[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Daily reminder that ISPs are NOT a monopoly. Daily reminder

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: AJIT2.png (889KB, 800x1182px) Image search: [Google]
AJIT2.png
889KB, 800x1182px
Daily reminder that ISPs are NOT a monopoly.
Daily reminder that you're a censorship-loving neumale beta if you support net neutrality.
There are multiple ISPs in the US, and they all compete. That's not a monopoly.
>>
>>61704270
Hot buzzwords you got there normalfag
>>
>>61704270
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monopoly#Utilities
Most consumers only have one available provider because the cost of creating the needed infrastructure prevents competition. Consumers with only one option are forced to pay whatever the company demands and the company does not have to compete for the customer's business, i.e., a monopoly.
>>
>>61704270
>There are multiple ISPs in the US, and they all compete.
In their own regions.
>>
File: 1500325255656.jpg (169KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1500325255656.jpg
169KB, 1024x768px
>>61704270
>There are multiple ISPs in the US, and they all compete. That's not a monopoly.
Yeah, they have their own territory that they don't fight for. Like colluding gangsters.
>>
>>61704420
Fucking disgusting
>/pol/ the image
>>
>>61704443
>>61704420
>>61704415
>>61704387
And that doesn't mean that they won't compete outside of their regions if they want to make their shareholders happy.
Your argument is invalid. They are NOT monopolies.
>>
File: 1498012468747.gif (4MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1498012468747.gif
4MB, 320x240px
>>61704270
> Look at me, I'm stupid.

I find it fascinating that special people like you manage to remain alive. I genuinely do.
>>
>>61704270
>third world problems
>>
>>61704642
They're in cahoots though, they can each have a share of the pie and make safe and reliable profits all while raising prices, the only loser here is the masses.
In the mean time they kill off any new competition through bought legislation and phony regulations.

At the local level they're effectively monopolies, on the national level they're a gang of racketeers
>>
>>61705226
>gang of racketeers
muh monopolies
>>
The only ISP that actually competes is Google Fiber, and that's because it's building a completely new type of infrastructure that didn't exist before. Once it's laid its fiber it'll be a monopoly in its own sector just like cable internet providers.
>>
>>61704270
If you love censorship you'd almost certainly be anti-net neutrality because it would allow ISPs to censor freely through throttling
>>
>>61704270
>There are multiple ISPs in the US, and they all compete. That's not a monopoly.
not everyone has a choice in their ISP depending on their location. But you already knew that.
>>
>>61705556
If you love censorship you'd be pro-net neutrality, and you'd support the corrupt government censoring things that hurt their feelings.
>>
>>61705587
>government is corrupt because of corporations
>ergo we should just let the corporations do what they want

Great plan
>>
>>61705603
>muh corporations

How's college treating you?
>>
>>61704270
>censorship-loving neumale beta if you support net neutrality
except this is bullshit, and you know it
>>
>>61704270
There are ISP monopolies in most rural areas of the US, you dumb frogposter.
>>
Daily reminder that the American free market is inherently flawed, and a truly free market would never allow ISPs to violate the NAP by bullying the competition into submission with lobbying and backroom deals with politicians.
>>
>>61704270
Saying that ISPs are not a monopoly and thinking net nuetraility causes censorship is literally retarded. Go back to r/ the_zionald
>>
>>61704270
How much are you getting paid, senpai?
>>
>>61704270
>Daily reminder that ISPs are NOT a monopoly
This entirely depends on your area. For example, Spectrum is the only ISP in my area that isn't DSL or worse.
>>
We have "Ziggo" in my country that is a coax-cable monopolist. And there are only 2.5 million people with fiber internet here, might take another 20 years before it's 80+% implemented into the whole country
>>
>>61705913
I don't get how anybody from the_faggotry could support something that would let comcast (which owns msnbc) block their fake news
>>
File: DxxsKI0.png (8KB, 624x278px) Image search: [Google]
DxxsKI0.png
8KB, 624x278px
>>61704270
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.