[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what language should i learn? java, ruby or python? criterias;

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: ayo-fingrboxs___zps18714b0b.jpg (18KB, 320x274px) Image search: [Google]
ayo-fingrboxs___zps18714b0b.jpg
18KB, 320x274px
what language should i learn?
java, ruby or python?

criterias; ease of learning, job opportunities.
>>
Java and python
>>
install gentoo
>>
poo in loo
>>
Java gives you jobs but sucks and is illspoken

Python gives you jobs and is easy to learn but is not very respected

Ruby is easy to learn and mocked. Haven't heard of it related to jobs outside of web development but it may be my ignorance only.
>>
Asm x86, C and C++.
Know them, and you will always have a job.
>>
>>61711100
Any specific order?
>>
>>61710092
erlang
>>
>>61711064

>Python gives you jobs and is easy to learn but is not very respected

Only autists think this.
>>
>>61710092
Java, Python.

> ease of learning, job opportunities
Pick one. You'll not have a good job opportunity if you only do as much as hundreds of millions of other people do. Not for long anyhow.
>>
>>61711114

Unnisntal windows, and put Debian.
Firstly learn how computers work.
Then learn asm x86 from Open SecurityTraining.
Then learn C and low level(Operating systems, drivers etc from Berkeley CS courses)
Then go learn C++ and OOP with data structures and algorithms very well.

You can do this, and get hired for huge $ at big companies, or just learn javascript with react or any other hipster framework and become a faggot
>>
>>61711064
>Java gives you jobs but sucks and is illspoken
Like all serious "old" languages it's being updated, and usually augmented by other, often newer languages.

Some companies will also just let you use Scala or Clojure or Kotlin on various projects. Or Python. Or whatever else. Even if their main thing is in Java.

Happens all the time, really.
>>
File: 1500920950734.jpg (52KB, 592x754px) Image search: [Google]
1500920950734.jpg
52KB, 592x754px
>>61711223
Thanx!!
>>
>>61711223
>You can do this, and get hired for huge $ at big companies
What you are describing is basically the basics that you'd more or less expect a bachelor's degree holder from a second rate (but not diploma mill shit) university to be able to handle.

If you're good, you may be able to convince someone to employ you, sure, but I don't think big $ is really something you should expect at that point.
>>
>>61711273

>What you are describing is basically the basics that you'd more or less expect a bachelor's degree holder from a second rate (but not diploma mill shit) university

Hmmmmm

no?

Maybe someone from top USA colleges.

99% of /g/ does not know this things
>>
>>61711294
No, just not a diploma mill. At least I was assuming that the state of US universities isn't so bad that only the very top rated ones still do reasonable education, figures the second-rate ones also still are okay enough.

Also, the world is big and more people are trying pretty hard to perform well in this field. You might not want to underestimate this field. It's probably not as easy as being a teacher or even a doctor (which honestly also work pretty hard to get where they are, but maybe a bit less hard to stay there) in the long run.

> 99% of /g/ does not know this things
Dunno if that's accurate, but I also usually think 4/5 of the answers on some topics don't really seem like they're given by people with any degree in the field, but there are often some good answers.
>>
C
Java
Haskell (Or something else out there like Erlang or Clojure)

With C know things like handling Unix processes
and OpenGL and with Java know the libraries and java servlets ($$) with the functional languages focus on concurrency

And of course along the way you won't have any trouble learning some light javascript/css/perl or what have you
>>
>>61711223
Already doing the second one. Just how faggot am I?
>>
>>61711420

You have no ideea what the fuck you're talking about.

If he knows OS programming, Data strctures&Algorithms, every big company will suck his dick to hire him.

Most US cs graduates suck,they have no ideea of low level, most do codemonkey web development.

What I said above, only a handful of programmers know.

>>61711506

its not my problem, but if you got a degree just to do js then you wasted 4 years of your years.You re also never going to get big bucks.
>>
lisp
>>
Also learn R with your python.
>>
>>61711540
> You have no ideea what the fuck you're talking about.
I guess I only do to an extent. Ultimately I didn't specialize in analyzing job markets and employer needs.

But it doesn't sound like you have more of a clue.

> Most US cs graduates suck,they have no ideea of low level, most do codemonkey web development.
Eh, I don't know if it's the majority that comes from third rate universities and diploma mills. But that still leaves quite a few tens of thousands in even just in purely domestic competition.

And despite your fairly valiant efforts to make working in the USA less desireable, there are still skilled people willing to relocate to the USA to work there. Never mind that companies are pretty obviously moving more jobs elsewhere. So really, the competition is ultimately not just domestic.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.