[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 347
Thread images: 51

File: sqt.jpg (58KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
sqt.jpg
58KB, 700x525px
Last thread >>61705370
>>
Is the Logitech G900, discounted due to the 903, worth it?
>>
Is this the stupid questions thread?
>>
File: 1501780473580.jpg (39KB, 709x765px) Image search: [Google]
1501780473580.jpg
39KB, 709x765px
>>61717481
Why does my windows guest under proxmox show the real RAM usage thanks to virtio, but fails to free RAM to the host system? since if I htop I see constantly the full max RAM being reserved.
>>
Does Windows (10, if the version matters) remember/store previously connected devices' names or other information about them, like mice, monitors, keyboards, TVs, etc.?

I know that it happens with USB flash drives, but what about devices like those that I listed?
>>
>>61717497
Yes
>>
>>61717497
No
>>
Im a noob trying to learn rust, is inmutable the same as const?
>>
>>61717541
No.
https://softwareengineering.stackexchange.com/questions/149555/difference-between-immutable-and-const
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/37877381/difference-between-immutable-and-const-variables-in-rust
>>
>sfc /scannow
>Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation

Has this ever been solved? All the how to's seem to point in wrong directions. Yes I ran it in cmd as admin, no theres no other admin account on the machine, no chkdsk didnt help and neither did protected mode. Yes, trusted installer service is running already. What else could I have missed?

Im trying to run sfc because of a 80070002 in windows update since the fix with deleting /softwaredistribution/Downloads etc. didn't help.

Havent dealt with windows 7 in a while, now i know why...
>>
>>61717481

I found this code on leddit that lets me auto click with cookie clicker but its fucking with the wrinklers

is there a way to get this to be toggleable or something?

setInterval(function() { Game.ClickCookie(); }, 10); 
>>
Is there a 1U rackmount anything that isn't loud as fuck?

I don't need a gorillion-core monster or anything, Atom or some ARM thing would be plenty, as long as it has a few ethernet ports. But everything I find comes with a conventional 200W 1U PSU, which the comments always state is as loud as 1U PSUs normally are.
>>
Want to use my phone as a remote for my laptop for when I plug it the big monitor and lay in bed.
What's the best program for this?
>>
Just want you to know /sqt/ was originally my baby and I'm happy to see it thriving and growing up. Good kid.
>>
>>61717637
>80070002
have you disable and re-enable windows update service?
>>
>>61717661

https://www.w3schools.com/jsref/met_win_setinterval.asp
>>
Is Satellite Internet a meme or are there situations where it's a viable alternative? Basically, my parent's house is without internet, and is in an area that doesn't have fiber optic internet, which I still find hard to believe.
>>
>>61717897
thjanks
>>
>>61715024

What do I do to make TOR more secure?
>>
File: 26-105-122-07.jpg (12KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
26-105-122-07.jpg
12KB, 640x480px
I'm looking for a mouse with a nice scroll wheel that doesn't loosen up over time.

Every mouse I've ever bought (2 intellimouse, Logitech MX 518, and Corsair M60) have all had mouse wheels that start out nice and clicky, so when I'm playing vidya, I can scroll wheel weapons and stuff. Then after a couple months, they get looser, and looser, until it's basically scrolling with zero resistance. Meaning when I'm playing a game, it'll occasionally scroll and get me killed. It'll also of course scroll web pages when I don't want it to.

What's weird is I think I'm the only one with this problem. My mice work fine otherwise. The first to get is always the wheel, which is a massive shame. I don't death grip it, and it's not overly dusty in my room. So idk.
>>
>>61718002
ifdown
>>
>>61717722
Racks arent ment to be in your bedroom.
Its ment to be in a dedicated AC controlled room with other racks.They arent ment to control sound
>>
No news when we will see GPU market stabilize?
>>
>>61717722
Just jam something into the fans to stop them spinning. If it ain't running at high load in a 30C ambient server room it'll be fine.
>>
>>61717822
yes exactly according to the offical fix
>>
>>61718050
I've had my roccat kova[+] for years and the scroll wheel still works flawlessly
well it could use some lube, the click are louder than they used to be
but it's still probably my favorite part of the mouse
>>
>>61718050
>>61718394
though It seems, as I'm googling for some images, the newer version has also new scroll-wheel so beware that
>>
Okay, so I never owned a good LCD monitor. I had a SyncMaster CRT, then I switched to whatever piece of shit is installed in my Samsung laptop. The thing is, I'm building a PC, and I wanted a good monitor for gaming. 144Hz etc. Tried one of those AHVA-IPS ones, didn't like the IPS glow. I'm planning to exchange it for a TN, however the TN reviews I read mention the colors being washed out at the far edges. Which is essentially the same problem I had with the IPS, namely stuff just isn't looking as good at edges/corners as it was in the center.

Is it just a TN thing? Is there no (affordable, no more than $700pls) HD monitor that will be as uniform at the edges as it is in the middle?

I've even looked into VA 1440p ultra-wides but they suffer from flickering and ghosting.
>>
Are those Android/Windows boxes enough to play Netflix? im looking for something simple.
>>
About to reinstall Windows 7 on a new SSD, havent reformatted for years. Has Microsoft added any anti-customer bullshit to 7 that I'll need to stop/disable when I run the updater?
>>
How does one identify a usb drive that has nand memory anywhere approaching the usb standard? I don't trust "high speed" as a useful label and the market is saturated with 5mb/s bullshit.
>>
>>61718618
>>>/wsr/358159
>>
>>61718394
https://www.amazon.com/ROCCAT-Performance-Gaming-Mouse-Black/dp/B004E4FY4U

This?

I see different models for cheaper but I don't love the lip on the mouse buttons. Looking for something $20-40 range. Thanks though!
>>
>>61718651
wot
>>
>>61718676
yeah that one
I have no idea why is it so expensive tho It's an older model, I wouldn't buy it either desu
>>
>>61718568
There is telemetry in a later update https://github.com/spexdi/MTRT to remove.

>>61718490
Yes. If you care about Netflix 4K make sure you pick something compatible.
>>
>>61718618
Reviews.
>>
>>61718778
Anything searchable so I don't have to check every usb to figure what price point separates teh garbage?
>>
>>61718822
Don't think so.

The manufacturer rated speed can be useful as an initial estimate, but don't trust it completely.
>>
>>61718443
VA is the best for contrast, IPS is best for angle/edge consistency, TN is best for response times. Can't have all three.
>>
>>61718856
>edge consistency
But that's the thing, IPS (well, AHVA since we're talking about 144Hz monitors) has that silvery glow in the corners. It's the entire reason I wanted to switch my for TN, to have better edge consistency, since I don't really care about viewing angles. Should I just stick with the IPS then, since I won't get better edge consistency with TN? What the fuck, why are monitors so shit.

I've looked at some VA monitors but they mostly don't have amazing refresh rates. Looked at an ultrawide cloked at 100Hz but people reported an incredible amount of various issues with it. Wanted to have an ultrawide for some time but doesn't seem worth it when they flicker and have mad ghosting.
>>
>>61718923
TN is the way to go if you're always going to be front row center on your monitor
>>
File: openvpntech_logo.png (29KB, 900x260px) Image search: [Google]
openvpntech_logo.png
29KB, 900x260px
>>61717481
Is there a way to setup openvpn to route ONLY one browser? I would like to access my server through a vpn, but don't want to have it on 24/7 or turn it on and get disconnected from everywhere else.
>>
>>61718923
TN is generally worse than IPS for top/bottom edge glow (and has noticeable colour shift), but better for left/right edge.

Pick your poison really.
>>
>>61718972
Go in to the proxy settings of the browser you want to use the vpn on and set them accordingly
>>
On the subject of TN panels, don't they still have inferior color reproduction?
>>
>>61718986
Stupid question, but how, thought vpn is different from proxying.
>>
>>61718973
Is there any explanation for that?
>>
>>61719113
Check your vpn for configuration options.
>>
How to use vimproc with chicken scheme?
>>
chrome is freezing up and is generally acting slow on my laptop.
would an ssd fix it?
>>
File: jackett-banner.png (12KB, 670x155px) Image search: [Google]
jackett-banner.png
12KB, 670x155px
>>61717481
Is there any way to import all torznab links with categories directly to sonarr? or do I really have to go through like 40 links manually?
>>
>>61717497
Depends on who you ask
>>
Any way of transferring Debian to another drive and it working as it did? Or will I just have to reinstall fresh?
Don't want to reinstall all my packages is all.
>>
>>61719761
what
just clone it
>>
>>61719761
Yeah, just copy everything across (using something that preserves permissions etc and doesn't cross drive boundaries, like tar, rsync, cp with proper options). Then adjust your fstab and /etc/udev/rules.d/*persistent-net.rules if present. Then update initramfs to pick up your fstab changes and install grub on the new drive.
>>
File: sonarr-banner.png (36KB, 500x176px) Image search: [Google]
sonarr-banner.png
36KB, 500x176px
>>61717481
Do I have to manually always click the search on each episode or is there a way to auto download full seasons in sonarr or how does that work, does it auto download them at some point (if they are marked as watched)?
>>
File: 1478785665158s.jpg (5KB, 166x249px) Image search: [Google]
1478785665158s.jpg
5KB, 166x249px
Will threadripper affect the prices of Ryzen much?
>>
I've got an iPhone 7 with iOS 10.2. Should I update to iOS 10.3.3? I'm just a normie but I don't want to comprise battery life or functionality; I remember android updates ruining my old Samsung galaxy.
>>
File: y13_i021.png (1MB, 1300x786px) Image search: [Google]
y13_i021.png
1MB, 1300x786px
My Yoga 13 has been heating up way more than before for the same CPU load and ambient temps. I think it's dust buildup.

What should I do?
>>
Why is the mod letting interracial spam on /g/

Every fucking day now.
>>
>>61718972
On linux, you can create a netns to run the vpn + browser + whatever else you want to use the vpn. You can also use this to do other things, like sandboxing applications so they can't access the outside world if the VPN dies (e.g. drop all traffic in the netns trying to exit over the veth and not coming from a vpn user account).
>>
>>61717481
C# or Java?
>>
Is there a good guide for building a non-gaming PC? I've checked the Falcon Guide but that seems mostly for gaming. I'll take recommendations for parts as well. My budget is around $250-300 excluding an OS.
>>
>>61720304
What do you want to do with it?
Facebook machine?
>>
I'm learning to program with java but I've seen people recommending kotlin in /g/ and I'm interested because of what I read about this programming language. should I learn to program with java (cuz the course I'm following focus on java) then move straight to kotlin?
>>
>>61720341
It's for my parents so yeah mostly just office stuff, web browsing, etc.
>>
>>61720304
>$250-300
That's prebuilt money. There's a point under which you can't build a better computer than, say, Lenovo or Dell can sell you during some firesale. That point is right around $400.
>>
>>61720370
You probably shouldn't. Especially if you'd otherwise be buying Windows separately, at the low end you're often better off going prebuilt.
>>
>>61720430
I was thinking of just putting Ubuntu or something on it. Microsoft Word works with WINE right?
>>
>>61717733
I use chrome remote desktop.
>>
Why is it that when I unzip files they occasionally have impossible access times?
Like Gamecube ISOs will have last modified times from 1996. Is it just a quirk of how zip files store dates?
>>
Graduating next semester as a computer engineer
Should I take a linear algebra course? It'd be instead of a semiconductor fabrication course but I honestly have zero interest in that.
>>
I bought a used Thinkpad and took it apart to clean out eight years worth of dust. However, compressed air doesn't seem to be doing anything to the fan. I've tried every angle and no dust is coming off at all, and this thing is filthy. I used a coffee filter wrapped around a q-tip to get some of it off, but it is still pretty dirty.

I guess I'm just asking how to actually clean a laptop fan.
>>
fresh pc do i update chipset drivers?
>>
>>61720591
Yeah, linear algebra would be more useful in industry than semi stuff if you ever get into doing control systems and whatnot. It is fun making your own solar cell but I dunno how you would get into the semicunductor industry unless you went through academia. Oh, and the semiconductor course that I did was mostly memorizing dozens of equations on electron flow and and shit. Really specific to that industry.
>>
>>61720616
isoprop alcohol
cotton balls
>>
>>61720670
I have done that, but there is still a little dust visible that is inaccessible. And surely there is more lodged inside the fan that is not visible? Am I just overthinking this?
>>
>>61720702
>overthinking
>>
>>61719138
TN panels have significantly more shift in brightness/gamma with rotation vertically than they do with rotation horizontally. IPS is about equal in both axes.
>>
>>61720711
Good point.
>>
>>61720031
>Will threadripper affect the prices of Ryzen much?

No, they're catering to different markets.

>>61720634
Usually don't have to.
>>
>>61720663
Yeah I had a feeling it would be like that, was never interested in semiconductors or the industry anyways.
>>
>>61720491
Most likely the computer/gamecube/wii used to do the rip had it's time set wrong.
>>
If I host mail in exchange online (office 365, exchange part), will Microsoft read them, or only administrators of my domain?
>>
File: a.png (386KB, 1005x592px) Image search: [Google]
a.png
386KB, 1005x592px
Why is FLAC music more expensive than MP3/MP4. Is there any advantage to get the FLAC version?
>>
>>61720450
Don't use Wine on machines you'll be giving to family, keep everything as idiot proof as possible.
>>
>>61720846
Slightly higher quality.

>>61720833
Both can.
>>
>>61720866
>slightly
Exceptionally.Plus you can encode it to your favorite codec meme of the time being and use it on your other devices
>>
File: IMG_0174.jpg (342KB, 1116x1680px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0174.jpg
342KB, 1116x1680px
is there any downside to run dual monitors , one from the gpu and one from the motherboard?

I just got an old monitor that only has vga and dvi. Since the dvi in my gpu is already in use, I plan to run the second monitor from the mobo, I just want to know if there is any downside
>>
>>61720952
...No...
>>
>>61720846
Because audiphiles love paying more to support their feelings of superiority. Also more bandwidth.
>>
>>61720873
>use it on your other devices
Your other devices don't support mp3?
>>
>>61717740
thnx daddy
>>
File: IMG_2862.jpg (55KB, 655x655px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2862.jpg
55KB, 655x655px
>>61717938
Norther Canada here. We have satellite in some of the more remote locations around my city. Most speeds are about 10x faster than dial-up. My mother has it, and I have tried watching netflix while at her house, its okay during the middle of the night, but any peak hours the speeds are virtually non-existent.

If that is all you have, it's better than the alternative.
>>
>>61720873
>Exceptionally

Please show any study where 320kbps AAC is distinguishable from 44k1 16 bit raw.
>>
How can I stream films from a file on my computer? Want to broadcast for friends but I'm a dumbass
>>
Is the linux networking stack vastly superior to Windows? Everything else equal whenever I use linux networking seems way faster and more stable. Only other thing I could think would be a shitty driver in windows
>>
>>61719462
More RAM. Chrome is a pig on resources.
>>
>>61720702
Use your dishwasher then. Just make sure you let it dry real good before using it again.
>>
>>61717481
Where should I get headphones repaired at? An electronics store, a dedicated headphone repair store, what?
>>
File: emacsthemes.png (6KB, 253x55px) Image search: [Google]
emacsthemes.png
6KB, 253x55px
I'm trying to get two different themes for emacs gui and -nw (solarized in terminal is unbearable). I've done pic related, but that causes both themes to be selected for emacs -nw and screws up some of the font colors.

Is there a way I can load just solarized or just wheatgrass without having "Select more than one theme at a time" on.
>>
How do I stop firefox from unloading tabs and what extension should I use for unloading tabs?
>>
>>61717520
Yes. Drivers to be specific. And it's actually per USB port, rather than just your computer.

So a USB device gets plugged into port 1, drivers install. Unplug, plug into port 2, drivers install again. Plug back into port 1, it gets automatically recognized.
>>
Anyone know a good HTPC build? I found this, but it's a couple of years old.
https://pcpartpicker.com/guide/kfp9TW/basic-htpc-build
>>
File: yikez.jpg (260KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
yikez.jpg
260KB, 1080x1920px
>>61717481
This guy in my computer engineering courses who is bound to fail out, sent our group chat this build:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ZRKcKZ

and then he bought it, pic related.

So my stupid question is, how upset does this make you? Because I wanted to go find him and slap him in the face for genuinely being this fucking retarded.
>>
>>61717733
AirDroid is pretty good.
>>
File: wuzitwurfittho.png (555KB, 987x707px) Image search: [Google]
wuzitwurfittho.png
555KB, 987x707px
Hey /g/, I had a storm the other day and a power surge fried an ethernet card inside my computer so I went and ordered this.

Learned what a UPS was yesterday, ordered this today. did i do good boys?
>>
>>61721548
Yeah, the cheap ones don't have good battery backup though. Mine only lasts about 5 minutes so it's really just a warning to save your shit and shut down, or to keep your shit running when the power flashes.

Super fucking helpful to not lose work, though. If you live in an area with common power outages (even when there isn't a storm) you will never go back to a normal surge protector.
>>
>>61721152
Plex.
>>
>>61721512
mistakes were made
>>
>>61721577
for a kinda beefy desktop (4 hard drives and gtx 980), do you think this one (its 650VA) would last long enough to turn my computer off? I believe it comes with software to send a shutdown signal to the computer.
>>
>>61721613
>650
What voltage is your psu?
>>
>>61717722
>1u rackmounts that aren't loud
Sure there are. Some Supermicro Atom 1Us and various appliances and such that are 1U... Probably some audio mixers and stuff too.
>>
>>61721548
If you don't care that you'll only have a minute or two of power when you get an outage, you're fine. Proper UPS's that'll last an hour are the size of a small tower.

All you really need though is a surge protector for saving your electronicals.
>>
>>61721613
Yeah, mine is 450 VA with a 750w PSU, 1070 + 4 hdds, and the longest I've waited is 2 minutes. Unless you have a thesis paper with a ton of unsaved shit open you will have plenty of time to do so.
>>
>>61718050
G9x wheel is super tight and I've been clicking it for probably 4 years.
>>
>>61718618
Buy from a known brand and read the specs given by the manufacturer on the product page. I personally recommend Kingston.
>>
>>61721631
my psu is 650W but I believe it only draws around 500 under load. I assume you meant wattage.

>>61721660
good to know. does yours have the USB cable that connects as a peripheral to your computer to send a shutdown signal? I'm kinda skeptical about how well that is going to work autonomously.
>>
>>61720450
>word works with wine
Yeah I think ver 2003 or 2007 is fine, but honestly LibreOffice is just as good or better for most tasks.
>>
>>61720952
Downside is you'll have two video drivers installed, whereas if you ran both monitors on your card and disabled your onboard, you'd have only one video driver. Fewer chances for issues.
>>
is there a way in zenmap to take the results of a ping scan and then do an intense scan only on live hosts?
>>
>>61721689
>good to know. does yours have the USB cable that connects as a peripheral to your computer to send a shutdown signal? I'm kinda skeptical about how well that is going to work autonomously.
Nope, mine cost $40 usd and is pretty bare bones. When I'm not running a game, all my peripherals consume around 150w (goes up a lot under load). tb.h, I wouldn't want that feature anyway, since i'm skeptical I'd be able to save things that are open and unsaved, and the high end UPSes let you work for another hour or two, or three, anyway.
>>
>>61721689
>wattage
yeah
You should have maybe 10-15 minutes tops depending on load
>>
>>61721512
>how upset
eh... where's his video card?
>>
>>61721751
He said he didn't like the way it looked in his case. This guy isn't even fucking rich or anything. I'm fairly certain he bought this with college loan money.
>>
File: image48.jpg (115KB, 922x916px) Image search: [Google]
image48.jpg
115KB, 922x916px
I have the opportunity to buy a first gen moto 360 for $75, is it worth it? I'd like to have a smart watch and from what I can tell the 360 is pretty good but I'm afraid smart watches are just a gimmick
>>
>>61721735
Yeah im gonna check that feature out... just because it's gonna be there why not. Come the fall semester I can't leave my unsaved work in the hands of some rinky dink 1s and 0s.
>>61721745
that's what I was hoping for

thanks to both of ya for reassurance.
>>
>>61718310
>Fans will continue to try to spin until they burn out or break. Gg
>>
>>61721805
>I'm afraid smart watches are just a gimmick
Here I have a short quiz for you:
1. Do you like wearing a watch?
y/n
2. Are you a fag from the watch general thread?
y/n

if you answered yes and then no, buy it. I don't have a smart watch because i don't really like watches, but if i was going to have a watch It just seems like the evolution of watches for them to be connected to your phone.
>>
File: free-shrugs[1].jpg (50KB, 449x642px) Image search: [Google]
free-shrugs[1].jpg
50KB, 449x642px
best way to activate windows 10? Yes I know, botnet yadda yadda, but I'm just installing this for a family member because
>ANON YOU KNOW HOW TO USE COMPUTERS RIGHT???
and they say they can't afford it. I say bullshit, but I ain't gonna be an ass about something so petty. the wiki says KMSPico, but the main page seems awfully shady with a fake chat full of bots saying pre programmed lines and instructions that explicitly tell you to "just disable your antivirus bro :^)". I know that's needed for regedit, but still
>>
thinkpad x1 carbon circa 2014 reformatted with Linux Mint runs hot as fuck here while playing not very intensive games.

installed thinkfan to make the fan crank at higher temps but still getting ~90C+ temps while playing Darkest Dungeon.

What do I even do about this? Do I have to open it up and replace the thermal paste?
>>
>>61721942
that may help, but it's almost certainly just a buildup of dust inside. you can get some of it through the vents with canned air, but by opening it up you can get all of it
>>
>>61721873
Thanks for the input, I think I'm gonna pull the trigger on it
>>
>>61721961
That's almost certainly it.

I have a project this weekend then.
>>
File: 1500332227663.png (31KB, 755x708px) Image search: [Google]
1500332227663.png
31KB, 755x708px
The computer used to be about what you could create, not what you could consume. It was called the everything machine.

My stupid question is what are some cool things you can do on the computer that most normies dont know about?
>>
>>61722241
>what are some cool things you can do on the computer that most normies dont know about?
you sure sound like a normie why should i tell you any of my sacred computer knowledge?
>>
File: 1498840620845.gif (925KB, 1200x832px) Image search: [Google]
1498840620845.gif
925KB, 1200x832px
>>61722264
Because we are all friends here
>>
I just factory reset a laptop and turned off windows update.

I believe I have service pack 1 installed. Is it better to stay rolled back on a certain update or should I let everything install?
>>
Is there a 4chanx for Firefox?
>>
>>61722403
it's the same one, you just have to install greasemonkey then install it
>>
File: file.jpg (71KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
file.jpg
71KB, 1000x1000px
How well would hdmi matrix switches work on a PC that is constantly checking to see if a display is connected? As opposed to a set top box or a console, which will just output the video regardless. Will it act like the cable was plugged in when switched to?
>>
Do you ever turn off your pc?
>>
>>61722559
...Yes?
>>
>>61722559
nightly unless there's some longer download, or you're some sort of uptime circlejerker. no reason not to
>>
File: ss+(2017-08-03+at+09.58.08).jpg (99KB, 1116x425px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-08-03+at+09.58.08).jpg
99KB, 1116x425px
Friend upgraded his computer and gave me his old motherboard. (pic related)

Which CPU should I pair with it? I was thinking of picking up a 4770k. Is there anything better for the money?

Thanks for your time.
>>
File: Untitled.png (7KB, 319x35px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
7KB, 319x35px
>Windows 7
>Chrome
YouTube will do this fuckin' horse shit for 10 or so seconds when I'm just browsing videos. Freezes the whole goddamn page. Anyone know what causes this and how to fix it? Thanks amigos.
>>
I hope someone here can help me.

I wanna learn a programming language, so I choose learn python, start to make some research, materials, videos but there's a lot of information and I'm lost where to start.

What do you suggest for me to start learning this language? Do you have any material or book to indicate?
>>
>>61722721
Learn Python the hard way
>>
>>61722721
this >>61722724
>>
>>61722559
I only turn my PC off to dust it once a month. Otherwise it's on unless there's a power outage.
>>
>>61718053

How would that work?

Also, bump: >>61718002
>>
>>61722721
Let me explain it like a wizard teaching magic.
You want to learn magic? What do you want to use magic for? What kinds of spells would you like to know? Are you sure you're interested enough to invest time and effort into learning the more difficult magics? Okay, once you've figured that out come back and I'll have you read some basic spell scrolls. No complicated incantations until you can show me you can start a fire or make objects levitate.
>>
>>61722503
Depends how the switch is implemented, some will appear to the PC like it's being plugged and unplugged, some will appear like it's always plugged in.

It is kind of possible to disable monitor detection at the driver level if behaving as if it's always plugged in is required.
>>
>>61722637
4770K/4790K would be ideal if you can find them for sensible price.

What's the rest of the hardware you're using?
>>
>>61722827
How about you explain what you mean. What is your threat vector. Whan information do you want to protect. What are you using tor for.
>>
>>61722842
Oh shit, not this fucking guy again.
>>
>>61722892
Accept no substitutes!
>>
>>61722842
its simple to learn a fireball
keep your virgin till you aged 35
>>
>>61722724
>>61722791
Thanks. I'll buy this, It seems to be a good material.

>>61722842

>You want to learn magic?
Yes
>What do you want to use magic for?
Basically I wanna be able to make a program to automate my calculations.
I'm a engineerfag and in a class I needed to use a program and did not know how to do it.

Example: I have a port crane and I'm wanting to calculate the traction and compression at certain angles.
Basically I had to make a program that had all the formulas and asked the user to enter only the weight of the load, after that the program calculate the traction and compression.
My friend help me and wrote this program in C, I was able to understand logic and structure, so by researching I've seen people saying that python is as simple and functional as C, so I decided to learn python.

>What kinds of spells would you like to know?

Make programs to help me in the work/class, be able to understand what's happening in my pc, be able to talk with the "IT guy" about a project...

>Are you sure you're interested enough to invest time and effort into learning the more difficult magics?

Of course, more than a simple interest, it's a necessity. After that I wanna learn other languages and expand my knowledge.
>>
>>61722996
Sorry for grammar errors.
>>
>>61717637
tried running it from Safe Mode? or from Repair Mode launched off a bootable DVD or USB?
>>
>>61719462
ram is your issue. i thought i could save my laptop w an ssd too. it doesnt hurt to have an ssd anyway but you might as well get more ram.
>>
>>61720450
AMD 5350, ssd, start w that
>>
>>61722996
>Thanks. I'll buy this, It seems to be a good material.
Wait, it costs money now!? Fuck that, just use the official resources: https://www.python.org/about/gettingstarted/
>>
File: 1376046789621.gif (460KB, 360x240px) Image search: [Google]
1376046789621.gif
460KB, 360x240px
If I connect a pc using a cord to another that uses a wifi card to connect to a router, will the connected pc be able to use the wifi card to connect to the router?
>>
>>61722996
I can show you a hammer and tell you what it does but until you smack some nails down yourself you won't fully grasp and appreciate its intended purpose. The best way to learn programming is to DO programming. Figure it out by trial and error and never be afraid of writing ugly code as long as it's functional in the end. You can refine things later as you gain a deeper understanding of it all. You're learning the ABCs again, don't feel bad if you can't immediately write War and Peace.
>>
>>61723220
Disregard this, I figured it out.
>>
File: 0803172321_HDR.jpg (615KB, 1440x1362px) Image search: [Google]
0803172321_HDR.jpg
615KB, 1440x1362px
Is there anything visibly wrong with my Pokemon Yellow PCB (besides the missing battery)? I tried to replace the battery, and it won't freaking boot. I know my GBC isn't the problem because it plays the other cartridges just fine.
>>
>>61718050

g500s

amazing scroll wheel.
>>
File: 0803172321a_HDR.jpg (750KB, 1440x1644px) Image search: [Google]
0803172321a_HDR.jpg
750KB, 1440x1644px
>>61723333
Here's the backside.
>>
>>61721548

get an APC, not a knock off
>>
>>61723333
>>61723346

There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the cartridge as far as traces and solder goes... Try using contact cleaner on the pins that plug in, or even using a coin and gently scraping some of the buildup might result in it working again.
>>
>>61723333
well there are not many components, as long as all the contacts are still soldered on right it must be a dead chip :(
>>
File: Untitled.png (4MB, 1440x1362px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
4MB, 1440x1362px
>>61723333
I think this thing is missing. Nice quads btw.
>>
>>61722680

refresh your chrome install.

- make back ups of your userscripts, adblock/ublock settings, stylish themes,RES, etc.

- go to "C:\Users\(your name here)\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data

and delete the folder that says default.
>>
>>61723391
That's what I figured. At least the cartridge itself is in mint condition, so I think I'll buy another cartridge that's beat up but working and put that PCB in my good looking cartridge.
>>
>>61723398

That should just be a decoupling cap, it wouldn't be a show-stopper.
>>
>>61723398
That's just a cap to ground for some pin. And if it had just fell off surely there would still be some solder mess there.
>>
File: AiH1mz5.png (60KB, 789x289px) Image search: [Google]
AiH1mz5.png
60KB, 789x289px
>>61717481
pic related is what im currently running.
For about a week ive been having an issue with the suspend on ubuntu (via closing the lid) where whenever i open it instead of giving me the login screen like it supposed to it just shows the last thing that was on the screen. everything is frozen so i am unable to click anything or scroll and no shortcuts work however i can still move the curser. the only thing that actually works in doing ctrl+alt+f1-6 to go into the command line and it lets me type in my login there but once i do alt+f7 to go back to the gui the screen is still frozen how it was before. The only way i am able to unfreeze my machine is to hard reboot it. i honestly have no idea how to fix this ive googled the question but i cant seem to find anyone else having this issue.
>>
>>61717481
how come the wiiu has an eumlator but the vita doesn't? are prgorammers lazy assholes?
>>
>>61722996
https://www.edx.org/course?search_query=python
https://en.coursera.org/courses?query=python
>>
>>61721895
kms pico "main page" is a forum post on mydigitallife
>>
>>61723346
>big old test points on the edge
Hmm, might the NVRAM have lost important game data and needs to be reprogrammed?
>>
>>61723449
Well if you can go to a tty then you can check the logs and actually have something more useful than "thing doesn't work" to search for. On my system that would be /var/log/{Xorg.0.log,syslog,pm-suspend.log} but it might be different for you if you are using systemd
>>
Why does my monitor only give me the choice of going from 24hz straight to 60hz and above?

I need 30hz for a specific program.
>>
>>61722996
https://lectures.quantecon.org/py/
>>
>>61691633
thread >>61690716

what could anon have used to display the XMP information ?
tried a couple and none worked
>>
what can i do with 4chan custom css?
>>
File: icon.png (15KB, 371x101px) Image search: [Google]
icon.png
15KB, 371x101px
What's this mini icon that's appeared in the corner of all my MP4 files?
>>
File: 1496701675644.jpg (39KB, 489x332px) Image search: [Google]
1496701675644.jpg
39KB, 489x332px
>>61723503
kek. That was 3 hours ago. He's already pulling unwitting DDOS attacks for the russian mafia
>>
Why do I keep getting the "invalid settings file" error message whenever I try importing a custom theme on Oneechan + 4chanX?
>>
>>61723659
It means they're fragmented
>>
Is traffic shaping any good in any way? Got some software from Gigabyte drivers page and it apparently shapes traffic.
>>
File: autism.gif (512KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
autism.gif
512KB, 480x270px
my ISP filters HTTP traffic from my home server.

Is there a service that I can use that will act as a proxy on a different port?

I want something that I can change DNS entries to so that a client connects to this other server on port 80, and that server forwards it to me on lets say port 60000 so that it evades my ISP's filtering.

Any ideas?
>>
>>61723659

run a defrag
>>
Has anybody set the dark dackground in Firefox content?
If so, which text colour have you chosen?
White isn't visible on sites that have white background defined but not the text.
>>
>>61723690
I five dollar vpn with varnish running on? Pretty much anything. Also, does you isp filter port 443 too?
>>
>>61723669
>>61723692
Windows insists the drive is 0% fragmented and that it was defragged automatically 2 days ago. Got it trying anyway without any effect.

On a whim I uninstalled avisynth (since it was the most recent install I could remember before the icon appeared, + was media related.) and restarted explorer.exe, which appears to have swapped the icon back to the Windows Movie Maker one. With hindsight I should probably have restarted explorer first to see if that had any impact, but whatever. One of those two made it go away.
>>
>>61723849
>Movie Maker
Media Player, even.
>>
I want to make a custom ESXi ISO. I've tried the esxi customizer
and I've added the vib file for my NIC but on install I still get "nfs41 client failed to load". ESXi version is 6.5 and my NIC is atheros 8151.
Any suggestions so I can make this work?
>>
My problem in a nutshell is that i got a fuckton of BSOD's and freezes/lockups and now my HDD won't start anymore at all (BSOD every time after win7 startup bar vanishes saying i need to run chkdsk /f) so i took the disk out and connected it to my laptop, however it all shows as unallocated space now with assigned drive letter F: and 0 bytes free

I already tried Easeus data recovery and easeus partition master but both of these seemed pretty useless

All of my important shit is on that disk. Am i SOL here? How the fuck do i get NTFS back so i can run chkdsk afterwards?`
>>
>>61723845
yes.

I found dnsexit.com

I use them to skirt port 25 SMTP. they have a url redirect that will direct clients to any port I want, https is supported.

$7 for a year

seems like it should work
>>
>>61724033
>>61724033
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/283116-32-recover-ntfs-partition-drive

So the last post in this thread says something about a "check partition" setting which supposedly fixes this but that tab isn't even there in the program for me lmao

Are there any alternatives to the easeUS stuff?
>>
File: bluddy ell :DD.jpg (60KB, 446x767px) Image search: [Google]
bluddy ell :DD.jpg
60KB, 446x767px
>>61717481
Hello Huddersfield
>>
>>61724033
>>61724033
How probable is it that truecrypt encryption is causing the RAW file system shit when connected externally? This just came to my mind
>>
Why does windows suck at RAM management? On my 4gb laptop I can barely run firefox with max 2 video playing tabs or else it crashes out of memory, the whole time firefox using merely 1.2gb ram in task manager. Resource monitor (and other random programs) show windows eating up more than half of my ram with no indication of what system process is using it.
On an 8gb computer, i can barely run chrome with anything else, and i'm forced to close it when gaymen or else it's a 50/50 whether windows force closes my game or chrome. Resource monitor shows the same thing, more than half taken by who knows what. It's been slightly better ever since i got an extra 8gb for it, but it's still using up more than half, and even used up 95% with only firefox open and using 1.8gb.

>inb4 cache
That's shown separately in resmon, not like it matters anyway since it should swap that out when it's used (those circlejerks on /g/ and other forums must be the truth right?)
>>
>>61724128
>>61724128
Instaled TC now but it doesn't seem to be able to mount, it's shown as unallocated aswell but when i try mounting it keeps saying "please select free drive letter from the list"

What the fuck
>>
>>61724187
>>61724187
Now it says "cannot mount host device is already in use"

Is he talking about the SATA USB bridge it's plugged into? What
>>
>>61724223
>>61724223
Lel and now it says wrong mount mode or not a truecrypt volume

Goddamn this is what nearing a nervous breakdown must feel like
>>
Gotta learn java. Anyone know a painkiller for this? How can I ease this pain?
>>
>>61724033
>>61724033
Currently running GetDataBack, its working slow as fuck but hopefully it will produce some workable results
>>
WTF now it just reset all of the progress (the bar was at "15% done") and started listing all those files all over again for no reason

What are some alternatives to GetDataBack
>>
>>61724310
gdb ntfs/fat is one of the best nobull file recovery
>>61724421
did you run a deep scan?
>>
>>61724310
>>61724310

Cmon goys someone here has to know how to save the data on an encrypted NTFS hdd being shown as raw in explorer for some reason

I do have a semi-complete backup but that ranges back a couple months so i'd rather pull the recent stuff off quick and then toss that dying pos hdd in the bin once my new build is all set up

Also i'm running WD diagnostics rn, not that i expect much from it but maybe that can give some pointers aswell
>>
>>61724461
Yeah i think deep scan is the default setting, at least i didn't saw any other

I paused it for now to let the WD diagnostic do its thing but the fact that it already started over once probably means it's not going to work at all, i do hope that i'm wrong though

Ah nevermind the diagnostic finished successfully now but that's not of much use for me unfortunately since i still cannot see the fucking files regardles

Jesus fuck why does stuff like this have to happen 3 hours before an appointment you had scheduled for months ahead
>>
File: phoney - fake - genuine.jpg (235KB, 862x504px) Image search: [Google]
phoney - fake - genuine.jpg
235KB, 862x504px
Is the Library of Babel fake? Website: http://libraryofbabel.info/

All the permutations of 1 book with 410 pages with 40 lines per page and 80 characters per line with the following character set is >10^1million. How many bytes would 10^1,000,000 text characters be? Said text characters are " ", ".", a through z in the English alphabet, and ",".
When each character is one of 29 unique characters it needs a 5-bit charset:
1 binary number can represent 2 different numbers.
2 binary number can represent 4 different numbers.
3 binary number can represent 8 different numbers.
4 binary number can represent 16 different numbers.
5 binary number can represent 32 different numbers.
8 bits = 1 byte, therefore,
56 characters = 5*56 = 280 bits / 8 = 35 bytes
1,000,000 characters = 5 million bits/8=625,000 bytes
5,000,000,000 bits = 625,000,000 bytes
10^1,000,000 characters = 50^1,000,000 bits / 8 = 6.25^1,000,000 bytes (obviously >10^500)
(I am not certain if my calculations are correct. I know that 1024 bytes = 1 kilobyte.)

One yottabyte is 10^24: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yottabyte

And holy crap I am watching YouTube at the Wayback Machine: http://web.archive.org/web/20170606200137/https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3a_xaRpbj2c&gl=US&hl=en
>>
Does anybody here have Gigabyte Geforce 1050ti?
How well does it work on GNU/Linux with nouvau?
>>
>>61724716
1024 bytes are 1 kibibyte. 1000 bytes are 1 kilobyte. Kilo means thousand, same as in kilogram.
>>
File: 6511697241.png (31KB, 300x135px) Image search: [Google]
6511697241.png
31KB, 300x135px
can I bully comcast into giving me more upload?
>>
how can I load images from all subdirectories with feh? like feh ~/images, which is full of folders
>>
>>61724942
>faster than 91%
>still complaining
>>
>>61720123
Get a can of canned air.
Blow it all over the fans.
OVER the fans, not in the fan heatsink so you will have to disassemble it.
Not enough? Buy Noctua NT-H1 and isopropyl alcohol for repasting but its probably just dusty fans.
>>
>>61725002
nigger I have way more download than I know what to do with
I could loose 60% of that and not notice at all
>>
>>61720304
>>61720370
Buy them a Thinkpad and put a SSD on it.
>>
>>61720702
It will fall off with use if you cleaned it.
Still it will get stuck in the heatsink so call it a day and leave it like that.
>>
what are some good free password managers? right now im using keepass 2 but want to switch to another one
>>
I have a live coding interview coming up. What are some common pitfalls to watch for in C++? My main experience is C#.
>>
>>61725062
Use Libreoffice calc and save the file with password protection.
>>
My graphic card makes this whistling noise when the fan is reaching certain RPMs. Like it's dead silent, then at 40% there is this whistling, then it stops, then at 48% it whistles a bit, and over this speed it's dead silent again, you just hear the air moving.

Anybody ever got that ? Any way to stop that ?
>>
>>61724882
Okay, I'll just wait for the GPU thread to come up.
>>
>>61725109
Bearings are dying.
>>
>>61717492
Very miniscule differences, 903 has weights, supports their charging mat, and supoosedly has less latency but reviewers don't seem to notice this.
Not sure if I should get a 900/3 or just get a g502
>>
>>61725199
The card is like 4 month old. I'll check in.
>>
>>61725199
Also, it sounds like a flute, as if air is resonating on the dissipater.
>>
>>61723027
Safe Mode Yes. Dont have any media with me and not gettin any.

2017-08-04 11:40:05, Info CBS Failed to get CSI store. [HRESULT = 0x80070002 - ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND]
2017-08-04 11:40:05, Error CBS Failed to initialize store parameters with boot drive: and windows directory: [HRESULT = 0x80070002 - ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND]
>>
>>61725276
forgot to add: sfc log is completely empty and not giving out any error codes

I strongly suspect it is just some windows dicking around with elevated rights or something since the system is completely stable otherwise.
>>
>>61725297
could it be because the admin account has no pw? Is that somehow not allowed for sfc?
>>
I'm completely clueless about machine learning but I'm thinking of how to create realistic terrain and I think reinforcement learning can be used for this, eg feed satellite images of lakes, and then the program can generate lakes for you. Am I onto something?
>>
What do USB speeds depend on?

Both my external USB drives (Samsung and Western Digital) peak at 100MB/s both when copying from them and to them. I have an SSD drive in my laptop.
>>
File: doa.jpg (235KB, 1479x675px) Image search: [Google]
doa.jpg
235KB, 1479x675px
Is this drive DOA? Makes a repetitive squeaking sound on power on and won't initialise. Drive is a 6TB Toshiba N300.
>>
Red pill me on 7 row keyboards on T430
>does it just werk
>are all function keys functional
>does it fit or do I need the right palm rest
>>
File: 1500668343400.jpg (74KB, 400x395px) Image search: [Google]
1500668343400.jpg
74KB, 400x395px
Is it possible to deny internet access to my host OS (Windows), but grant it to a VM ?
>>
>>61725575
Do a S.M.A.R.T test in the bios
>>
>>61725614
No, since the vm shares the connection from the host. That being said, you could set a dud DNS (I.E 127.0.0.1) on the host and then set a working one in the VM so it could hypothetically be somewhat possible
>>
>>61725614

Just don't allow outgoing connections from your host's IP in your firewall but allow them for the VM's IP.
>>
Best set up for developing C/C++ on windows? I'm talking like student tier projects, don't need a fuck huge IDE
>>
>>61725681

Thanks, I'll try this one. Will this reliably block the host from accessing the internet ?

>>61725697

You mean in my routers firewall ?
>>
>>61725614
blacklist a usb to the VM and use an external wifi adapter
>>
>>61725706
codelite ? codeblocks ?
Or install a linux distro and use a proper dev environment.

>>61725439
It can be the USB drive itself or the USB port of the laptop. Have you tried with another port/computer ?
>>
>>61725098
Unless the company is autistic like google or had a bad experience with some ex employees, it's usually to make sure they don't hire a complete retard, so they ask some fizzbuzz tier question, if you can read understand what a code does exactly by reading it, maybe some questions to make sure you check for every cases when working with arrays...
I also had some questions about classes and inheritance.
Nothing hard, I never had to prepare this kind of interview and always succeeded them.
>>
>>61725924

All ports work at exactly the same speeds (I have three USB 3.0 ports). I haven't tried them with any other computer, desu. I'll try.
>>
I manually upgraded my Android phone by unlocking the bootloader and installing an official rom.

Now I keep getting storage is full notifications even though all the visible items don't even make up half the max storage. I assume I've got some sort of OS files clogging it up. How can I get rid of them, preferably without rooting or anything?
>>
What's the most aesthetically pleasing FSF approved GNU/Linux distro?
>>
If I get a basic rs232 > usb converter, will I be able to use my old mouse which has a 9 pin rs232 connector?
>>
Ok so my friend has asked me for something retarded, so here I am.

He's looking for an external, wired keyboard in the style of a laptop's "flat" key setup. I guess for gaming to reduce wear and tear on his laptop's keyboard at home. Does anyone have any suggestions?
>>
>>61724305
Head First Java
>>
>>61726323
don't see why not
>>
File: keyboard.jpg (90KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
keyboard.jpg
90KB, 1024x768px
>>61726885
you can find cheap chiclet keys anywhere
for some reason they're pretty popular
>>
>>61717497
Maybe
>>
File: error.png (8KB, 472x152px) Image search: [Google]
error.png
8KB, 472x152px
I tried to open a file (.odt) I created around a year ago and got this. Is my SSD fucked up or is the program retarded? I used the same program to make the file.
>>
How does one change kernels, I would like to put the linux-libre kernel on my manjaro install?
>>
>>61726969

installing linux-libre should go about the same as installing a regular kernel and everything else should just werk with it i.e., you'll get new updated grub listings for linux-libre as you would for new kernel versions etc

if manjaro doesn't prepackage linux-libre you'll have to take the manual approach of downloading/compiling linux-libre (i.e., make, make install), you'll need to run the command to regenerate grub, if you want linux-libre everywhere you'll need to find out how to generate an initramfs from linux-libre rather than just linux, etc, gentoo documentation will help with almost all of this if you just replace linux with linux-libre but to be honest if linux-libre isn't in the manjaro repos it's probably far more effort than it's worth
>>
>>61726969
Download the kernel
Edit your grub.cfg
Try to boot!
>>
>>61725425
>Am I onto something?
AIs can be taught to draw images similar to the ones they are fed, but that seems like overkill for whatever you're attempting to do. There's a lot of programs that procedurally generate things like terrain
>>
>>61723654
You can change the way the content on 4chan is displayed.
Here's a snippet of 4chan's css
body {
background:#1d1f21 none;
color:#c5c8c6;
font-family:arial,helvetica,sans-serif;
font-size:10pt;
margin-left:0;
margin-right:0;
margin-top:5px;
padding-left:5px;
padding-right:5px;
}

You could overwrite that with your own values and properties and change the output. You're only limited by what CSS can do.
>>
what's a good program to watch multiple videos in one window at the same time?
>>
Is there a way to remap system keys on a bluetooth device in Android? My phone keeps treating my gamepad's select button as the phone's back button, and the emulators I use (SNES9x, GenMD, NESEMU, and ePSXe) won't override it.
>>
File: 1499549505380.jpg (183KB, 1124x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1499549505380.jpg
183KB, 1124x1024px
Sometimes my PC fails to wake from sleep. Then when I restart it, it continues to restore my previous session without any problems. Running on Ryzen5 1600, ab350-gaming 3, gtx 760, win7 sp1. Any idea why this happens?
>>
>>61727475
wild guess: win7 isn't compatible with ryzen sleep states
>>
>>61727475
ram suspension doesn't work with win 7 and ryzen faget
>>
WHY doesn't my laptop boot from the live USB flash drive with Debian?
>>
Help a poorfag decide on a new phone

BLU R1 Plus

LG X power

J5 (2015)

LG Stylus 2

?

Moto G4-5 play are out of question. They're expensive in this shithole.
>>
>>61727664
BLU is riddled with spyware (even Amazon stopped selling their phones)
>>
>>61727664
Are Honor phones sold where you live? Also consider the LG Stylo 3 and Huawei P9 Lite/P8/P8 Lite/you get the idea.
>>
File: window.gif (51KB, 504x313px) Image search: [Google]
window.gif
51KB, 504x313px
Is there a higher-res version of the icon from pic related? I found it on a few screenshots, but I can't find a standalone version anywhere.
>>
>>61727691
But can they be removed?

>>61727704
> Honor phones
Not available

> Huawei P8/P8 Lite/P9 Lite
too expensive here

Also found those:
Xiaomi Redmi 4x
Lenovo Vibe K5 Plus
>>
File: Ptbw9yH.jpg (47KB, 800x522px) Image search: [Google]
Ptbw9yH.jpg
47KB, 800x522px
>>61717514
Bump
>>
>>61727851
Xiaomi Redmi are OK, you should get the Snapdragon version and not the Mediatek one (look at the info about the phone and check the processor, if it's Mediatek don't buy). I don't know about the Lenovo one. And, as far as I know, the spyware can't be removed without a custom ROM, but I couldn't find any for that phone.
>>
Any good youtube channels talking about synthesizers and the like?
>>
How do I add blur effect to dash-to-dock
>>
File: e65.jpg (25KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
e65.jpg
25KB, 600x400px
>>61717481
Is is possible to bypass a "You need to sign up or login to continue watching this movie" message on a movie streaming website with a script blocking add-on?
>>
Occasionally when I download something with transmission on my VPS, the file finishes downloading, but the content of the file is filled with null bytes.

Why does this happen?
>>
File: mzv6e250bw-gallery3-0920.jpg (53KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
mzv6e250bw-gallery3-0920.jpg
53KB, 800x600px
Are they worth it or are they just memes?
>>
>>61728632
Memes. Maybe they're good for video editing or large databases, but for home users there's no difference between SATA SSDs or NVMe SSDs. They take less space, though.
>>
I need to use facebook for something from now on, what's a web browser with good privacy extensions I can install and use just for facebook and nothing else to seperate it from my general browsing?

It can't be firefox or palemoon, as I currently use those for my general browsing.
>>
>>61728698
Use a different profile on firefox
(firefox -P)
>>
>>61728713
Does that seriously keep all of the shit facebook tracks seperate from everything else?
>>
>>61728764
Each profile you make creates a separate folder,everything you do in it is separate from all your other profiles.Including extensions etc
>>
File: taHCf3I[1].jpg (66KB, 960x690px) Image search: [Google]
taHCf3I[1].jpg
66KB, 960x690px
Not sure if this is a stupid question, but what audio editing software is being shown here?
>>
Is there any good /g/ guide or chart on activity monitor wristwatches?
>>
>>61728764
Pretty sure it keeps literally everything separate except the actual firefox binaries

That said, if they're using some machine-based fingerprinting, you'll need to use a different device to properly protect yourself.

>>61728529
That depends on the website. If they have any sort of server-based gate (i.e. your browser has to send valid credentials to the server, and only after these have been validated will the server send the video to the browser) then no. If it's poorly made and the gating is on the client side (e.g. a JS script handles the logging in, and once the server has confirmed that the login is valid the client makes a request to an unauthenticated API that retrieves the video) then you just need to reverse-engineer it and then it's trivial to bypass.
>>
>>61727851
>>61727986
Just a heads up on Xiaomi's Redmi line. They're notorious for stuck pixels.
>>
>>61717481

How do I deploy a C/C++ executable as a service on a Linux VPS in a way that is easy to update and log?
>>
considering I have zero knowledge on C programming language is it wise to read UNIX Programming Environment only till the 5th chapter? I'm currently learning to program using python as my first programming language
>>
>>61727766
there's a lot of icons in the screenshot, m8
>>
Will clonezilla copy the dual boot system as well? or will i need to reinstall that?
>>
>>61728090
Please respond
>>
>>61728975
yes, clonezilla can backup a multibooting system
>>
are nigger humans
>>
File: 1501754685866.jpg (95KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1501754685866.jpg
95KB, 800x1200px
can you "pirate" IPTV?
i mean can you reliably obtain IPTV channels for free
>>
File: reg1.gif (8KB, 381x211px) Image search: [Google]
reg1.gif
8KB, 381x211px
>>61717481
I want install an application to the external HDD.
But I also don’t want to leave any traces of the program on my PC (Win7) it should be hidden.
I already know that I need to edit the registry for Add/Remove programs.
What additional steps should I take?
>>
>>61729103
consider installing it through a sandbox like sandboxie
>>
My fermi 480 gtx died on me today.I just need 1080 60 fps with an hdmi and a dvi port.
I dont game,and my monitors are only 1080p.
What nvidia generation should i look at?
>>
>>61729026
No, you dope.
>>
File: idduno.jpg (73KB, 794x640px) Image search: [Google]
idduno.jpg
73KB, 794x640px
Old sony amp for my sound system worked until I moved, didn't drop it or anything, it works still but only outputs sound at a very low volume both through the speaker and headphones. I replaced the speaker wire just to be sure and everything is set up through phono and nowI'm not sure whats wrong.
>>
File: cumslut.jpg (55KB, 1280x766px) Image search: [Google]
cumslut.jpg
55KB, 1280x766px
All the AMD GPUs I've used have made a traditional high-pitched coil whine noise, every Nvidia GPU I've used has made buzzing/chainsaw noises. I've had:

>6850
>7850
>7950
>R9290

>670
>780
>980Ti
>1080Ti

They all followed this pattern exactly, AMDs whine, Nvidias buzz. Is this an actual difference between the two manufacturers or is it just coincidence/luck on my part?
>>
>>61729316
Mechanical parts make noise.
>>
>>61729371
Yeah I'm not complaining about the noise, I'm just wondering if the difference I've encountered is coincidence or not.
>>
Is there any way to block ads in apps (ios).
>>
>>61727766
>>61728958
I'm a fucking nigger. I seriously did not consider that until I read your comment.

I was talking about the watchamacallit in the top-left corner of the browser window - the netscape ship wheel icon.
>>
>>61729243
fuck off /pol/>>61729026
>>
>>61729405
on wifi you can block them with some sort of middle man, or at the router if you have access
on cellular, you're best bet is to use a browser that supports it, otherwise jailbreak and edit the host files
>>
>>61729316
If it isn't the fan, then it is the VRM ("power supply").

Both are made by a 3rd party, like MSI, Gigabyte etc. As far as I can tell, there is nothing in the fan or VRM that should be GPU manufacturer specific.

I've been lucky and my AMD cards have been silent (5770 and 270x most recently) but the one Nvidia I've had (8800gts, yeah, I know it's old as fuck) didn't buzz either.

But yeah, I have heard it in some PCs and it would drive me nuts.
>>
>>61729602
Oh yeah, if you want to know more try searching for "gpu coil whine", I'm sure you'll find a better explanation.
>>
>>61728777
Can nobody answer this question? Seriously? I got trips!
>>
>>61729654
reaper maybe
>>
how can I install a new user.js in palemoon?
>>
>>61729765
Put it in the profile root
>>
>>61729774
thanks I think it worked
>>
I have a bunch of .mkv recordings made years ago with fraps, 10 minutes of it are about 700MB. What i was recording was pretty low quality so is there an easy way to make them smaller? I know nothing of video encoding
>>
File: resdll.dll_14_2.png (825B, 32x32px) Image search: [Google]
resdll.dll_14_2.png
825B, 32x32px
>>61729471
here you go
not sure if there exists a higher res version of this particular icon, as it is meant to just be a small version of the "full" logo, which looks different (showing only the top of the ship's wheel)
>>
Is the 1050 ti 4gb a good choice for gaming if my cpu is an Intel i5 7400k? I don't care about maxing graphics, I'm perfectly fine with low-medium.
>>
Is it worth getting a couple of those chinese Intellimouse Explorer 3.0's off ali? How different are they to real Intelli's?
>>
>>61729876
you're going to want to do something like this
for i in *.mkv; do ffmpeg -i "$i" -vf scale=-H:W "$i.mkv"; done 

H:W being the height and width respectively
check the ffmpeg or webm section of the wiki from the sticky
>>
File: resdll.dll_2_1474.png (31KB, 390x261px) Image search: [Google]
resdll.dll_2_1474.png
31KB, 390x261px
>>61729471
>>61729900
here's the splash screen from the version i pulled this from, if you want it
>>
>>61729900
>>61730047
Thanks a bunch anon

Do you by any chance know why this icon is so rare? Googling "netscape icon" yields only the underlined N icon, and even on screenshots like 90% of them have the underlined N. Is the wheel only present in some very specific version?
>>
New
>>61730602
>>61730602
>>61730602
>>
>>61729961
Sure.
>>
>>61730518
it's the old program icon for netscape navigator, the "N" logo is actually the logo of netscape itself, the company, while navigator was the name of the browser specifically, and the ship's wheel was it's icon
later on the browser itself came to be known as simply "netscape", and so the ship's wheel icon was retired
>>
>>61721348
please respond
>>
Is it normal that monitor has no signal, when there is no hdd?
At first there were some artifacts, then pc restarted itself and now monitor is going to sleep right after boot
Motherboard asrock p67 displays error a2 and a3 which means " Problem related to IDE or SATA devices. Please re-install IDE and SATA devices. If the problem still exists, please clear CMOS and try removing all SATA devices." i did it, no results. hdd had problems for some time (disk usage often was at 100% and when i scanned it there were some warnings) didnt really cared, since i was planning to backup any important data and buy a new one, but its probably a bit too late.
I'm a bit tech illiterate and dont know if it shouldnt run at least bios or show some warnings, even without disk. Gpu is also old as fuck so i wouldnt be suprised if it died.
Anyway, if the disk is dead, can i somehow recover data from it? When pc is turned on it sounds like it works. I cant give it for repair, because i had fap folder full of traps and passwords in .txt on fucking desktop, although they werent important, but still
Also, can I use only external hdd, without any internal hard drive? Because i was going to buy laptop with ssd, so i will need it anyway. I think my mb support it, just want to be sure it wont cause any problems
>>
>>61730759
how are they broken? if a cup just snapped off just tape it back together
if its the interals, surely you know how to solder, right?
>>
My oneitis turned her profile to public and instaraider is giving me an error. Any way to bulk download her instagram?
>>
>>61730825
it's an internal wire, the right side is fiddly.
>surely you know how to solder
guess again
>>
>>61730734
Interesting, thank you
>>
>>61730847
now's a great opportunity to learn, and no question about it, it'll definitely help if you're going to repair electronics in the future.
>>
>>61730897
that was not the question i asked
if i wanted to know how to repair it myself, i would have asked that in the first place. no, i am not going to solder it.
i want to know WHERE i should take it to get fixed
repeat:
electronics store, dedicated headphone repair store, or someplace else?
>>
>>61730847
>>61730897
i can second that, re-attaching a wire on a speaker is a simple and easy thing to do, good chance to learn how to handle a soldering iron

buying an iron and doing it yourself will most certainly be cheaper than taking it in somewhere for repair
>>
>>61730921
i doubt there is such thing as a dedicated headphones repair shop
probably just try a local computer repair shop, they should have someone who can do it, even if it's not something they normally offer
>>
>>61730952
>>i doubt there is such thing as a dedicated headphones repair shop
google shows some right away
the entire crux of my question was whether i should use those or a more general service

>>61730930
i would rather you spend time helping me out instead of blithely and ignorantly repeating "just solder it bro it'd be cheaper"

and no, it wouldn't.
>>
>>61730985
>borrow your grandpas soldering iron
>buy a 3$ coil of soldering wire
>it wouldn't be cheaper
as opposed to having another guy do it for 50$ and up?
>>
>>61730985
no need to get angry, most people don't know what they want, often the best solution to a problem is something other than what the person was asking for
if you don't want to fix it yourself, for whatever reason, that's fine

i will say that it is extremely unlikely to be cheaper to have it repaired by a shop, though, one can get a suitable iron and solder for <$20 easily, most shops don't do jobs that cheaply (plus, you can use the tools for other repairs later on for no cost, until you run out of solder)
>>
>>61731014
>implying i have that
that's the thing you don't get

>>61731098
i learned my lesson about price when i tried to put together a computer and had it collect dust for years before i finally brought it over to a computer shop to help assemble it. it would absolutely be less expensive to have a shop repair the headphones, or buy a new set, rather than break it or leave it collecting dust trying to do it myself.
>>
>>61731355
>when i tried to put together a computer and had it collect dust for years before i finally brought it over to a computer shop to help assemble it
the state of /g/ in 2017
>>
>>61731355
>i tried to put together a computer and had it collect dust for years before i finally brought it over to a computer shop to help assemble it.
on second thought, maybe doing things yourself is beyond your capabilities
>>
>>61722881

I just want to use it to look up stuff. Embarrassing stuff you wouldn't want your family/ISP to see.
Thread posts: 347
Thread images: 51

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.