[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why the fuck can't I turn this fucking button off? It shows

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 2017-08-02_19.16.57.jpg (866KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
2017-08-02_19.16.57.jpg
866KB, 1080x1920px
Why the fuck can't I turn this fucking button off? It shows up on every part of the UI including videos and I always accidentally press the fucking thing and it auto streams to my roommate's TV.

Or at the very least, why the fuck is there no dialog box asking if you're sure you want to cast?
>>
You can't turn it off because it appears automatically for convenience.

A really solid solution for this problem is to set up your own WiFi network separate from your roommate's. No TV on the new network, no cast button.

Also for what it's worth I just tapped the button on my phone and it still asked whether I meant to connect to my Chromecast. Not sure why yours is automatic.
>>
quit clicking it retard
>>
>>61700339
The TV has a YouTube app built into it and so it auto connects to any other YouTube app on the network. It's different from Chromecast so it doesn't ask at all, it just instantly streams and it's annoying as fuck.
>>
>>61700401
My friend had one of those TVs and I used to have to tap the device name there, too. I guess it varies by model or it's changed since then.

But yeah, we're both on the same page here that the network is the key. Connect via a different device and it'll be invisible to you.
>>
>>61700429
Well, thanks for the tip to set up my own network, I'll get to it one day. But still, Google should at least give an option to users who don't use cast to begin with, is a simple toggle too much to ask?
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.