[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>nice design >good build quality >unix-based os >every

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1427960160602.jpg (25KB, 440x242px) Image search: [Google]
1427960160602.jpg
25KB, 440x242px
>nice design
>good build quality
>unix-based os
>every non-retina model is easily upgradeable
>can be had for like $300 used
>doesn't make you look like an autist using them in public

What is there not to like about MacBook Pros?
>>
>>61705489
Eh. Soon the used ones will be heavily used with keyboards full of hard, crispy cum, and you're stuck with the un-upgradeable Cook-era shit.

Even the Mini and Pro have fallen from grace. macOS's market share declines—Linux's is slowly rising. Just dual boot Linux with Windows for whenever you need to use video editing software or have your personal data pilfered every 15 minutes.
>>
>>61705542
Late 2008 to Mid 2012 models are easily upgradeable. When you take off the bottom cover you have access to everything. I see MacOS as the best of both worlds -- you get Unix stability and near Windows compatibility. I still prefer Linux but I don't see what the purpose of hating Mac is when it isn't all that different from the ThinkPads /g/ loves.
>>
Pre retina versions have shit screens

1st generation retina has failing gpu

2nd gen the screen fucking flakes

3rd gen fucking throttles.

I'm not a gaymen faggot and only occasionally launch overwatch to unwind but it's literally fucking unplayable on my 2017. It throttles within 15 minutes and even at manual max fan speed (6000rpm) and throttle stop it still clocks down.
>>
>>61705619
As if ThinkPads don't have shit tier displays. Never said anything about Retinas either. I'm talking about 13 inch non-retina models.
>>
>>61705614
Yeah. I know.
As I said, the 2008-2012 models are going to be very old soon, with keyboards full of hard, crispy cum. They'll be obsolete—leaving you with Cook-era crap.

There's nothing wrong with macOS, but the "good" Apple machines will be dead and unviable soon, leaving you with the contemporary shit.
>>
>>61705650
Eh, i'd say 2010 and newer is still usable. Runs the latest version of macOS, and if it's too slow, you can just stick Linux on it. I've got a 2012 myself (replaced my old 2009) and with an SSD upgrade it flies.
>>
>>61705489
There's no 12" model and they're not swivel-hinged convertibles.
>>
>>61705650
To expand on this—Apple doesn't have a macOS development team anymore. Sometime about a year ago they shifted all of those engineers to work on iOS; that's where the majority of their profits are. Tim Cook plays it safe; he sees that mobile is lucrative, so he's doubled down on mobile, and the recent macOS offerings have been left to rot, or given half-hearted, uninspired upgrades at bizarre intervals like the new all-in-one iMac Pro.

Those 2012 computers won't last you forever, and I'm not betting on Apple organizing any kind of resurgence of macOS products. Might as well just switch to Linux. OS X was nice when it lasted, but it's a dying platform.
>>
File: IMG_20170801_003937~01.jpg (1MB, 4160x2591px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170801_003937~01.jpg
1MB, 4160x2591px
>>61705642
The W series thinkpads all have amazing displays respective of their current years. W510~W530 supports wide gamut tn, still better than 90% of current 2017 budget/gaming laptops, W540~W550 supports 3k IPS, and the p50 series has 4k ips panels.

If you buy anything but the W series or older than the t440 you're asking for eye cancer.
>>
>>61705702
I won't deny that ThinkPads are good computers, but the 2012 era T series and X series that /g/ jacks off to on the daily do have truly awful displays. The non-Retina MacBook Pro is comparable.
>>
>>61705692
Sure, no 12" is a fair point, but the rotating screen shit is overrated. Who actually uses that? I hear people bitch about how wobbly the tablet display is and I've never seen anybody unironically use it.
>>
>>61705732
Yeah those panels are cancer. Only exception is the x220 ips mod but nobody does it and only use it as an excuse to defend the X series.
>>
>>61705750
>but the rotating screen shit is overrated.
I disagree.
>Who actually uses that?
Me
>I hear people bitch about how wobbly the tablet display is and I've never seen anybody unironically use it.
My laptop's 8 years old and the hinge is as sturdy as if it was brand new. The type of hinge isn't an issue, it's the quality of the specific laptop along with how it's treated.
>>
>>61705702
Swapping a w520 panel into a t520 is the best of both worlds. You can pick up a t520 with a broken screen for 60-70usd and a new FHD w520 panel for 40-50usd. It's about half the price of a comparable w520 unit.
>>
>>61705702
>fuckhueg trackpad
???
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.