[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you don't know what windows 10 holographic desktop is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: indssdfsdfsdfdfsdfdsfex.jpg (6KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
indssdfsdfsdfdfsdfdsfex.jpg
6KB, 300x168px
If you don't know what windows 10 holographic desktop is you are already 10 years behind.
>>
Yeah it's fucking dogshit. It's like windows 8 but worse and costs 2 kidneys to use it.
>>
>>61722727

You're thinking of the hololens dev kit, which is not priced for consumers.

i.e. quit being a fucking pleb
>>
>>61722727
Where the hell can you even buy a Hololens, or are you talking about some """""""Grey market""""""" one that popped up on eBay one time.
>>
>>61722696
My company bought 3 for development reasons and they're shit. A nice toy for the first hour, but after you decorated you boss' desk with holographic rain clouds, dancers and campfires it's pretty shit.
>>
>>61722727
it is completely unlike windows 8. Windows 8 is for tablets and windows 10 holographic casts windows in front of you in the air you dumb ignorant shit who doesn't read fuck yourself
>>
>hololens FoV is so small it's like looking at a 15" laptop

no thanks
>>
>>61723182
That's just current hololens. clearly future versions won't be like that
>>
Has AR overcome the hurdle of real life objects not being able to obscure virtual objects yet?
>>
File: 1500284352454.jpg (596KB, 1500x1143px) Image search: [Google]
1500284352454.jpg
596KB, 1500x1143px
>>61723458
They still have trouble with that but that's not the fucking point of windows desktop holographic.

Imagine real life with a laptop. You just have one screen and you have to prop up your laptop in the place that the screen is gonna be, so the laptop has gotta be on a table or in your lap.

if you are on a desktop then you have to plug in a monitor for every screen that you want and you are limited in the number of monitors and they are fixed in place unless you want to pay for fancy extendo arms and even those are limited.

In hololens when you open a new window THAT IS A MONITOR. It is a new monitor floating in the air in front of you running firefox, microsoft excel, or whatever you'd like. You can make the monitor as big as your wall or have it follow you around or put it on the ceiling or do whatever the hell you want.

That is immensely better than any form factor on the market. That's why anyone who doesn't understand the cope of it is an idiot who is 10 years behind in technology.
>>
>>61723495
Yeah that's a great future prediction mate. Anyone who doesn't use a product which may or may not exist in the future is already 10 years behind.

Right now it's $3000, 40 degress of FoV and 720p. It's limited to a closest distance to you of 1 meter and can only go to 5m away. Plus, it's a weak ass PC(weaker than a tablet) strapped to your head.

Maybe in the future they'll have a prototype that has at least 110 degrees of FoV, is 4k, can project holograms close to you, and can connect to a powerful machine and use it resources seamlessly. How about you come back and shill and talk about "10 years behind" then?
>>
File: pdwBlCM.png (490KB, 449x401px) Image search: [Google]
pdwBlCM.png
490KB, 449x401px
>>61723863
It's like how in your thick skull can you not imagine a version of the product that has a bigger screen. I can not understand this stupidity
>>
Is the hololens display still confined to a really low fov?
>>
>>61724512
Yeah the next hololens is coming out in 2019 so until then it's gonna be real expensive and low fov
>>
>>61724548
What do you expect the price and fov of the 2019 model to be?
>>
File: RHwfZ7a.jpg (87KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
RHwfZ7a.jpg
87KB, 500x500px
>>61724583
Well you see it looks like they've already lined up Dell, Lenovo, HP, Toshiba, and the other usual suspects to manufacture "developer kits" which are like hololens but you have to tether it to a stationary computer with a wire.

And so it is entirely possible that if they rush fast enough we will see a lineup of hololens from different competitors.

I see the lowest price of one being around $2000 for the 2019 model.

If it's any higher than that then nobody is going to want to buy it and if it's any lower then they won't profit off of selling them.
>>
>>61722696
Ten years behind of what? Literal 1984? I'm glad I am, even if it's just 10 years.
>>
>>61724662
You're behind in the form factor man. Hololens replaces desktops laptops and phones and tablets.
>>
There is quite literally nothing productive this gimmick can do that a multimonitor setup currently cant.
The latter is cheaper and more accessible and has much higher picture quality while also being easier on the hardware.
Your only defense in this thread is that we just don't get it and that hololens is not mature enough. The fact of the matter is that Hololens is the one 10 years behind.
Go shill somewhere else.
>>
>>61725206
Multiple monitor setup can not follow you around in the air or change size or fit on a plane or a train

You're talking out your ass
>>
>>61725328
And that is not productive behaviour for a computer. This technology is nothing but a childrens toy.
>>
>>61725375
not an argument
>>
>>61725469
Yes it is lol, this thing has and does one job only and that's being marketed as some "wow" gadget.
Is this the best shilling you can do?
>>
>non-physical
slow as shit
>>
>>61724433
>>61723495
>>61722696
This is the most obvious shill I have ever seen, pls mods delet, this is litterally advertising
>>
>>61723056
Sounds fun desu senpai
>>
File: holo poo in loo.jpg (32KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
holo poo in loo.jpg
32KB, 300x168px
>>
>>61726307
Lmao
>>
>>61726141
Like I said, it's fun at first but gets boring after you realize that a pc is 50 times as efficient at basically everything
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.