1920px
2hr SOT...
Doze "on"

OP3 stock rom rooted
Lowest battery I've ever seen, why
>>
>>61744676
I was kind of hoping it would have an OLED screen, but apparently it'll be going with a 1440p LCD. That's not too bad though. I'm interested to see how the camera fares.
>>
>>61744716
There's several "night mode" apps that allow you to make the screen dimmer. I'm using one called Twilight.
>>
>>61744716
Just use some screen filter apps like Twilight or something. Btw how was the camera on htc 10? Does the off centered home button bothers you?
>>
>>61744668
Well it's probably the cheapest decent phone with all those features. I'd also check out Honor 8
>>
>>61744753
Same would've loved a 5 inch op phone
>>61744866
How's the rom support on honor 8
>>
>>61744546
>>61744668
mi5s is good
>>
Need a new phone, using it mostly for Snapchat and Spotify, good battery is important, what to buy?
>>
>>61745052
redmi note 4
>>
>>61744969
>how's the rom support
okay, not as good as the Mi5s though
>>
File: 1392639634823.jpg (24KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1392639634823.jpg
24KB, 500x500px
>>61745010
>>61744866
>only ones I can find that ship to Australia are in gold or even more expensive in rose gold
Do the chinese not like black/grey phones?
I am going to be looking at this everyday for years to come so I would rather have it more AESTHETIC.
>>
>>61745079
Dosent have expandable storage for some reason
>>
>>61745104
the other colors are more popular in china so they don't produce black/grey in large enough quantities for western customers and they get sold out. i guess you could look at mi6 and mi5s plus

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Original-Xiaomi-Mi6-Mi-6-6GB-RAM-64GB-ROM-Snapdragon-835-Octa-Core-Mobile-Phone-4G/32809759201.html
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Original-Xiaomi-Mi5S-Plus-4GB-RAM-64B-ROM-Mobile-Phone-Mi-5S-Plus-Snapdragon-821-QuadCore/32746064553.html
>>
>>61745104
Get the Mi6 or Oneplus 3T / 5

>>61745147
Which one? Mi5s doesn't but Honor 8 definitely has.
>>
>>61744760
Alright using red moon now
didn't notice the home button at all really was buying primarily on durability
Camera stabilization is noticable and useful on rear camera but that might be down to my less than steady hands no idea about front camera since front cameras are a shitty meme
>>
Maybe a bit off-topic but has anyone here ever tried the lenovo HW01 wristband? Thinking of grabbing a mi band 2 but just saw the lenovo one for pretty much the same price.
>>
What's the best cracked app store?
>>
>>61745262
The battery life sucks compared to mi iirc doesn't support 3rd party apps
>>
File: ZTE-AXON-7_15.jpg (74KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ZTE-AXON-7_15.jpg
74KB, 1920x1080px
Axon 7 still worth getting? Better alternatives (coming)?
>>
>>61745326
Cheers man, I will stick with the mi band 2 then.
>>
>>61745338
Shitty phone for faggots
>>
NEW

>>61746043

>>61746043

>>61746043
Thread posts: 346
Thread images: 42

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.