[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is iPhone so unpopular among tech enthusiasts?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 9

File: iphone7plus-model-select-201703.jpg (49KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
iphone7plus-model-select-201703.jpg
49KB, 1200x630px
Serious question -

Why is iPhone so unpopular among tech enthusiasts?

I sort of understand why enthusiasts didn't like Apple in 2007. Macs were expensive. Macs didn't play games as well as Windows PCs. Enthusiasts didn't like the trend away from PCs customers can fix themselves.

But I don't know why this translated to the iPhone. Let's count the ways iPhones tend to be pretty good

√ Best Customer Support
√ Best Security
√ Respects your privacy
√ Best Software Support
√Best Apps
√ New tech with mainstream adoption happens there first (fingerprint scanners, good cameras, ARKit, etc.)
√Best resale value
√ Best value
√Access to beta software (any iPhone user can run iOS 11 beta today!)

I come to /g/ all the time and there's constantly posts from users trying to fix their boot looped LG phones, or people looking for workarounds to find new software for their relatively new yet unsupported Android phones. There's a daily thread from people risking spending money on Chinese phones that very likely ship with spyware.

Why the hate? Is it really all because you can't rearrange App icons exactly like you want on iPhone?
>>
File: 1485191669106.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1485191669106.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>61712004
Fuck off Ranjeet.
>>
>>61712004
mmm yes fuck you asshole
you can take that Apple Pencil out your ass when they added proper Bluetooth support
>>
>>61712074
when they *add
>>
>>61712004
>Serious question -
Doubt it.

>√ Best Customer Support
No, it's bad just like all phone manufacturers. Also no official bootloader unlock, so that's terrible.
>√ Best Security
Kinda yes.
>√ Respects your privacy
No, apple is a PRISM cooperator and it's proprietary
>√ Best Software Support
Best for gaymes, not the best for /g/ stuff at all.
>√Best Apps
see above.
>√ New tech with mainstream adoption happens there first
Apple did kind of make fingerprint readers mainstream, sure. They are way late on the AR bandwagon though, and good cameras were a thing before they even made phones.
>√Best resale value
True.
>√ Best value
Just false.
>√Access to beta software
Why would we care if it's still locked down? In fact, it just includes new methods of preventing jailbreak.

/thread
>>
>>61712004
>Respects your privacy
Prove it.

Shit bait.
>>
>>61712004
>√ Best Customer Support
if you really need this then it's a shitty phone or you know shit about technology
>√ Best Security
kek, anyone with physical access to a device can obtain your information
>√ Respects your privacy
kek, you are joking, right?
>√ Best Software Support
what does this mean?, updates? just because you get more updates you are agoing to have a better device, just look at windows
>√Best Apps
this is probably true but how do you measure it? all top apps work across plataforms
>√ New tech with mainstream adoption happens there first (fingerprint scanners, good cameras, ARKit, etc.)
>fingerprint scanners
my atrix 4g had this
>good cameras
you mean sony sensors?,kek
>ARKit
another shitty obfuscated standard from apple?, I wonder if it will be different from the other shitty obfuscated standards that came before
>√Best resale value
I agree 100%
>√ Best value
nope, they had some of the worst devices performance/price ratio in the market, only recently they have overcome this but they are still overpriced
>√Access to beta software (any iPhone user can run iOS 11 beta today!)
>unironically testing shit software for free
w o w
>>
>>61712104
You can't /thread yourself, so I'll help you out here.
/thread
>>
>>61712113
>Prove it.

Apple took the FBI to court over encryption.

>>61712104
>No, it's bad just like all phone manufacturers.

Are you sure? When the power button on my iPhone 4s was "squishy", but still functional, after 13 months, I walked into an Apple Store and walked out 30 minutes with a new 4s even though I was out of warranty. They said the "tactile response" wasn't right so they swapped it for free. Who else would do that?

>Also no official bootloader unlock, so that's terrible.

I think this ties in with security. Samsung similarly Samsung Pay and Knox if you unlock the boot loader, right? I think it's a trade off. More security vs allowing enthusiasts to hack their phones.

>Best for gaymes, not the best for /g/ stuff at all.

This is actually my suspicion. Folks on /g/ use tech way differently than non-/g/ people. But can you give me an example?

>They are way late on the AR bandwagon though

Are they? How many people do you know with Hololens or Tango phones? ARKit will be available on 500 million devices in September.
>>
File: 1492832781198.jpg (162KB, 675x900px) Image search: [Google]
1492832781198.jpg
162KB, 675x900px
>>61712004
Is this new pasta?
>>
>>61712004
Tech enthusiasts like to tinker and have control over their devices, the iPhone is the last thing they'd want.
>>
Because techenthusiast niggers are the equivalent of audiophiles.
>>
>>61712177
That gave me cancer. Next time do some research instead of replying with this autistic shit smear.
>>
>>61712177
You could have done way better with that response.
>>
File: 1495824603532.png (323KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1495824603532.png
323KB, 900x900px
>>61712004
Hello reddo.
>>
>Enthusiasts didn't like the trend away from PCs customers can fix themselves.
And we still don't.

>Best Customer Support
>Best Software Support
Why would a tech enthusiast give a shit about tech support that we're not going to use?

>Best Security
So... the one advantage Apple has over most Android phones is that most vendors don't update their phones. This disadvantage is lost the second one moves to a custom ROM like LineageOS, which is updated every week. Back in March, a bunch of vulnerabilities were revealed by Wikileaks for both Android and iOS. What many took away from this is that Android had 26 vulnerabilities and iOS had 14. What those interpreting this did not realize was that many of these vulnerabilities had already been patched, leaving 10 iOS vulnerabilities and 5 Android vulnerabilities unpatched at the time of the release. Furthermore, at least one of the iOS vulnerabilities was a kernel exploit, meaning that it had a greater ability to be compromised.

In 2015, Mac OS X and iOS had the most vulerabilities of any OS. During the period of time between October, 2014 and April, 2015, there was a root escalation exploit (rootpipe) on Mac OS X that was both known and unpatched. Apple took a grand total of six months to patch it, and their first patch did not even fix the problem according to an ex-NSA staffer.

I do not and will not ever trust Apple with security.

>Respects your privacy
Really, I'll chock this down to individual applications. I mostly use free software on my phone.

>Best Apps
What's a good torrent client for iOS?

>New tech with mainstream adoption happens there first (fingerprint scanners, good cameras, ARKit, etc.)
First phone with a fingerprint scanner was the Toshiba G500 according to Wikipedia.

>Best resale value
I don't sell my tech.

>Best value
Arguably not.

>Access to beta software (any iPhone user can run iOS 11 beta today!)
ROMs
>>
>>61712004

> Why the hate? Is it really all because you can't rearrange App icons exactly like you want on iPhone?

Simple, those "people" don't want to know the simple truth, they want to be fooled.

These people don't know a lot about computers, they are not engineers, they are the losers who failed (to enter, inclusively) college, and therefore are sweeping the internet for validation...

Also, for youtubers, it's like death call to be pro-apple, who wants to go to youtube and see Apple win everything? What are you going to do? Present a phone, say it's inferior to iPhone, get downvotes and people swearing at you in the comments? No! You get them entertained in shitty Android phones, they lauch a gazillion a year, not 1, so you'll always have material...
>>
>>61716328

Actually let me rephrase this one part...

>I do not sell my tech.
If I was given an iPhone, I would sell it, because I have no use for a paperweight.

>>61712605

>I think it's a trade off. More security vs allowing enthusiasts to hack their phones.
It's not a necessary trade-off. Rooting one's phone does not actually make the phone insecure. Meanwhile, if you jailbreak an iPhone, you necessarily have an arbitrary code execution vulnerability on your phone, and are not patching it.
>>
File: 51EzxSuEhGL._SL1024_.jpg (48KB, 585x1024px) Image search: [Google]
51EzxSuEhGL._SL1024_.jpg
48KB, 585x1024px
>oh shit, nobody wants silver iphones, we have em laying around all over the place what do we do
>anodize that shit and say something about aids or whatever
>what about the home button
>fuck em, no one will notice
>>
>>61716402

>These people don't know a lot about computers, they are not engineers, they are the losers who failed (to enter, inclusively) college, and therefore are sweeping the internet for validation...
I have a master's degree in computer science and I stand by all of the points I have made.
>>
>>61712004
>Serious question -
>Why is iPhone so unpopular among tech enthusiasts?
>I sort of understand why enthusiasts didn't like Apple in 2007. Macs were expensive. Macs didn't play games as well as Windows PCs. Enthusiasts didn't like the trend away from PCs customers can fix themselves.
>But I don't know why this translated to the iPhone. Let's count the ways iPhones tend to be pretty good
>√ Best Customer Support
I guess
>√ Best Security
true
>√ Respects your privacy
I don't think any smartphone be it iPhone or android respect your privacy. Get a old flip phone if you want that.
>√ Best Software Support
They have longer update support which is nice.
>√Best Apps
This is a opinion.
>√ New tech with mainstream adoption happens there first (fingerprint scanners, good cameras, ARKit, etc.)
Idk about this.
>√Best resale value
True, ppl pay more just cause the logo and the name is known better than other brands.
>√ Best value
There's tons of phone at better value, but they're not iPhones.
>√Access to beta software (any iPhone user can run iOS 11 beta today!)
Can do this on Android also.
>I come to /g/ all the time and there's constantly posts from users trying to fix their boot looped LG phones, or people looking for workarounds to find new software for their relatively new yet unsupported Android phones. There's a daily thread from people risking spending money on Chinese phones that very likely ship with spyware.
>Why the hate? Is it really all because you can't rearrange App icons exactly like you want on iPhone?

I don't hate Apple, I've used some in the past. honestly the only way I'd go back to iPhone is if I could get one with jailbreak on the newest ios. But if seems like jailbreaking is not making it to newer ios versions?

regular iPhone are meh to me, but jailbroken ones seem really nice to use and mess with.

currently I own a op3, but if I could have a iPhone 7 or se with Jailbreak available on it I'd get one.
>>
>>61712004
>best customer support
Never seen a rossmann video before, huh?
>>
>>61712004
√ obvious shills
>>
√ proprietary software
>>
>>61719112
>opinions that matter
√ non-freetards
freetards
>>
>>61712004
iOS is a closed system.
Android based machines have access to more open hardware by proxy.
>>
>>61716435
>Rooting one's phone does not actually make the phone insecure.
>allowing any app total su power over your phone does not make it less secure

Nigga, are you fucking retarded?
>>
Because it's a shiny fragile rectangle with a web browser. It doesn't do anything useful or fun for anyone that isn't a 14 year old girl.
>>
>>61716402
>Also, for youtubers, it's like death call to be pro-apple, who wants to go to youtube and see Apple win everything?

Josh Topolsky, who founded The Verge, said that he thinks most phone reviews should have ended "... but you should just buy an iPhone instead." I think you're on to something with YouTube influencers. The people who post in those comments, known to be some of the most toxic comments sections on the internet, are almost all Apple haters. MKBHD uses an iPhone but keeps an android with him at all times so nobody thinks he's an Apple shill. Smart guy.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170803-190207.png (94KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170803-190207.png
94KB, 1080x1920px
>>61719464

This is what happens when I run su on my phone. No permissions are given unless I say so. It is no more insecure than a desktop operating system
>>
>>61716328
>I don't trust a huge corporation with billions on the line over some neckbeard in his basement who programs a ROM as a hobby

Everyday I continue to see evidence that most android users are poor and uneducated.
>>
>>61720728

>Billions of dollars on the line
And yet that has not stopped it from being a massive fuckup. Meanwhile, when a vulnerability is found in Android, it is custom ROMs that are often the first to receive updates, outside of the vanilla Android distributed with Nexus/Pixel devices.

And if you want to call me uneducated... let's see your master's degree.
>>
>>61721911
>a massive fuckup
Last I checked Apple accounted for something around 90% of smartphone profits. Really strange that people keep trying to emulate such a massive fuckup all the time.

>no but muh market share

Floooding India with shitty phones isn’t something to be proud of
>>
>>61721981
Are you actually implying poor people don't get loans, leases, credit, contracts for iPhones just to pretend to not be poor?

Go to any ghetto and the first thing you're guaranteed to see are iPhones.
>>
>>61721999
What does this have to do with anything even semi related to that post? Poor people buy tons of shit they can’t afford. Nothing new.
>>
Don't really see the point in how having an iphone makes you seem brich. I know more people who buy used iphones because they cant afford new ones.

And somehow they arent poorfags. By apple fags logic.
>>
>>61722057
He's implying only the rich use iPhones. They don't.

My uncle is the business owner of a 5 star restaurant yet he's still rocking a samsung S4 and drives a used f-150 truck he got for $15K. This same man lives in a 400K home with his family. He's done better than 90% of americans out there.
>>
>>61722138
That’s cool. Multiple studies still show that the majority of iPhone users are higher income and higher educated compared to android.
>>
>>61712004
I compile android myself from aosp s I don't give a shit about everything you said.
Why can't you fucking understand that different people have different needs...
>tech enthusiasts
What does that even mean...
>>
>>61712177
>if you really need this then it's a shitty phone or you know shit about technology
Your phone doesnt turn on anymore, will you go to a store and switch it right away FOR FREE or just try to fix itself?
>kek, anyone with physical access to a device can obtain your information
That's why we see daily threads of people asking how to unlock a locked iOS device

And the rest of your post is pure bias of someone that never ever used an iPhone for long time, actually, never used an Smartphone properly for a long time to notice how things do work and don't.
>>
>>61720595
>this only became available in Lolipop
Kek
>>
File: laughing_girls.png (490KB, 449x401px) Image search: [Google]
laughing_girls.png
490KB, 449x401px
>>61722287
meanwhile absolutely no chance on iOS
>>
>>61712004
It isn't. I'm a software developer and 3/4 of my coworkers use iPhones. My boss uses an iPhone. I'm literally leading Android development because I use a Pixel and browse /r/Android.
>>
>>61722157
Can you show me those studies? Did those studies have at least 7 billion participants and verified all answers were truthfully answered?
>>
>>61721981

Just because they are selling products does not mean that they have not fucked up repeatedly in making their product secure. If you know of a security vulnerability in one of your operating systems and wait a full six months before releasing a patch that fails to actually fix the vulnerability, you cannot be called anything other than a fuckup even if you have 100% market share.

I do not give a flying fuck what people are buying. Most people are morons and make uninformed decisions about what to buy. If you make your decisions based on "that's what everyone else uses", you're a moron too!

>Really strange that people keep trying to emulate such a massive fuckup all the time.
It's a race to the bottom. Nearly every smartphone on the market is crap.
>>
>>61722287
Nope. I've been prompted for permission since KitKat. Before then, I was using a dumb phone.

What kind of moron do you have to be to think that having an administrative account on a device means that any application can automatically be given access to it without the user being asked for permission to do so?
>>
I wonder why people are still fighting over this. I mean it's preference.
Personally I have the iPhone 7 Plus and besides some really small complaints I'm as happy as it gets.
But I spent some time with the android OS too and that was fine too.
I just like the reliability of the iPhone and I'll admit the friendly and competent customer support, atleast that's the experience I've made so far.
From battery life to everyday use speed and camera this thing suits my needs perfectly.
But I've nothing against the competition.
The s8 looks gorgeous, the oneplus 5 performs like a champ and I really dig the LG design.
However I made my choice maybe in the future I'll switch or just get myself a second android phone.
I get preferences
I don't get fighting or superiority claims
>>
File: IMG20170711WA0008.jpg (12KB, 306x293px) Image search: [Google]
IMG20170711WA0008.jpg
12KB, 306x293px
>>61722287
>mfw I had this in kitkat
>mfw there are idiots like this
>mfw
>>
>>61712004
I don't use an iPhone because it's hard to use and unreliable.
>>
>>61712004
It's a computer you can't control.
>>
>>61712004
Tech enthusiasts like to tinker. IOS is not easily tinkered with, and the phones themselves tend to be pretty hard to take apart/repair.
>>
File: 1469155254886.png (272KB, 457x458px) Image search: [Google]
1469155254886.png
272KB, 457x458px
>trying to back up my nan's 16,000+ Camera Roll
END MY LIFE
>>
Because of the user's lack of control over the iPhone. This is something that extends to nearly all of Apple's products; you can't really control them beyond doing basic tasks. Everything has to be done Apple's way and that gets old real fast.

>>61723237
That's weird. I always thought Android was really confusing at points. Not so much the case anymore, but still not quite as easy to use as iOS.

>>61723258
This is a very logical answer. This is also why the Nexus line was so popular here; it was THE tinkerer's phone. OnePlus is also really widely loved here.
>>
>>61712004
>Best Customer Support
True.
>Best Security
Eh...
The Fappening happened, so...point; Google.
>Respects your privacy
So does Google.
>Best Apps
Alright, I guess I'll give you that.
>New tech with mainstream adoption happens there first (fingerprint scanners, good cameras, ARKit, etc.)
Not always. This one is totally random. Sometimes new technologies show up on Android devices first, other times its the iPhone. No correlation.
>Best resale value
Eh, OK.
>Best value
Absolutely not. That award goes to the Nexus product line. $300 for god-tier experience can't be beat. I like the iPhone but I'll openly admit it is overpriced as FUCK.
Anon...is this b8?
>>
what the fuck
this applies to Android as well, you know.
>>
>>61723396
I used iphone a long time ago so maybe it's better now, but you didn't even have basic filesystem access there. I pulled mine out from a drawer, charged the depleted battery and wanted to delete a couple of files from it and I couldn't without itunes.

It's too hard to do basic things on it. On android it's super easy.
>>
Same reason why it's popular among businesses and creative that can afford them. They just work. They won't have massive performance slow downs 1 year after use.
>>
>>61722673
One that thinks iPhones are the best
>>
>>61712004
The hardware ranges from okay to top-notch. The "taptic engine" they use for the home button is pretty neat, but iOS is the complete opposite of "enthusiast" software. It's locked down from top to bottom and enforces an "our way or the highway" mentality that works perfectly for tech-illiterate retards and turns off anyone who wants even a bit of control over the device they purchased.
tl;dr shit OS.
>>
>>61716511
Max? Is that you?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qO5EsyHEp9M
>>
>>61722986
It's simple, they have nothing better to do.
>>
>>61716435

>It's not a necessary trade-off. Rooting one's phone does not actually make the phone insecure. Meanwhile, if you jailbreak an iPhone, you necessarily have an arbitrary code execution vulnerability on your phone, and are not patching it.

I'm not taking sides here, but you are semi-incorrect. Jailbreaking does rely on an actual exploit itself but rooting a phone is also insecure as hell.

You can remove a phone's screen lock by booting into TWRP and deleting one or two files. You may as well as park your car on your driveway but leave the keys in the ignition all night and hope nobody looks inside of the car.
>>
Bottom line it's a fucking walled garden that you can't even click and drag files onto or off of. It's a locked down POS where Apple ultimately has the true authority over it. Get a SD card slot and get rid of the iCloud NAGWARE and maybe I can give it a second look.
>>
>>61723445
I think my problem with Android is fragmentation. Updates are hell unless you have a Pixel or Nexus, companies tend to implement designs and 'features' that are so tacky and laggy it should be illegal, there's bloatware galore, and the fact that carriers control updates is fucking annoying and counterproductive. Google has no leverage over the carriers or over the OEMs so they have no choice but to just let everyone actively turn Android into this fuckfest of a total mess. The best they can hope for is to manufacture their own phone as a vision for what Android is supposed to be and say, "Hey, everyone. Try to do something like this."
And so far, it hasn't been working. The Nexus line was sort of a guideline for other device manufacturers, which went almost completely ignored. So they had to create the Pixel as a way of getting the attention of the masses; if you can't tell them what to do, then compete with them and hopefully they'll copy you. That hasn't been working either.
So the problem with Android as a whole is that Google fucked up by allowing people to tinker with it, because 90% of the shit that results from it is really bad. Google should've done what Microsoft did with Windows; semi-lock it and force companies to by a contract in order to manufacture devices preloaded with Android. That way they make money off of it, updating is as easy as updating an iPhone, and no more bloatware. If they had done that, there would be virtually no reason to buy an iPhone at all.
>>
Why would i waste $1200 on something that will be worthless in 2 years
>>
>>61712004
Because you need Apple's damned permission to put code on the thing.
Fuck Apple.
And fuck you Ramakrishna.

>>61723583
>Google has no leverage over the carriers or over the OEMs
That was the whole point of Android in the first place: carrier fuckery and OEM fuckery.
Thankfully, CFW is an option on most devices.
>semi-lock it and force companies to by a contract in order to manufacture devices preloaded with Android
They sort of do, with Google Play as their incentive to conform. Google Mobile Services is not free and probably comes with specific performance requirements on the part of the carrier and OEM.
>neoliberal coinbox fetishism
disregarded
>>
>>61712004
Because tech enthusiasts understand it's overpriced
>>
>>61712004
subtle shill
fuck off
>>
>>61712004
I tried android once, never again. Phone was vuln to stagefright, and samsung didn't let you update for a non-latest model phone. iPhone still gets updates years later, android you get fucked after a new model comes out and they leave unpatchable exploits in your OS. Sure, major iOS updates will slow down your phone after it's not the latest model, but atleast you aren't walking around with a phone with a remote code execution exploit. Kinda gay how apple is fighting jailbreaking so hard now tho, but maybe that's just the fag ceo. Also (((Google))).
>>
>>61716328
>And we still don't.

You'll all be dead soon.

Pc master race will be displaced.

PC genocide is real. And I love it.
>>
>>61720453
Hipster overload
>>
>>61723820
>unironically defending apple
Pathetic.
>>
>>61712004
>Why is iphone so unpopular among tech enthusiasts?
Can't install ipa natively, no file browser, no open source alternative, you are not even in full control over your own phone you paid good money for. enjoy being used
>>
why are we even replying to that? it was clearly a bait after he mentioned security and privacy
>>
>>61712004
>Best Software Support
>Best Apps
False. Unless you judge software by the looks(you should kill yourself then).
>>
>>61725597
>you are not even in full control over your own phone you paid good money for.

Is it all down to this philosophical argument? The Linux desktop never took off because this argument isn't compelling.

>it was clearly a bait after he mentioned security and privacy

Clearly not. iPhone security is unmatched. The President of the United States uses an iPhone. Barack Obama used an iPad. The FBI was eventually able to get into the iPhone 5c, but the 5s and beyond so far remain locked down.

And privacy, again iPhone is unmatched here. Android tracks you for Google's purposes. Many apps on Android have permissions to do whatever they want.
Compared to iPhone, which has permissions and prompts for every security permission. If you buy an iPhone off the shelf and turn off location tracking, its totally anonymous.

>>61728203
>False. Unless you judge software by the looks

Snapchat still doesn't function correctly on Android. Laggy video. That's just one example, but it's one of the leading social apps in the world and it runs like shit on Android.

>>61723684
>Because tech enthusiasts understand it's overpriced

Would these same enthusiasts spend $700 on a Galaxy S8? Or a Pixel? Taking the risk of being abandoned by the OEM, no software updates, worse apps, dramatically worse customer experience? Or do enthusiasts only buy knockoff Chinese phones to pinch pennies?

Serious question.
>>
>>61728803
>Snapchat still doesn't function correctly on Android.
Snapchat doesn't function correctly anywhere.
>>
>>61712004
>a device you can't install your own OS on is unpopular among enthusiasts
Neurons: fired.
>>
>>61712004
> one poo has been deposited in your loo
>>
>>61728841

Snapchat works fine on my iPhone 7.

>>61728203

No, really, it has the best software support. I used to have a Samsung Galaxy Note 12.2, and I was really excited to use the S Pen, and then I learned that it only really had decent support within Samsung's pre-packaged apps. Even then, it was unimpressive, and seemed like it was made more for the phablet-sized Note than for a large tablet. (Android tablet software literally being embiggened Android phone software? Never saw that one coming!)

Anyway, a few years later, I went and got an iPad Pro, and I got an Apple Pencil with it. I went on the App Store, and discovered that EVERY SINGLE APP that could benefit from the presence some kind of writing implement had explicit support for the Apple Pencil. It's like, wow, these devs actually give a fuck about support.

>>61723501

>Get a SD card slot

Overrated. SD cards are slow and failure-prone, and Google is *still* squabbling with OEMs over the proper implementation, even after they took multiple major versions of Android to even figure out how they wanted to handle permissions.

>get rid of the iCloud NAGWARE

iCloud nags you because the iPhone is fail-secure, you retard. It's for the user's own good. Forget theft; If you, or your retarded parents, or your downy three-year-old get a hold of your phone and hammer the lock screen until the passcode prompt stops appearing, that's it, your data's gone. You should probably be backing it up to something. You can back up to iTunes rather than iCloud, but you need to be doing *something* to secure your data. It's important. And that's why they nag people: because they have no other way of knowing that you know it's important.
>>
>>61712004
sage and report shill threads
>>
>>61712004
It should be extremely obvious why tech enthuaists don't buy locked down overpriced fisher price toys that is 100% garunteed to come with unremovable spyware. Kys shill
Thread posts: 82
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.